jlukes

What/How did you practice today?

12 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

The pro at my old course putts like Snedeker and has for the 25 years I've known him.  It's not for everyone.  I tried it several years ago, when I was struggling.  The short backstroke is fine, but the "tap & stop" didn't work for me on distance control.  I suppose I could have stuck with it longer, but I was searching for the magic answer, and that wasn't it.

Understood and appreciate your feedback certainly. This style just seems to suit me (for now) when combined with this new short (33") B60. Putted very well in my personal best round the other day and will keep at it. Somehow it just seems more "natural" for me. I really like how the ball comes off the face. Rarely a jump and seems to go smooth with eyes for the cup at times. Maybe still in the honeymoon phase, so only time will tell. Watching those guys on the tube though, I seem to see several others doing similar things. Maybe there's something to it, but for now, this is my stroke.

• Like 1

I didn't have a lot of time to practice today and the range was packed, so I took a cart and played 6 holes by myself.  I was behind a foursome, but they moved along pretty well.  I think they were playing a 2-man team game.  They kept changing tee boxes, so they must have been playing something like make a birdie, move back a tee; make a bogey, move up a tee; and stay where you are with a par.  

I played 2 balls on nearly every shot, but I was mostly trying to get my erratic driver straightened out.  Not much luck.  I've had trouble with it since I started the SuperSpeed Golf training test.  Hit a bad one; hit a good one, followed by two more bad ones; left and right.  The other clubs were pretty good, particularly wedge approaches.  I left for the course in such a hurry that I forgot my GPS, so I was "winging it" on yardages.  However, I know the course so well that I got along fine without it.  I am also liking my new Wilson Staff D300 2H for long fairway shots much better than my fairway wood.  

• Like 3

Rev, that's a huge increase.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Remember I had already picked up 4 mph before starting Super Speed just from getting fit. I was at 84.5 when I was fit for the Ping test last March and 88 on the same device three weeks ago - 91 on the radar that Suoerspeed sent us.

While 99 wasn’t there on the course something kicked in starting with my tee shot on 9. I’m usually a little longer than the guy I was playing with. I was 20 plus yards longer than him on the back and he was hitting it well.

My drive on 18 was were I would normally hit it down wind - but we were into a significant breeze. I had 38 on the back - two poor wedges - really poor wedges were all that got in the way of a great 9.

I will go to the range and address that tomorrow. Between getting my swing speed up and my weight loss I have a lot going on. The swing feels totally different. There were some shots today that made my exceedingly happen to the point that I was thinking, “I can play with this swing.”

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Had a refreshingly decent range session, just trying to work in all the elements my instructor has been working very hard this season to hammer into my thick skull! Kept switching up clubs and going for varying targets after every few shots .. even nailed a few drivers pretty solidly in a stiff left to right breeze.

Probably hit too many balls, though.... Like 135 or so. This place has the automated pop-up dispensers so it's too easy to say, "oh just one more" before you push the button to get your reusable card back before you run it down to 0!

• Like 1

2 buckets at the range hitting the Ft Worth Blacks and Ping i210 6, 7, & 8 irons. I really figured out a couple things. Good session.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1