TESTERS WANTED! ×

What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

Spent the better part of two hours hitting little chip shots into a net a couple yards away.  I have a milk crate of junk balls and hit until the crate was empty, using a few different clubs and just trying to get a better feel for things.  

On a side note, I didn't pay much attention last season but it's pretty wild how different all the balls both feel and sound.  

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

Most of the ranges around here open March 1, so I spent some time with the Orange Whip trying to get loose today. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Worked on a better move through the ball on short chips/pitches, trying to achieve a better angle of attack and brushing the grass rather than my usual steeper move.  Awkward, but necessary, change I'm working on.  Seeing some positive results, so far.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

4 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

Most of the ranges around here open March 1, so I spent some time with the Orange Whip trying to get loose today. 

I did the same thing. Orange Whip session in the living room (20 foot celing helps). Then I added some elliptical work, then back to the OW again. Putting up next.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Went to hit balls and play on the sim. Hit the ball well, enjoyed playing all 18 of TPC Scottsdale, and the back 9 of TPC Sawgrass.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

2 hours ago, JerryB said:

On a side note, I didn't pay much attention last season but it's pretty wild how different all the balls both feel and sound.  

It's amazing the difference in the way balls feel and react. You will eventually find a type of ball that just feels good to you. That will also inspire confidence. I am a feel player and prefer a ball in the mid 80's compression. If I find a different brand ball out on the course and want to try it, I'll know right away if I like it or not. 

15 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

It's amazing the difference in the way balls feel and react. You will eventually find a type of ball that just feels good to you. That will also inspire confidence. I am a feel player and prefer a ball in the mid 80's compression. If I find a different brand ball out on the course and want to try it, I'll know right away if I like it or not. 

Some of my balls are decent but a little scuffed, some are obvious water balls... and one is a Macgregor Tourney from 1977, lol.  I have a yellow Wilson Staff Duo that feels and sounds insanely soft.  I like it but have no idea how old it is and if this particular one is still sold.  

I've picked up a few assorted boxes that I've gotten cheaply over the winter.  They likely aren't good per se, but hopefully the consistency will be beneficial.

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Grass today at my range. Only twice a week unfortunately so I took advantage and did a full bucket of all pitch and short game 120 and in. Then a little driver and mid irons and back to short game to finish. It is such good feedback when on grass compared to mats for touch shots. I hope it translates to my rounds this week. 

Driver: :titelist-small: TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X

Fairway: :titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 Ventus Blue 8X 

Hybrid:  :taylormade-small: Sim 2 - 19 Hybrid Tensei Orange 90TX

Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 4-5 P7MC Raw 6-PW MMT 125TX

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM8 50.10F, 54.10S - X100 & 58.04T S400

Putter: Lajosi DD201

:titelist-small: Pro V1X Left Dash

58 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I did the same thing. Orange Whip session in the living room (20 foot celing helps). Then I added some elliptical work, then back to the OW again. Putting up next.

Putting was interesting. I put a new grip on my putter (Super Stroke Flatso 3.0). I have a 10 foot Odyssey putting mat. Drained everything so I needed a bigger challenge. Went back to the living room and putted on the carpet. It rolls to a 9.5 on the stimpmeter (yes I have my own stimpmeter). I set up for 12 foot with one of my daughters hair bows ( the elastic type black 1-3/4" diameter) as the cup. The ball must roll in the hair bow and either stay in or roll out the back by an inch or two. First attempt was 4 of 6, I had to get the green speed dialed in 🤣. On my second attempt I made 6 of 6. It's the little things that make you smile!

I played my first round of the new season on President's day. Irons needed a lot of work (often leaving the club face open sending many right). Driver was off too. Hit the range yesterday with my son to work on fixing things. Irons dramatically improved with respect to squaring the the club face. Also got my fluidity back with the driver. All-in-all a good day at the range.

:Sub70: 849D with Evenflow Riptide (stiff)

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 & 5 woods

:Sub70: 699U 3 (19.5*) 

:Sub70: 939X 4H 

:Sub70:  699 (4-6) / 699 Pro (7-PW) with KBS Tour 120 shafts (stiff)

:Sub70: 286 Wedge (50 degrees)

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 (56 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm)

:maxfli: Tour 

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2023 2.5+ / :nike-small: University of Miami Stand Bag

:BagBoy: Nitron - Forum Test Review

:ShotScope: Pro L2

Garmin S10

Another near hour spent hitting little chips.  This time I used one club and altered my hand position (grip up, grip lower down, etc).  Much more consistency compared to yesterday.  One odd thing was that most of my misses were right of my target whereas yesterday they were mostly left.  Need to figure out why...

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Busting my butt hitting balls and doing a variety of drills to correct years of a bad swing. Diidnt touch a club for a little over 4 months to let my body heal from a wrist injury and fractured ribs. Finally feeling a change but have good sessions and bad sessions. Tonights was good and really for the first time for a bit of control swing out instead of over the top and out. I will say Ive gained distance for sure and I love that. Still got a ways to go but feeling encouraged. 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

using a yardstick on the ground for putting alignment 
After a while I notice outside path to inside path developong and I was making a cut stroke 

replace the yardstick with a homemade Visio putting arc mat and trying to follow more arc path give me a better end over end roll on the ball  

Changing the practice drill to more arc pattern seems to automatically change my grip by extending my  index finger  and spreading it from my middle finger

This slight grip change gives me  a better feel for rolling the putts   

I’m on the mend from back and sciatica issues. I feel so much better and took a drive to the indoor driving range. It was a nice range session. Nice and easy wedges and irons. Felt so good I tried my favorite club. My 3 wood. It felt great.

They also have a great pro shop onsite. I tried a couple of Scotty’s. I was surprised to see a couple of Champions Choice Newports, A My Girl and a Phantom X 9.5 Triple Black. The Triple Black looks great in person. But at $899 it’s out of my price range.

ACE74A4A-880B-4CCC-9DD6-2ACD567FBAA1.jpeg.443de3d20a28ac1b9ec953cc2fcd4512.jpeg

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:ping-small: G400 Max 10.5° w/Ping Alta CB

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

Finally a decent day!  Wanted to hit the course but we had to work and everything is still incredibly soggy, so the lad and I went to a field near our house with a small basket of junk balls.  He'd gotten a new driver and I had a different shaft in mine, so we took them and an extra club and hit away.  

Hitting in a simulator or into a net is good, but to actually see the ball flight was great.  Plus just being outside was a mood boost.

Now the drives were...less than stellar.  I realized that my alignment and stance were both poor, so I spent most of my time trying to rectify all that.  Small steps, but enough to bring the excitement back!

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

3 hours ago, JerryB said:

Finally a decent day!  Wanted to hit the course but we had to work and everything is still incredibly soggy, so the lad and I went to a field near our house with a small basket of junk balls.  He'd gotten a new driver and I had a different shaft in mine, so we took them and an extra club and hit away.  

Hitting in a simulator or into a net is good, but to actually see the ball flight was great.  Plus just being outside was a mood boost.

Now the drives were...less than stellar.  I realized that my alignment and stance were both poor, so I spent most of my time trying to rectify all that.  Small steps, but enough to bring the excitement back!

When I read this, I could only think of Kramer on Seinfeld...

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I've really been struggling with finding that consistent address routine and comfortable setup. Recently purchased the 5star Perfect reaction mat to hit off in my yard. It has been awesome. Feel is great, easy on the hands, and can still feel if I thin or chunk one (saw a difference of about 20yds on my Mevo Flightscope with a fattie). Been trying to swing for an hour and half or so at lunch time each day the past week. Stocked up on a few cans of foot spray and been working through the bag. First focus was honing in on consistent routine to get the right distance from the ball at setup more consistently. With the spray, I was able to play around with setup and see what the effect was on clubface strike location. Initially, I noticed I was hitting really high on the club face...so too steep. Worked on combination of stance width with various clubs in conjunction with tempo and hand path. After a week now I've settled in on a comfortable routine and am finding the center of the club face more often than not. Not perfectly consistent yet, some strikes a little towards heel or little toward toe in center of face, but no more blatant heel or toe strikes! With more consistency, next I'll go back through the bag to re-benchmark carry distances.

Now that I'm getting settled in with my setup and swing finally, I plan in the near future getting a few different sleeves of balls doing my own ball fitting testing to find the best ball for me and compare results with the MGS Ball Test data. 

Playing a round or two next week so we'll see how much this work has paid off so far. Also scheduled a driver fitting since I'm up about 10mph in swing speed. Currently sitting at 17.5 hdcp and goal this year is to get down to around a 13.5 hdcp.   

Bag: Sub 70 Cart Series bag

Driver: Ping G425 LST 9 deg (set to 7.5 deg/"big minus") Mitsubishi C6 Blue Stiff 55g Grip JumboMax Ultralite (=std grip Jumbo size)

3W: Ping G410 14.5 deg (Set to 13.5 deg) Mitsubishi C6 Blue Stiff 65g Grip JumboMax (=std grip Jumbo size)

Hybrid: 19 deg (Set to 18) deg Ping G410 hybrid Mitsubishi C6 Black Stiff 80g Grip JumboMax Ultralite (=std grip Jumbo size)

Irons: 5-GW Irons Cobra Forged Tec X KBS Tour Lite Regular -0.25" Grip JumboMax (=std grip Jumbo size)

Wedges: 50-07 S-grind, 54-08 D-grind and 58-12 deg D-grind Mizuno T22 Denim Copper Grip Golf Pride Z-Grip

Putter:  Cobra King 3D Printed Agera Armlock Putter 41"

Game Ball: Maxfli TourX CG 

I have spent the winter hitting balls into a net at home and playing golf when the weather was not miserably cold.  The indoor practice swings have helped, and I am seeing improvement when I play.  Still more work needed.

What has been missing is the short game practice and putting that I used to do.  I neglected them for most of this last year.  I used to be at the course 2-3 times a week practicing.  Now when I go to the course, it's warmup and play... and it shows in my scoring, or lack thereof.  So, today I spent 2 hours at the course just practicing.  

I started on the range with the same routine I do at home; wedge, 7i, with focus on compressing the ball.  Still hitting off mats until the grass starts growing again, but it was nice to see ball flight for a change.  Then a few hybrids and about a dozen driver swings.  

I took a small bucket of balls to the pitching green and worked on flighting my 60º high and low to front and back of the green.  Then hit a some balls from the bunker; sand was firm and wet since it has rained for the past couple of days.  It's a different shot than dry sand, and I don't get to practice that very much.

Moved to the putting green and hit chips off the fringe with my 60º and my PW.  Even though I can putt these shots on the course, I like to practice with my wedge from tight lies.  I rely mostly on my 60º when I play, but wanted to also get a feel for a PW bump and run shot.  Not bad, but it took awhile to control the distance.  Still needs work.  On to putting... started with 3 foot putts using right hand only and slowly moved back to 6 feet.  I've been struggling on the course with starting the ball on the correct line lately, and right hand putting helps.  Then moved to 10 foot and 20 foot putts for speed control.  I have been pretty good with those on the course, but I have been leaving putts short.  I focused on getting the ball past the hole.  Generally pretty good, considering all the worm guys lying all over the green that the ball rolled over.  

I need to do this more often this year.  Will repeat again tomorrow and see how this practice affects my play this weekend.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Hit for about 90 minutes last night in the garage again. Decent enough results, but took a few swings to get back into feeling right. I played a sim round with my brother-in-law on Tuesday and started to slip into some bad habits already.

With irons, I really need to feel a big hip turn and then a high finish to keep me from shutting the face down through impact. I don't think I'm actually finishing much higher. I'm sure it's more feel/intent than anything else. When I get it right I can consistently get 2-4 degrees in-to-out with a face-to-path of -1 to -2, so almost ideal.

I also hit about 35 balls with my gamer driver for the first time in a while, trying to find the success I had at the end of last season. Took about 20 balls to find the right swing. Started out feeling too much left in the swing, which was leading to pull-fades. Then went to try to feel more right, which was leading to overdraws and hooks. Finally got a nice feel of hands going more right but, like with the irons, feeling less hands in the release. I combined that with feeling really wide in the backswing. That got me hitting a bunch of nice ones around 165-168 ball speed with good height, accuracy and distance. 

Still have a ways to go, but I am starting to see more balls finish in the 50 yard margin with the driver. This also very much illustrates my left hooky miss.

image.png.4c6bcdd4cce34e2e9aef590d33e1e66f.png

Very excited to get out on the course here hopefully soon!

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

It's been busy around the house this weekend, couple that with the range being closed and I wasn't able to get out and play this weekend. Not to mention it's too windy to up the net and get some swing work in. I got out today just to work on a couple of little things.

My swing feels like an unfolded lawn chair, so my intent right now is to simplify and just swing the club and regain some of the confidence I've lost. My wife had mentioned I played my best while SuperSpeed training, so I did a session. 

The other thing I worked on was some differential practice hitting half wedges using the Divot Board for feedback. I would hit a shot off the toe, then off the heel and repeat. That went fairly well with just a couple of shots being wrong. I tried to hit in front of then behind as well, that was not as good as the heel/toe. 

I've got way too many thoughts standing over the ball and I'm locking up over it and I'm hoping this will help. 

Played 12 holes yesterday on temporary pins, trying to get my swing feels for the driver together, I have bits and pieces of the swing down such as my wrist position and left arm/elbow throughout the swing, but I vary for the finished position for my backswing. I get good results with both but nothing feels "good" at this point. 

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

After my round today I went back to the range to hit some balls practicing getting my left wrist to turn under through the strike. I did an old drill a coach in TX had showed me, and as soon as I just hit about 10 balls with the drill I was striping the 8 iron. If I could do this during a round!!!!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

My swing feels like an unfolded lawn chair, so my intent right now is to simplify and just swing the club and regain some of the confidence I've lost. My wife had mentioned I played my best while SuperSpeed training, so I did a session. 

I've got way too many thoughts standing over the ball and I'm locking up over it and I'm hoping this will help. 

... One of the fundamentals of teaching I learned pretty quickly. Everyone is different and what works for you may not work for me. I am happy to hear Speed Training helps you play better as it did the opposite for me. After 3 sessions my swing was more like an exploding lawn chair LOL. I am also sure I have said this before but it is such good teaching advice: "Give out information by the teaspoon, not the shovel". Basically we can only process one thought at a time and although we can go back and forth rapidly between more thoughts, we then never fully concentrate on any of them. So try your best to have only one thought when you swing ... or even better, no thoughts! 🤪

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

37 minutes ago, chisag said:

... One of the fundamentals of teaching I learned pretty quickly. Everyone is different and what works for you may not work for me. I am happy to hear Speed Training helps you play better as it did the opposite for me. After 3 sessions my swing was more like an exploding lawn chair LOL. I am also sure I have said this before but it is such good teaching advice: "Give out information by the teaspoon, not the shovel". Basically we can only process one thought at a time and although we can go back and forth rapidly between more thoughts, we then never fully concentrate on any of them. So try your best to have only one thought when you swing ... or even better, no thoughts! 🤪

I'm thinking it might have something to do with sequencing and committing to the shot. I was not hesitant to try and rip one now and again and the thought process was simple for me. I'm still working on keeping better form this time as opposed to the last, I developed quite the flying right elbow and don't want to go back to that. I'm hoping practice without consequences will get me back to a better place mentally than where my headspace is now. It's crazy in there. 

7 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I'm thinking it might have something to do with sequencing and committing to the shot. I was not hesitant to try and rip one now and again and the thought process was simple for me. I'm still working on keeping better form this time as opposed to the last, I developed quite the flying right elbow and don't want to go back to that. I'm hoping practice without consequences will get me back to a better place mentally than where my headspace is now. It's crazy in there. 

Use the swing jacket to keep that right elbow in check. Hit balls into your net with it on. 1/2 swings, then 3/4.

13 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Use the swing jacket to keep that right elbow in check. Hit balls into your net with it on. 1/2 swings, then 3/4.

Now that the weather is warming up, that's a priority for me. I have taken the jacket out several times over the winter and used it on dry swings and really like the feel of it. Now that it's short sleeve weather, it's going to be prime time for using it. 

It really seems to work, taking swings after taking it off you can feel the ghost feels you get after using things like the Planemate. I'm really excited about it. 

One of the swing habits that lead to my inconsistency is the feeling of rolling my rear hand/wrist through the hitting zone. Often when I turn the face to quickly I feel it’s left of left   

trying to use the bigger muscles and more my lead arm release the club   I find that the  face will be squarer to my swing path.  

Really good range session today in prep for a couple tournaments end of week.  Brought some new irons I just finished building (better player category) and had a really good day getting to know them.  It forced me to really keep my tempo in a good place if I wanted to get decent contact.  Moved on to putting and just spent about 20 minutes really just working on speed and consistent stroke.  Finished with some pitching, chipping, and sand work.  Felt really comfortable and I'm hoping that today was a good pattern to repeat to get warmed up for a round.

@RickyBobby_PR

Thanks for the advice.  Broke the bucket up into manageable pieces and it made a huge difference in the session.  Warmed up from chipping to full wedge for about 15 balls then moved onto drills for 30 then spent the pretend playing holes/practicing my pre-shot routine and prep.

@DiscipleofPenick 

Also really, really great advice about the start line.  Did all of my thinking and swing thoughts behind the ball, picked my alignment point, walked up aligned, looked at the target, then hit.  No extraneous thoughts about swing or shot.  Just pictured the target then told myself to hit the ball.  

Driver

311062546_PXG_LogoSmall.jpg.1ff58b767d1fb1cdfeac9a387718766e.jpg  0811XT -- Tensei CK Orange 60

Woods

PXG_Logo Small.jpg 0211 3W -- Tensei AV Raw Blue

Hybrids

image.png.374545efa45a29aed00287677e783604.png  0317X 2&4 -- Tensei AV Raw Blue 

Irons 

:srixon-small: ZX7 4/AW -- C-Taper Lite 110

Wedges

:cleveland-small:  RTX Zipcore 56 Mid @55° -- TT DG Spinner

Putter

Test.png DF2.1 or Link.1 -- Accra

Ball

:srixon-small:  Zstar Diamond

Having a bad day on the green. Long putts were good distance control but lipping out and missing entire cup from 4 feet  

I got out the mirror 

My shoulders are open and my eye alignment is open to the target 

I practice cross handed strokes and that immediately got my shoulders and eye alignment more square.  

Edited by Haro

I met a friend at a simulator shop halfway between us in Lancaster this week.  We hit range shots for a while comparing launch monitor data and fiddling with some swing tweaks.  Then we played St. Andrews for the remaining time and got in 10 holes.

We opted for the ego boosting 2 putts on every green or 1 putt if within 5' since we both dislike putting on a sim.  Those dang fairway pot bunkers ate a few of our tee shots!  It was fun 'playing' holes i only have seen on TV. 

The equipment used there in that bay is a Uneekor and the data matched up with the feel I had hitting the shots.  I experimented with a MTB-X and MTB-Black and really didn't see a difference in spin or distance data between them with the driver or 7i.  I didn't do any wedge tests with them. 

It was odd that in range mode every shot for me seemed to be out to the right about 10 yards.  The flight was a slight fade as I expected and felt coming off the clubface, just out to the right a bit.  But when playing the course I did the same set up for aiming and the shots were right on target, I'm not sure what the difference was.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.