Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

5 hours ago, Mizuno_fan said:

Reading many of these practice rounds of all of you I can’t help, but notice a lot of people just practice by hitting so many balls with all their clubs. Which if you ask me is a great way to practice feel, distance, and overall outcome.

Does anyone practice while under pressure? I.E. I will take a 5i and have to hit (in order) 3 draws within 10’ of 200 marker followed by 3 fades within 10’ of same marker. If at any point I miss I have to go back to the beginning. Even if I managed to hit all 3 draws and I missed a fade I still have to go back and repeat the draws. With my local ranges it’s easy to split the fairway into 1/2 or 1/4 the size. I must keep all balls inside this line so that only allows for a 3’-5’ draw/fade I have noticed this has greatly improved my accuracy, but it also is a huuuge help during high pressure situations in tournaments or matches.
Putting(my absolute favorite) I used to take x amount of putts from 3’-12’ then I’d call it a day. Now that has changed significantly. Start off by making a line on the ball and making sure I’m rolling that putt end over end so that line doesn’t wiggle. While I’m doing this there is no target no speed just ensuring my stroke is correct. Then I go straight to 4’ and make 12 in a row. If I miss at 11. Starting all over. After I go to 12’ and must make 12 in a row again. And finish with 12 from 7’
Chipping I am a huge fan of the bump and run personally with an 8i so I pick a 1’ circle that I aim to (not as a finish, but as the initial landing zone) I have to hit 12 in a row to hat spot and I do not make much concern for where they finish. That is next. So now that I have my 1’ circle it’s now time for me to hit the hula hoop circle that is by the hole. The trick here is now I have to hit 12 shots in a row that hit the 1’ circle then must come to a stop within the hula hoop.
I also practice wedge shots now this varies from course to course, however I try to do this with tough thin lies or deep rough lies. 12 on a row are played inside the hula hoop.
Hope this helps and sorry there is so much to read here.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I really like this idea. It does add some pressure situations to your practice as opposed to just aimlessly hitting shots. I'm not quite as good a player as you, so I might have to change this a little, but it is a great start. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Moved my bag from one spot to another in the garage in order to get to other stuff...ahhhhh, winter is Hell...

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Hitting chunks - I got worse as the session went on though and didn’t hit a single one towards the end.

I did find this gem in my bucket.

IMG_1461.JPG

Brought back lots of fond memories.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

On 12/5/2018 at 3:41 PM, PING Apologist #9 said:

Moved my bag from one spot to another in the garage in order to get to other stuff...ahhhhh, winter is Hell...

I hate to be theologically pedantic (ah, who am I kidding? I love being theologically pedantic), but winter and hell are actually quite opposite each other.

🙂

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

Hitting chunks - I got worse as the session went on though and didn’t hit a single one towards the end.

I did find this gem in my bucket.

IMG_1461.thumb.JPG.9c368cc7ae7a6075be9a65aee2c297ea.JPG

Brought back lots of fond memories.

I probably have a few balata balls in a shag bag that I have stashed away. Amazing how different they are than today’s balls....no more on the covers

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, mpatrickriley said:

I hate to be theologically pedantic (ah, who am I kidding? I love being theologically pedantic), but winter and hell are actually quite opposite each other.

🙂

Heh, sorry Reverend... Winter STINKS! (for golf that is...)

Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)

#Powertotheplayers

5 minutes ago, PING Apologist #9 said:

Heh, sorry Reverend... Winter STINKS! (for golf that is...)

Not to be pedantic, but technically winter doesn't smell much different than summer. 😄

Sorry... I had to. 

1 minute ago, GB13 said:

Not to be pedantic, but technically winter doesn't smell much different than summer. 😄

Sorry... I had to. 

Oh bother...you guys are KILLING me..! 🤪

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

Not to be pedantic, but technically winter doesn't smell much different than summer.
Sorry... I had to. 

As a 15 year old using the word “pedantic” you have restored my faith in the American educational system. Now can you tell me what it means?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

27 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

As a 15 year old using the word “pedantic” you have restored my faith in the American educational system. Now can you tell me what it means?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Haha! Just for the record, I'm homeschooled... we'll revoke that faith now...  

Edited by GB13

• 2 weeks later...

Spectacular day - still fighting a head cold or I would have played but did take it to the range. Hit it beautifully too

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I FINALLY got a chance to swing a golf club, and I had to come to Houston for work to be able to do it! We have had so much rain that our ranges haven’t been open for almost a month.

I bought a large bucket of about 80-100 balls. I was only allowed to hit off the mats, but the mats were pretty good. I started just hitting my 50* wedge, 1/2-3/4 shots to warm-up and work on getting the knuckles on my left hand to work down toward the mat at impact. I’d swing a bit, then grab my impact snap to solidify the feeling.

It then moved to full swings with the 50*, then the 8 iron, then driver, then 6 iron, and finally the 58*. The whole time I was working on what Mike Bender teaches on his Instagram account. I’ll tell you what... I haven’t flushed this many balls in a LONG time!!! Even the 6 iron! The ones I hit well had “that” sound the i210 makes when dead center is struck. So nice!
I was astonished at my accuracy. Looks like I’ll keep working on the Bender method!!! I’m stoked after leaving the range tonight!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

For me it’s little things that seen HUGE to me, but my buddies can’t tell.🙄

but, I’ve been trying to keep my face closed on the backswing.  It sure why, but I make great contact with my little baby draw, and good distance. It’s weird right?

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Took the new Ping G400 SFT out on course for a quick run at a very poor quality local muni while my daughter was doing some fitness work next door. Only got to hit it on 3 holes as it's not at all a driver friendly course.  

First 2 were misses straight left as I was still allowing for some fade, when I aimed up the middle , that's where they went. 

Worked on better posture throughout the bag, and getting shoulders square to target. It's starting to feel more normal, and ball flight is certainly straighter.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

39* and cloudy but not windy - so I got to go to the Range today. After hitting about 100 balls between my 7i, 9i and driver looks like I've got some more work to do to move forward on my 2019 objectives. At least the chipping I'm doing in my back yard is working. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Chipped and putted for half an hour after church on Sunday. Chipped in two in a row at one point - that doesn’t happen often. :)

I’m playing Friday with Sportsman - it will have been three weeks since my last round. Better bring a fresh dozen for that round at Bayou.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Hit full shots for the first time in two weeks for about an hour an the range. It went great and was fun. Beautiful afternoon, breezy and 75 degrees.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

After my 9 holes I did some chipping with my PW, and then did some putting drills. I really need to get these two aspects better as it’s where I lose strokes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Played 11 holes Christmas day between functions. Great weather and the new divot tool worked flawlessly!

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

It was supposed to be in the 60's here yesterday so I went over to the practice area and chipped and putted. First time I had held a club in about a month. Chipping was surprisingly good. Putting from inside 5' was deadly accurate, I couldn't make a thing from outside that range. It probably was about 50 with wind chill and I was freezing. The older I get the less tolerant of cold I get.  

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

It was supposed to be in the 60's here yesterday so I went over to the practice area and chipped and putted. First time I had held a club in about a month. Chipping was surprisingly good. Putting from inside 5' was deadly accurate, I couldn't make a thing from outside that range. It probably was about 50 with wind chill and I was freezing. The older I get the less tolerant of cold I get.  

That’s why God gave us places like Florida and Arizona. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

2 hours ago, revkev said:

That’s why God gave us places like Florida and Arizona. 🙂

So, why was it warmer at home here in the Pacific Northwest than it was when we were in Florida 3 years ago in January?  😉

Off to AZ in 3 weeks!!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

So, why was it warmer at home here in the Pacific Northwest than it was when we were in Florida 3 years ago in January?  
Off to AZ in 3 weeks!!!

You picked the wrong week - I’ve been in Scottsdale in January when there was freezing rain and sleet - that never happens here - ever - it was in the 50’s when you were here. It was 80 today.

So I could say who would want to ever go to Arizona in the winter but I’ve been there enough times to know that it’s often quite nice. I just had one bad experience🤫

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

1 hour ago, revkev said:

You picked the wrong week - I’ve been in Scottsdale in January when there was freezing rain and sleet - that never happens here - ever - it was in the 50’s when you were here. It was 80 today.

So I could say who would want to ever go to Arizona in the winter but I’ve been there enough times to know that it’s often quite nice. I just had one bad experience🤫

Yes, it was in the 50's and rained most of the two weeks I was there.  BTW, it was on the 60's here at home that week.

I picked the wrong week twice!  I was also in Orlando in January 2007, and it was cold then too.  Good thing I had warm clothes with me, as I was going to Columbus OH after Orlando, and it was below zero there!!

At least in AZ it's dry... most of the time.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 11/27/2018 at 6:59 PM, Kenny B said:

I didn't play well on Sunday; poor chipping and putting.  Yesterday I walked with guys at the club and played better; +2 on the front, then quit after #11 when it started raining.  Rained most of the night, but quit about sunup.  The course was wet, so today I decided to spend a couple of hours practicing.

After a short warmup on the range and hitting a few drivers, I went to the pitching area.  That was the worst part of my game this weekend. My tendency is to pull my shots left.  I know they are range balls, but I'm not working on how the ball reacts on the green.  I'm working on how straight to the target I can hit the ball. I hit a bucket of balls from 40 yards; OK but not great, so I picked them up and did it again.  I focused on making more of a turn on my backswing; better... here's the result.  Still have a way to go, but at least they aren't all to the left!!   FYI, I was aiming for the back pin.

IMG_0980.jpg

Ok not too bad - you can easily 3-putt most of those.... 😆

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

On 12/5/2018 at 4:47 AM, Mizuno_fan said:

When I’m practicing lag putting I like to be inside of 3 feet. I actually take a hula hoop with me and place it over the hole so the cup is centered. Then I take a piece of thread (usually green) around the inside of the hula hoop then remove hula hoop.
While I’m practicing my “lag putts” I cannot see the thread this forces me to still attempt to make these lag putts. A lot of people focus so hard on the lag they quit worrying about trying to make it, but at the end of the day a great lag is still a 2 putt. In order for me to move on to next rarer I need to make 12 in a row inside the thread. It’s nerve racking especially when you get to the 10th putt.
I’ll explain more of this in my actual post here if you’re interested.

You can put little "legs" on your hula hoop with carriage bolts or something similar - just tall enough for the ball to roll under! - then just place your "circle target" wherever you want it and putt away.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Should have gone to the course to play today,  but since I played yesterday I decided to hang out at home.   While watching some football I worked on putting.  Goals were: rolling the ball end over end, startline within 1* of error, and not taking my putter outside of the line on the way back for various length strokes.   

Here is my practice station:

1227769211_IMG_0402(Small).JPG.5c5260c3bef3455aabf0a1b4056ba347.JPG 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I received the MaxFli dual practice chipping net for Christmas so I decided to open it up and use it indoors in the hallway to work on my chipping.  This Illinois weather has me blue so I had to get my fix in somehow.  I have a perfect hallway for it so why not.  I was surprised when the boss came home and saw myself and the 3 year old chipping balls in the house nothing was said other than awe are you golfing with daddy......

Titleist 917 D2 9.5 Aldila Rogue Max Low X stiff flex 

Cobra F8+ 3-4 Wood 2knv green shaft 

Srixon U65 18 Steel Fiber i110x 

Srixon U65 4 iron Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120 X stiff

Srixon 765 5-PW Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120 X stiff flex standard length/ 1 degree flat

Vokey 52/56/60

Bettinardi SS28 Center Shafted Putter

Srixon Zstar XV 2019 

Right Handed

Champaign, IL

USGA handicap index 22.1

Twitter: @darrenp36

Instagram: @dpow36