Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

Hit a bucket and played 9 with the newly shafted Edels. I hit 7 of the 9 greens!!! Exactly what I was looking to improve. Swing changes have shown very nice early returns!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Nice!!!

Those the lower body movement changes you were talking about in another thread?

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Range was a hot mess from two days of rain so had to use mats -

Today's goal was to work on the fairway wood - I'm currently gaming a tour Exotics ER9 4 wood. I hit it great but give away a few yards to my 3 wood (not a full club - 7 or 8 yards). To date the consistency has been worth it but those few yards leave me a bit short off the tee.

I brought along my 4 wood, old 3 wood and an SLDR HL SLDR 3 wood with a tp shaft that I had picked up a few years ago on the cheap. While I don't like the mats they were good for this test as I could see the balls land and roll out (there wasn't much of that because it was so wet). There was a flag that was 190 which was perfect because I would not expect to carry fw that far into a breeze. I didn't with either the 4 wood or old 3 wood although I hit a couple of three woods that got past the flag.

The surprise was the SLDR HL. I was carrying it to the base of the green that the flag was on - 185 - it's ball flight was higher than the 3 wood and very straight - no where near as much draw as the other two clubs - my guess is that if it were dry it would have rolled out much farther - it was launching higher with less spin.

I'm going to bring it to the course the next time I play for fun and try it with the 4 wood side by side a few times. I bag SLDR S hybrids and love them - there are times where I hit the 22 as long as my fairway wood.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Did my drills, then two buckets.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Today I worked on sleep ding rather than rotating my hips through the ball. :)

Well that's the move I was making until I reverted to some drills that my teacher gave me to make it stop!!!!!

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Took my 2 girls to the range with me this afternoon. I absolutely LOVE taking them.

I hit about a bucket and a half and I was peppering a green area with my 8/9 irons!!! I am really seeing great dispersion with the new shafts. Distance looks to be about 5 yards less right now, but I won't know until I'm on a course.

Created a new putting drill for myself ad hoc. This will be a good one for the winter.

My basement carpet is pergo so it's "grainy" and also has little slopes here and there. I took a plate from my daughter's kitchen set and it makes a nice cup as the center is about the right size.

PcZ5bEn.gif

You've gotta get the speed and direction just right or the plate will reject you to the side. Then I'll putt them back over coming back to practice shorties.

kV9IX8y.gif

OUTTAKE: The "reject" was common when I was practicing but so difficult to reproduce on video. I didn't think this was possible but I did it more than once.

foO60kK.gif

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Went to pro and started tackling my transition issues.He is kinda taking me on a different path than before.A feeling of more hands and arms first and body will follow.Ive always tried to do the opposite.My body feel so closed off, but oddly doesn't look that way in video.Feels like I have more to hit with now

Keep it in the short stuff

Just spent 30 minutes or so on the chipping green.  Since I was chastised the other day for not making daily use of our facility  ^_^

There wasn't a sole on the green or the range, so I was able to work on chips shots from 15 feet to pitch shots all the way to 60 yards...(yeah it's a big dual green)   Overall went pretty well, was satisfied, not thrilled with my distance control.   I did hole out one 50 foot chip!!

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Spent most of my day sleeping after a 15 nearly 16 hour shift. After I slept I wanted to test out the new cut blue and white I got. I have a putting mat and I put them against my current gamer, Vice pro. Lined up the putts without looking at the balls judging how I liked them by sound and feel off my Ping Tr. The cut blue was my favorite out of the 3 and I even putted with other balls I had laying around. It's hard to not look at the markings on the balls but I did my best to try to make it unbiased. Practicing my putting like I am I hope it will help next year.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I'm anxious to get to the range tomorrow. My poor “swings” from the other day made it to the course on Monday.

I've done some mirror work the past several days and believe that my issue was programmed in at set up by closing my shoulders to the target.

I will hit the range tomorrow to test that theory and if it doesn't work schedule a lesson.

In the category of feel is deceptive my good shots felt weird on Monday so something is amiss. I'm going with something simple and basic.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

View from the other end of the range. The ball that looks like Sammy Davis Jr.'s glass eye belongs to my friend Dennis. Dennis hits lots to of hooks and the range runs down the left side of number one. He's put a few balls there - funny that this one showed up in my pile.

Huge improvement over Monday's round and my last range session. My teacher was there and watched me hit a few before his 900 lesson showed up. What felt like being wide open with my left shoulder at set up was still a bit closed. I also had my ball position too far back with driver. I opened the shoulder a bit more and move the ball up a hair in the stance and was killing driver.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Smaller target, longer putts. Bonus points if you can tell what ball it is.

PA0WQoL.gif

Uhhhhhh NOONAN

a22QgFL.gif

Double breaker? Better than most!

Just putzing around in my livingroom with 4 E6's and a couple of green solo cups held down with throw pillows..nuthin' fancy but gets the juices flowing

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Took the G30 out to a "driving" hole on the course today and hit about 2 dozen drives with three different balls.

Kinda a driver/ball test.

Was seeing more consistency (meaning accuracy) with the G30 tham my current 917. Measured distance by leaving my bag on the tee and driving out to the balls and shooting back to the bag witj my laser.

Overall about 5 yards longer on scarface than my 917. But it was cool (mkd40's) and ground was very soft due to the 4 inches of melted snow from two days prior.

So the distances were all basically carry (a few landed right next to pitch marks)

I'm a well documented short hitter (much to my dismay) most were in the 197 to 205 range with the longest at 217.

The ball that got the most distance was the Bridgestone 330 and ProV also used a Wilson Duo spin and Srixon Z Star and Prov1 X

Took the G30 out to a "driving" hole on the course today and hit about 2 dozen drives with three different balls.

Kinda a driver/ball test.

Was seeing more consistency (meaning accuracy) with the G30 tham my current 917. Measured distance by leaving my bag on the tee and driving out to the balls and shooting back to the bag witj my laser.

Overall about 5 yards longer on scarface than my 917. But it was cool (mkd40's) and ground was very soft due to the 4 inches of melted snow from two days prior.

So the distances were all basically carry (a few landed right next to pitch marks)

I'm a well documented short hitter (much to my dismay) most were in the 197 to 205 range with the longest at 217.

The ball that got the most distance was the Bridgestone 330 and ProV also used a Wilson Duo spin and Srixon Z Star and Prov1 X

Interesting you did this.

We played 9 this morning and I alternated a Pro V1 & Chrome Soft each hole. Looking at distance, feel and putting. To me the Chrome Soft was the better ball for me.

This is going to be ongoing for a few rounds.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Very good range session today - I would love to say that I hit every shot flush -

I did flush every driver

I'm on to something

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Interesting you did this.

We played 9 this morning and I alternated a Pro V1 & Chrome Soft each hole. Looking at distance, feel and putting. To me the Chrome Soft was the better ball for me.

This is going to be ongoing for a few rounds.

Chrome Soft is a very good ball, if I didn't have a personal Callaway embargo in place, I'd definitely consider playing it. 

Hit a bucket today and maybe figured out a thing or two. I have had two major swing changes in three years via my coach's changes in methodology, so just now starting to get a “feel” for this one.

Hit a bucket today and maybe figured out a thing or two. I have had two major swing changes in three years via my coach's changes in methodology, so just now starting to get a “feel” for this one.

Nice!! But don't be a tease .. couple of deets, plz, for those of us stuck at home!

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

Nice!! But don't be a tease .. couple of deets, plz, for those of us stuck at home!

First was getting my weight loaded into my right hip socket, having the ankle, knee, and hip all in-line. Secondly, the feel of the building of speed on the way up, and back down into the ball. It's hard to describe this. It's almost from address, to the top, to back down, the thought of “one-nnnnnnnnne, TWO.” Its kind of quick, steady, then quick...

Anyway. It was a good bucket!

Been working with my yellow string that came with my Edel weight kit. Trying to get that 15' putt feel down pat, which I know will lead to even more makes. Not the most fun thing to practice but I know I need to put in the work.

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

First was getting my weight loaded into my right hip socket, having the ankle, knee, and hip all in-line. Secondly, the feel of the building of speed on the way up, and back down into the ball. It's hard to describe this. It's almost from address, to the top, to back down, the thought of “one-nnnnnnnnne, TWO.” Its kind of quick, steady, then quick...

Anyway. It was a good bucket!

Timing. Rhythm. Tempo.

Sounds like you're on track to something pretty good .. good luck!!

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

I'm either crazy, dedicated, or some combination of both.

Took the shag bag out to practice hitting in my cold weather gear. It's 35* with a steady 15-20 mph breeze.

Overall, wasn't so bad. The swing was considerably shorter due to my layers restricting me but I was making decent contact. The only thing that felt cold was my face.

Everything else was

I'm either crazy, dedicated, or some combination of both.

Took the shag bag out to practice hitting in my cold weather gear. It's 35* with a steady 15-20 mph breeze.

Overall, wasn't so bad. The swing was considerably shorter due to my layers restricting me but I was making decent contact. The only thing that felt cold was my face.

Everything else was

Combination I think

Rick

Left Hand, 

Went to the PGA superstore in Phoenix.Worked on my takeaway in the simulators they have.When I get it just right it feels like the club is in a slot.When not I have this feeling of just being out of sync big time.Its weird how a simple move a few feet off the ball makes that big of a difference.The handle in club out is the real deal.This week and a half out here is doing wonders for my game

Keep it in the short stuff

Combination I think

Yup. I think it's closer to crazy. Guess how many golfers besides me were at the course today? I'll give you a hint. You don't need any fingers to count it.

I went out again today only the wind was blowing steadily 25+ with absolutely no calms and all gusts. Even though the temperature was technically warmer today, it felt way colder.

Today was mostly chipping followed by some 90y pitches out of the rough. This cold ground is leaving a ton of roll out.

The cold weather gear is doing just fine though. Again, it's only my face that gets cold and I can live with that.

Ready to conquer to world with CG2, ddryan, and Dilligaf on Sunday!

Worked on my putting today. I want to be more consistent since I've been hitting more greens and fairways with my lessons. I need to make sure to keep my head still and centered and follow through with my trailing hand. When I don't, I tend to open up and push it way left. Here are a few shots of my stroke from different vantage points. See anything I can work on... besides my wardrobe and thin hair?

https://youtu.be/oTXfa9oZJHQ

https://youtu.be/KxUws1M04MU

https://youtu.be/NEbQZErugqw

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

I had my doc visit on Tuesday and he said that I could migrate out of my walking boot that have been wearing for the past month after foot surgery.  My foot is still slightly swollen, and the only pair of shoes that I can comfortably get on are my pair of original black True Linkswear Tours; the funny looking clown shoes.  

I went to the club today; 34*, a few people on the course and no one on the range.  I got a small bucket and hit mostly PW shots just to get the feel of swinging a club again.  No tension, loose, staying centered over the ball, not putting much weight on my front foot.  I was actually hitting the ball a little further than I did before surgery.  So, I figure that when I can really go after it, it will be back to my normal distance.   :angry:

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Yup. I think it's closer to crazy. Guess how many golfers besides me were at the course today? I'll give you a hint. You don't need any fingers to count it.

I went out again today only the wind was blowing steadily 25+ with absolutely no calms and all gusts. Even though the temperature was technically warmer today, it felt way colder.

Today was mostly chipping followed by some 90y pitches out of the rough. This cold ground is leaving a ton of roll out.

The cold weather gear is doing just fine though. Again, it's only my face that gets cold and I can live with that.

Ready to conquer to world with CG2, ddryan, and Dilligaf on Sunday!

Play well guys, and stay warm

Rick

Left Hand,