What/How did you practice today?

Our Sponsors

Hit the range to try and straighten myself off the tee since Im pulling the ball which isnt my normal miss.

Checked alignment, sway, ball placement, and all my normal stuff and got zero improvement. In fact, might have made it worse. Even found its way to my iron. First time in a very long time my frustration got to me

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

DRIVER: Titleist 905R S 10.5

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha XS

Irons- Titleist 716 AP1 S 1/2 over 2 degrees upright

Vokey SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hard to think of a cheaper training aid than some foot spray... Worth every penny

Finally got to do some “chipping” after what seems forever. Was pleased with results after 4+ months. Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Sorry, missed this. Here ya go.

Posted Images

while bashing balls into the back of the net for hours on end since every range in the entire northeast is closed I realized that something is just...off....

of course the ball flight was like 3-4 yards in front of me so every shot was perfectly on line but even then it just seemed that something was amiss.

So, I did it, I paid 25 bucks for the tour tempo app..... I'd been looking at it and considering it for a couple weeks now and I just kept telling myself that 25 was way too steep for an app. c'mon, it can't be that good....but....I was getting bored and would have paid that much after going to the range a few times (note the subtle justification in my mind) so I bought it.

First thing I see is a warning that it was built on an older version of Android and might not work... NOT A GOOD START - and there was the refund button staring me right in the face.

I'd gone this far and couldn't turn back.

It's hokey, the music is meh, the tones aren't the most pleasant sounds I've heard..... BUT MAN IS IT EFFECTIVE. 
Of course I immediately started it right up and was all over the place so I decided to watch the 3 minute videos on how to use it.

Once I got the gist of it everything fell into place - I realized my prior tempo was probably 1.5ish : 1 and it should be 3:1... soon I was making what seemed to be a REAL swing that felt like I knew what I was doing....and my Swing Caddie agreed. My smash factors were pretty consistently in the 1.4 range and I might have just spent the best 25.00 on a golf related app I ever could.

Now if I can only find a way to get out onto a course and repeat it....everything looks and feels good when you have a 10x7 net that is 4 yards in front of you.

• Like 8

G410 LST | King F7 | 818 H2 | Srixon Z785 | ZipCore | Newport 3

Just now, GolfSpy Stroker said:

while bashing balls into the back of the net for hours on end since every range in the entire northeast is closed I realized that something is just...off....

of course the ball flight was like 3-4 yards in front of me so every shot was perfectly on line but even then it just seemed that something was amiss.

So, I did it, I paid 25 bucks for the tour tempo app..... I'd been looking at it and considering it for a couple weeks now and I just kept telling myself that 25 was way too steep for an app. c'mon, it can't be that good....but....I was getting bored and would have paid that much after going to the range a few times (note the subtle justification in my mind) so I bought it.

First thing I see is a warning that it was built on an older version of Android and might not work... NOT A GOOD START - and there was the refund button staring me right in the face.

I'd gone this far and couldn't turn back.

It's hokey, the music is meh, the tones aren't the most pleasant sounds I've heard..... BUT MAN IS IT EFFECTIVE. 
Of course I immediately started it right up and was all over the place so I decided to watch the 3 minute videos on how to use it.

Once I got the gist of it everything fell into place - I realized my prior tempo was probably 1.5ish : 1 and it should be 3:1... soon I was making what seemed to be a REAL swing that felt like I knew what I was doing....and my Swing Caddie agreed. My smash factors were pretty consistently in the 1.4 range and I might have just spent the best 25.00 on a golf related app I ever could.

Now if I can only find a way to get out onto a course and repeat it....everything looks and feels good when you have a 10x7 net that is 4 yards in front of you.

Thanks for the input on the app.  I bought the app a few years ago and although I never actually hit a ball with it I practiced my tempo quite a bit for about a week then forgot about it.  I think I'll fire it back up again tonight and see how it goes.

• Like 3

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-G

:cleveland-small: - CBX 52 and 56

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Putting, putting and more putting. Got the club rack sorted and now I have my birdie ball green put back in its place so I can roll putts whenever I want. I am dedicated to the long putter for the season but still working with the short one just to try and figure out where I went wrong from good putting to poor putting. Nice and relaxing to be down in the golf room with some music and no kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

Backyard short game range --  3 targets, 3 clubs.

20200512_133449.thumb.jpg.cec3056f27dac6dbae7243428761fc8a.jpg

Used one club at a time (54, PW, 8i) to each of the targets (yes: hula hoops! at about 5-10-15 paces off the edge of the patio), working on a ladder "out" and then back "in"; and then rotated thru the three clubs to a single target at a time. Distance control was mostly pretty good, not outstanding but not too horrible .. only a few badly short or long, and left-right dispersion ended up pretty good also. Fingers crossed this good stuff carries over to the real thing!

• Like 9

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*) and EXS 7W (both Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway Super Hybrid 23 (PX Catalyst) and Big Bertha 19 5H (Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g, P2 Reflex Tour)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

My hitting net finally showed up yesterday! I was too excited to try it out that I forgot to snap pictures.

I worked with my SC200 and was really just working on the best set up for the ball to not fly over the net and still have the monitor pick up carry distance, SS, and smash factor. Took a few configurations, but got everything set up and working well.

I focused on low point contact by putting a piece of tape on the hitting mat about 4" behind the ball. It was a good visual cue to work on ball first contact. Now I just gotta get some foot spray to help with improving my strike.

• Like 3

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH - Aldila Synergy Blue 50 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        :taylormade-small: TP5x

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Currently Testing: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Went through almost 3 buckets on the driving range.  I made some decent progress with simple ball striking by realizing what my body was doing that was incorrect.  I kept falling to the right as I went through the downstroke.  Once I stopped that, topped shots went away.  I'm going to have to break down and pay for some swing lessons though. I can't cure my slice on my own.  I had 9 holes back in February where it was nonexistent, but I don't know what came and went with my swing.

• Like 2

Driver: Cobra Speedzone 10.5 Mitsubishi AV Blue S flex

Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue (low launch original version) S flex

Hybrids: Taylormade GAPR 3 KBS graphite shaft

Strata 4 and 5 hybrids R flex

Irons: Strata 6-PW R flex

Wedges: Texan Classics 52, 56, 60 R flex

Putter: Odyssey Red Ball mallet

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour

On 5/1/2020 at 6:39 PM, GolfSpy Stroker said:

loving the new swing caddie SC300.... I haven't had much chance to play with it due to the rain but the weather was halfway decent tonight.

I noticed it records the number of balls you hit.

193... 😳

This will probably cut my range visits in half. 

Got it.

IMG_20200512_185807.jpg

• Like 6

G410 LST | King F7 | 818 H2 | Srixon Z785 | ZipCore | Newport 3

Working on everything from my lesson Tuesday - grip adjustment, setting up further from the ball, more forward press at address, etc. Lots of small tweaks that seem to be encouraging a nice draw flight with foam and wiffles. Hoping to get to the range Saturday evening to confirm with range balls, but we'll see what the day holds.

Amazing what getting the weight off my heels does for my swing.

My Mevo recorded a 126 MPH ball speed 7 iron during my lesson. I really want to hit 130 before this year is over.

Edit ... Should add that I fired up my Tour Tempo app also. Forgot how useful it is.

• Like 2

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 9.7 (Last Updated Nov. 27, 2020)

Driver: cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme (10.5°, Draw), 44.5", Aldila Rogue Silver 60 (110 MSI) Stiff
17° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Super Hybrid, 41.5", Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange 80 Hybrid Stiff
21° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Flash, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Silver Hybrid Stiff
5-7:  
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra SpeedZone, 2° Flat, 37" 7 Iron, KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff
7-GW:  maltby_logo.png.c889f4bebd3ab94fe9c37e77ba6c0c55.png Maltby PTM Chrome, 1° Flat, 37" 7 Iron, KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff
54°, 58°:
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING MIM Black, 3° Flat, -1/2" (54°), -1/4" (58°), KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3°
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: :Arccos: Arccos / Cobra Connect
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8

2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

Been at the range 2 of the last 3 days trying to figure out why Im pulling the ball so much. Tonights session was much better than two days ago when I left a partial bucket and packed it in. 

Tonight I really focused on the speed (slow) of the backswing and focused on a brief pause at the top. This seemed to straighten me out. The slower backswing, the better I play. 

• Like 4

5W- Alpha XS

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

I had a thought over night at work after my range session of slices yesterday afternoon.  Grabbed a wedge and went into my spare room and slowed down my swing to the point that I could watch exactly what my hands/wrists were doing.  The good ole EYES launch monitor locked right onto the problem.  Wide open club face at impact.  Made a few pitch shot swings to work on rolling my wrists over enough to close the club face.  Now I have to wait out the rain again.

• Like 2

Driver: Cobra Speedzone 10.5 Mitsubishi AV Blue S flex

Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue (low launch original version) S flex

Hybrids: Taylormade GAPR 3 KBS graphite shaft

Strata 4 and 5 hybrids R flex

Irons: Strata 6-PW R flex

Wedges: Texan Classics 52, 56, 60 R flex

Putter: Odyssey Red Ball mallet

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour

Wife went back to cutting hair yesterday, and it’s been raining, so I set-up the net inside the garage. I hate hitting in there, so I just did “L-to-L” shots working-on get the proper wrist action, and getting my right elbow tucked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

With the weather warming up, I got the itch to practice outdoors rather than just rolling putts in my basement.
On Saturday, I set up a little short game practice area in the backyard and it worked out perfectly for practice:
14D6909A-2830-4FAC-9CB7-66D09E6C8748.thumb.JPG.60b2a6ec19d96e7b9fa73c096774536b.JPG
Targets are 5, 10, 15, and 20yds. I spent Saturday working with my 52, 56, and 60 wedges to those varying distances at random. It was lots of fun and was a good way to scratch the golf itch during the SIP.

I had been doing the same! Great thing was it transferred to the course very well!!!

• Like 4

I have an issue with being super steep, especially with short irons. Been hitting super fat shots, its depressing when the ball goes 20 yards on a 100 yard shot. Trying to be shallow is the bane of my existence. Somehow, when trying various shallowing swing thoughts, sometimes I end up even steeper! Today, tried a thought of keeping the clubhead outside of the hands on the downswing. This thought worked pretty well, got shallower and didn't send my small mat of the ground toward the net.

• Like 3

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 12/27/2020
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Nippon Modus 120 S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - KBS Hi-Rev S
Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER2

Good range day on a sunny and 70 day. Went through the bag without any specific goal. Now that the weather has turned for the better I want to see where I’m at on my baseline. This is my HMB MP20 3 iron. Low bullet machine. 

• Like 6
  • PING G400 LST 8.5 Evenflow Black 65g 6.5
  • PING G 3W HZRDUS Yellow 75g 6.0
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Maltby TSW 52, 58 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Bettinardi BB8 Wide
  • Oncore Elixr

Rochester, NY

5.6 Index

Buddy came out to the range with me and we worked out my swing a little. Shoulder alignment was a bit off and used some sticks  to try and correct swing path error. 

• Like 4

5W- Alpha XS

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

10 hours ago, tommc23 said:

First time touching clubs this year so I did some flop shots and chipping in the yard with my dog catching them in the air so I had to video it

GIF-200516_120708.gif

That is just a great video and definitely a happy pup! 

• Like 5

Net. Mat. 21 balls x 7. 8 iron. Lots of fat shots today. Ugh.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

That is just a great video and definitely a happy pup! 

She did it the first time so I had to video it and she did it a few more times after I took the video. She is definitely happy and super athletic. She really liked the bright orange volvic I found last year.

• Like 3