TESTERS WANTED! ×

What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

17 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

We had an accident at the plant today, which I will cover in another thread, and I went to the range again today. I wanted to take some video, but my shirt flew up exposing my underbelly and I ain't posting that publicly. 

Worked on alignment, I sat a couple of alignment sticks down and am constantly amazed at how far right correct aim feels. My ball striking was decent with irons, though. 

Hit some fairway woods and was able to get about half of them to look good and topped the other half. 

Driver flew good, even for only decent strikes. I was focussed on hitting different parts of the ball to see if I could influence ball flight. I was hitting high on the face, but my results were mostly good. I did hit one that I pulled and another off the toe that ended up weakly drawing. 20210713_150821-01.jpeg.f2af338e67ee87ffb2f52de12b1e5bcb.jpeg20210713_150523-01.jpeg.927bdfa2d4aae4fbb0db0f3ff7cc9783.jpeg

I'll get back out this weekend if the weather permits and get some better video. I am disappointed this didn't turn out because I finally got the camera alignment right. 

Love the work. Adam young has been so helpful to me and looks like you as well. Keep it up! Your post reminds me I’m almost out of foot spray, lol. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

Hit the range haven't golf in a bit due to a wrist injury .. the wrist still hurts but not when I swing a golf club so just worked on hitting the ball to the spot and it was a good session .. couple chunks and snap hooks but what ya going to do 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

I had a great pre-work range session today. Lots of practice swings with the driver in between shots where I'm feeling my back stay to the target as I start the downswing. When I do it right, the result is a straight shot with a tiny baby fade of a yard or two at the end, or a push which I can live with since it means I'm in to out and not lunging at the ball. Misses were pulls when I still started to move forward on the downswing. 

Irons and wedges were pretty good, aiming to various markers and pins. Didn't have time to get to the practice green with needing to come into the office. The bigger thing is taking the decent driver to the course, which didn't happen last time. Just need more time to really ingrain that newer downswing feel and stop myself from lunging. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Not today but yesterday. I've been focusing on chipping and putting the past few weeks more so than before.  It was costing me a heck of a lot of strokes and it needed to be fixed. Was able to save a few shots out there during my 9 hole league yesterday and missed out on three birdie putts that glazed the hole. Overall, I'm happy on the trend up on that side of the game. Of course the driver decided to not play nice🤔😔☹️...lol

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

2 hours ago, MDGolfHacker said:

Not today but yesterday. I've been focusing on chipping and putting the past few weeks more so than before.  It was costing me a heck of a lot of strokes and it needed to be fixed. Was able to save a few shots out there during my 9 hole league yesterday and missed out on three birdie putts that glazed the hole. Overall, I'm happy on the trend up on that side of the game. Of course the driver decided to not play nice🤔😔☹️...lol

MDGolfHacker

Not your fault, the other clubs get “jealous “ and don’t play nice if you don’t focus on them.

a bit narcissistic of them, happens to me regularly 😜

seriously working on short game seems to always help my Tempo and Focus which helps thru the bag…..sometimes.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Range day. After warm up and some iron work moved to driver and tried to ramp up the speed. For most part was ok. Started to get hooky. Also tried the heavier shaft I had and seemed to strike it better. Ack to sorbet conundrum there

chipping practice  with GW-58*. GW will be only chips. 54 for bunkers. 58 for touch shots and deep bunkers

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

My Reviews:

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

17 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Got home from work and ran out to the range as it was showing a chance of rain. It's supposed to be wet all weekend, so in my study I didn't grab the GoPro or my tripod. 

Started out working on wedges, I didn't hit too many as I had other plans. So I moved on to irons focusing on alignment. I hit some decent shots and I'm happy with that since I'm working on an overlap grip. I've noticed, and it's also been pointed out, that my right hand comes part way off the grip on my downswing. (Thanks @bens197!) It's a bit awkward, but I have used it some in the past with SuperSpeed. 

Got to my nemesis fairway woods and decided to try Monte's "No Turn Cast"...wow! I didn't hit all great shots, but I hit more decent 3 woods than I have in a long time. I also hit some irons and they also weren't perfect but a lot of shots felt great. Thanks to @RickyBobby_PR, @Kenny B, and anyone else that has recommended that drill. 

Driver was still pretty good, I'm hitting a little high on the face, but contact is tightening up. 20210716_175754-01.jpeg.38cad8a3e58cad40d7d5503f5f26adf9.jpeg

Some good progress there

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

Got home from work and ran out to the range as it was showing a chance of rain. It's supposed to be wet all weekend, so in my study I didn't grab the GoPro or my tripod. 

Started out working on wedges, I didn't hit too many as I had other plans. So I moved on to irons focusing on alignment. I hit some decent shots and I'm happy with that since I'm working on an overlap grip. I've noticed, and it's also been pointed out, that my right hand comes part way off the grip on my downswing. (Thanks @bens197!) It's a bit awkward, but I have used it some in the past with SuperSpeed. 

Got to my nemesis fairway woods and decided to try Monte's "No Turn Cast"...wow! I didn't hit all great shots, but I hit more decent 3 woods than I have in a long time. I also hit some irons and they also weren't perfect but a lot of shots felt great. Thanks to @RickyBobby_PR, @Kenny B, and anyone else that has recommended that drill. 

Driver was still pretty good, I'm hitting a little high on the face, but contact is tightening up. 20210716_175754-01.jpeg.38cad8a3e58cad40d7d5503f5f26adf9.jpeg

Keep it up bro...awesome gains!

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

So I finally was able to get on the range and have Laura video me for my lesson. 

I was able to practice for 30 minutes before she and her husband got there. Practice on the front range on Friday at Bayou is always a pain because the guy who sets the ropes is old, blind and doesn’t realize he puts them on a severe downslope all the time.

But I couldn’t go to the back because Laura would never find me so……

The good news is that practicing off a downhill, extremely tight lie is a very good thing. Once I got loose I really hit them well - except driver - it’s very hard to hit driver on a down slope. 

When Laura and Cody got there I had hit about 35 shots. For my lesson I needed to send a video from behind and a face on one. It’s done on an app 

The from behind angle swing produced a nice enough shot. It was a few grooves low and a bit left probably just off the green. The face on view was absolutely a perfect result. I told Laura’s hubby where I was aiming after the shot and he said, “Your shot never left that mark!”

So I got home and viewed the video. I must say that I could never be a teacher. I thought the from behind swing looked so much better than the face on one. But the face on one produced much better results.

i will be curious to hear what my new teacher has to say. 

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

On 7/15/2021 at 2:37 PM, Rickp said:

Not your fault, the other clubs get “jealous “ and don’t play nice if you don’t focus on them.

a bit narcissistic of them, happens to me regularly 😜

seriously working on short game seems to always help my Tempo and Focus which helps thru the bag…..sometimes.

This is so true - I find that when I work on my chipping it tends to help through the bag. 

I have a gap of time between going to lunch with a mom and her daughter, who just got a tattoo and is scared that her mom will be mad at her - she will but she’ll get over it - and a wedding this evening.

Never a dull moment. 

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

This July hasn't been the most golf-optimal weather; it's been pouring rain like it's April.  

Indoor wedge work...I have an area rug in the back sunroom that's good for tight lie chipping.  Working on some ball contact and trying to hit some 6' chips.  No broken windows yet!

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

1 hour ago, Shapotomous said:

I felt good enough this morning for a backyard wedge session with the Mevo.  12 warmup without collecting data and then 4 more batches of 12 - 14 collecting data.  I even remembered to do the @sirchunksalot footspray!

IMG_20210717_071553071.jpg.aa8d2e4b3620213b205634ba2d8423ce.jpg

Below is the average and std dev of the 50 or so shots.  I was really liking my consistent carry distance this morning.   I have a new to me mat that doesn't have the tight lie factor my old mat has and I think that was the reason for the consistency.  I realized i need to cut the grass as a couple that bounced off the wall and went into the yard were real hard to find or went missing until the next round!

Ball Speed (mph)               Club Speed (mph)              Smash   Carry Distance (yds)

60.051                                                51.721                  1.166                    63.87

2.146                                                  3.608                    0.087                    3.358

You've really got your wedge game dialed in! That strike pattern looks nice and tight. 

57* practice session this morning...  Average and Std Dev for 46 shots.  I had consistent face contact but no footspray evidence since the can refused to spray this morning even though there was stuff in it....sorry @sirchunksalot  !  Its interesting the std dev of the carry distance is 1/2 yard worse with the 57 today vs the 53 from yesterday even though its the shorter distance and club.   Its just a 'feels' thing but I think it can be attributed to the ball sliding up the face a little when my hands were even or behind the ball at impact compared to other shots that were nipped with my hands ahead of the ball.  I think I am less likely to have it slide up the face with the 53* on the longer shot.

Ball Speed (mph)               Club Speed (mph)              Carry Distance (yds)         Spin (rpm)            Height (ft)

52.66                                   46.12                                   51.8                                     8764.02               40.72

2.27                                     4.49                                     3.80                                     1393.10               5.13

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Went to the range yesterday and hit a bunch of balls, probably too many! I started on the mat with a drill I learned from a teacher in TX that helps me work on the rotation of the wrists, and left knuckles down through impact. Added to that drill getting my right side through the strike, then went to grass and hit 20 more balls that way. Then to full shots. Got steep again at the end, which is what always happens when I can’t rotate anymore.

I took the Sub 70 fairway to hit vs the Super Hybrid. I hit the Sub 70 better than the Super, but it still wasn’t the set-up I need. Too spinny, with the shaft just too loose and whippy. It’s an X, but has to be a softer tip than I’m used to. Erratic with both, but probably better with the fairway. The search continues….

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Took my 4 year old to range so he can rip some shots .. I need up practicing with aim to get with in 10 yard radius of the flag or spot I wanted .. went pretty well but was kind of windy  

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

Tinkered with some NTC work while my daughter napped. Video posted. Really struggled with the slicey Sammy swing today during my round. Hit only one good drive and even that was 20 yards short of where I know I can hit it 

My Reviews:

44 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

After purchasing Monte Scheinblum's NTC video, I decided to go to the range again today and work on some of the concepts. I've been practicing around the house with a club, but there's nothing like the real thing. 

I can't say it was the best day I've had ball striking, but a significant swing change is going to be hard. I accepted this fact before going leaving the house and you'd be surprised at how less discouraging a plethora of topped shots can be. 

Here's a couple of my better shots from today, I need to work on starting my downswing with my hips and work on the flying right elbow, although I believe it's less pronounced than before. 

Going forward, I plan on working on shoulder and hip flexibility. Shoulders especially, since my job tends to beat them to death. It's a work in progress, but I feel it'll pay off in the long run. 

Good work and keep it up. Two things I noticed right away is you really take your club back to the inside. If you do that with NTC, your clu really won’t have any where to go. Second, face on, somehow your shoulder/club setup looks off to me. Don’t know if that is right or wrong. Just an observation. Keep grinding!!

My Reviews:

Since I've been struggling with solid contact with my driver, I went to the range today with only my driver.  Focused on all my past lessons from my coach -- takeaway, ensuring that I keep the club out in front of me rather than letting it get behind me and too flat,  good turn with both hips and shoulders, allowing bowing of the lead hand at the top, awareness of pressure points of my feet throughout the swing, particularly at setup, at the top and transition, and good hip rotation on the through swing.  I keenly focused on one dimple near the lower-rear quadrant of the ball through contact -- this one point seemed to help me the most.  I also found choking up about an inch on the grip helped me with better center contacts.   By the end of the session, I was striping the ball cleanly with a small baby draw fairly center to my intended target.  Now, I won't be playing until Wednesday, but I hope to get out for at least another session before then and "hopefully" I can carry my improvements to the course with me.  (Trust your swing, Carl!!!!)

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

36 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

Good work and keep it up. Two things I noticed right away is you really take your club back to the inside. If you do that with NTC, your clu really won’t have any where to go. Second, face on, somehow your shoulder/club setup looks off to me. Don’t know if that is right or wrong. Just an observation. Keep grinding!!

I appreciate the feedback! The inside takeaway is something I'm trying to work out, I think I get it ironed out, but feel and real are two different things. I think I'm getting the club outside my hands, and then I see it on camera. Guess it's time to get back on the Planemate, I've slacked recently. 

2 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

After purchasing Monte Scheinblum's NTC video, I decided to go to the range again today and work on some of the concepts. I've been practicing around the house with a club, but there's nothing like the real thing. 

I can't say it was the best day I've had ball striking, but a significant swing change is going to be hard. I accepted this fact before going leaving the house and you'd be surprised at how less discouraging a plethora of topped shots can be. 

Here's a couple of my better shots from today, I need to work on starting my downswing with my hips and work on the flying right elbow, although I believe it's less pronounced than before. 

Going forward, I plan on working on shoulder and hip flexibility. Shoulders especially, since my job tends to beat them to death. It's a work in progress, but I feel it'll pay off in the long run. 

When we look at dtl your shoulders look way open compared to the hips, from face on it doesn’t look as bad, but what Monte talks about is a little difference is ok but Tony the extremes. The alignment stick closest to you should match your hips and shoulders. Here it’s parallel to target and and to the right of your body lines.

in your takeaway there’s no wrist set which is contributing to the inside takeaway. If you look at where your hips are at address and each of the pics from dtl there’s no change in depth. From face on we see almost a reverse pivot because of this and in the pic where your left heel is off the ground that was more of your picking it up than letting the hip rotation causing it to happen. Because of the lack of wrist set at the top of your swing your left wrist is cupped. You don’t do any of cast A so as you transition you don’t move the wrist into flexion(bowing the wrist) so your face is wide open at club parallel and into impact so you have to stall the hips and stand up to get the club square and therefore have no shaft lean and add a bunch of loft at impact.

Focus on drill one even at the range and hit balls from drill one position 

43C7ECA0-BDEA-43B2-93AF-D8E02C35B9D1.png

F2379743-BA51-42B6-B3F8-A53AD94D75AC.png

58C69E25-3C0D-4531-B1D7-255279CE811D.png

3F6A8036-7B60-4327-91C6-C4FBFD3B831D.png

088C1589-7EB9-43CA-A388-A01F28BAE694.png

5EB29AEB-306B-4D74-BCE9-4FF60B7A1B56.png

E9ABA0AA-BEE3-4163-9DCD-36B06FCDD1D9.png

099D6B07-8338-49AF-B367-7B6DDB44F828.png

C2DE246C-9E0D-4017-865C-0BBD693A04CE.png

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Got up too late to do fit for golf before work. Worked on NTC/planemate with my driver slowly to get feels down. Mainly focusing on top of swing, having the wrist hinge, then bump and cast simultaneously.  Also did some 9-3 work to work on syncing my lower and upper body better

My Reviews:

1 hour ago, rbsiedsc said:

Mainly focusing on top of swing, having the wrist hinge,

The focus should be on backswing a. If you aren’t in the proper spot here working on top of swing or what is called backswing b in ntc isn’t going to do much.

1 hour ago, rbsiedsc said:

then bump and cast simultaneously. 

There’s no bump in ntc. If you bump then your upper body ends up tilted away from the target and will impede rotation. 

It’s an increase left knee flex which adds left side bend. In the actual swing this happens between left arm parallel and top of the swing so trying to do that and casting at the same time isn’t the proper approach. it starts with the increase knee flex then cast a.

To make these changes ntc should be done in pieces starting with backswing A and hitting balls from there until that’s a comfortable thing and so on. Changing motor patterns takes time and by time it’s not a range session or two

5 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

The focus should be on backswing a. If you aren’t in the proper spot here working on top of swing or what is called backswing b in ntc isn’t going to do much.

There’s no bump in ntc. If you bump then your upper body ends up tilted away from the target and will impede rotation. 

It’s an increase left knee flex which adds left side bend. In the actual swing this happens between left arm parallel and top of the swing so trying to do that and casting at the same time isn’t the proper approach. it starts with the increase knee flex then cast a.

To make these changes ntc should be done in pieces starting with backswing A and hitting balls from there until that’s a comfortable thing and so on. Changing motor patterns takes time and by time it’s not a range session or two

interesting. i thought in NTC and all his videos there is always a left hip bump/slide sorta. So left knee flex, kind of like a squat happening then?

My Reviews:

6 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

interesting. i thought in NTC and all his videos there is always a left hip bump/slide sorta. So left knee flex, kind of like a squat happening then?

He does have some videos where he talks about a bump, he has a drill in the drive for dough series called bump, dump, turn but like any drill it’s an exaggeration feel 

In NTC transition teaching video and the drill he talks about adding left knee flex and when you watch the video you can see most of his pressure and mass move to the left. It can appear as a slide but it’s really a pressure shift into the left side.

Been hitting the ball pretty well lately, especially with the 60/60/100 drill feel mixed in with some Faldo drill feels that I worked on with my instructor last lesson. Working at the range on trying to cement in those feels with mixed success. 

Still have a tendency to lose that 60 percent feel during my backswing, which is made worse when I let my feet get too wide at setup. Pressure shifts to my trail side and never gets back to the front. Leads me to thins and blocks, and when my timing is really poor, high fades/slices.

Spent the last 20 or so balls really keeping the pressure forward and had some success.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

... I have been struggling lately and went out yesterday for a practice round at 5pm and had the course to myself. @#@#$%%^(%*& back has been a problem all year and most days I just seem to be too tight to swing with the freedom I need to play my best. I would hit a really good day and shoot a 69 but then the next day felt stiff from the get go and back to mid or even upper 70's. I talked to one of my friends I taught with years ago in Chicago and he told me he always marveled at how relaxed I was swinging the golf club and reminded me of something I told him "Your address position should be like a free throw. Active and ready ... but relaxed". (To be fair I always marveled at his swing which was shorter, compact and explosive and seemed like little could go wrong). One thing I used to tell my students that tried to muscle the ball was Nicklaus said he wanted his arms to feel like "overcooked spaghetti." So my main focus yesterday was being completely relaxed regardless of how poorly I hit the ball. 

... Hit a couple of bad tee shots off the first tee and played several balls from the best with 205 to a back flag. I hit three 4 irons inside of 10 feet. It felt effortless as far as tension but I was swinging as fast as I possible could while staying relaxed. It just goes to show what I tell others all the time, when it doesn't count you can swing much freer. Obviously if I hit balls far into the desert it didn't matter because I could just drop another ball and hit again. So it was great reminder to swing like I don't care where the ball ends up. 

... Rest of the practice round went very well hitting the ball both farther and straighter than I have in quite some time. By the time I got to #16 after hitting so many shots my back started to tighten up again. Hit some really bad shots on #16 and #17 so I took a little break in the shade since it as 104*, then stretched some, took some free wheeling swings and had the relaxed feel again and played #18 well.

... I am not recommending you go out and swing in a relaxed state (although it might be a good experiment) but that is a swing thought that works for me. It is like having a picture of myself in my head of Freddie and not Tiger/Rory/Thomas. When playing my best I always channeled smooth swingers like Freddie, Larry Mize and Tom Purtzer. I am looking forward to my next round to see if I can retain the relaxed feel. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

33 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I have been struggling lately and went out yesterday for a practice round at 5pm and had the course to myself. @#@#$%%^(%*& back has been a problem all year and most days I just seem to be too tight to swing with the freedom I need to play my best. I would hit a really good day and shoot a 69 but then the next day felt stiff from the get go and back to mid or even upper 70's. I talked to one of my friends I taught with years ago in Chicago and he told me he always marveled at how relaxed I was swinging the golf club and reminded me of something I told him "Your address position should be like a free throw. Active and ready ... but relaxed". (To be fair I always marveled at his swing which was shorter, compact and explosive and seemed like little could go wrong). One thing I used to tell my students that tried to muscle the ball was Nicklaus said he wanted his arms to feel like "overcooked spaghetti." So my main focus yesterday was being completely relaxed regardless of how poorly I hit the ball. 

... Hit a couple of bad tee shots off the first tee and played several balls from the best with 205 to a back flag. I hit three 4 irons inside of 10 feet. It felt effortless as far as tension but I was swinging as fast as I possible could while staying relaxed. It just goes to show what I tell others all the time, when it doesn't count you can swing much freer. Obviously if I hit balls far into the desert it didn't matter because I could just drop another ball and hit again. So it was great reminder to swing like I don't care where the ball ends up. 

... Rest of the practice round went very well hitting the ball both farther and straighter than I have in quite some time. By the time I got to #16 after hitting so many shots my back started to tighten up again. Hit some really bad shots on #16 and #17 so I took a little break in the shade since it as 104*, then stretched some, took some free wheeling swings and had the relaxed feel again and played #18 well.

... I am not recommending you go out and swing in a relaxed state (although it might be a good experiment) but that is a swing thought that works for me. It is like having a picture of myself in my head of Freddie and not Tiger/Rory/Thomas. When playing my best I always channeled smooth swingers like Freddie, Larry Mize and Tom Purtzer. I am looking forward to my next round to see if I can retain the relaxed feel. 

Maybe the relaxed frame of mind was what helped. 

• Srixon Z-Star XV