Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

I have out arccos to good use. I changed driver shafts because I was becoming erratic and went with the nippon regio although  the rogue white had been performing for me. Used the nippon for a few rounds and noticed about a 10 yard difference. Changed the shafts back to the rogue white and have been working on timing and swing tempo with the rogue white. Had a great range session last night where I was able to put consecutive shots together with location and trajectory. I will say typically I have a hard time with my driver on the range because of tempo being inconsistent, but I do think I’ve corrected that issue and have built good movement patterns together. Then I finished up with putting on the practice green working on speed

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

Something clicked for me today. Shallowing and staying on plane and proper rotation comes down to the right arm staying below the club. While doing NTC I combined it with a feel I heard from another video on right elbow to bellybutton on the downswing. Mind is blown. Swing felt effortless. Need to try it on the range with balls and ingrain that with the wrist feel

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

Hit some balls, but it was more about staying loose than any major work.  

Did spend a good deal of time at the chipping/pitching area to really work on landing spots and being consistent with my low, medium and high shots.  Felt good about it as long as I took my time and really keyed in on visualizing what I wanted the ball to do.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

Practicing getting rid of the excess slide and hip spin that i have at the beginning of the downswing. That move always gets me in trouble. To do this, I feel like my left leg is a post through the downswing to impact. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

I’m going into a Rabbit hole with my golf swing. When I’m on the course I just try to hit it straight and what ever curve I get I will play with and don’t really Imagine a curve in the air.  Notice that more when I “aim at the ball” and less when I just aim at a spot just in front of the ball   I find it more confident to aligned by body to the spot in front of the ball rather than ball itself 

i going with the old flight laws and initial flight of the ball dictated bu my swing path and where the ball ends up is more dictated by the  clubface. I knwo it more complicated than that by I been going mad with pull hooks with with my clubface and swing path closing too much at the same direction

For the short game , it just the opposite , I feel more confident by manipulating the clubface for direction and minimizating the path . 

Edited by Haro

On 7/6/2021 at 8:20 AM, Tiftaaft said:

So - what do you all work on when doing your net work?

For me (average bogey recreational golfer) it's all about contact. Easy to tell on a mat when you're hitting it heavy / fat vs crisp/solid.

And mostly wedges - I like to mix it up and simulate low runners, high pitches, soft short chips, etc etc with different wedges .. over time this has helped develop a feel I can use on the course. No .. into a net don't you know the real distances .. but it is good practice!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

15 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

For me (average bogey recreational golfer) it's all about contact. Ready to tell on a mat when you're hitting it heavy / fat vs crisp/solid.

And mostly wedges - I like to mix it up and simulate low runners, high pitches, soft short chips, etc etc with different wedges .. over time this has helped develop a feel I can use on the course. No .. into a don't you know the distances .. but it is good practice!

100%. Strike is king when I do net work. I like to spray the club face with Dr Scholl's and see where I'm striking the ball and also to see if I can manipulate strike location. I'll also bring out the Divot Board and can see quality of ground contact, too. 

Hit the range tonight, trying to sort out some contact issues I've had lately. And I think...we're back baby!

Really promising swings, and got back to some basics with tempo and making sure I don't over swing. Sometimes I make things too complicated!

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

A lot of lowlights tonight for league play. It was do or die as I dropped out of the top bracket because of vacation last week (I thought I was safely in but double points all but bumped me out). Poor wood play tonight pretty much sealed my fate. I guess there's always the consolation bracket.  The only hightlights were the Titleist T200s! I hit some great approaches in both short and long irons. I'm loving hitting the 4 iron!  More details in the Titleist T- irons thread later this week!

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Had a great range session this morning, after legitimately having to motivate myself to grab a couple clubs and go (been stupid hot and muggy in SC) ... glad I went. I do believe that some days, we just wake up on the right side of the bed and everything just seems to come together easily out on the golf course. That was me today. 

No skulled or shanked shots, and think it all came down to having a great tempo the entire time out there. 

I’d be remised if I didn’t mention that I was sweating profusely and had to cut my session short with about 2 dozen balls remaining in my large bucket purchase.

I have the MCC grips, but the amount of sweat my hands generate, I’m seriously considering switching to Winn Grips. Got them done on my 54* and 58* wedges earlier in the year as an experiment and I’ve grown to like them. Only complaint is that I’m not a big fan of how they transition from the grip to the shaft ... to blunt and stubby, whereas the MCCs flow nicely and seamlessly to the shaft. 

A good session nonetheless!

Driver: :ping-small: G410 SFT 10.5*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: image.png.ec9b0a77ef708074b5547162186659f4.png  Forged Tec One Length (5i-GW)

Wedges: image.png.3c33ed301e51199de9e62f474f52b6e0.png T22 55* & 59*

Putter: image.png.f53011d6b358811f2c4cdcc166aeeffa.png  002 Mid-Mallet

Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft LS & :Snell: Prime-X

image.png

Had some free time this morning so I decided to head over to the range and do some putting and maybe some wedge work depending on how my freshly injured finger felt -- on Sunday I nearly separated my finger tip on my left middle finger with some sheet metal.  Not at the joint but from the center of my fingerprint to the front of the nail on the top.  I'm not planning on full swinging for a while but some practice partial swings felt pretty okay and not at all like I'd re-injure myself with my new middle finger out overlap grip.  

Today putting I didn't do my normal gate drill from 3',6',9'.  I've been doing it a lot lately and wanted to find a variation that accomplishes similar practice but feels a little less grindy.  This drill may already exist in some form but I kind of invented it for myself  on the fly today. I started out with 20 balls scattered within 3-4' of the hole on one side and decided to see how long I could keep putting with only the balls I made with one putt.  The first group I made 19/20.  Then I moved out to 5-6' on another side made 14/19.  Moved to another side at 7-9' made 6/14.  Moved to 10-12 ' and made 2/6.  With the final two I went to 15' missed the first one and drilled the second one.  Then I missed the last one from 20'. 

It ended up being a very enjoyable drill that made putts feel like they mattered rather than just building muscle memory knocking them through a gate.  Definitely something I'm going to work in in the future thought I think it might actually work better backwards for pressure purposes.  Even starting at 15' and seeing if you can make enough putts to get yourself down to the 3' range I think would be challenging.  Especially when you get to that iffy range of 5-8'.  I'll try that next time.

With wedges I was very pleasantly surprised that my finger tip doesn't really affect my grip.  Still not going to full swing with it but it turns out that the injured portion of the finger doesn't have to be fully involved in my grip on partial swings.  So big F' yeah to that.  Onto the practice.  I spent a lot of time today playing with the ball location in my stance and the type of turf interaction I use to see what the ball would do using a quarter swing with 48,52,56,60.  I'm kind of working on building a stock quarter swing chip shot that I'm really comfortable with modulating the distance and ball flight with using various factors.  It seem like its really coming along particularly using the 48 from 50 yards and taking a big divot.  Seems to get a ton of spin on a good controllable trajectory that bites hard on landing.  It'll be fun to try when I finally get to play again.

PXL_20210826_163426191.jpg

Driver

311062546_PXG_LogoSmall.jpg.1ff58b767d1fb1cdfeac9a387718766e.jpg  0311 Gen 5 -- Tensei CK Orange 60

Woods

PXG_Logo Small.jpg 0341 3W -- Tensei AV Raw Blue

Hybrids

image.png.374545efa45a29aed00287677e783604.png  0317X 2&4 -- Tensei AV Raw Blue 

Irons 

:srixon-small: ZX7 4/AW -- C-Taper Lite 110

Wedges

:mizuno-small:  T7 55º @55/7  -- TT DG Spinner

Putter

Test.png DF2.1 or Link.1 -- Accra

Ball

:srixon-small:  Zstar Diamond

First range session of the year is in the books. I adore practice but a cross-country move, crazy work projects and going from a 5 min course commute to ~40 min, has seriously inhibited my typical game management routine (and practice thread posting frequency).

A glutton for punishment, I decided 100 5-iron swings would be a good way to jump back into the grind. It was a rough start but after a couple setup adjustments I was back to thumping some nice push draws.

By the end I was absolutely covered in dirt, nursing very sore elbows and not totally displeased with the overall action. Range turf was a fluff fest but after carving up a kitchen towel sized patch of grass, hitting pellets off bare earth offered much better feedback. Am I the only person who employs that furry range haircut procedure?

Notes for the day: my takeaway is trash, need to stretch more, beating balls into the fan sucks and Fall weather can’t get here soon enough.

PS - the Ben Hogan ICONs are still buttery AF but it’s probably time to lace them up with Matrix Program graphite.

PXG___0811 X 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana s60 Limited X
Cobra___S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
Adams___XTD Forged 3i - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
Adams___CMB 4-PW - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
KZG___Tri-Tour 50.08__54.10__58.12 - Accra iCWT 2.0-95i S
Nike___Method Converge B1-01 (copper insert)
Maxfli___'23 Tour X
"The most important shot in golf is the next one“

Need to improve my 80 yard pitch shot 

went to YouTube and tips makes sense to me are to narrow my stance and swing quarter   I don’t need to swish through the ball.  I don’t need a LW or even SW.   A GW PW or even 9iron with short swing works well. I don’t need to land at pin distance 

I go lower and have a ball release forward and check. I prefer hands forward with slight forward press with open alignment 

I used to play like this when I first picked up the game and it works    I just find the LW and SW goes to high in the air and I cannot be as accurate 

Also hands only need to go about waist height and can regulate distance by how far my hands go   
when I tried to go full LW it was poor distance control

Edited by Haro

3 hours ago, bens197 said:

Pitches.  

It was affectionately known as the Dustin Johnson drill, where you take one club and go from 15-30-50 yards up and down with the same club.  The distances can vary but the goal is cementing a certain level of feel while improving rhythm and timing.

I love doing this because not only does it feel good sticking a nice low spinner but the timing helps pay dividends on full swings.

Rhythm and Feel.  Should be the name of a golf band.  

I can’t believe I’ve never done this.  I’m a pick a single target to work on this part of the game.  Thanks for the idea.

23 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Rhythm and Feel.  Should be the name of a golf band.  

I can’t believe I’ve never done this.  I’m a pick a single target to work on this part of the game.  Thanks for the idea.

It's my hard reset...put it to good use!

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Had an amazing practice today! My grip and swing are feeling so much better. I was hitting every club straighter, higher and longer, minus my 4 iron. I also had an empty chipping and bunker area, and I was able to work on some different shots that plagued me last round. I have a lesson tomorrow and a round Sunday, I’m trying to practice more than I play for now. My handicap has gone up 3 this year as I’ve been working on my swing. My goal is to get a round in the 70s before the end of year, and this is the best I’ve felt so far. 

:taylormade-small: STEALTH 2+ 10.5* FUJIKURA VENTUS TR BLACK 6X

:srixon-small: ZX MKII 3W 15* Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX U.S.A. 8TX

:taylormade-small: Stealth+ 19 Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 1K 85TX

:srixon-small: ZX7 4-PW KBS $Taper 130 BLACK PVD

:cleveland-small: RTX 6 Zipcore 50/54.10 Full Project X 6.0

:ping-small: GLIDE 4.0 60.10S DYNAMIC GOLD TOUR ISSUE S400

:EVNROLL: ER2v MIDLOCK 40”

:maxfli: TOUR X

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope 

:SuperSpeed:

Got back to practicing wedges in the backyard... 45 and 65 yards.  About 80 shots and a whole lotta sweat in the humidity but I was able to flight them lower.  I had been a little frustrated with the ball sliding up the face on most of my shots under 100 yards when i got the chance to play.  My schedule has opened up a little so I should get a bit more playing time now.  

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Well, today was a first for me - I had to yell FORE while on the driving range 😲

Swung by the muni to work on driver after it failed me last week on the course, there was a Monday tourney getting ready to tee off at 9 so most of the range was in use. No problem, I just went down to the left hand side, which abuts the 3rd hole. 

Note: There is NO netting on either side of this range. The newer management company took down the old nasty shredded one last season and has not replaced it, possibly due to the range needing to be relocated due to some upcoming construction.

So I go hit some wedges, all good. Hit my irons, all good. Pull the driver, intent on just working on a consistent fade which is my natural shot. When I try and force a draw, bad things happen. I hit some great shots, some not so great, then I got into a nice rhythm. 

Then I hit a pull to end all pulls. You know the one. That shot where you catch it so flush and it takes off like a rocket... just to the left.

Right out of the range onto the 3rd fairway.

Right at two carts who had come over the hill and stopped by the range.

SO YEAH... I yelled FORE! and had all the tourney players looking weirdly at me. Didn't care. Thankfully the ball landed well to the left of them, because I am not sure they heard me, or if they did, if they were even paying attention. 

I went back to wedges for the rest of the bucket.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Got out for a couple buckets to work on stuff from my lesson Saturday. Man, when I get things right, it's awesome. Still a ways to go on the consistency, but I pured a handful of irons and drivers with the new feels. Had to scale back the drivers as there was a slight breeze behind me and I put a couple over the fence. 

With irons, my goal is to get my downswing path more left. Right now it feels like I'm trying to hit a massive cut but with a closed clubface.

On the flip side, with my driver i'm needing to get more flat and swing more out to right. I found that I really need to stretch my arms out at setup or else I tend to pull back left and hit hooks. Feeling like I'm fully extending my arms got me hitting some awesome shots.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

12 hours ago, edingc said:

Got out for a couple buckets to work on stuff from my lesson Saturday. Man, when I get things right, it's awesome. Still a ways to go on the consistency, but I pured a handful of irons and drivers with the new feels. Had to scale back the drivers as there was a slight breeze behind me and I put a couple over the fence. 

With irons, my goal is to get my downswing path more left. Right now it feels like I'm trying to hit a massive cut but with a closed clubface.

On the flip side, with my driver i'm needing to get more flat and swing more out to right. I found that I really need to stretch my arms out at setup or else I tend to pull back left and hit hooks. Feeling like I'm fully extending my arms got me hitting some awesome shots.

Nice Cody! I’m sure it’s been mentioned before, but are you still playing the Cobras from last season? Any clubs eventually get switched out? 

Driver: :ping-small: G410 SFT 10.5*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: image.png.ec9b0a77ef708074b5547162186659f4.png  Forged Tec One Length (5i-GW)

Wedges: image.png.3c33ed301e51199de9e62f474f52b6e0.png T22 55* & 59*

Putter: image.png.f53011d6b358811f2c4cdcc166aeeffa.png  002 Mid-Mallet

Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft LS & :Snell: Prime-X

image.png

Took the T300s to the range to get some work in, wasn’t really working on anything just getting used to the clubs. At the end of the bucket I pulled out the drive and was really hitting it well

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

Most of the local facilities have closed due to costs or covid, so I have been trying to practice in my backyard as much as I can.

I bought a dozen BirdieBalls so I could practice full swings without too much effect from the wind (like on a whiffle ball)

I hit off of a synlawn turf patch, so contact is somewhat realistic.

I have been slapping draws consistently after a grip change. This is completely new to me, my typical iron shot is dead straight with my miss being a big pull. With a hybrid, wood, or driver my miss is a 70 yard power slice.

I really need to get to a range and see if I can draw a real ball... I am afraid I am putting too much confidence in these BirdieBalls...

Tiger is the GOAT, change my mind.

Went to the range on lunch today to do some Rapsodo testing.

The Motore X F3 also put the final nail in the coffin of the Ventus Blue.

0B5CDC7A-5B1B-4233-BCF9-7148F9CA97CA.jpeg.d88e60cfe33ecab16faffa37919f1564.jpeg

Those were my final 5 balls, all in “Smash Mode” with the Motore X, all pretty centered.  

Looking back it really wasn’t a competition at all.  The Motore X snuck it’s way into the bag first and never let go of the spot.  Its such a good feeling combo.  I’m looking forward to getting another round in soon so I can have more Arccos data to compare at the end of the season.  

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

9 hours ago, B.Boston said:

Went to the range on lunch today to do some Rapsodo testing.

The Motore X F3 also put the final nail in the coffin of the Ventus Blue.

0B5CDC7A-5B1B-4233-BCF9-7148F9CA97CA.jpeg.d88e60cfe33ecab16faffa37919f1564.jpeg

Those were my final 5 balls, all in “Smash Mode” with the Motore X, all pretty centered.  

Looking back it really wasn’t a competition at all.  The Motore X snuck it’s way into the bag first and never let go of the spot.  Its such a good feeling combo.  I’m looking forward to getting another round in soon so I can have more Arccos data to compare at the end of the season.  

Hopefully the Ventus is not feeling too bad about itself this morning.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

Got out to the range yesterday focusing on getting my irons draw under control. I have been left going left lately. Figured out I needed to go be a bit more upright and getting the take away a bit more vertical as well and less flat which lead to some towering shots straight where I was aiming with a slight draw. Also hit some drives with the Max LS and it performed great even into a head wind today.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3