What/How did you practice today?

Our Sponsors

2 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Nice stuff Mark! I knew you were faster than me but I was hoping it wasn’t by that much.

Hopefully you don’t learn how to swing up or I’m going to be in trouble. emoji23.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can’t teach an old dog new tricks is still ringing true for me, you’re safe for now, but I’m trying!

• Like 3

Follow my overall Vegan transition here

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hard to think of a cheaper training aid than some foot spray... Worth every penny

Finally got to do some “chipping” after what seems forever. Was pleased with results after 4+ months. Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Sorry, missed this. Here ya go.

Posted Images

Can’t teach an old dog new tricks is still ringing true for me, you’re safe for now, but I’m trying!

Hopefully we will get out there soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6X

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x vs :Snell: MTB-X vs :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

#cuetheduckboats

Been working through some swing faults and finally found a drill/feel that felt very intuitive. It was from Monte Scheinblum and I am currently working with him, so it wasn't some random youtube clip. The drill/feel is to separate the left shoulder from the chin at the start of the downswing. This literally fixed the majority of my swing issues of my head moving forward, my body moving toward the target too much, my hips spinning too much, etc.

First four swings in my backyard with this feel, all flushed, called it a day after that. If I had continued, I would have started to think about other things and then it would have went downhill from there. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 12/27/2020
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Nippon Modus 120 S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - KBS Hi-Rev S
Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER2

Spent some time today messing around with alignment sticks, trying to make my brain feel where my shoulders are really pointed at address.

I kept replaying my round yesterday, and my last lesson from February, trying to figure out what happened to get me moving so steep/left with everything.

As I've known before, but let lapse, what I feel as shoulders square to my target line at address is actually probably close to 25 degrees open. Which explains a lot of my problems yesterday.

I need to work on an approach to the ball that allows me to set my shoulders slightly closed as my instructor had told me to do.

• Like 3

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 9.7 (Last Updated Nov. 27, 2020)

Driver: cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme (10.5°, Draw), 44.5", Aldila Rogue Silver 60 (110 MSI) Stiff
17° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Super Hybrid, 41.5", Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange 80 Hybrid Stiff
21° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Flash, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Silver Hybrid Stiff
5-7:  
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra SpeedZone, 2° Flat, 37" 7 Iron, KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff
7-GW:  maltby_logo.png.c889f4bebd3ab94fe9c37e77ba6c0c55.png Maltby PTM Chrome, 1° Flat, 37" 7 Iron, KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff
54°, 58°:
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING MIM Black, 3° Flat, -1/2" (54°), -1/4" (58°), KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3°
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: :Arccos: Arccos / Cobra Connect
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8

2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

Just now, edingc said:

Spent some time today messing around with alignment sticks, trying to make my brain feel where my shoulders are really pointed at address.

I kept replaying my round yesterday, and my last lesson from February, trying to figure out what happened to get me moving so steep/left with everything.

As I've known before, but let lapse, what I feel as shoulders square to my target line at address is actually probably close to 25 degrees open. Which explains a lot of my problems yesterday.

I need to work on an approach to the ball that allows me to set my shoulders slightly closed as my instructor had told me to do.

I've been trying to do this too.  Something that helps me is after I set up I feel like I tuck my right elbow in a little bit to and it pulls my shoulders closed/serves as a good checkpoint.

• Like 3

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6X

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x vs :Snell: MTB-X vs :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

#cuetheduckboats

15 minutes ago, edingc said:

Don't want to interfere with your lessons. 

I'm going to guess that when you stand up normally your shoulders are square with your hips and your feet, look for something that causes you to set up open.

What is your current approach to setting up? 

13 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

I've been trying to do this too.  Something that helps me is after I set up I feel like I tuck my right elbow in a little bit to and it pulls my shoulders closed/serves as a good checkpoint.

It could be something as simple as this or along those lines...

• Like 3

:taylormade-small:             SIM 9.5* (GD XC 6X) 

:taylormade-small:             SIM 15* (GD DI 7X) 

:taylormade-small:             2 DHY (GD DI HY8X)

:srixon-small:                     Z585 4-5 (KBS C Taper S)

:srixon-small:                     Z785 6-PW (KBS C Taper S)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey  SM8 49 08 F ( KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 59 04 L   (KBS 610)

:bettinardi-1:                Studio Stock 28 Slotback 33.5"

:bridgestone-small:       Tour BX

:Arccos:

Twitter         @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

2 hours ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Don't want to interfere with your lessons. 

I'm going to guess that when you stand up normally your shoulders are square with your hips and your feet, look for something that causes you to set up open.

What is your current approach to setting up? 

It could be something as simple as this or along those lines...

Yes, and no on the shoulders. My right shoulder droops forward naturally. Which sets me somewhat open to my feet/hip line. I believe it comes from working in IT and using a mouse all day. 

Regarding the setup, my issue seems to be a predisposition to reaching my right arm up and over to the grip. Which gets my elbow up and pointed back instead of being soft and closer to my hip.

I watched an old Crossfield video about letting the right hand come to the club from beneath/behind, which seems to help me get setup with more square shoulders.

My instructor gave me a checkpoint of bringing able to see my left elbow at address from a behind down-the-line view.

• Like 2

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 9.7 (Last Updated Nov. 27, 2020)

Driver: cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme (10.5°, Draw), 44.5", Aldila Rogue Silver 60 (110 MSI) Stiff
17° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Super Hybrid, 41.5", Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange 80 Hybrid Stiff
21° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Flash, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Silver Hybrid Stiff
5-7:  
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra SpeedZone, 2° Flat, 37" 7 Iron, KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff
7-GW:  maltby_logo.png.c889f4bebd3ab94fe9c37e77ba6c0c55.png Maltby PTM Chrome, 1° Flat, 37" 7 Iron, KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff
54°, 58°:
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING MIM Black, 3° Flat, -1/2" (54°), -1/4" (58°), KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3°
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: :Arccos: Arccos / Cobra Connect
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8

2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

On 4/29/2020 at 7:48 PM, edingc said:

Yes, and no on the shoulders. My right shoulder droops forward naturally. Which sets me somewhat open to my feet/hip line. I believe it comes from working in IT and using a mouse all day. 

Regarding the setup, my issue seems to be a predisposition to reaching my right arm up and over to the grip. Which gets my elbow up and pointed back instead of being soft and closer to my hip.

I watched an old Crossfield video about letting the right hand come to the club from beneath/behind, which seems to help me get setup with more square shoulders.

My instructor gave me a checkpoint of bringing able to see my left elbow at address from a behind down-the-line view.

I have a similar setup problem, ie. tendency to set up open. And similarly to you, I was recently taught to mind the right .. my trail .. elbow at address in that it's not higher than the lead (left) elbow - which sounds alike to your instructor's advice. So now all we need to do is remember to get that setup right with every shot 😉

Also last summer my wife and I were at a Nancy Lopez clinic and she mentioned to me .. while in my setup position .. to hold everything steady and then turn my head to look over my left (lead) shoulder to see where it was pointing; eg. is it too far left of the intended target?

• Like 2

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*) and EXS 7W (both Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway Super Hybrid 23 (PX Catalyst) and Big Bertha 19 5H (Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g, P2 Reflex Tour)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

Finally got around to cobbling together a better foundation for my putting mat so I can use the entire length of it; before I was maxed out at about 6 feet, now it's 8' 6". Also have found a long piece of ply for the stance area, so I don't have to keep moving that small piece. I use the right side - into the small hole - for longer putts from like 5' out to 8' 6", and then have two 3-foot setups on the left. The 3-footer closer to the hole (further from the camera) goes up the ramp and seems to simulate the ffort needed on slower greens while the one closer to the camera, using the PuttOut, seems to simulate faster greens.

20200424_174904.thumb.jpg.b26a293680d37a3f451e36b9055f8377.jpg

• Like 2

We had one of those infrequent lately sunny and warm days recently so I dug around the garage and brought out the heretofore unused BirdieBall limited flight practice "balls". The pic isn't great but you can see they're firm plastic cylinders (beveled at each end), which you set upright on the BirdieBall strike pad (which has foam underneath and a flexible ramp at the hitting end to absorb the shock of the club strike).

Not sure if it was me?, my setup?, the way I was hitting them?, or the BirdieBalls themselves and the way they fly on partial shots? (maybe these little guys are intended to be used on full shots?), or ___?? but a lot of my short pitch shots .. about 18ish yards in this shot .. were going left on me (there are a bunch of them around the tree, while my target was at the right edge of the tree's shadow...).

20200428_132253.thumb.jpg.b9c4f5e8fbdb4c9d4e3238012627d6bc.jpg

Anyhow, it was fun to do something different .. OUTSIDE OF THE GARAGE!!! .. and I played around with chipping and pitching with the same club to different targets.

• Like 2

Took the lovely Laura to the range at Bayou after videoing our weekend service to make a swing video for the Motore test.

It’s a spectacular day. High 70’s nice breeze, range packed.

Since it’s a private club the ropes are a suggestion beyond don’t go in front or behind so we found room towards the side of the range but even that filled in as I warmed up and see set up. After about a dozen swings I hit a couple of drivers - crushed the second one - 96 mph SS, 241 on swing caddie. Pulled that device away and said lets do this.

The guys around me saw I was making a video and watched as I set up and just smoked one - I got a hand and a couple of “great swings.”

As I left I told them it was a MGS video - so then one of the guys down the range came over and said he reads our content all the time. He must be a new summer member because I didn’t know him but I told him he should join the forum.

I absolutely clobbered that ball, dead straight with a 12 mph left to right in cross wind, the camera and the gallery all there to distract me.

Im very pleased!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 7

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

loving the new swing caddie SC300.... I haven't had much chance to play with it due to the rain but the weather was halfway decent tonight.

I noticed it records the number of balls you hit.

193... 😳

This will probably cut my range visits in half. 

• Like 6

G410 LST | King F7 | 818 H2 | Srixon Z785 | ZipCore | Newport 3

Hit a large bucket tonight and worked mostly on woods, hybrid, and long iron. Playing with 2 different 3 wood trying to figure which one I hit better. My 4h was magic, but then year I cant find consistent magic. I think its my set uo and ball placement. 

I did hit a Titleist MB driving iron the shop was selling. Didnt love it or hate it. Just not really sure of the point of the club really with the exception of maybe keeping sonething low and out of the wind. 

I caught myself leaking things right mid bucket and had to evalate what was going on. Then I remembered to tel myself to "swing the damn club". Problem solved. 

• Like 3

DRIVER: Titleist 905R S 10.5

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha XS

Irons- Titleist 716 AP1 S 1/2 over 2 degrees upright

Vokey SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Did some putting work with the PuttOut system. Followed my normal routine of starting with the mirror and gate at 3 feet. Started atrociously, couldn't get the ball through the gate. I normally go until I get 3 through without any contact. The most attempts I've needed recently is 5, couldn't get any through today so I moved on to the pressure trainer.

Strangely, after a poor start I got things going. Took a total of 10 putts from a perfect putt at 3 feet to have perfect putts at 4,5 and 6 feet.

I can't remember the last time I missed a putt on the pressure test, it would be several 100 putts ago.

• Like 4

:ping-small:  G400 SFT Aldila Xtorsion Copper Stiff
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:mizuno-small: S18 Wedges 50,54,58
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Short game for me yesterday - I'm trying hard to put a golf club in my hand for something everyday.  I'm about to leave work and will do a SuperSpeed workout - range tomorrow - Thursday could be tricky because they are starting to aerate courses in our area and it would be a short game day, typically.

• Like 6

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

I was chipping and putting for about an hour yesterday. Somehow, I developed Iron arms again from short distances. So I’ve bee trying to not be tense around those little 20 yard chips.

I followed that up with a chip and putt game. Just pick a spot, chip to hole and try to one putt from there.

EVNROLL still performs marvelous, to loosely quote Billy Crystal

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Mizuno JPX EZ 3W, 14U

Cobra Fly-Z Hybrid 18.5

Titleist 816 H1 23

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

Startline practice with the putter.  Felt a little off with the putter the past couple of week so I wanted to make sure that i was starting the ball online.  Was pushing the ball a bit and realized I had crept to far over the.  Got a little more inside the ball and was better at rolling the ball through the gate.  Seemed to help during my golf league match today.  

• Like 3

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I received my Pressure Trainer from PuttOut yesterday and have been obsessively rolling putts in the basement on my rollout mat.

I haven't hit a perfect putt yet, but the design of the trainer makes it so you want to hit those putts over and over. I'm excited to see if all the extra time with the putter in my hand helps.

I also began experimenting with having my right hand low and am seeing less putts with me leaving the face open. TBD if it translates to results on the course, but something I started tinkering with.

• Like 3

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH - Aldila Synergy Blue 50 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        :taylormade-small: TP5x

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Currently Testing: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Put alignment rods about 5 feet apart and my shag bag at 25 feet;  did the ladder drill landing between each of the sticks.  Definitely an area that needs more work;  at least it was a beautiful day. 

IMG_0526.JPG.a09e857482e22ba7f9d72ff1a5c05708.JPG

• Like 4

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG