TESTERS WANTED! ×

What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

It was gorgeous morning out on the range today … got out and implemented drills from yesterday’s lesson.

Happy thus far.

*video plays directly from a mobile device, requires a download from desktop site*

Edited by mikeanthony

Driver: :ping-small: G410 SFT 10.5*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: image.png.ec9b0a77ef708074b5547162186659f4.png  Forged Tec One Length (5i-GW)

Wedges: image.png.3c33ed301e51199de9e62f474f52b6e0.png T22 55* & 59*

Putter: image.png.f53011d6b358811f2c4cdcc166aeeffa.png  002 Mid-Mallet

Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft LS & :Snell: Prime-X

image.png

9 hours ago, bens197 said:

I am so happy now I could cry. I’ve struggled with my right hand taking over on the downswing and I get far too steep. There have been so many ideas in my head that I’ve conjured up trying to translate into a certain feel. Today, it translated. I told myself to start feeling the back of my right hand pointing to the ground as soon as possible to prevent that takeover. It made more sense than thinking about what my left hand and wrist do through the downswing. 

Combine that with good tempo and it was so pure. Solid drivers and some super feel good 5 irons. 

FullSizeRender.MOV 119.86 MB · 1 download IMG_7730.MOV 34.35 MB · 3 downloads

beautiful swing

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

9 hours ago, bens197 said:

I am so happy now I could cry. I’ve struggled with my right hand taking over on the downswing and I get far too steep. There have been so many ideas in my head that I’ve conjured up trying to translate into a certain feel. Today, it translated. I told myself to start feeling the back of my right hand pointing to the ground as soon as possible to prevent that takeover. It made more sense than thinking about what my left hand and wrist do through the downswing. 

Combine that with good tempo and it was so pure. Solid drivers and some super feel good 5 irons. 

FullSizeRender.MOV 119.86 MB · 4 downloads IMG_7730.MOV 34.35 MB · 4 downloads

That's one silky smooth swing. 

On 4/17/2022 at 1:18 PM, sirchunksalot said:

I'm going to title today's range session "Hope". ...etc...

Yikes! We all feel for you.

There's an old saying that seems to fit in here:

"On the far side of failure .. lies success."

Now no one is saying it's gonna be easy to cross that divide.......

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

10 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

That's a really good quote and thank you for sharing that. Things were getting bad for me both with my swing and in my mental state any time I stood over a ball. With a couple of good range sessions and some good net practices, things are looking up. If you look up @Vegan_Golfer_PNW's Broke 100 thread, you'll see his issue with an outside takeaway and I had the same problem. I think I got overly obsessed with getting the clubface outside my hands that I over compensated causing problems. 

I've spent the last week or so placing the butt end of the grip into my stomach and working on a better turn and trying to get the right feels of keeping the trail arm connected to my body instead of letting it get away. I'm seeing better contact and feeling the confidence soar. I'm still a little scared I'll move too far the other way as we tend to go to extremes with the golf swing. 

I'm planning on playing tomorrow and have it in my mind just to go out and have fun and not to get down if I make a few bad swings. I'm considering it a day just to get out and practice, scoring will be secondary. 

That should make it easier for you to not worry oe fret too much, and make the game enjoyable.

Results will come, as practice does make it easier. Have fun tomorrow. 👍

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

On 4/19/2022 at 11:44 PM, Kenny B said:

Your results look so much better than some of your descriptions of your play over the last couple of years... chunking, skulling across the green, etc.  Looks like things are coming together!!

Thank you!! Yes - this season things are really .. finally! .. starting to click! Hitting more decent shots and fewer stinkers each time I play 👍

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Had some time to hit the range today. I worked on something I saw on txg this last week on playing my shot shape and then working on a dependable stock shot off the tee. Arccos shows me if I reduce penalty strokes I could save 1.5 strokes a round over the last 15 rounds. I have had a bad double cross coming into play costing me more strokes than usual lately so it was nice spending time working on shaping it one way today. Hopefully it translates this weekend. 

Driver: :titelist-small: TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X

Fairway: :titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 Ventus Blue 8X 

Hybrid:  :taylormade-small: Sim 2 - 19 Hybrid Tensei Orange 90TX

Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 4-5 P7MC Raw 6-PW MMT 125TX

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM8 50.10F, 54.10S - X100 & 58.04T S400

Putter: Lajosi DD201

:titelist-small: Pro V1X Left Dash

Got out this morning for a small bucket and really did my best to work on a full turn and ball position. I still want to default to having the ball closer to the center of my stance with irons, however an actual shoulder turn drastically improves my downswing and I need the ball more off of my left pec. So a lot of practice swings brushing the grass to see low point, then hitting the ball. A great side effect of understanding how a true shoulder turn feels (thanks to a lesson last summer) and starting the downswing properly leads to a much shallower divot and less feeling of slamming the clubhead through the turf. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

At the detriment to my lower back and left oblique, got in a 4th range sesh over the past 3 days this morning. 

Really want to grove in pre-shot routines and setup. Hands fwd, quite one-piece take away, compress onto and smother the ball, and lastly finishing onto my left side by rolling onto my left heel. 

Finally remembered to bring my MLM and aimed for smash factors in the 1.30 range … had quite a few at 1.30 or higher, with many of them at 1.28. 

As before, happy with the results. 

CDE4EFA4-FA0D-475B-9B6A-8B5858C6AC17.jpeg

Irons: image.png.ec9b0a77ef708074b5547162186659f4.png  Forged Tec One Length (5i-GW)

image.png

On 5/11/2022 at 8:45 AM, mikeanthony said:

It was gorgeous morning out on the range today … got out and implemented drills from yesterday’s lesson.

Happy thus far.

*video plays directly from a mobile device, requires a download from desktop site*

I love how you accelerate through the ball.  Nice work.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

5 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Appreciate it man … seriously, thank you. 🙏🏼 

It’s something I’m working on as well, finishing thru the ball … but at the same time, there’s no water left of the green or a deep pot bunker at the front that I need to worry about. 🤣 

image.png

3 minutes ago, mikeanthony said:

Appreciate it man … seriously, thank you. 🙏🏼 

It’s something I’m working on as well, finishing thru the ball … but at the same time, there’s no water left of the green or a deep pot bunker at the front that I need to worry about. 🤣 

Think about how many poor swings we make during a round that are a product of poor tempo or non-committal. 

This swing looked great because of those things. Keep it up because that ball flight is nice 😊

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

4 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Think about how many poor swings we make during a round that are a product of poor tempo or non-committal. 

This swing looked great because of those things. Keep it up because that ball flight is nice 😊

Aaah. Very true. I’ll need to remember that. 

Once my confidence is more sustained, I’ll look at hitting the Maltbys again. 

image.png

On 5/10/2022 at 11:43 AM, chisag said:

... While some aggressive hitters have a tighter grip on the club, most are shocked at how light they should grip the club. You described a feeling I tried to give my students that the club should feel like it is almost going to slip out of your hands. Taking a look at Fred Couples swing, his right hand is holding his grip so loose it literally comes off the grip at impact.  Obviously you want a secure grip but most grip waaaaaay too tight. Sounds like you are on a good path! 

Monte says that most ams have too light of a grip.  He referenced Sam Snead who said "hold the club like a bird", but what you don't hear was the second part of Snead's statement, "like and eagle trying to get away from you."  

Too light of a grip can lead to inconsistent positions in the backswing and transition, and if you hit a ball with a loose grip, chances are greater for a mishit when the ball is not struck squarely.  We naturally tend to increase grip pressure in the downswing to minimize this, so it seems to me that maintaining a firm grip pressure throughout the swing would eliminate another variable.  The trick is, of course, to maintain a firm grip pressure... not a stranglehold... while keeping tension out of your neck, shoulders and arms.

As for Freddie and VJ Singh for that matter, they both have a firm grip at impact and the right hand almost comes off the club just after impact when the ball is gone.  Their swing type, body type, and general body health or lack thereof, may also influence this release.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

30 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Monte says that most ams have too light of a grip.  He referenced Sam Snead who said "hold the club like a bird", but what you don't hear was the second part of Snead's statement, "like and eagle trying to get away from you."  

Too light of a grip can lead to inconsistent positions in the backswing and transition, and if you hit a ball with a loose grip, chances are greater for a mishit when the ball is not struck squarely.  We naturally tend to increase grip pressure in the downswing to minimize this, so it seems to me that maintaining a firm grip pressure throughout the swing would eliminate another variable.  The trick is, of course, to maintain a firm grip pressure... not a stranglehold... while keeping tension out of your neck, shoulders and arms.

As for Freddie and VJ Singh for that matter, they both have a firm grip at impact and the right hand almost comes off the club just after impact when the ball is gone.  Their swing type, body type, and general body health or lack thereof, may also influence this release.

I’m not too well versed in this topic, but I will say a Tour player with (what appears) to be light grip pressure is Gary Woodland. 

Followed him for a few holes during a practice round for the PGA at Kiawah last year … and his light grip, noodle like takeaway is mind blowing. It’s one thing to see it on TV, but a totally different experience to see it at tee box with him directly in front of you. A phenomenal athlete. 

image.png

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

As for Freddie and VJ Singh for that matter

... Kenny we probably don't over analyze anything as much as we do the golf swing. I can't imagine throwing a baseball like this because we grip the ball with enough pressure to both hold it securely while allowing the fingers and wrists to be flexible, creating maximum speed. The tighter we hold the ball the less speed we can create. I broke a few rackets back when I played Travel Tennis because when serving I griped the racket so loose it came out of my hands. I have seen Pro's do the same. Asking someone how tightly they hold their grip is almost always misleading, because most really don't know or more accurately they think they grip it tighter or looser than they actually do. Add to that what I call a 4 on a scale of 1-10 someone else might call a 2 or a 6 because feel is subjective. But the goal is simple: hold it just tightly enough to maintain control while keeping your writs and arms as loose as possible. The majority of am's wrists and arms are too tight and this robs them of speed. 

... When players grip too lightly, you can see them loose control of the club at the top of the swing or during the transition and a drill I used to have my students do was put a tee in their grip at the base of their little finger/palm and it would fall out when they swung the club. I would also add a swinger and a hitter are going to have a different grip pressure. A hitter like Arnie had a tighter grip and tight forearms but obviously hit it a mile and I'll let Freddie describe his grip in this excerpt from Freddie's book Total Shotmaking:

595690613_Freddiegrippressure.JPG.5c64fa4c7dcc27cc1e2c0e106279d001.JPG  

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

There’s a difference between pressure and tension. Too many ams confuse the two. One can have a tight grip but not a lot of tension and one can have a combo of both or be loose grip and not much tension.

As mentioned above some pros may have a loose grip but if you watch they also begin to tighten it up in the swing.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Hit the range yesterday for a longer session. Really working on distance control with my wedges. Also worked a lot throughout the day on body alignment to target. Very productive session. Really dialed in the shorter to kid irons also. Making a change with the putter and brought out the Scotty Cameron to the putting green to get a feel for it vs the spider. 

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

20 minutes ago, RollingGreens said:

Making a change with the putter and brought out the Scotty Cameron to the putting green to get a feel for it vs the spider. 

Interested to hear your first takes on the SC vs. Spider.  I just added the Newport 2.5 to my bag - transitioning from the 2 ball Ten.  I have noticed the ball coming off the putter hotter on the SC in my first practice session last night.  Once I dialed that in, I was more deft with distance control using the SC, but felt more solid on line consistency with the 2BT.   Just my initial take after my first outing.

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

On 5/12/2022 at 6:11 AM, bens197 said:

... 👍 And a fundamental that bites me in the a$$ from time to time. Crazy how we can make the same mistakes for many years and for me almost always when I am a little mentally lazy. 115yd 9 iron into a 20 mph wind that is gusty but can drop to 5mph as I make contact so something deep in my subconscious I don't trust taking 2 extra clubs. The obvious play is accelerate through the ball with a 1/2 swing and if I am long, I am long. But about 4 or 5 times a year it seems I will decelerate through the ball with a weak fade, low pull or outright mishit and I vow to never decelerate again. Yet somewhere down the line I repeat my mistake. Crazy mental game...

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

14 minutes ago, chisag said:

... 👍 And a fundamental that bites me in the a$$ from time to time. Crazy how we can make the same mistakes for many years and for me almost always when I am a little mentally lazy. 115yd 9 iron into a 20 mph wind that is gusty but can drop to 5mph as I make contact so something deep in my subconscious I don't trust taking 2 extra clubs. The obvious play is accelerate through the ball with a 1/2 swing and if I am long, I am long. But about 4 or 5 times a year it seems I will decelerate through the ball with a weak fade, low pull or outright mishit and I vow to never decelerate again. Yet somewhere down the line I repeat my mistake. Crazy mental game...

The brain farts...nothing more humbling than a decel chunk from inside 130 yards...

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

Range today was rough with the irons. I'm not sure what causes the issue but I'm really fighting a tendency to shank or top my shots. Usually I just end up forcing the issue which makes for an unproductive session. Instead, I stopped trying to move through my bag after my 8-iron and went straight to my 3 wood to mix things up. Then played with the driver for a bit before dropping back down to the 7-iron. Things went better after that, but still having some consistency issues.

One thing I picked up on today is that I can generally predict how well the shot is going to go depending on how the backswing feels. I've backed off a few times when things felt wrong and not swung through until the backswing felt right. That worked for me today, so I'm going to spend some time in front of the camera to see if I can figure out what's going sideways on me.

Last, I'm learning that I'm not a big fan of the new Jumbo CPx grips I put on my irons. The midsize CP2 Pro on my 3W feels much more comfortable, and the CPx diamonds just don't spark joy like I thought they would. I might regrip my stock driver and hybrid grips with a Midsize CP2 wrap to compare the two CP2 models, but I'm fairly sure I'll leave the CPx behind in the future.

Driver:     :cobra-small: LTDx Max 10.5°, MCG C6 Red 50 R

Wood:     :cobra-small: LTDx Max 3W 15.5°, MCG C6 Red 50 R

Hybrid:     :titleist-small: TS2 4H 23°; 5H 25°, Mitsubishi Kuro Kage Black 60 Graphite Regular

Irons:       :cobra-small: LTD (5-9); :Fuji: Vista PRO 60i R

Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 - 54.11 (56°), :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 - 60.10; :Fuji: Vista PRO 60i R

Putter:      :odyssey-small: White Hot Pro 1 / :odyssey-small: 2-Ball Ten Armlock

Bag:         :taylormade-small: Supreme Cart Bag 2022

Balls:      :maxfli: Tour

Reviews: Spornia SPG8 XL Net (Official), Me and My Golf Full Body Freedom (Unofficial), Club Champion Full Bag Fitting (Unofficial), Gravity Caddy (Unofficial)

9 hours ago, Tiftaaft said:

Interested to hear your first takes on the SC vs. Spider.  I just added the Newport 2.5 to my bag - transitioning from the 2 ball Ten.  I have noticed the ball coming off the putter hotter on the SC in my first practice session last night.  Once I dialed that in, I was more deft with distance control using the SC, but felt more solid on line consistency with the 2BT.   Just my initial take after my first outing.

I would agree but I do feel that some of it is because the Scotty has an overall heavier head feeling than the spider. Could just be how the inserts feel too. I’ll let you know since I’ll be using it Saturday and Sunday during my rounds. 

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

I got sick yesterday and couldn't play - probably will not be able to play again now until Memorial Day weekend so I need to be sure to hit the range frequently.  

I have church tonight so got out early today and hit balls for a while - worked on part wedges and checked out my supply of 3 woods to see if there were any worth putting in the bag for a spell (I've pretty much settled on two Edison wedges rather than 3 SCORS, I've eliminated 5 iron from the mix, so I do have an opening in the bag).  

The part wedges went pretty well - I had two targets in different directions one at 34 yards and the other at 56.  I randomized between 54 and 59 to both targets - it was fun.  I hit a bunch of 9 irons that were very nice and then hit a few drivers followed by sequencing driver, to wedge, driver to 9 iron aiming at different down range points with the driver - I was tight against the right side of the range so I was able to aim at a flag that simulated a far tighter driving hole that I would ever face at my club - had to hit it dead straight towards that flag which is not my favorite tee shot (others would play a fade - I almost never to that intentionally)

I hit 5 5woods to get some data on the Rapsodo - balls speed 123 average carry 190, 19 degree launch (that seemed high but they also averaged 93 ft height) beautiful high shots with a touch of draw you could throw a large blanket over them. 

On to the 3 woods - the SLDR HL was quickly eliminated -  not a single solid hit, other than the ground behind the ball a couple of times, in the bunch - yuck!

An older Callaway wasn't much better due to inconsistency (I did get two of the five out to over 200 hundred though)

The Tour Exotics showed some promise. There was consistency, a tad more distance, a bit lower launch so I'd think some more run out - the LM had it at 191 which wouldn't be worth it if that held but I want to at least get it on the course and give it a try side by side with the 5 wood.  Our club has a new set of junior tees.  I need to get out some late afternoon and hit a couple of balls with 5 wood and that 3 wood to compare them side by side in on course, real wind situations.  I know that the LM results of the 5 wood was pretty accurate - my performance average with 5 wood on Shot Scope is 188.  That takes into account real shot distances.  It should be a bit shorter than a LM on the range because real shots get hit in the wind and hurting wind impacts a shot about twice as much as a helping wind.  

Regardless it was a productive range session this morning.  Time to grab some lunch, shower up and get to work. 

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

After a soul crushing 92 today.  I walked from 18 to the range and practiced 7 iron contact.  1/2 swings, 3/4 swings, Full swings.  Back to 1/2 swings, 3/4 swings, full swings.  

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

Had some free time this afternoon, so naturally I went to the range. I wanted to see if I could continue with good swings. By some miracle, I continued striping it it. The pro stopped by, and we chatted about my success with full swing. He wanted to see my chipping. Again it was a quick fix for him. I naturally keep the face open, he worked on getting it square and slowing my tempo. Game changer! My chipping was much better. Should transfer into full swings and continue to make me better. 

:taylormade-small: STEALTH 2+ 10.5* FUJIKURA VENTUS TR BLACK 6X

:srixon-small: ZX MKII 3W 15* Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX U.S.A. 8TX

:taylormade-small: Stealth+ 19 Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 1K 85TX

:srixon-small: ZX7 4-PW KBS $Taper 130 BLACK PVD

:cleveland-small: RTX 6 Zipcore 50/54.10 Full Project X 6.0

:ping-small: GLIDE 4.0 60.10S DYNAMIC GOLD TOUR ISSUE S400

:EVNROLL: ER2v MIDLOCK 40”

:maxfli: TOUR X

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope 

:SuperSpeed:

Range work and some simulated holes. Driver strikes were great but realized I’m early extending. I just need to keep grinding on drills with my coach to get my mechanics better. Irons started rough and then got better during the hole simulation. Then ten minutes on the green just working on lag putting and using only ball. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review