jlukes

What/How did you practice today?

Our Sponsors

7 hours?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ya the beauty of being an employee! Didn’t cost me a cent other then all the food and beers I consumed all day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, jfergus7 said:

Ya the beauty of being an employee! Didn’t cost me a cent other then all the food and beers I consumed all day!

Bring on the Advil! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

Bring on the Advil! 

Honestly not that bad. Back was a tad stiff but way better then I thought it would be!

• Like 2

Honestly not that bad. Back was a tad stiff but way better then I thought it would be!

I’d be in traction !

• Haha 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Did another SP workout practice session after today. My doctor approved CBD oil or cream for use although she said the oil brings mixed results where as the cream always works for arthritis pain. So I went cream.

Happy to report I’m pain free after the workout and way more balls than I originally intended because I felt good and wanted to hit some balls while tired. I’ve walked the last couple of times that I’ve played so I walked from the car to the back range - that’s 3 solid holes and then back in - plus I walked around between my last series of shots - I did 5 sequences of driver, 7 wood and 58 alternating that one between a flag at 76 and another at 62 - the 75 is a comfortable 58 for me - the 62 is trickier.

Prior to that I hit 15 drives, 15 7 irons, 15 wedges and 5 7 woods.

Feeling good -

• Like 5

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Alpha Distanza 40 weak R flex shaft

Tour Exotics EX 10 3 wood

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

It was 28* today, so I practiced with a bottle of Old Grand Dad Bonded. I think I got it to where it's repeatable.

You’re probably feeling good, too!

• Like 3

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Alpha Distanza 40 weak R flex shaft

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

I had a game planned for Saturday and my playing partner was not able to make it. With Christmas coming up, he had family obligations to take care of. So the round was postponed and since I didn't feel like playing solo, I decided to hit the range today.

I'm still working on more consistency with my irons. I didn't find the center of the face as well as last week but I did tend to mis-hit consistently. Although I was a bit toward the heel.

8 iron
20191208_142911-01.jpeg

6 iron (a little more erratic)
20191208_143533-01.jpeg

4 iron
20191208_144307-01.jpeg

One thing I will say about SGI clubs is that I was seeing good launch and a minimal loss of distance. I still need to work on alignment and try to become more accurate.

After the range session, it was back to the putting green working on greenside chips and putting from where they landed, trying to cut down on three putts. My best results are here:

20191208_152534-01.jpeg

I did hit one a little hot that ended up on the other side of the green. That was a three putt.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3

Heavy rains so I hit the range. Soent two hours on a large bucket working on mostly my 3w and 5w (forgot driver) off the tee as Ive been struggling a bit. 

Messed with stance width and ball position. Ive widened my stance substantially and I feel the outcome of that wasnt beneficial with the woods as they were with the irons. 

Narrowed myself  and taking more of a Greg Norman  stance. Very happy with the adjustment. 

• Like 3

DRIVER: Titleist 905R S 10.5

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha XS

Irons- Titleist 716 AP1 S 1/2 over 2 degrees upright

Vokey SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Learned 3 very important things today.

1. I respond much better to a dynamic warmup with the heavier, red SuperSpeed club.

2. CBD cream works - I forgot to apply it before hitting balls and my elbow flared up. It feels great now that I’ve applied the cream.

3. After playing around with driver, 2 different shafts, a variety of settings the one that my Ping long game fitter fit me for was clearly the best.

• Like 6

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

Had a literally 50-50 range session yesterday, evenly split b/w... "Whoa! That was good!" and "Whoa! WTF!!”

7i and down were firmly in the first category while all the longer clubs were the WTFs..... (..an interesting flip-flip from my last few on-course experiences).

But I credit the good stuff to recent lessons (at a Golftec; informal review to be posted soon) so I plan on practicing practicing practicing the scoring clubs (while expanding the lesson scope to the longer clubs).

And, yes - all the while continuing to work on the short game and on putting!

• Like 4

WITB of an "aspiring" 😉 play-ah ...

Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*; Tensei CK Blue)
Tour Edge Exotics EXS 7W (Tensei CK Blue)

Callaway Big Bertha 4H (Recoil ZTR)
Tour Edge HL4 #4 iron-wood (UST Mamiya)
Callaway Big Bertha CF19 6i (Recoil ZTR) / Apex CF16 7i-PW (Recoil ES 760)
Hogan Equalizer 50/54/58 black (Recoil ES 760 black SmacWrap)
Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g)

...all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

On 12/7/2019 at 2:40 PM, silver & black said:

It was 28* today, so I practiced with a bottle of Old Grand Dad Bonded. I think I got it to where it's repeatable.

I should have practiced with you!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Learned 3 very important things today.

1. I respond much better to a dynamic warmup with the heavier, red SuperSpeed club.

2. CBD cream works - I forgot to apply it before hitting balls and my elbow flared up. It feels great now that I’ve applied the cream.

3. After playing around with driver, 2 different shafts, a variety of settings the one that my Ping long game fitter fit me for was clearly the best.

“We” went to a CBD “informative session” today run partially by our neighbor.
It was a slightly disguised MLM scheme bordering on Pyramid Scheme.
I’ll discuss with my real Doc Thursday.
Ridiculous pricing.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

“We” went to a CBD “informative session” today run partially by our neighbor.
It was a slightly disguised MLM scheme bordering on Pyramid Scheme.
I’ll discuss with my real Doc Thursday.
Ridiculous pricing.

It's available everywhere here in Ohio. I'd be interested in what your doctor has to say about it..

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

Preparing for my ACT exam, so I’m practicing a s***load of math that I’m never going to actually use in the real world. 

• Like 4

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

11 hours ago, GB13 said:

Preparing for my ACT exam, so I’m practicing a s***load of math that I’m never going to actually use in the real world. 

You don't know that.  Depends on what you want to do in life.  

I didn't have to take any tests to get into college, but I loved math.  I was a math major until my sophomore year, then changed to chemistry... still used math.  Throughout my career I used math in ways I couldn't have guessed at your age.  

Today I use it every day I play golf...  -1 for birdie, 0 for par, +1 for bogey, +2 for double.  Much easier to add up my score than all those 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 scores!  🤣

Good luck!!

• Like 6

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Got is a very sold round of off the tee shots.  Yardage was solid; no real out of this world milage appeared, however.  I am getting a real feel for the G410+ and have not felt any urge to change any settings

• Like 1

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 Super Bowl Champions Bag  :  :ping: G410 Plus, Alta Red CB 55 SR Flex, GX-7 14º(acting as a 3 wood),  :ping:   G400 4H, 5H. Sr Flex,   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges graphite SR Shafts (50º, 56º, 60º),  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g :bridgestone: e12 for the items I try to hit on purposematte red, so I can see them. :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

9 hours ago, Kenny B said:

You don't know that.  Depends on what you want to do in life.  

I didn't have to take any tests to get into college, but I loved math.  I was a math major until my sophomore year, then changed to chemistry... still used math.  Throughout my career I used math in ways I couldn't have guessed at your age.  

Today I use it every day I play golf...  -1 for birdie, 0 for par, +1 for bogey, +2 for double.  Much easier to add up my score than all those 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 scores!  🤣

Good luck!!

Thank you Kenny! I appreciate the insight of someone with more extensive life experience, it helps me look at this in a different light. I don’t really have any idea what the next few years will bring, or any clear plans (yet) for my future. That should come into focus in the next few  years. I shouldn’t be looking at the things I’m learning today from a short-term perspective. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Thank you Kenny! I appreciate the insight of someone with more extensive life experience, it helps me look at this in a different light. I don’t really have any idea what the next few years will bring, or any clear plans (yet) for my future. That should come into focus in the next few  years. I shouldn’t be looking at the things I’m learning today from a short-term perspective. 

Don’t overlook anything in school. Math was not one of my favorites but I needed it everyday at work especially Trig.
You’ll be fine.

• Like 5

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

16 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Don’t overlook anything in school. Math was not one of my favorites but I needed it everyday at work especially Trig.
You’ll be fine.

And when you (and I) were in school they told us we would not have a calculator with us everywhere went so we needed to learn how to do the math.  Guess what,  I  have a calculator with me every day 🙂 

@GB13depending on what you what to do from a profession standpoint you will probably need math skills.  

• Like 7

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG