TESTERS WANTED! ×

What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

Working on my putting.  Probably overthinking my putting these days. Using metronome for short putts.  Feel comfortable at 84 beats per minute. After a while I would count in my head. 
Read the putt

take 2 practice strokes 
count

1 backstroke 

2 forward stroke 

3 keep head still

4 swivel my head to see the ball go into the cup 

Edited by Haro

Did my last day of practice/driver testing before I shut it down for a month to let the shoulder heal... been battling a torn labrum in the right shoulder.  Anyways, worked on standing closer to the ball (noticed in a MLM video I was starting to reach at address).  So I basically stand uncomfortablly close (Furyk close) to make sure I'm rotating my lower half to clear my body through the ball and come inside to the ball.  I was able to get a really good feel with my irons and had some good drives with the Sub 70 and SIM 2.  Very happy with the swing right now... just wish I could get out a play a few times to capitalize on it!

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

Srixon ZX 3w Ventus Velocore Blue 7s

Ping G425 5w X-Stiff Ping Tour 70 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

Srixon ZX& 7-PW  Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 50* 54* 58* TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Spinner

See the source image Phantom X5 Putter

Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond <>

On 11/10/2021 at 7:35 AM, Haro said:

Working on concepts from Zen putting (Dr Parent). For short putts thinking about rolling the ball down a wide path to the hole rather than specific line.  Practicing putting with ball on  a yardstick seems help me see a path   Not going to use a line on the ball.  Though what does help me in the past was having the line on the ball perpendicular to the start line.  In other words the line on the ball looked straight up and down when I looked at it side on at address and lines up with the putter face   This gives me a ball path rather than a specific line 
another concept is “holding the finish”. I feel I can hold my aim when I do this  Feeling the trail arm armpit muscles tighten for short putts at the end of my stroke. 

I like the sound of the perpendicular line. I’m going to try that next time I get to the practice green!

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

Srixon ZX 3w Ventus Velocore Blue 7s

Ping G425 5w X-Stiff Ping Tour 70 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

Srixon ZX& 7-PW  Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 50* 54* 58* TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Spinner

See the source image Phantom X5 Putter

Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond <>

11 hours ago, twyatt700 said:

I like the sound of the perpendicular line. I’m going to try that next time I get to the practice green!

I used this concept many many years ago when I started playing golf.  It did help me back then.  I totally forgot about it 

let me know how it works for you 

On 11/3/2021 at 9:26 PM, Padreruf said:

Working with a ½ to ¾ swing length, swinging in rhythm and not forcing anything.  Gap wedge was about 10 yards shorter than before, but I anticipated that.  Just glad to hit and not feel pain...any suggestions out there as to how I should progress

Sounds to me like you're doing the right thing -- just don't get ahead of yourself and keep going slooooww....

Also sounds like you're doing the right thing with the daily stretch and strengthen routine! There are lots of online golf-specific fitness resources .. a few have been mentioned elsewhere on the forums.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

On 11/8/2021 at 1:54 AM, Syks7 said:

Been working on the wedges some more.  I finally decided to cut bait on the blade style for everything except the TM 58 Hi Toe that I found and purchased a CBX2 54

Interesting I'm currently leaning the opposite way after gaming a CBX2 54 this season... Really like my CBX (ver 1) 60 but on my 54 I think I'm preferring the feel of a blade style wedge... As always: work in progress!

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

Was working on some armlock putts indoor the last few days and noticed that I am pulling my putts, but almost like a hook in that they appear to start out straight towards the hole but then end up left of hole. This occasionally happens with a standard putter as well.

What I realized is that although the putter face was aligned toward the target, my shoulders were pointed towards the hole rather than parallel to the target. Sort of like how some people line up to hit a draw with a wood/iron. I used the shaft of my armlock to first set my shoulders parallel to the hole and then setup and now im hitting my putts straight.

I also tend to have this same type of unintended shoulder alignment on full swings as well, it has been called out to me by a teaching pro before. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

8 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

I also tend to have this same type of unintended shoulder alignment on full swings as well, it has been called out to me by a teaching pro before. 

I have a tendency to setup with my shoulders opened up a bit .. and yeah any small mis-alignment can lead to big swing problems... As always: a work in progress!

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

11 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Interesting I'm currently leaning the opposite way after gaming a CBX2 54 this season... Really like my CBX (ver 1) 60 but on my 54 I think I'm preferring the feel of a blade style wedge... As always: work in progress!

I totally understand that, it was either that or another TM Hi Toe, and I decided to err on the side of a comfortable full swing.  Interestingly enough I'm getting better distance out of the CBX54 than I was out of the blade 52 that I had.  It's a lot more forgiving and so far with a very small sample size it's been pretty lights out with a less than 50% touch swing and out of the sand too.  

Driver

311062546_PXG_LogoSmall.jpg.1ff58b767d1fb1cdfeac9a387718766e.jpg  0811XT -- Tensei CK Orange 60

Woods

PXG_Logo Small.jpg 0211 3W -- Tensei AV Raw Blue

Hybrids

image.png.374545efa45a29aed00287677e783604.png  0317X 2&4 -- Tensei AV Raw Blue 

Irons 

:srixon-small: ZX7 4/AW -- C-Taper Lite 110

Wedges

:cleveland-small:  RTX Zipcore 56 Mid @55° -- TT DG Spinner

Putter

Test.png DF2.1 or Link.1 -- Accra

Ball

:srixon-small:  Zstar Diamond

Played two limited short game only practice 9 hole rounds recently .. ie. just one wedge and a putter .. chip/pitch onto the green when within like 40-50 yards.

I'd strained my right-side middle back over the summer and also think I may have torn an intra-? inter-? -costal muscle across the ribs on the right side .. so was trying to lay off of full swings .. so no practice and very little playing time...

First of those practice rounds thought I was feeling better but first 3/4 speed full-ish swing re-injured everything (yeah i know i was being a stubborn stoopit guy), so yesterday's practice round .. on probably our last mild nice day for a while .. just really took it easy.

3-putted three times in a row on the first three hole so man does that need more work!!!

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

8 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

I have a tendency to setup with my shoulders opened up a bit .. and yeah any small mis-alignment can lead to big swing problems... As always: a work in progress!

For sure. For me, when my shoulders are actually aligned parallel to the target, if im not focused, then I start pointing the clubface left of the target, and then start hitting pulls in relation to the target. It's interesting how everyone has different spatial perception.

I'm sure there are others reading this thread asking, "how do you guys not know where you are aligned". When your spatial perception is different than reality, it is hard. For example, I can use alignment sticks and my feet aligned parallel to the target, my hips aligned parallel, but my shoulders closed because i perceive my shoulders to be aligned properly. So its not necessarily as easy of a change as just line up with alignment sticks or something like that. 

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

12 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

For sure. For me, when my shoulders are actually aligned parallel to the target, if im not focused, then I start pointing the clubface left of the target, and then start hitting pulls in relation to the target. It's interesting how everyone has different spatial perception.

I'm sure there are others reading this thread asking, "how do you guys not know where you are aligned". When your spatial perception is different than reality, it is hard. For example, I can use alignment sticks and my feet aligned parallel to the target, my hips aligned parallel, but my shoulders closed because i perceive my shoulders to be aligned properly. So its not necessarily as easy of a change as just line up with alignment sticks or something like that. 

Some great stuff on the arm lock. Was interesting in Byrons 3D printed iron video he talked about how rolls his shoulder over toward his chest and then his hand as far to the left as it can go as this locks in the lead had and it can't open. It was really interesting.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

... I was hitting some putts at the PGA Show and Mike Johnson of Peritti putters commented on how I rock my shoulders and have such a smooth putting stroke. I told him I putt with my hands not my shoulders and he laughed and said "this is what I do 24/7 and 365 days a year. Trust me, you putt with your shoulders". 

... This is the preverbal Chicken or Egg riddle and I feel like my hands rock my shoulders not the other way around. I should know since I am the one putting but as a teacher watching many students, I know what we think we are doing may be different than what we are actually doing. So maybe Mike is right and I do putt with my shoulders but it sure doesn't feel like it. In the end it is irrelevant because I am happy with my putting stroke and get complimented on it all the time, basically because I have great speed control and it is very smooth looking and is the cornerstone of my game. 

... The takeaway from this should be do not concentrate on any one aspect of your putting stroke, concentrate on the whole stroke and make your main focus holing your putt. The brain will over come technique every time if you have a positive attitude toward making every putt. Just like the full swing where you should be playing golf on the course not playing golf swing ... concentrate on making putts and not the putting stroke*. 

* of course if you have problems like yips, very poor distance control or a lack of confidence, practicing your putting stroke while concentrating on a technical aspect is a good idea. But once you start playing, even if you are struggling, never think about your stroke, only think about making your putt. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

1 hour ago, ejgaudette said:

Some great stuff on the arm lock. Was interesting in Byrons 3D printed iron video he talked about how rolls his shoulder over toward his chest and then his hand as far to the left as it can go as this locks in the lead had and it can't open. It was really interesting.

Interesting   About the how he positions his lead arm.   I tried the arm lock and my feeling is that it’s more of a lead arm putting control technique

I tend to have a tighter trail arm grip and feel my putting is more consistent with trail arm control.  Maybe that’s why I can’t get the concept of arm lock. 

1 hour ago, ejgaudette said:

32 minutes ago, Haro said:

Interesting   About the how he positions his lead arm.   I tried the arm lock and my feeling is that it’s more of a lead arm putting control technique

I tend to have a tighter trail arm grip and feel my putting is more consistent with trail arm control.  Maybe that’s why I can’t get the concept of arm lock. 

I've only been experimenting with this, in terms of what he does with his lead arm. If you have the right joint flexibility, then it gets really locked in there so that the face can't really open or close much. So then your left or right miss becomes just a path issue. I am all sorts of double jointed, so doing these contortions is not a problem for me. 

Updated 07/15/2022

1 hour ago, edingc said:

Not only is it a what did I practice today, but it's a what did I build today...

IMG_13112021_181912_(1280_x_960_pixel).jpg.ee4e7c5d7b3f5346999cc3eff1a78284.jpg

We got our first snow of the season last night and so that meant today was spent getting the indoor net setup for the FlightScope Mevo+. I ended up building three 2"x3"x8ft lumber "clamps" that went around the rafters in our garage to hang the cage netting. I had to make some small adjustments to how I envisioned it along the way, but all in all it turned out perfectly. It tucks away a bit so that I can still pull my car in the garage.

I broke it in with about 50 7 irons and some wedges. It took all the balls without issue. So excited to have an indoor space to hit that doesn't require a 40 minute drive.

Still struggling with my swing, and thankfully have a lesson scheduled for Thursday. Lots of blocks and fades. I did get at least a couple nice looking wedges in today, though:

Great job building the net, Cody! I'm glad you have somewhere to get some practice in where you don't have to make a long drive (No pun intended). I look forward to hearing about your progress throughout the off season. 

Been working on armlock putting indoors every day. After many minor adjustments to setup, finally have the setup portion dialed in. Very Bryson in nature, very upright. Its working well indoors, need to take it outdoors to practice distance control. 

Updated 07/15/2022

Got a small bucket range sesh in at the local Muni last night during our daughter’s soccer practice. I’m currently about 2.5 weeks into Level 1 of the SuperSpeed system (thanks to @edingc for getting me his homemade training set) … and man, my contact and ball flight with my irons were noticeably firmer and farther. 

Went GW, 9i, 7i, 4h and finished off with the 3W … the 7i was easily clearing their 158 yardage flag through the air, whereas previous sessions with the 7i would land just at or short of the flag. Def a confidence booster for sure and happy to see how the SuperSpeed will benefit my iron game as I go through the training program. 

And I’ll add, evening range sessions are the absolute best. It’s easy to see your ball, and IMO, the ball flight just looks much more polished at night than it does out under the sun. 😆 

Driver: :ping-small: G410 SFT 10.5*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: image.png.ec9b0a77ef708074b5547162186659f4.png  Forged Tec One Length (5i-GW)

Wedges: image.png.3c33ed301e51199de9e62f474f52b6e0.png T22 55* & 59*

Putter: image.png.f53011d6b358811f2c4cdcc166aeeffa.png  002 Mid-Mallet

Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft LS & :Snell: Prime-X

image.png

On 11/13/2021 at 6:32 PM, edingc said:

Not only is it a what did I practice today, but it's a what did I build today...

We got our first snow of the season last night and so that meant today was spent getting the indoor net setup for the FlightScope Mevo+. I ended up building three 2"x3"x8ft lumber "clamps" that went around the rafters in our garage to hang the cage netting. I had to make some small adjustments to how I envisioned it along the way, but all in all it turned out perfectly. It tucks away a bit so that I can still pull my car in the garage.

I broke it in with about 50 7 irons and some wedges. It took all the balls without issue. So excited to have an indoor space to hit that doesn't require a 40 minute drive.

Still struggling with my swing, and thankfully have a lesson scheduled for Thursday. Lots of blocks and fades. I did get at least a couple nice looking wedges in today, though:

Nice setup, Cody! 👌🏼 For me, I’ve never been comfortable hitting indoors into a net … it’s an annoying mental block that I just cannot seem to get past. And it’s especially more pronounced with the driver, my swing speed will be anywhere from 7 to 10mph slower when hitting indoors. 

Driver: :ping-small: G410 SFT 10.5*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: image.png.ec9b0a77ef708074b5547162186659f4.png  Forged Tec One Length (5i-GW)

Wedges: image.png.3c33ed301e51199de9e62f474f52b6e0.png T22 55* & 59*

Putter: image.png.f53011d6b358811f2c4cdcc166aeeffa.png  002 Mid-Mallet

Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft LS & :Snell: Prime-X

image.png

Lost the feeling for a draw last time out   Went to heated driving range

develop confidence when I setup a bit differently What I was doing last time out was fidgeting with my grip too much once I was setup over the ball.  Just fading ball all day 

In practice I Hit entire bucket drawing

Sequencing by alignment my body right of the target taking my grip aiming club slightly right of target and lastly address the ball  and ball position 

The other day. I was sequencing in different order.  Ball position first/then my body alignment and grip last 

Working on armlock again indoors and making some small adjustments to my setup. Think i have finally landed on the right setup that works well for me. Need to get on a Quintic in the next month or two to get the loft and lie angle dialed in. 

Updated 07/15/2022

Keep trying to work on the wrist angles and I'm just not getting it consistently. Every once in awhile I am able to get the lead wrist correct but it's tough. Also trying to get a little more relaxed overall. Thinking so much about my wrist position is causing a lot of tension everywhere and my swing just doesn't flow that way. 

I've got a two week trip for work coming up so I'm debating on trying to get a few rounds of golf in during my free weekend in the middle of it. 

Driver: PXG 0811XF Gen 4 w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 6- 
3 Wood: PXG 0341XF Gen 4 w/ Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 70g
Hybrids: 19 and 22 degree PXG 0317XF Gen 4 w/ Project X Evenflow Riptide 80g
Irons: 5-PW PXG 0311P Gen 4 w/ KBS Tour 120
Wedges: Indi 50 FLX, 54 FLX, 58 ATK w/ KBS Wedge 610 (Official Review)
Putter: Battle Ready Blackjack, 36.5”, Double Bend neck

Spornia SPG-7 hitting net review
2023 Titleist White Box ProV1 review

Perks of having the indoor hitting net setup -- I've had three straight days of about a bucket's worth of balls working on the things from my lesson on Thursday. And, with no charge to hit the balls, I have zero issue with hitting 10-20 balls working on drills before moving into full swing practice.

Today things really started to click after focusing on getting into a better posture at setup. I tend to get too hunched over in my setup with my upper body leaning too far out, shifting pressure into my toes. Today I borrowed something from Gankas and imagined lining up an alignment stick from my armpits, across the top of the knee and down through my ankle. It really helped me stay balanced throughout the swing and got my impact location moving back in from the toe to the middle of the club face.

I have been focusing on 5 iron and 7 iron mostly, trying to get my AoA more shallow with them and also getting the height of my long irons to be better. I tend to move forward in the downswing and hit low, toe-y hooks. I'm finding I really need to have what feels like a lot of secondary axis tilt in my setup with the 5 iron. I was very happy by the end of the lesson to be seeing peak heights in the 30 yard range with the 5 iron.

Near the end of today's session I had five straight 7 irons that were tight baby draws on line with ball speeds around 127-128 MPH. I'll take that any day!

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

Due to weather and outdoor facilities closing around me, I’ve taken my practice to the basement. I need to rebuild my swing. I all too often make contact behind the ball and ground first. I need work on my hands leading into to ball with a more descending strike. I bought a Callaway Chip Stix golf training aid to extend beyond the grip to help with that hands forward feeling. During the coming weeks I’ll also be heading to the indoor golf practice facility.

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:ping-small: G400 Max 10.5° w/Ping Alta CB

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

More putting practice. I notice that one of the fundamentals for me is not to turn my head to quickly on short putts as I missed making those easily. Just trace the ball with my eyes first then after it the leave my field of vision then turn my head to the hole. I generally will not see 3-4 footers -5 footers go in.  But the 5-10 footers I can turn my head to see the ball go in the hole. 
I tried to look a spot either just in front or behind the ball but it feel unnatural to freeze my eyeballs 

longer putts. Over 20 feet I don’t follow this fundamental I just turn my head as I stroke the ball. And I tend to use more my thumbs and arms   my stroke setup is different and I tend to forward press my longer putts. This seems to work for me 

I just have to trust it and neutralize my hands in short putts and avoid peeking to early 

Having the pin in for longer putts helps me as I often would be short of the cup  But something above ground to aim for I have a bit more “hit” on my longer strokes so it helps visually to “hit the pin”  and gives it a chance  I don’t think it makes as much difference for short putts for me 

Edited by Haro

Low today... 34º.  High today... 37º.  Fog.

Stayed home and practiced inside hitting one-handed shots with a 7i.  Using right hand (dominant) is pretty easy; using left hand is not.  To improve my left hand shots I have to focus on bowing my wrist at the top of backswing.  If I don't, it's a shank.  Bow my wrist and the shot is straight.  After two days of this my wrist is sore, which makes bowing difficult.  Got to keep doing this to strengthen it.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

My intent was to play but lets just call it practice. The front nine looked to be a little backed up out on the course so I went off the back. No one in site coming down #9 so I was free to play. I hit the driver well so even though it a long steady up hill of 413 yards I parred it. Hole #2 great drive to a slight dog leg left hole. Leaving me 100 yards. So then I see a group of 4 putting on hole #15. The green is behind the green of #11. There was no one in front of them. I make my par on #11.  Then I play holes 12, 13, 14, and 15. I get on the tee box of 16 and the same foursome was still putting.  For goodness sakes it was a par three of 175 yards. What on earth could take that long. I played over 1300 yards and caught them.

I played hole #16 then went back and played 12, 15, and 16 again (1000 yards total). I was at the tee box on 17 and they were still on 17 green. That is just ridiculous. I waited for them to clear the green and then played 17. I got on the tee at 18 and they were still on their approaches to 18. I think I dozed off waiting.

I finished up on 18 and the same group was over on the tee on #1. They were still teeing off when I finished 18. So I headed home without getting to play the front nine.

So when I went back to play the holes again I tried a Callaway Chrome Soft Pix ball that I found. I played it well off the tee and the approaches. I could not putt at all with it. The pattern messed with me and I three putt all three holes. I even went back to the original putt location and tried again with the same results. It was a visual distraction and I just couldn't get it going on my intended line. On 17 and 18 I went back to the original ball I was playing and had no issues putting. 

At least I learned not to buy any pix balls. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

On 11/13/2021 at 4:32 PM, edingc said:

That stow-away design is a great approach.  Do you plan to add a projector and screen?  I think that is the aspect of the indoor PLM system that intrigues me most... love watching the balls flight path.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)