TESTERS WANTED! ×

What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

6 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

That stow-away design is a great approach.  Do you plan to add a projector and screen?  I think that is the aspect of the indoor PLM system that intrigues me most... love watching the balls flight path.

That may be on my purchase list for next fall. This cage has a target and baffle net that could be replaced by an impact screen for about $250. The projecter would have to go on the ground, which would require a $300 protective case, plus cost of the projector. Probably another $1k investment total, and it would have to be setup and torn down each time. As it is right now, I can go from cars in the garage to fully setup and hitting in about six minutes.

I currently don't have a Apple device to use the included free E6 courses. A co-worker is lending me an unused iPhone so I can try out the sim capabilities soon.

Right now I just have the FS Golf app read distances out loud and then I can check dispersion on the phone screen by walking over. I'm getting pretty good at "feeling" the shot and can guess dispersion and direction pretty accurately already just by feel.

I've been very impressed by the Mevo+ and it's accuracy indoors.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

Was working on my putting and this sound counterintuitive but I feel the shorter the putt and more arc I try to produce in my stroke.  The longer the putt , the straighter back and through or even ugly cut stroke happens on my longer putts.    
The effect is all minimize by a crosshanded technique and the cut stroke is minimized when I forward press.  
I just find that I have better distance control/speed control  for my putts when I arc my short putts and try more straightish hit through on longer putts 

also rehearse swings   What’s the purpose ? I been feeling getting ready to strike the cue body in pool is the same analogy  In billiards it’s to get the “rust out” and hinge freely with my elbows and shoulders    With putting I try to have the putter butt end move with my belly or midsection 

Edited by Haro

Had a really good quick range session yesterday.  I was mostly there to get some swings in with a newly built hybrid but decided to that I should also get some chipping practice in.  It's becoming painfully obvious to me that my dropped strokes with chipping aren't the result of technique anymore.  On the practice green I'm putting probably 60% of chips and pitches inside an area where the outer ones are inside what I would class as my 50% make range.  Maybe half of those 30% of those are inside my definite make range (3 feet or better).    I've even moved to randomly scattering the shag tube around the green on a variety of lies with some in the sand and the same seems to be holding true.  

However, I don't often play well enough to play to these percentages during a round it's clearly mental.  The practice green doesn't matter so I can take each stroke with confidence and without the creeping fear that I'm about to blade the thing to the high side of the green and face a miserable comebacker downhill. 

I think the only way to get over this is for me to play as much as possible.  🙂  That being said, I unfortunately don't have time for two or more 4+ hour rounds a week and the execs are letting 5somes out :(.   I think I have a good solution, one that I discovered last week.   I played the Rancho Park par 3 in between meetings last week (surprisingly for the first time) and got in in a 1200 yards of pitch and putt practice in just over an hour.  I'm kind of embarrased that I hadn't considered these little courses as perfect practice environments for what I'm working on. There's a series of these little par 3's all over LA (pretty much one in every location that I have regular meetings)  and none of them are booked solid like the execs and full size courses.  I can hop on play for an hour and continue with my day.  I'm genuinely excited.  That lights out short game is right around the corner now.  😉

After chipping and pitching I moved to the range. Lately I've only been hitting small buckets.  I focus on a couple small technique things for half of the 40 odd balls -- picking one or two of the following :  building lag, hip turn, partial exaggerated swings to groove my impact, weight transfer, etc. things.  Just slowly trying to sharpen technique without trying to groove things.  I'll spend 10 of the balls working on accuracy and working the ball (I'm not particularly consistent with that yet but it seems to help me when I play if I plan for a shot shape).  Then I'll use the remainder to experiment -- what happens and what kind of distance can I get when I really try to step on different clubs, what happens when I really hood the face, can I accurately predict and control where I want a low hook to go, can I control my impact enough to hit it where I want to on the face (so far -- yes, but mostly no).    I'm finding this low volume practice seems to really work for me.  Mostly because I don't and can't sit there and try and groove a club and I don't have enough balls to reinforce a bad habit by trying to 'fix' something when I'm having an off day. 

In any case to work on my hybrid I did a lot of impact and backswing work with it to kind of get a feel for it and get myself on the plane I wanted with it then swapped out for driver and another iron before returning to it mid-way through the bucket.  The thing is awesome.  I feels like consistent with better control than previous hybrids I've used but the ball still explodes off the face.    It also seem to be able to produce a wide variety of distance with it depending on the swing I use.  It produces an arrow straight 215ish carry with an easy smooth no fuss no muss swing.  I can't seem to put much movement on it beside a light draw or fade ( I think the RBZ 2's were historically very forgiving almost to a fault) but that's a huge positive for me, especially since I built it to find fairways when I'm having an off day.  It also seems to do equally well off the deck.  If I really step on it I can get it to go out to about 230 again with very little movement while a very soft 3/4 swing seems to bring me a very mellow 205 with not a lot of rollout.  I'm really going to enjoy this thing and I may soon be mulling pulling my 4 iron out of the bag in favor of another one of these.  We'll see.

Driver

311062546_PXG_LogoSmall.jpg.1ff58b767d1fb1cdfeac9a387718766e.jpg  0811XT -- Tensei CK Orange 60

Woods

PXG_Logo Small.jpg 0211 3W -- Tensei AV Raw Blue

Hybrids

image.png.374545efa45a29aed00287677e783604.png  0317X 2&4 -- Tensei AV Raw Blue 

Irons 

:srixon-small: ZX7 4/AW -- C-Taper Lite 110

Wedges

:cleveland-small:  RTX Zipcore 56 Mid @55° -- TT DG Spinner

Putter

Test.png DF2.1 or Link.1 -- Accra

Ball

:srixon-small:  Zstar Diamond

Indoors at our local First Tee’s driving range - took the driver and a seven iron.

Once warmed up I played a mini game in my head.  Driver went X yards on a imaginary hole which would leave me Y to the green.  Then I have to use the seven iron to hit the green.

Keeps me from mindlessly hitting balls one after another.  Besides trying to hit the distance, focus on good solid strikes.

I've been putting horribly the last few months but haven't had the motivation to make the time to work on it.  Yesterday a couple family youngsters stopped by for a visit and they headed to the putting green to keep from getting bored.  I joined in and while messing around had the one kid video my stroke with my phone.  I figured out I had my shoulders waaaay open in set up and that had my stroke all messed up trying to keep it aligned with the putting line...an out to in to out stroke path.

Squared up my shoulders which got my stroke more in line with the line of the putt and things got better quickly.  Makes me mad at myself I didn't take a couple videos a couple months ago....would have saved a good bit of frustration.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I have done very little in the way of practicing over the last while, but I'm going to pull out the puttout the next few evenings and see if I can track some putting stats with it. I really enjoyed this training aid even though it is extremely frustrating at times. With cold temperatures officially here it is unlikely that I'll be doing any outdoor practicing from now until spring even though technically courses are open. 

Remember that they only count if the MGS ball logo is oriented correctly in the cup 🙂.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Just now, fixyurdivot said:

Remember that they only count if the MGS ball logo is oriented correctly in the cup 🙂.

If you do recall I was using a Open ball so the jug had to be the proper way!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

If you do recall I was using a Open ball so the jug had to be the proper way!

Oh yea, that's right.  But either one needs to sit correctly... simply putting the ball in the cup is child's play 😉.

image.png.d6c48d9386fb501735008603742e8637.png

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

2 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Oh yea, that's right.  But either one needs to sit correctly... simply putting the ball in the cup is child's play 😉.

image.png.d6c48d9386fb501735008603742e8637.png

Sounds like a challenge was just thrown out.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

2 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Sounds like a challenge was just thrown out.

Should a “Yellow Ball” be used ?

Asking for a Friend……

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Just now, Rickp said:

Should a “Yellow Ball” be used ?

Asking for a Friend……

After the ribbing he gave me for being in the sand a lot and not posting GIR's, I'm staying away from yellow balls. 

On 11/23/2021 at 11:25 PM, toehold57 said:

Indoors at our local First Tee’s driving range - took the driver and a seven iron.

Once warmed up I played a mini game in my head.  Driver went X yards on a imaginary hole which would leave me Y to the green.  Then I have to use the seven iron to hit the green.

Keeps me from mindlessly hitting balls one after another.  Besides trying to hit the distance, focus on good solid strikes.

After warming up on the range-- I basically do the same thing hit balls playing a imaginary golf round on my home course that I know well. When I go to the putting green after getting the feel some I basically putt out my round and chip when I remember I missed a green. Most people belt balls one right after the other on the range and I get some strange looks when they are resting etc. I guess it looks funny I hit a driver and assume I hooked it and have to make a knockdown low cut and then a wedge or hit the driver and go to the bag and pull like say a 6 iron. My practice time is limited now because of the physical restraints so I make the best of it. Before a round I may hit like 10 balls on the range with just a wedge to time myself up and get loose. If I can time my wedge up then I am ok so to speak. One of the reasons I hit whiffle balls in the yard with wedges mostly just keeping loose and timing it up

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

2 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

After the ribbing he gave me for being in the sand a lot and not posting GIR's, I'm staying away from yellow balls. 

Heck last week it was sorta cold starting off in the Shootout--- I was going to switch to the Srixon Soft Feels. Problem was I had taken the white ones out of the car and only had a dozen green ones. Played those or actually the one. Played it for 18 holes. Caught he double hockey sticks from my partners. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

11 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

I was getting a little stir crazy today and thought I'd run by the range and see if it was open. My mid range wedge game cost me in my last round and I felt like practicing it a little bit. 

I happened to get there about an hour before they closed, picked up a large bucket, and got to work. 

I realized my biggest problem was I wasn't accelerating through on the short shots. I started out picking targets and running through all my wedges and hitting to them. 

I moved on to full swing monitoring contact with foot spray and found out I'm hitting fairly consistent, just favoring the toe a bit

PW

20211125_134230-01.jpeg.cba91027ed992f15eb98d1f0ba845d6c.jpeg

7 iron

20211125_135324-01.jpeg.7b440d2b8d89fce281a92a962f155e98.jpeg

I'm still working on feeling like I'm throwing a frisbee with my left arm working on weight shift and when I get it right, I'm seeing improvement in consistency. 

I was even hitting good shots with my 5 wood. I had one where I fell into old swing habits and hit a dud. I hit some drivers after that.

I moved on to simulated holes just to get the feel of switching clubs between shots and had to even pull out a 5 iron punch on the third because I was blocked out by a tree on the third hole. I played four holes this way and felt like I gave myself a good look at two putt bogeys on each one. My goal is to be playing bogey golf come spring and try to give myself an occasional shot at scores in the 80's.

My confidence is starting to come back and it's nice to get out and hit some balls on such a beautiful day.

Not bad consistant contact at all---- As long as it is consistent you can live with it. IMHO as long as you can consistently hit it on one spot on the club you can figure out your distances and flight. About the path of my hits in general. Truthfully if you look at any older clubs I have played for some time I have about the same wear pattern. The key is knowing what is going on, Which I have never considered myself a ball striker but a inventive shot maker and get out of jail artist. I remember one time this old pro was looking at the short irons of my first set of VIPs. He did not know me per say but was a friend of a friend--- He looked at the faces of my short irons and the sole wear. He told me you are a trap cut player and swing outside in. He nailed it--- Yep it does not have to be perfect or textbook to work. 

Edited by BIG STU

G

4 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Not bad consistant contact at all---- As long as it is consistent you can live with it. IMHO as long as you can consistently hit it on one spot on the club you can figure out your distances and flight. About the path of my hits in general. Truthfully if you look at any older clubs I have played for some time I have about the same wear pattern. The key is knowing what is going on, Which I have never considered myself a ball striker but a inventive shot maker and get out of jail artist. I remember one time this old pro was looking at the short irons of my first set of VIPs. He did not know me per say but was a friend of a friend--- He looked at the faces of my short irons and the sole wear. He told me you are a trap cut player and swing outside in. He nailed it--- Yep it does not have to be perfect or textbook to work. 

I can live with the toe hits better than being off the heel, I'd like to eliminate a couple of those suckers that were thin. They send shivers up my spine in the cooler weather, even hitting forgiving irons. My hands were about numb after a couple of them, but I guess working in the auto industry doesn't help with that. 

4 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

I can live with the toe hits better than being off the heel, I'd like to eliminate a couple of those suckers that were thin. They send shivers up my spine in the cooler weather, even hitting forgiving irons. My hands were about numb after a couple of them, but I guess working in the auto industry doesn't help with that. 

LOL I know what you mean on the thin shots one of the reasons I did not play yesterday or today it is cold and a thin shot would really cause me hurt now------ You want to feel sting and vibration?  Thin a old blade 2 iron with a range rock on a cold day. Man talk about sting and vibration. 

G

If I'm still here in April, that's when I next expect to pick up a golf club.

It will still be too cold, but I don't want to be hitting April shots in May or June so I'll force myself.

Louisville Golf Persimmon___2, 4, 5, 7-woods;    Epon AF-906___driving iron;   Titleist T100 5, 6, 7, 8, 9-irons; 

Titleist T100S___48°;     Edison 2.0___53º;     Titleist SM-9 (T)___58º;   Tad Moore Otto Hackbarth___putter;   

Titleist Pro V1x___ball

On 11/21/2021 at 6:27 PM, edingc said:

That may be on my purchase list for next fall. This cage has a target and baffle net that could be replaced by an impact screen for about $250. The projecter would have to go on the ground, which would require a $300 protective case, plus cost of the projector. Probably another $1k investment total, and it would have to be setup and torn down each time. As it is right now, I can go from cars in the garage to fully setup and hitting in about six minutes.

I currently don't have a Apple device to use the included free E6 courses. A co-worker is lending me an unused iPhone so I can try out the sim capabilities soon. I

Right now I just have the FS Golf app read distances out loud and then I can check dispersion on the phone screen by walking over. I'm getting pretty good at "feeling" the shot and can guess dispersion and direction pretty accurately already just by feel.

I've been very impressed by the Mevo+ and it's accuracy indoors.

To get the most out of what you did already. You can use a king size sheet up against the net as the impact screen. Then mount an overhead ultra short throw projector. Thats what I did and it works great. That will save you $550 because you won't need the case and screen. The sheet will just come down or go up with the net. My set up is in the garage as well. I had enough space for just a short throw. 

4 hours ago, edingc said:

Absolutely loving the home hitting setup (and my wife, who has been encouraging of me hitting balls whenever possible).

Feel like I've been making a ton of progress on my swing since my last lesson. I texted the below image to my coach, which was the result of four warm up swings and nothing else:

IMG_26112021_165747_(1280_x_960_pixel).jpg.a158edaccbcdc6b645c025e87f8cc9f4.jpg

After I warmed up, I focused almost exclusively on hitting my 4 hybrid. I've always struggled with the longest clubs in my bag, so focusing on hitting my longer clubs is something I wanted to do now that I've gotten the net setup. The results were pretty good, as I was simultaneously focusing on contact and then also trying to see how fast I could swing on the Mevo+.

My gapping seems to be pretty solid. There's a touch of overlap between my 4 hybrid, 4 utility iron and 5 iron, but that's not such a bad thing.

At the end of my session I started to work on a wedge matrix, but that's going to need a lot of practice this offseason. I have a hard time getting good gapping between the half, 3/4 and full swing wedges. It seems I struggle keeping the same tempo when I change the backswing length, which leads to inconsistent distances. Something to work on!

That’s a pretty good grouping! What’s your home set up like? 

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

Srixon ZX 3w Ventus Velocore Blue 7s

Ping G425 5w X-Stiff Ping Tour 70 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

Srixon ZX& 7-PW  Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 50* 54* 58* TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Spinner

See the source image Phantom X5 Putter

Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond <>

6 hours ago, edingc said:

Absolutely loving the home hitting setup (and my wife, who has been encouraging of me hitting balls whenever possible).

Feel like I've been making a ton of progress on my swing since my last lesson. I texted the below image to my coach, which was the result of four warm up swings and nothing else:

IMG_26112021_165747_(1280_x_960_pixel).jpg.a158edaccbcdc6b645c025e87f8cc9f4.jpg

After I warmed up, I focused almost exclusively on hitting my 4 hybrid. I've always struggled with the longest clubs in my bag, so focusing on hitting my longer clubs is something I wanted to do now that I've gotten the net setup. The results were pretty good, as I was simultaneously focusing on contact and then also trying to see how fast I could swing on the Mevo+.

My gapping seems to be pretty solid. There's a touch of overlap between my 4 hybrid, 4 utility iron and 5 iron, but that's not such a bad thing.

At the end of my session I started to work on a wedge matrix, but that's going to need a lot of practice this offseason. I have a hard time getting good gapping between the half, 3/4 and full swing wedges. It seems I struggle keeping the same tempo when I change the backswing length, which leads to inconsistent distances. Something to work on!

Dang man. Amazing progress!!!

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

I've got an incredibly basic setup in my basement.  Just a clearance Walmart net and a throw rug on the concrete.  So far just messing around with a junk wedge and cut down hybrid I got from Goodwill.

IMG_20211127_230634972.jpg.839c4e0cb6f1bafec551186d51713409.jpgIMG_20211127_230623848.jpg.f54b162e5596eb6df3814fb10416e9d2.jpg

The neat thing about the rug is the built-in alignment aids, lol.  It's given me a number of little epiphany moments; the shaft and club face were more offline than I thought.  Fixing that straightened out my lead arm but threw my shoulders off.  Fixing THAT allowed my posture to set up a little more naturally.  In all, after about 50 cuts I managed to solve all my problems. 😆

While it's hard to get much feedback hitting into the net, I was able to more consistently hit the same spot over time.  Hopefully I can start to groove it over the next week or so and find an available range to see if it translates.

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

@JerryB  Nice simple indoor setup!  I wish I had the ceiling height for that in the basement and didn't need to put my net out in the unheated pole barn. 

Make sure that throw rug is cushioned enough so you aren't damaging wrists & elbows with the concrete underneath.  You might want to consider a layer of the 2'x2' drycore subfloor between the rug & concrete. 

https://www.homedepot.com/p/DRICORE-Subfloor-Membrane-Panel-3-4-in-x-2-ft-x-2-ft-Oriented-Strand-Board-FG10006/202268752#overlay

I put those under my mat and it made a difference for me.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

16 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

@JerryB  Nice simple indoor setup!  I wish I had the ceiling height for that in the basement and didn't need to put my net out in the unheated pole barn. 

Make sure that throw rug is cushioned enough so you aren't damaging wrists & elbows with the concrete underneath.  You might want to consider a layer of the 2'x2' drycore subfloor between the rug & concrete. 

https://www.homedepot.com/p/DRICORE-Subfloor-Membrane-Panel-3-4-in-x-2-ft-x-2-ft-Oriented-Strand-Board-FG10006/202268752#overlay

I put those under my mat and it made a difference for me.

Definitely good advice here. I'm considering doing something similar, or just adding about 1/2" or so of foam padding glued to the bottom of the Flightdeck and under the stance mat to level it. 

Even with graphite shafts in everything I still get some aching joints from the Fiberbuilt off the concrete, even though the Flightdeck is probably the best for joint pain of all of the available mats in that price range ($55 on Amazon).

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

I went out and hit a large bucket at the range today. I'm still working to ingrain the feeling of using my left side to pull the club through, which is what I worked with an instructor to promote better weight shift. I've been calling it my frisbee throw, as that's the best way to relate it to my brain.

I'm starting to see some great results with all my clubs. I like to start out small, working with wedges hitting to various targets with my 52, 56, and 60.

My irons and fairways were good today up until the last bit of the bucket where I got a little tired and sloppy. I had to be home to go grocery shopping, got in a hurry, and got out of my routine.  Early on, the iron strike looked good and I actually hit the center a couple of times.

20211128_140119-01.jpeg.593a2f9d8858f615f309ac6357115133.jpeg

Driver...not so much.

20211128_140450-01.jpeg.51fe410b0c5be00147db4dcd88cf10d5.jpeg

I was hitting it pretty good until the spray went on the club. About mid ways through the bucket I was simulating the first six holes and hit it well. 

@JerryB, I love the indoor setup you have! How do you like the Garmin? 

8 hours ago, edingc said:

Definitely good advice here. I'm considering doing something similar, or just adding about 1/2" or so of foam padding glued to the bottom of the Flightdeck and under the stance mat to level it. 

Even with graphite shafts in everything I still get some aching joints from the Fiberbuilt off the concrete, even though the Flightdeck is probably the best for joint pain of all of the available mats in that price range ($55 on Amazon).

I used those foam rubber puzzle piece looking mats that Lowes and Home Depot sells for workout room floors. Each piece is 1 foot square and about 1/2 " thick. They come in solid gray or multi color. I went with gray as the colored ones look like they should be in a daycare..  Works great. I think they are in a 4 pack for $28.00. You can get thicker if you think you need it as well but 1/2" worked fine for me.