TESTERS WANTED! ×

What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

2 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Just for fun, I checked out the cast B drill and that looks like it's going to take a minute or thousand for me to get down. I'm not going to jump ahead, just like seeing what all the video entails to satisfy my curiosity. 

I appreciate the advice and plan on working on the Backswing A drill for quite a while. I even messed around with it today leaving work with the umbrella I carried in. I wanted to work on setting the wrists in the proper position and worked on the feeling of getting to a flat lead wrist. It's definitely going to take a while to iron out all the bad things in my swing, as there are many. Right now it seems like:

Pros: I can make contact and advance the ball

Cons: everything else, but at least I can putt.

Might have just jinxed myself. 

Getting a flat lead wrist is really a game changer.  Work on it.  Then when you get to Transition, it will be easier to bow the wrist.  

Keep after it!!  It does get easier.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

10 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

If doing the rest of the stuff right cast b should happen naturally, but Monte says if it’s not then work on cast b

That's good to know, it looks just a slight bit awkward in the video. 

7 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Getting a flat lead wrist is really a game changer.  Work on it.  Then when you get to Transition, it will be easier to bow the wrist.  

Keep after it!!  It does get easier.

It's starting to get there, but most times I still have a bit of difficulty getting there. I'm wondering if I'm letting my forearms get to separated in the takeaway causing my trail arm not to accommodate a flattening of my lead wrist. 

1 hour ago, HeathS16 said:

I’m more of a hellacious seed type of guy but that bomb looked pretty good! 

Piss missle!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

43 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

That's good to know, it looks just a slight bit awkward in the video. 

It's starting to get there, but most times I still have a bit of difficulty getting there. I'm wondering if I'm letting my forearms get to separated in the takeaway causing my trail arm not to accommodate a flattening of my lead wrist. 

Yeah it’s awkward for sure. I mess with when doing Monte’s efficient swing and one of the first drills is setting the wrist for shaft parallel and hitting balls from there

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

9 hours ago, PMookie said:

Played 18 today but with the course being absolutely soaked, and cart path only, I decide to use it as a “practice” round. It was great to play even though the conditions weren’t great. I played the last 10 holes without my driver…. I hit my drive on 8, leaned over to grab the tee, and SNAP! Ugh. PRAYING I can pick-up the replacement before I head home Friday. The Edel wedges were RIDICULOUS today… Seriously, SO good!

Oh man... were you leaning over with your hand on the top of the shaft, putting your weight on it? 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

I've been doing a lot of putting practice with the PuttOut and taking partial swings in the house trying to work on a new hand position. I noticed I was cupping my wrist a good bit and in straightening it out my backswing has gotten very Rahm like. I've only taken this new swing to the course once and it was really good but it has rained for five days in a row and we're working on a sixth today if the forecast is right. Maybe I'll get on the course again one day, haha.

In my Vessel-removebg-preview.png.afd31301c874ee24a33a6c5f06f4ab98.png Lux XV Cart Bag:
Driver: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
Utility: callaway-golf-vector-logo-removebg-preview.png.1467fda9195e29c96aa5066f048e91b9.png Apex UW 17° and 19° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 6.0
4 Hybrid: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png KING LTDx 21° KBS PGI 85 Stiff
Irons: image.png.66179558e8e55b8b35b741c037395846.png ZX5/ZX7 Project X LZ 6.0
Wedges: image.png.620c54f7108fefbf49a94ba169f19081.png 2.0 49°, 53°, 57° Project X LZ 6.0
Putter:  logo-horizontal-black.svg LINK.1 34"
Ball: MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour (Thanks MGS for allowing me to test these!)

Check out my Official MGS Reviews Below!
:skycaddie: LX5 Watch - Link Here!

MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour and TourX Golf Balls - Link Here!

image.png.28a3be9c497202cfc8176faecf8777ad.png Approach S70 Watch - Link Here!

1 hour ago, russtopherb said:

Oh man... were you leaning over with your hand on the top of the shaft, putting your weight on it? 

Yep. How I always do it with every club. My guy’s going to get me a new set-up, but I’m going to be more cognizant of not doing this down the line!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Just now, PMookie said:

Yep. How I always do it with every club. My guy’s going to get me a new set-up, but I’m going to be more cognizant of not doing this down the line!

I know of someone who had that happen to him and the shaft pierced his forearm 😬 Worse, he was at a rural course that only has a few carts designated for seniors or those with mobility problems, he and his group were walking and were pretty far from the clubhouse. Thankfully he's OK and there was no major damage but he was out of commission for a while. I always do my best to not do that with my clubs after seeing his arm all wrapped up at a BBQ and hearing the story.

12 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I don't video my swing. It's working and I'm afraid I will see something and want to adjust something. 

I have to practice but never do, never hit the range but I must. I am so close to achieving my own personal goal that I thought was just a pipe dream. I just received my USGA handicap update from the Tennessee Golf Association yesterday. I am currently at a 1.1. handicap index. I had six rounds in the sixty's this season so far. I usually have maybe one or two. 

So, I was always content with being a 5 handicap then things just happened over the last two to three years. I'm attributing a lot of this from being active in MGS and some equipment changes and testing opportunities to get me motivated and focused.

My challenge........ Can I get below a 1.0 this season. It's so hard to lower your handicap when it gets low, one bad round can screw up the progress. I'm not talking a really bad round, but enough to be used in the calculations to move me in the wrong direction.  I'll have to have a serious conversation with myself every round. Keep calm, focus, play smart, and have fun (in short, don't choke).🤣

So I am working from home today. In 30 minutes it will be time for lunch. (I keep my home schedule the same for work) I am committing myself  to go out into the yard and hit wedges from 50 to 85 yards to my backyard pin. Soon the balls should show up for my testing of the Maxfli Tour and Tour X balls. I think the focus for the testing should be enough to help me reach my goal.

I can't remember when I was this nervous and excited at the same time. I am actually going to work hard at this. To achieve this at my age (62) will be monumental for me and I hope it inspires others. It doesn't matter how old you get you can still get better.

Congrats on the progress, you got this. I think that is the great part about golf, there are endless goals and there is such a long window to achieve them.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

Been videoing my swing lately to try and solve my driver game and feel like I am going down a rabbit hole. Besides some good recent rounds (and good iron striking) I feel like I have so much work to do still. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

33 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I don't video my swing. It's working and I'm afraid I will see something and want to adjust something. 

I have to practice but never do, never hit the range but I must. I am so close to achieving my own personal goal that I thought was just a pipe dream. I just received my USGA handicap update from the Tennessee Golf Association yesterday. I am currently at a 1.1. handicap index. I had six rounds in the sixty's this season so far. I usually have maybe one or two. 

So, I was always content with being a 5 handicap then things just happened over the last two to three years. I'm attributing a lot of this from being active in MGS and some equipment changes and testing opportunities to get me motivated and focused.

My challenge........ Can I get below a 1.0 this season. It's so hard to lower your handicap when it gets low, one bad round can screw up the progress. I'm not talking a really bad round, but enough to be used in the calculations to move me in the wrong direction.  I'll have to have a serious conversation with myself every round. Keep calm, focus, play smart, and have fun (in short, don't choke).🤣

So I am working from home today. In 30 minutes it will be time for lunch. (I keep my home schedule the same for work) I am committing myself  to go out into the yard and hit wedges from 50 to 85 yards to my backyard pin. Soon the balls should show up for my testing of the Maxfli Tour and Tour X balls. I think the focus for the testing should be enough to help me reach my goal.

I can't remember when I was this nervous and excited at the same time. I am actually going to work hard at this. To achieve this at my age (62) will be monumental for me and I hope it inspires others. It doesn't matter how old you get you can still get better.

Incredible, congrats and good luck

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Worked on several swing feels (posted in my improvement thread). Really need to focus hard and slow down to not over rotate on the way back. My hips and shoulder planes are still out of whack. Load road ahead. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

Still working on backswing A, I took a little video and only see marginal progress. I'm getting a little more wrist set at waist high, but only between 50-60 degrees. I'm still waiting to fully get them set until the top of my backswing. My swing is still looping around to the inside, also. I have a feeling it's going to take a while to completely overhaul just this small part of my swing, but it'll be worth it. As @rbsiedsc said, long road ahead, but every little bit helps to actually learn to sing the club better. 

26 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Still working on backswing A, I took a little video and only see marginal progress. I'm getting a little more wrist set at waist high, but only between 50-60 degrees. I'm still waiting to fully get them set until the top of my backswing. My swing is still looping around to the inside, also. I have a feeling it's going to take a while to completely overhaul just this small part of my swing, but it'll be worth it. As @rbsiedsc said, long road ahead, but every little bit helps to actually learn to sing the club better. 

Don't feel bad!  It took me awhile as well.  I still don't get my wrist set as early as I would like.

You should be able to get to 90º set at left arm parallel using the drill video #3, the No-Turn Backswing.  Keep doing that drill until you know what that position feels like, then work on getting to that same position from address position.  

Good luck!!  You can doooo it!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

50 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Don't feel bad!  It took me awhile as well.  I still don't get my wrist set as early as I would like.

You should be able to get to 90º set at left arm parallel using the drill video #3, the No-Turn Backswing.  Keep doing that drill until you know what that position feels like, then work on getting to that same position from address position.  

I think I'm going to spend a while on that one, I just rewatched that one after you mentioned it and it seems like a good one. I appreciate it!

1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

I am going to give you a little different perspective about the wrist set.  I am sure that there are lots of approaches and thoughts, but Mark Crossfield made a video the resonated with me and helped stop me from trying to cock the wrists too much.  I think it is a great visual on setting the wrists.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Hit the range for a bit after work today. Needed to get outside after being stuck in the lab all day. Seeing a pretty consistent issue of being too steep in my swing so trying to work on that a little bit at a time. 

Driver: PXG 0811XF Gen 4 w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 6- 
3 Wood: PXG 0341XF Gen 4 w/ Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 70g
Hybrids: 19 and 22 degree PXG 0317XF Gen 4 w/ Project X Evenflow Riptide 80g
Irons: 5-PW PXG 0311P Gen 4 w/ KBS Tour 120
Wedges: Indi 50 FLX, 54 FLX, 58 ATK w/ KBS Wedge 610 (Official Review)
Putter: Battle Ready Blackjack, 36.5”, Double Bend neck

Spornia SPG-7 hitting net review
2023 Titleist White Box ProV1 review

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

I am going to give you a little different perspective about the wrist set.  I am sure that there are lots of approaches and thoughts, but Mark Crossfield made a video the resonated with me and helped stop me from trying to cock the wrists too much.  I think it is a great visual on setting the wrists.  

He's doing to what Monte refers to as the Cast A position after the left arm parallel and club 90º, and from there start the downswing.  So it's about the same thing with different sequencing.

Range at my buddies country club played closed to the pin lost $8… sliced every driver shot .. my irons were on looking good so that’s always a plus .. 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

On 7/21/2021 at 4:35 PM, Tom the Golf Nut said:

My challenge........ Can I get below a 1.0 this season.

Take the decimal point out and that's my challenge 😉 

:cobra-small: RADSpeed 9° Matrix Black Tie X-Flex 🐺 

:cobra-small: F9 3/4 Wood Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 

:mizuno-small:CLK 19° Hybrid Speeder Evo HB S 

:mizuno-small: MP54 4-PW Nippon Modus³ Tour 115 X

:titleist-small: SM8 50° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 54° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 58° K-Grind 

DStar 'Malvern' Putter 

:titelist-small: AVX & -ProV1X

:footjoy-small: Tour-X 

"Hey mister, your clubs are the wrong way round"..

What's this Monte stuff, Cast A etc? Sounds like it could be beneficial to me to try...

:cobra-small: RADSpeed 9° Matrix Black Tie X-Flex 🐺 

:cobra-small: F9 3/4 Wood Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 

:mizuno-small:CLK 19° Hybrid Speeder Evo HB S 

:mizuno-small: MP54 4-PW Nippon Modus³ Tour 115 X

:titleist-small: SM8 50° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 54° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 58° K-Grind 

DStar 'Malvern' Putter 

:titelist-small: AVX & -ProV1X

:footjoy-small: Tour-X 

"Hey mister, your clubs are the wrong way round"..

12 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

The wrists don’t need as much set as people think. The first drill in the ntc videos is all the wrist set that’s needed and really shouldn’t increase much from there. Practice just that part of needed. 

11 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Yup

5 hours ago, DStar said:

What's this Monte stuff, Cast A etc? Sounds like it could be beneficial to me to try...

It’s the movement of the wrist in the transition downswing. Lead wrist bows, right arm extends and wrists uncock

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

6 hours ago, DStar said:

Monte Scheinblum; he is an instructor that has developed some videos to help the average golfer.  Use the bounce is his big short game video.  The No Turn Cast Drill is his big full swing instruction.   You can find the early videos of the drill by searching for “Monte no turn cast”.   He has a new version; which is what very one is discussing and is it very inexpensive.  https://video.rebelliongolf.com/programs/noturncast?utm_medium=social&utm_source=linktree&utm_campaign=no turn cast! - the definitive move for your swing!

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Gorgeous morning with no humidity and a crummy weekend ahead so I stopped at the local driving range/mini golf/batting cages complex at the last minute to hit some balls before work. On the good side, they have a large grass section. On the bad side, I once again should have recognized that when I'm pressed for time I don't really have the best ball striking day. Irons and wedges were good but driver wasn't close to being what it was my last few times out. Still a work in progress, but the whole time I was there I kept thinking "ok I have X more minutes before I need to leave so I can get to the office" and mindset matters.

Worked on the range and the practice green collecting numbers for my Evnroll Er5v testing, and I wish the range had went as well as the putting lol Really struggled with shifting my weight and kept hitting it fat. Might be time for another lesson, but hopefully the rain holds off so I can get back out this evening before my Saturday morning round. 

:taylormade-small: STEALTH 2+ 10.5* FUJIKURA VENTUS TR BLACK 6X

:srixon-small: ZX MKII 3W 15* Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX U.S.A. 8TX

:taylormade-small: Stealth+ 19 Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 1K 85TX

:srixon-small: ZX7 4-PW KBS $Taper 130 BLACK PVD

:cleveland-small: RTX 6 Zipcore 50/54.10 Full Project X 6.0

:ping-small: GLIDE 4.0 60.10S DYNAMIC GOLD TOUR ISSUE S400

:EVNROLL: ER2v MIDLOCK 40”

:maxfli: TOUR X

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope 

:SuperSpeed:

Third range session with the new focus I touched on a few days ago (keeping back to target longer). Found today that a better feel for me might be to keep my lead shoulder "in" longer. Accomplishes the same thing but gives me an "opposing force" to me wanting my shoulders to open on the downswing. I found when I focused on keeping my back to the target my shoulders still would overtake the downswing.

Hit some very, very good shots with that focus and also making sure I get a good hip and shoulder turn on the backswing.

I have three scrambles scheduled in the next 10 days so I'm going to do my best not to let those wreck my progress, hahaha. 

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver