TESTERS WANTED! ×

What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

3 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

@CarlH  Some data from this mornings session using the 53* at 65 yards which has a lower 30* launch.  I was using the 57* yesterday at the 53 yard mark.  The spin data is not real accurate since I didn't have stickers on all the balls.

Ball Speed    Carry Distance (yds)   Launch Angle V (°)   Spin (rpm)   Height 
58.3                      61.7                          31.7                         9627            38
58.8                      62.5                         34.2                        10084           43
55.7                       58                           33.7                          7145            37
59.4                       64                           33.2                         5575            41
56.5                      58.2                          29.2                         8215            31
61.8                       68.2                         30.5                          7036           40
58.7                       63.1                          32.1                          7958           39
58.2                      60.7                          29.4                         11056           34 
58.7                      61.5                           27.9                          6336           31  
59                         62.2                          28.7                          5962          33 
60.7                       65.5                         29.9                          10358         38 
61                         65.9                           28.1                           7208          34 

58.9                    62.625               30.716667    8046.666667    36.58333333   

1.738860651    3.002763878        2.209003       1834.06    3.941811612    

Accepted your challenge Shapo 🙂

Probably less accurate into my net, but here are my numbers with my 52.  trying to lock in my swing at 60 yards...  I remembered your post incorrectly - I see now you were targeting 65... but anyway, here are my results.  This turns out to be a 1/2 swing (left arm parallel to ground).  The Mevo is a blast, I agree.

image.png.050b4ea8fe56e71550b7ea2fb8fdc128.png

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

47 minutes ago, Tiftaaft said:

Accepted your challenge Shapo 🙂

Probably less accurate into my net, but here are my numbers with my 52.  trying to lock in my swing at 60 yards...  I remembered your post incorrectly - I see now you were targeting 65... but anyway, here are my results.  This turns out to be a 1/2 swing (left arm parallel to ground).  The Mevo is a blast, I agree.

image.png.050b4ea8fe56e71550b7ea2fb8fdc128.png

Nice!!  The mevo data is fun to check out & exporting to a .csv file is a nice feature.     I like to see what the std deviation is because I think that gives me an idea how consistent I am over a session.  Looks like you caught a flyer lie on a couple!  😄  I had a couple in later batches where i caught the heel of the club on the mat and lost about 4 mph and 5 yards.

That 65 yardage is a 53* 1/2 swing for me too.  The video is nice to have because yesterday when i thought i was taking 1/2 swing with the 57* i caught myself closer to 3/4 hand height on the backswing. 

The other nice thing to see is height of the shot.  I have been practicing my follow thru finishing with hands low and left vs hands high and toward the target to get different flights.  The flight height data is a good reinforcement during practice.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

7 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

Looks like you caught a flyer lie on a couple!  😄

haha, those few were actually good swings... the rest are my normal "not so good" swings with poor contact ... haha.  Caught one a little fat too... I would be having to chip on that one... 13 yards short.  My deviation had some outliers.  😉

8 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

The video is nice to have because yesterday when i thought i was taking 1/2 swing with the 57* i caught myself closer to 3/4 hand height on the backswing.

yes, the video is a great tool as well... and a good point.  I said half way, but you are right... may have just "felt" like a 1/2 swing, but actually something different.  I will set up the camera the next time I go out to the net :).  

Love this exercise though... repeatable swing is what it's all about.

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

2 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

The video is nice to have because yesterday when i thought i was taking 1/2 swing with the 57* i caught myself closer to 3/4 hand height on the backswing. 

As you suggested Shapo - I was going past parallel on most of my "1/2" swings.  My car is outdoors now that I have a practice area 😉

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

Back to the range to work on that bleeping driver. Based on feedback yesterday I focused on keeping my back to the target as long as possible to not lunge at the ball. Hit some really nice drives. Also hit a bunch of pulls. Mixed that in with some wedges to 50 and 100 yards. Ended with some time on the chipping green, dropping balls in the thicker rough to work on not chopping at the ball to get it out. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

As documented elsewhere I’ve been on the road for 10 days, sans clubs. 

I did take the blue stick with and had two workouts with it.

Chipped for half an hour before church yesterday. Had a huge event after church today - first congregational meal in 16 months to celebrate the arrival of our new Deaconess - part of our vacation was attending our old Deaconess’s wedding. 

At any rate that meant that I couldn’t get to the range until 330 - not good in our current weather pattern. Did get half an hour of dynamic warm up, 8 irons and dome drivers in. Was pleasantly surprised with how I hit it. 

I have a video lesson to film this week - I know - I said never but it’s complicated when you’re a club member and want to change teachers. Plus this guy is only two hours away and I could go see him live if need be. I’ve booked two lessons. Waiting on the Lovely Laura’s availability to video - this is going to cost me a dinner at the club for her and her husband 🙂

2F4CB69B-19A6-47ED-A9B4-10400382D4CD.jpeg

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

22 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Got back out to the range today, I was in kind of a rush as a rain storm was coming in. I did get some video in of my swing and didn't delete it this time. 

My wedges were still pretty decent, I did hit a few fat with my 60°. 

Irons were fairly decent, I've been working on getting my weight transferred to my left side and was able to actually get some video from face on. 

I realized after watching, my grip on my right hand is a bit too strong and I need to work that out. Plus, I might have my ball position a little forward for the 7 iron I was hitting. 

My fairway woods are still a problem, and I don't seem to be shifting my weight at all. I had a lot of topped shots today.

I'm also noticing an alignment issue that I need to focus on. 

I did hit a couple of good ones, still with the same swing faults.

I did have one that I shifted properly on, and it was still not too pretty. 

Driver wasn't too bad, and I only hit a few of them. I had to hurry up at the end of the session as the rain was starting to come down.

I recommend Monte's No Turn Cast video.  Fixed my OTT and shanks... when I do it correctly.  🙄  Still a work in progress.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

A quick clip from a range session last week. I spent the early part of the session focusing on an in-to-out club path feeling with my mid-irons (probably closer to neutral in reality, since I tend to be pretty out-to-in). At the end of the session I brought those feelings over to the driver. Still some work to do on shallowing out the swing, but this was a definitely improvement from my last round when every driver shot had a 30+ yard slice.

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
7 Wood - :PXG: 0341x Gen 4, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 75-S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X LS

Powered by :Arccos:

2020 ExPutt Official Review | 2021 Cobra Connect Five Participant | 2023 SuperSpeed Official Review

2 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I recommend Monte's No Turn Cast video.  Fixed my OTT and shanks... when I do it correctly.  🙄  Still a work in progress.

I'm going to have to check that out, I've looked and seen what he had on YouTube but don't think it's as in depth as the full video. I have heard you mention here during the last couple of weeks and it has me intrigued. Thank you, El Conquistador!

55 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I'm going to have to check that out, I've looked and seen what he had on YouTube but don't think it's as in depth as the full video. I have heard you mention here during the last couple of weeks and it has me intrigued. Thank you, El Conquistador!

Anything of Monte's is gold. I have pretty much everything save for Use The Bounce 2.0. I found the Efficient Swing to be better than the No Turn Cast, but that was for me personally - I still got a lot out of the NTC video. A lot of what Monte discusses and shows lines up with what I worked on in in-person lessons with someone else. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

Yeah, the original youtube video is many years old.  Last year, Monte broke it down into segments and explains it in detail.  I am constantly going back to certain segments for refresher.  Having been to a couple of his clinics, I have connected with his style of teaching.  His Instagram is a good follow.  I don't do social media, but I follow Monte and of course, MyGolfSpy!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

2 hours ago, gavinski91 said:

A quick clip from a range session last week. I spent the early part of the session focusing on an in-to-out club path feeling with my mid-irons (probably closer to neutral in reality, since I tend to be pretty out-to-in). At the end of the session I brought those feelings over to the driver. Still some work to do on shallowing out the swing, but this was a definitely improvement from my last round when every driver shot had a 30+ yard slice.

Never been to Lynden.  You are waaaay up there!!

On 7/11/2021 at 7:29 PM, sirchunksalot said:

Got back out to the range today, I was in kind of a rush as a rain storm was coming in. I did get some video in of my swing and didn't delete it this time. 

My wedges were still pretty decent, I did hit a few fat with my 60°. 

Irons were fairly decent, I've been working on getting my weight transferred to my left side and was able to actually get some video from face on. 

I realized after watching, my grip on my right hand is a bit too strong and I need to work that out. Plus, I might have my ball position a little forward for the 7 iron I was hitting. 

My fairway woods are still a problem, and I don't seem to be shifting my weight at all. I had a lot of topped shots today.

I'm also noticing an alignment issue that I need to focus on. 

I did hit a couple of good ones, still with the same swing faults.

I did have one that I shifted properly on, and it was still not too pretty. 

Driver wasn't too bad, and I only hit a few of them. I had to hurry up at the end of the session as the rain was starting to come down.

In all of these videos you have the same issues. It looks like too much focus on width which results in no wrist set in your swing. This turns into a collapsing right elbow that bends past 90* which then leads to your wrists setting and causing the club to bounce (Monte and especially AMG talk about this). You then move your entire body in transition causing an ott type move with a steep shaft and your right arm getting stick behind you. At this point you body will do whatever is needed to try and square the club and days or even shots where it marches up you will hit decent shots but going to be more shots and days of inconsistency than consistency. 

the paid version of not turn cast videos and/or the efficient swing would be good to work on this. Parts of drive 4 dough would help as well. 

21 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

Anything of Monte's is gold. I have pretty much everything save for Use The Bounce 2.0. I found the Efficient Swing to be better than the No Turn Cast, but that was for me personally - I still got a lot out of the NTC video. A lot of what Monte discusses and shows lines up with what I worked on in in-person lessons with someone else. 

Efficient swing is a great series because it covers the entire swing in depth with numerous drills for each area so a golfer has options to find what feel/drill works for them where as ntc is a set of specific drills that for some may not translate into a good feel for the golfer. I think a combo of the videos is beneficial especially if working cast A during the videos for left arm parallel and full swing in the efficient swing series and cast b in the videos/drills for shaft parallel in efficient swing 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

25 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

I found UTB 2.0 to be very helpful, mostly for my bunker play.  A newbie golfer would be wise to watch this video over and over and over... humerus forward!!

2 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

In all of these videos you have the same issues. It looks like too much focus on width which results in no wrist set in your swing. This turns into a collapsing right elbow that bends past 90* which then leads to your wrists setting and causing the club to bounce (Monte and especially AMG talk about this). You then move your entire body in transition causing an ott type move with a steep shaft and your right arm getting stick behind you. At this point you body will do whatever is needed to try and square the club and days or even shots where it marches up you will hit decent shots but going to be more shots and days of inconsistency than consistency. 

the paid version of not turn cast videos and/or the efficient swing would be good to work on this. Parts of drive 4 dough would help as well. 

Efficient swing is a great series because it covers the entire swing in depth with numerous drills for each area so a golfer has options to find what feel/drill works for them where as ntc is a set of specific drills that for some may not translate into a good feel for the golfer. I think a combo of the videos is beneficial especially if working cast A during the videos for left arm parallel and full swing in the efficient swing series and cast b in the videos/drills for shaft parallel in efficient swing 

^^^  What he said!!  I have all of Monte's videos.  For the valuable information and a very reasonable price, they are well worth it!  

On 7/11/2021 at 8:34 PM, PMookie said:

Decided to FINALLY get out the chipping net I bought during the Covid lockdown! Grabbed the mat, and then chipped 100+ times varying the distance of the net from the mat. Working off the mat will help my fear of chips on tight lies, and it makes me use the bounce. Plus, it doesn’t destroy the yard!

ED414C72-1FC2-4AE8-9CD3-F184007DD506.jpeg

Your lawn is fantastic

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

1 hour ago, bens197 said:

Your lawn is fantastic

Thank you! Just the few dog urine “burns”, and some red ant piles here-and-there. In-ground sprinkler system does wonders here in the Louisiana heat!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

9 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Never been to Lynden.  You are waaaay up there!!

Born and raised in Central Washington - lived in Kennewick for several years before moving to Vancouver... nice variety of courses around the Tri-Cities area.  Back in the mid 90's (when I lived there) spent my time at Canyon Lakes, Sun Willows and Horn Rapids. But I grew up about a Driver away from Suntides GC in Yakima (Well... now it would be a driver + an 8 iron 🤣)  Anyway, sorry to derail the 'practice' thread... but I miss the northwest!  

Edited by Tiftaaft
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

14 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

I was hoping you would comment on this, as I've seen you post a bit on other swing videos and you have a good eye for swing flaws. I appreciate the critique and the observation that I'm getting too wide. I think trying to gain speed with SuperSpeed has probably leaked into my subconscious causing a ripple effect with every club in my bag. I've noticed how bad my trail arm has looked in a lot of videos pausing and going on slow motion and was curious to find what might be a root cause. 1039727872_Screenshot_20210713-120311_VideoPlayer-01.jpeg.9914b2cc266f40696a2e675c681bf906.jpeg

I'm planning on getting lessons later this year once the problems in the automotive industry become more stable and I know we'll have steady work. Right now things are a bit iffy and I can't justify the cost with the fear in the back of my mind off either reduced hours or a layoff. At least they're doing everything possible to keep it going by sharing parts between plants and sending us stuff since our product is selling well. 

Gotta give it to my wife, she's the one that is really pushing me to get lessons.

Thanks again for your help!

3 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I was hoping you would comment on this, as I've seen you post a bit on other swing videos and you have a good eye for swing flaws. I appreciate the critique and the observation that I'm getting too wide. I think trying to gain speed with SuperSpeed has probably leaked into my subconscious causing a ripple effect with every club in my bag. I've noticed how bad my trail arm has looked in a lot of videos pausing and going on slow motion and was curious to find what might be a root cause. 1039727872_Screenshot_20210713-120311_VideoPlayer-01.jpeg.9914b2cc266f40696a2e675c681bf906.jpeg

I'm planning on getting lessons later this year once the problems in the automotive industry become more stable and I know we'll have steady work. Right now things are a bit iffy and I can't justify the cost with the fear in the back of my mind off either reduced hours or a layoff. At least they're doing everything possible to keep it going by sharing parts between plants and sending us stuff since our product is selling well. 

Gotta give it to my wife, she's the one that is really pushing me to get lessons.

Thanks again for your help!

If you have a recent video I’ll take a look for you. What I seen I the pic is the right arm is dominating your transition and instead of externally rotating it’s doing the opposite and internally rotating and which causes it to then get on top of the left arm and steeping the shaft. And from this point you options are miss the ball if you keep going or you have to dump the right shoulder or right side to shallow in an attempt to make contact. This is all compensation for something you are doing in the takeaway and or backswing. 

a good video from face on so we can look at setup and how you move in the takeaway along with a down the line so we can see the arms and body movement. 

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

1 minute ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

If you have a recent video I’ll take a look for you. What I seen I the pic is the right arm is dominating your transition and instead of externally rotating it’s doing the opposite and internally rotating and which causes it to then get on top of the left arm and steeping the shaft. And from this point you options are miss the ball if you keep going or you have to dump the right shoulder or right side to shallow in an attempt to make contact. This is all compensation for something you are doing in the takeaway and or backswing. 

a good video from face on so we can look at setup and how you move in the takeaway along with a down the line so we can see the arms and body movement. 

I'll try to get a video for you sometime this week, those I posted are actually from Sunday and the current state of my swing. I'll try to get better angles for you, my tripod lost part of a leg when I took it out of my bag. Fortunately, I have another one but it was at the house. 

8 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I'll try to get a video for you sometime this week, those I posted are actually from Sunday and the current state of my swing. I'll try to get better angles for you, my tripod lost part of a leg when I took it out of my bag. Fortunately, I have another one but it was at the house. 

I’ll take some screen grabs from those videos to show you what I’m talking about. And then can take a look at the ones you get later this week 

More work with the driver this morning at the range.  

Trying to hit toe / heel and high toe balls.  I've found that this SIM2, unlike my LST flies better with center face strikes.  The LST would fly when I could catch it just up and towards the toe while this is more of a lower / center strike driver.  

I still can't turn it over with any R-L topspin.  I can hit a closed face pull but the draws and hooks are not happening and that is fantastic.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

14 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

I’ll take some screen grabs from those videos to show you what I’m talking about. And then can take a look at the ones you get later this week 

I would appreciate it, I was just about to Google external and internal rotation of forearms in the golf swing. I would assume internal rotation, for lack of a better analogy, is palm rotating toward the ground if I was swinging without a club. 

15 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Yeah from this angle it’s hard to tell for sure on somethings in the takeaway and backswing but what I see to start the swing you appear to be more arms in the takeaway rather than chest/shoulders moving it for you. First pic. Not necessarily bad but can cause issues.

your shoulders and hips appear to turn flat instead of the left side getting some bend towards the ground and you don’t have any wrist set as mentioned earlier. From this angle and it might not be the case when a true dtl video but the club looks to have gotten inside too much. Second pic 

Now as you work your way to the top you hands get deep but you don’t have any hip depth and you left arm is starting to rotate getting the club pointed out away from the ball and target line where it should be pointed at or up to about 6” inside it. Third and fourth pic

From here you lift the arms and over extend causing the right arm to be bent too much and the club getting long. Fourth and fifth pics. I didn’t capture the full swing at the top but if you look in slo mo you can see the run off of the club and body. Fifth pic

In transition because of the arm depth and lack of hip depth along with being flat you move the whole body which cause the club to get outside and start that ott type move and the steeping shaft mentioned earlier. Sixth pic 

In the seventh and eighth pics you can see the body start to stall and the club getting further outside and then kind of having to start to stand up in the last pic. This could more exaggerate looking based on angle but as I mentioned in the earlier post these are compensations that have to happen because of where the club is. 

Working on being more connected in the takeaway and getting the wrist set by club parallel will fix some of the issues. Getting the shoulders and hips to work on and angle will fix some of the other issues. Getting these two pieces to work together will be what helps the transition better. 

The no turn cast series makes the takeaway, wrist set, hip and shoulder movements work properly. This is the first part of his drill series. If you don’t have that you can watch the YouTube video around the 2:45 mark for the no turn portion

9EC903EA-3C5F-4385-9DFF-4A73B7D26FA9.jpeg

1F27CFE4-45F5-4E24-AF05-F750C52488D5.jpeg

8D311258-68BF-4268-B4BE-55A51B08D7C1.jpeg

88812869-B4EC-4EF2-8238-832A4F01B135.jpeg

50E86EF6-2BD4-4C53-A6D4-110A51C6A955.jpeg

F3B0A94C-FC3F-44C3-BA38-6EA43FEAE893.jpeg

A5BEC8E0-B7BB-473E-A29F-D650DC8F00D9.jpeg

F18DB258-96F8-4213-A8DA-93491E600209.jpeg

E1C42620-F293-4143-B1CD-5ACBACFBD621.jpeg

6 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I would appreciate it, I was just about to Google external and internal rotation of forearms in the golf swing. I would assume internal rotation, for lack of a better analogy, is palm rotating toward the ground if I was swinging without a club. 

You are correct in what your thinking. 

Working on complementing my fit for golf regimen with some speed drills on some off days. Luckily Mike Carol has some in his app that don’t need speedsticks. Will see if I make any progress in overall distance in the next 4-6 months. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review