TESTERS WANTED! ×

What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

Stopped by the range after work yesterday. Its that time in Florida - you know the 90/90 season, day after day of 90 degrees, 90 percent humidity.

So you have to carefully plan your range sessions - I wanted to warm up, hit representative shots through the bag, sequence a few holes, and warm down - 45 minutes total.

It went very well - my ball striking has been pretty good lately. As always I wish I had more time to practice/play in order to sharpen things up.

What I especially liked was that I effortlessly hit drive right at and past a flag that was 220 away. For many that seems simple enough but when I’m driving it over 225 and straight I start shooting lower scores as well.

For me there’s a huge correlation with that number, 225 and the number on my scorecard.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

On 5/25/2020 at 8:00 PM, yungkory said:

Hate the range, but bought that Mizuno CLK off eBay and wanted to get some swings in before putting it into play. Gotta say, it's the least left-biased hybrid I've ever tried, stupid easy to launch vs. the G410 Crossover, and seems to spin more keeping it in the air longer. Excited to get it in play.

I love the CLK hybrid! Mizuno has made the lie flatter to take the super draw bias out of play. Of course you can adjust through the adapter to go back upright. But man, those things are absolute rocket launchers and just go straight. Very repeatable distance too.

In my Vessel-removebg-preview.png.afd31301c874ee24a33a6c5f06f4ab98.png Lux XV Cart Bag:
Driver: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
Utility: callaway-golf-vector-logo-removebg-preview.png.1467fda9195e29c96aa5066f048e91b9.png Apex UW 17° and 19° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 6.0
4 Hybrid: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png KING LTDx 21° KBS PGI 85 Stiff
Irons: image.png.66179558e8e55b8b35b741c037395846.png ZX5/ZX7 Project X LZ 6.0
Wedges: image.png.620c54f7108fefbf49a94ba169f19081.png 2.0 49°, 53°, 57° Project X LZ 6.0
Putter:  logo-horizontal-black.svg LINK.1 34"
Ball: MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour (Thanks MGS for allowing me to test these!)

Check out my Official MGS Reviews Below!
:skycaddie: LX5 Watch - Link Here!

MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour and TourX Golf Balls - Link Here!

image.png.28a3be9c497202cfc8176faecf8777ad.png Approach S70 Watch - Link Here!

IMG_1386.thumb.JPG.17bdfac38f2dbbb45fb3d023d7589b53.JPG

Fast for a guy who was swinging 85 with the driver last March. Amazing what dropping 40 lbs. and working out along with half a Super Speed protocol in the books will do.

That’s inspiring stuff.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

Hit the range bc my buddy got new sticks and wanted to try them out .. So today I worked on hitting the spot I wanted .. it was hard but learned a lot about my swing and shot put couple balls within feet of where I aimed so was a positive day on the range 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

Texted a bunch with my coach to get an idea of how to correct what I have going on, then went to the range. Honestly, I hit it well. Hit 50 balls just doing basic drills. Then I did full shots with various clubs. Then randomly grabbed clubs hitting to targets, then finished hitting 40 balls with the Tour Striker Smart Ball between the elbows rotating through the clubs, hitting to targets. A good day at the range!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Warm morning got out early to hit a few balls.
Started w new toy Orange Whip which felt really good to stretch/warmup and not overdo it.
Hit maybe 25/30 8 Irons @ net then same amount hybrids which have been my big weakness lately.
Then went and chipped/putted for 30 minutes and back home B4 gets too hot.
So far impressed w OW.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

3 hour grind session on Saturday evening. Hit (5 or 6?) big buckets of flat footed SW and 9-iron and then spent ~30 min chipping/putting at the short game complex. All these focused wedge sessions over the past week are really starting to tighten up my dispersion numbers. I was absolutely filling up the (5’ x 7’) net at 75 yds. Canned 3 in-a-row for you guys in this little clip.

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

Hit some 35-75 yard 56°... love it!

IMG_7777.thumb.JPG.e11ae86fcf44e7cb8d53e969368fff30.JPG

And then some 25 yard sand shots...

IMG_7776.thumb.JPG.efce4be9f7d0a5da9f7ab1fdf5fbe4a9.JPG

Think I’m gonna order me a batch of -V1x finally.
Oh man.. that your Tour B? You been chipping hand grenades or what?

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

Oh man.. that your Tour B? You been chipping hand grenades or what?

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

Yeah. It’s the beach club. It got tore up really bad last summer. I hit a ball out of my yard and wanted to cry. Just destroyed the leading edge. So I had to let it go...

14 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Yeah. It’s the beach club. It got tore up really bad last summer. I hit a ball out of my yard and wanted to cry. Just destroyed the leading edge. So I had to let it go... emoji22.png

I just recently had to move my Bridgestone 56° into the firing line. What a great, versatile club though! I currently cary 2 56° wedges. My new Maltby TSW is my primary wedge. Similar grind and slightly better performance,  and my Bridgestone is my bruiser for crap lies and waste area shots.. which we have plenty of here in AZ. Probably won't be long before it looks like yours. 

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

I just recently had to move my Bridgestone 56° into the firing line. What a great, versatile club though! I currently cary 2 56° wedges. My new Maltby TSW is my primary wedge. Similar grind and slightly better performance,  and my Bridgestone is my bruiser for crap lies and waste area shots.. which we have plenty of here in AZ. Probably won't be long before it looks like yours. 

My golf disorder is kicking in.

I gotsta have a brand new bag. Missed out on the first go of the PING Tour Hoofer. On the look out for a ping 3,5,7 wood.

Trying to convince the wife that I should donate the PXG and get a G410.

Mix matched set just doesn’t sit right in my head for some reason.

Doing flop shots within a club length of my 6 foot fence because why not. Did it first try then I decided to video it and first three were a no go so I hit it softer and boom right over, barely but over.
20200601_113033_1.gif.b1c563662de34cdec39dc7a699e7b150.gif

I would probably put out my front teeth if I tried that

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

45 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

Doing flop shots within a club length of my 6 foot fence because why not. Did it first try then I decided to video it and first three were a no go so I hit it softer and boom right over, barely but over.

20200601_113033_1.gif

You're a brave man, I would probably end up with a serious injury doing that. 

1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

You're a brave man, I would probably end up with a serious injury doing that. 

Brave or stupid lol... I prefer confident 

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

I would probably put out my front teeth if I tried thatemoji12.png

I got some fake front teeth from hockey so it's fitting if that would happen 

Worked on getting my downswing closer to on plane, trying to pull it down vs swinging out and let my hips/body do the swinging part.  

Also worked on swinging 75-80% to gain control.  

Also busted out a 4i, I may put it in the bag for a round.  Seems straighter than the hybrid.  Lower flight but straight, just need to get more reps.  Good shots felt awesome

:cobra-small:   RADspeed 10.5, :projectx: Evenflow Riptide CB 6.0s

:cobra-small:  Bio Cell 3/4w, :projectx: PXV 6.0s; AMP 3h 19deg Aldila RIP R.  Bio Cell 4h 22.5deg :projectx: PXV R. 

:titleist-small:          2021/22 T200 5-7, T100 8-P (bent 1deg strong), :projectx: LZ 5.5 

:cleveland-small:      CBX-2 50/11 

:taylormade-small:   ATV 56/16deg 

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Impact No.3 Align putter

:Arccos:     Caddie for tracking.     

:titelist-small:            Pro V1X balls

Previous forum tests:

2019: Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips, Lynx Black Cat 5-PW.    2020:  :skycaddie: LX5 Watch.    2021:  :1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact #3 Align putter

I gotta say - one thing that's come out of this lockdown is the build-out of my home practice station. It is nice to be able to go hit balls into a net with a personal LM whenever I want. I do it nearly every night and I've noticed a couple of things about my stance, tempo, tension, balance and working on those has really helped. 

Shot a PR of 75 during my last round and all of the nightly practice has made a difference. Would love to see some ranges open but I don't think I'll be giving this up anytime soon.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

2 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

I gotta say - one thing that's come out of this lockdown is the build-out of my home practice station. It is nice to be able to go hit balls into a net with a personal LM whenever I want. I do it nearly every night and I've noticed a couple of things about my stance, tempo, tension, balance and working on those has really helped. 

Shot a PR of 75 during my last round and all of the nightly practice has made a difference. Would love to see some ranges open but I don't think I'll be giving this up anytime soon.

Possibly June 8th for ranges is the talk on the street these days around here. Need to get to Cassidy clubhouse for some work! No back yard LM for me yet 🤦‍♂️
what was the biggest aspect so far that you have seen that you worked on that’s helped?

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Just now, Lacassem said:

Possibly June 8th for ranges is the talk on the street these days around here. Need to get to Cassidy clubhouse for some work! No back yard LM for me yet 🤦‍♂️
what was the biggest aspect so far that you have seen that you worked on that’s helped?

We need to get you, Stroker, Boston and I together for 18.  Name the time and place and I'll be there.  Still can't get you guys into RI but I can play is Mass.  

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Just now, GolfSpy Stroker said:

That is good to hear.  I really need to focus on practice with my home set up and not screwing around all the time.  

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

6 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

I think it's been both my stance - I was bent too far forward and my butt was beyond my heels - a bit more upright is better for me - and my tempo. I didn't really think about it too much and was way off.

Both have allowed me to take a more complete swing and finish in balance with a proper follow-through.

I'm about 5 minutes from Cassidy and go to that part of Medway all the time. I saw them painting the other day and thought it was open... 😞 Hoping it opens soon. Apparently McGolf in Dedham is open now and they're just paying the fine.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

7 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

We need to get you, Stroker, Boston and I together for 18.  Name the time and place and I'll be there.  Still can't get you guys into RI but I can play is Mass.  

@B.Boston @Lacassem - what do you guys think. Should we show @Wedgie how we roll in MA ??  😉

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

2 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

@B.Boston @Lacassem - what do you guys think. Should we show @Wedgie how we roll in MA ??  😉

I think a nice beautiful day at highfields CC is in order! Break out these G710s so you guys can check them out!

i am pretty flexible schedule wise and will play any course!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

Just now, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Okay, here we go!  I may even game a Top Flite ball to make you guys feel worse when it's all over.

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

2 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

Okay, here we go!  I may even game a Top Flite ball to make you guys feel worse when it's all over.

Her we go......I’m screenshotting this for later so you can’t edit it lol!

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

Just now, Lacassem said:

I think a nice beautiful day at highfields CC is in order! Break out these G710s so you guys can check them out!

i am pretty flexible schedule wise and will play any course!

Looks like Friday or Sunday are the days to play.  If any one of you three beat me I'll hook you up in RI when it's allowed.

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Just now, Lacassem said:

Her we go......I’m screenshotting this for later so you can’t edit it lol!

I play hybrid irons, you think I care about the ball I play?

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Just getting caught up I think a match is definitely in order!  @Wedgie would you use a 2019 Callaway Chrome Soft then? 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

26 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

Looks like Friday or Sunday are the days to play.  If any one of you three beat me I'll hook you up in RI when it's allowed.

Just got an email from Metacomet that as of June 1st MA golfers can travel to RI.  🤩

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0