::vokey-small: SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
:scotty-small:  Futura 5w

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went to the range today with the intention of working on one of the drills from the Strike Plan where you try to intentionally hit a toe shot and then a heel shot to develop feel for each in order t

Hard to think of a cheaper training aid than some foot spray... Worth every penny

Range opened up last week, and it's been really nice to get out on my lunch breaks. That we've had 60-plus degree weather is a bonus.  I've been really working hard on my homework from my last le

Posted Images

More Planemate driver work. I really need to tape all my swings just to make sure my hand position is good. I started and looked at my video and realized i was reaching still. Will be a long winter project for me.

• Like 3

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ with  :Fuji:Pro 2.0 TS 7X. Testing Tensei Orange Pro S (1" tipped) at 44.75"

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff (shaft may be swapped at some point) 

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff UPRT setting 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: :taylormade-small: Corza Ghost 35" ( Benched :odyssey-small: Toulon Las Vegas Stroke Lab  34")

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X

:Arccos:

How’s this for dispersion from 65 yards?

The close ones are all within my shoe length apart.  The stray one was 3 shoe lengths from the others...

Obviously really mucky, gives good feed back for landing the ball.

558B63FA-2552-4C8D-8D86-EC8A2402664E.jpeg

• Like 6
7 minutes ago, Shankster said:

How’s this for dispersion from 65 yards?

The close ones are all within my shoe length apart.  The stray one was 3 shoe lengths from the others...

Obviously really mucky, gives good feed back for landing the ball.

558B63FA-2552-4C8D-8D86-EC8A2402664E.jpeg

You make me reminisce about growing up with 40+ acres on a farm. Always plenty of things to aim golf balls at. I never did put in that par three that I wanted to do as a kid... would love to have that kind of space now.

• Like 4

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 9.3 (Last Updated May 2, 2021)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Mavrik (9°), 45.75", Dumina AutoFlex SF505X | Unofficial AutoFlex Review
17° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Super Hybrid, 41.5", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
18.5° Driving Iron: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2016 Model), 39.5", Mitsubishi MMT Utility 105 TX
21° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Flash, 40", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
4-AW:  
Sub70_Logo_WhtBlk.jpg.aee386374adf9afd31a02b989c839f9d.jpg Sub70 699 (4-6)/699 Pro (7-AW) Combo Set, 1° Flat, 37" 7 Iron, Mitsubishi MMT Taper 105 TX | Build Thread
54°, 58°:
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING MIM Black, 1° Flat, 35.5", 35.25", Mitsubishi MMT Wedge 105 TX | #CobraConnect Review
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
lamkin.png.5081890e009ae78e16066ee0fd18b7c0.png Lamkin Sonar Tour
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: :Arccos: Arccos | #CobraConnect Review
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8 | Unofficial Review

WITB? | 2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

1 minute ago, edingc said:

You make me reminisce about growing up with 40+ acres on a farm. Always plenty of things to aim golf balls at. I never did put in that par three that I wanted to do as a kid... would love to have that kind of space now.

I only have .54 of an acre.  But the neighbors across the road just have a fish camp there.  So the let me hit balls over there.  I could hit as much as a full PW without getting into too much trouble.

My parents have 20 acres... gigantic hill right in the middle of it, good for sledding, and hunting, but not for golfing.  I was fortunate enough to live next to a golf course as a kid, worked there and played whenever I wanted... but I gave up the game too dang early for other stupid hobbies like Budweiser... 🤦🏼‍♂️

• Like 5
On 12/6/2020 at 7:03 PM, sirchunksalot said:

It's been one of my favorite training aids this year. It's easy to use and gives such good feedback on ball striking. The only downside today was I had to dry the range balls off from where it's been a little wet out here. It was well worth it. 

You mentioned that missing left seems to be a consistent issue....Besides the foot spray marks on the face, check where the mat rash is on the sole of the club.  It looks like it may be concentrated toward the heel of the club which may give a clue about the lie angle you need.  Hit a few balls that have a vertical line marked with a sharpie and see how the line transfers to the face of the club.  If consistently vertical you are likely OK, if it consistently leans toward the toe or heel an adjustment in lie angle is probably in your future.

• Like 2

Modern Bag:  Ping G410+ 9*, Accra TourZ X265 M5;  Snake Eyes 18* & 23* Hybrids; Golfsmith Tour Cavity Forged 3i;  Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  Ping Heppler Fetch;  Ball - Snell MTB-X; Bag - Sun Mountain H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - Wilson Staff Persimmon; 3w - Hogan Speed Slot; 5w - Wilson Staff Tour Block; 3 - pw - Staff Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

11 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

You mentioned that missing left seems to be a consistent issue....Besides the foot spray marks on the face, check where the mat rash is on the sole of the club.  It looks like it may be concentrated toward the heel of the club which may give a clue about the lie angle you need.  Hit a few balls that have a vertical line marked with a sharpie and see how the line transfers to the face of the club.  If consistently vertical you are likely OK, if it consistently leans toward the toe or heel an adjustment in lie angle is probably in your future.

Thanks for the advice, and sorry I'm so late in replying back. I looked at the mat rash and it looked somewhat consistent across the bottom. I meant to take a photo, but forgot until after I washed my clubs. I will get one the next time I'm at the range and I'll also try to do the sharpie trick and see how it looks. I'm hoping the rain forecast for the weekend goes away at least long enough for me to hit some. 

• Like 3

Got my TSi3 yesterday so off to the range today to do driver shaft testing. Ventus Blue 7x vs Diamana ZF 60TX. so far Ventus won out in session one with both distance and dispersion. I hit the same tree at back of range 5 times in a row with Ventus. Impressed so far with TSi3. It was 40 degrees today so hoping to do more comparison when it gets warmer this weekend. I might trade out my tz6 75 m5 Taylormade adapter to titleist to throw in mix. 

• Like 4

Driver: TSi3 8 Diamana D+ 70TX

TSi2 18 Tensei Raw White 85TX

DI: ZX Utility 18* AD DI 95x 

Irons: 4 - Z765 X100 AND 5-PW MIURA CB X7

Wedges: SM8 50.12 at 51,  RTX zipcore 55, 60 mid - all KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 

Scotty Studio Stainless Newport 2.5 with Stability Shaft

-PROV1X

Chipping in the basement again. Very cold out since s is Saturday so not going in the yard for a bit.

was really disappointed with my short game this year (minus putting) trying to reign it in and get some consistency. Basement does that as I can target certain stairs for good distance feedback/trajectory 

• Like 5

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S :odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

14 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Basement does that as I can target certain stairs for good distance feedback/trajectory 

That sounds like great practice! But... are you using foam golf balls?

• Like 2

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Epic Speed 4W (Project X Cypher)
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 7W (Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway Super Hybrid 23 (PX Catalyst) and Big Bertha 19 5H (Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g, P2 Reflex Tour)
..all in a Datrek bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

I also finished the season being disappointed in my chipping... Problems with distance control, both short and long, and was 2-chipping too often.....

Had my second lesson yesterday where we focused just on chipping - using just a very simple almost putting like stroke - and then the instructor set up the sim to place me (well, the virtual me) into various greenside situations.

Was having much more success getting the ball just onto the green and rolling out to reasonably near the hole.

So I will be practicing chipping A LOT over the Winter!

• Like 5

..all in a Datrek bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Going out today for a 2nd practice round. Yesterday was first time in over 3 weeks and my irons and driver were about 5 to 15 yards short of normal. Gotta work on getting my strength back.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 6

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrid: Ben Hogan VKTR 3 Hybrid(18*) w/Recoil ES Hybrid(75 GM) regular shaft Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).  Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

9 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

Going out today for a 2nd practice round. Yesterday was first time in over 3 weeks and my irons and driver were about 5 to 15 yards short of normal. Gotta work on getting my strength back.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Have a good session!

Course is currently closed and with 2021 planning preso's for the sales team going on I am stuck inside, listening to Webex.  Hitting putts on my putting mat.  Better than nothing.  I try to work on stroke and keeping putter head moving down the line after strike.  Hopefully the course opens soon.

• Like 3

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash 9* / Ventus Blue 6X

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue 4wd 16.5* / Atmos Red 7X

Hybrid: :755178188_TourEdge: CBX 19* / Atmos Blue 7S

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Forged 4i, JPX 921 Tour 5i-PW / Rifle 6.0

Wedges: :vokey-small: 51.11F RAW, 55.11D RAW, 59.07M RAW / Rifle 6.0

Putter: :tp-mills-1: Ming Custom 35"

Ball: :callaway-small: CSX /  TBD for 2021

48 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

That sounds like great practice! But... are you using foam golf balls?

Unfortunately yes but it’s a better alternative than my wife yelling if I break a window 😂

I am videoing myself, my misses are A) I am hitting the ground easily 3 inches behind the ball which is causing hossle rockets to the right. And B) that’s typically happening when I am picking my head up.

I know the distance and trajectory aren’t going to be super accurate but I am getting the jyst of different trajectories with stance changes 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Check out my reviews

WITB:

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S :odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

10 hours ago, Lacassem said:

I know the distance and trajectory aren’t going to be super accurate but I am getting the jyst of different trajectories with stance changes 

Any short game practice is good practice!

Check out "Almost Golf" balls - soft foam but very life-like.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Any short game practice is good practice!

Thanks I’ll have to check them out. Now that I have the room chipping and putting is my off season now when outside is white 

• Like 2

Check out my reviews

WITB:

21 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

And they will break glass.  

• Like 3

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  Bellum Winmore 787

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

3 minutes ago, cnosil said:

And they will break glass.  

Are they that dense? I changed all of them in the basement once im not doing it again 😭

• Like 1

Check out my reviews

WITB:

1 minute ago, Lacassem said:

Are they that dense? I changed all of them in the basement once im not doing it again 😭

Generally you will be safe with them.  I have hit windows, pictures, and other things and nothing broke until that one day I cracked the glass in a picture.  more of a freak occurrence but it may happen.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  Bellum Winmore 787

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

17 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Generally you will be safe with them.  I have hit windows, pictures, and other things and nothing broke until that one day I cracked the glass in a picture.  more of a freak occurrence but it may happen.   

Ok good that’s not bad I can handle that. I really will only hit it if I do some flops....I’ll try to keep them low lol. Benefit of having 11’ ceilings 

• Like 2

Check out my reviews

WITB: