Jump to content

What/How Did You Practice Today?


Golfspy_Lukes

Recommended Posts

On 1/1/2021 at 1:58 PM, edingc said:

with my swing, I tend to get the right arm pulled away from my body ....

Huh, I have the exact opposite problem - right (trail) elbow tucked in too tight .. my instructor has me working on extending my arms (ie. adding space between my body) going into impact.

WIP (work-in-progress)

  • Like 1

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..PXG Gen5 0811XF (PX EvenFlow Riptide CB 50/5.0 or Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue 45/A)
..Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 (UST ProForce V2-HL 5/F3)
..Callaway Rogue ST Max OS 4H (PX Cypher Black 50/5.0)
..Callaway Big Bertha 5H (Recoil ZT9 460/F3)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT 60/A) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
..EvnRoll ER5 or MLA XDream (..Edel EAS 4.0 on the bench)
..all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, cksurfdude said:

Huh, I have the exact opposite problem - right (trail) elbow tucked in too tight .. my instructor has me working on extending my arms (ie. adding space between my body) going into impact.

WIP (work-in-progress)

Always is!

This is an extension of something I worked on with my instructor over the summer. His drill was for me to take half swings with a straight left arm and a glove tucked under my right arm pit.

My issue was that my right arm would get disconnected from my pivot, which would let the left arm get pulled across my chest at the top. 

  • Like 1

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 6.7 / Anti-Cap: 12.8 (Last Updated Oct. 13, 2022)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Max LS (9°), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Club Champion Fitting
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", UST Mamiya Recoil 110 F5
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8 | Unofficial Review


WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Had a good range session .. cold and wind not withstanding .. working on things from the lessons I've been taking, and wanting to see the resultant ball flight, while mostly focusing on getting into a better impact position.

I read somewhere .. earlier in this thread, maybe .. that practicing into a headwind can help players who present too much dynamic loft at impact; ie. one of my problems, especially with irons, as I get a little "picky" at the ball and "scoopy" at impact (as seen in way too much sordid detail in video replays during my lessons!).

So I tried applying a little more upper body movement target-ward plus forward shaft lean at impact. Definitely a new feeling for me but after some trial and error, I think I started to get closer to the right feel / action. The last few 7i shots felt more solid and flew on a good line (..if a bit left of my intended target, but then I neglected to put down an alignment stick, so...).

Mixed up shots between irons, wedges and a hybrid; felt like I was starting to get a sense of when movements / positions during the swing get off track and the resulting effect on ball flights .. eg. high fade or low hook.

WIP!!! 

Finished off with some putting, working on distance control uphill, downhill and side hill. Wasn't doing too badly but an occasional string gust of wind would really push the ball! I know you're supposed to play more break for the wind but a few times.... whoa! 

 

  • Like 3

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..PXG Gen5 0811XF (PX EvenFlow Riptide CB 50/5.0 or Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue 45/A)
..Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 (UST ProForce V2-HL 5/F3)
..Callaway Rogue ST Max OS 4H (PX Cypher Black 50/5.0)
..Callaway Big Bertha 5H (Recoil ZT9 460/F3)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT 60/A) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
..EvnRoll ER5 or MLA XDream (..Edel EAS 4.0 on the bench)
..all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My backswing has gotten a touch long this past year causing various inconsistencies so I'm starting to work on getting it back in check since it's too cold out for me to play right now. Also working on weight (pressure) placement and transfer throughout the entire swing. Think I got frustrated with my game early on in 2020 and just started swinging in whatever sort of way appeared to "work" which has allowed some old habits to creep back in. Mostly, it's caused a slight loss of distance, but even worse is the return of the big right miss.

  • Like 2

Driver: Mizuno ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: Mizuno ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: Mizuno CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: Bridgestone J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 54* & 58* Nippon Modus 3 105
Putter: Cleveland Huntington Beach SOFT Premier 4 34"
Ball: Maxfli Tour
Bag: 2017 Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's wet, cold, and dreary here today so I took some time to lay down the PuttOut mat and get a little practice in with the flat stick. Worked on ball position (a little front of center) and start line because I noticed the other day my big miss was a push. 

I putted from each distance and recorded how many tries it took to hit the "perfect putt".

1. 8 putts 2. 5 putts 3. 2 putts 4. 10 putts 5. 6 putts 6. 10 putts

Then I started back at the 6 foot mark and did it again, working my way forward.

6. 19 putts 5. 3 putts 4. 9 putts 3. 8 putts 2. 8 putts 1. 1 putt

Moving ball position forward  helped with start line, I only had 4 putts completely miss the target.

20210108_154411-01.jpeg.36ba26eea1e39610bc63b8d609efb848.jpeg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

It's wet, cold, and dreary here today so I took some time to lay down the PuttOut mat and get a little practice in with the flat stick. Worked on ball position (a little front of center) and start line because I noticed the other day my big miss was a push. 

I putted from each distance and recorded how many tries it took to hit the "perfect putt".

1. 8 putts 2. 5 putts 3. 2 putts 4. 10 putts 5. 6 putts 6. 10 putts

Then I started back at the 6 foot mark and did it again, working my way forward.

6. 19 putts 5. 3 putts 4. 9 putts 3. 8 putts 2. 8 putts 1. 1 putt

Moving ball position forward  helped with start line, I only had 4 putts completely miss the target.

20210108_154411-01.jpeg.36ba26eea1e39610bc63b8d609efb848.jpeg

I do the same thing with this puttout really is effective. Nice work 

  • Like 3

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

I do the same thing with this puttout really is effective. Nice work 

I like how you can discern how you're starting the ball on it. Usually out on the putting green there's no flat putts and you might assume you've misread the putt. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I like how you can discern how you're starting the ball on it. Usually out on the putting green there's no flat putts and you might assume you've misread the putt. 

Yes gives you a good read on how you struck it which I like

  • Like 2

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well the winter has got to me and I broke down and got a home simulator for practice! After I got it set up in the basement I played 9 holes. Felt really good to get some swings in.

It was on the expensive side, but the graphics are *great* and it’s pretty accurate too. Plus the kids can play other sports on it!

IMG_3278.jpg
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120X | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | :ping-small: Traverse | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Raining today; no practice.

While sitting here watching golf at Kapalua Plantation course, I am coming to the realization that my biggest problem with putting might not be alignment or stroke, but green reading.  I have played the Kapalua Plantation course, and I remember that it was extremely difficult to read the break of a putt with the volcano effect along with the grain of the grass.  It was humbling.  These guys might seem perplexed at times or upset about missing a putt, but they are still making a lot of putts.

My greens are nothing like these and while I know the greens pretty well after 5 years of play, I still get fooled occasionally.  Some slopes are very obvious, but most players will under-read the break; some slopes are very subtle and I've learned where most are located,  but they still fool me with speed.  Players I play with don't see those subtle breaks at all.  I see other players completely miss the line, not because of a mishit, but because of a poor read.  Sometimes my wife will ask me which way her putt breaks (no, I don't penalize her!!).  She just doesn't see the break that's there.  

The reason I bring this up here in the Practice thread is that I'm not sure how to practice green reading.  It's certainly a skill, and I think some players are naturally better at it.  Can they be trained?  IDK.  I'm not into Aimpoint; not going there.  Any ideas for training other than just keep playing?  My wife is better at our course, but struggles along with me on a course that we are not familiar with.

  • Like 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Raining today; no practice.

While sitting here watching golf at Kapalua Plantation course, I am coming to the realization that my biggest problem with putting might not be alignment or stroke, but green reading.  I have played the Kapalua Plantation course, and I remember that it was extremely difficult to read the break of a putt with the volcano effect along with the grain of the grass.  It was humbling.  These guys might seem perplexed at times or upset about missing a putt, but they are still making a lot of putts.

My greens are nothing like these and while I know the greens pretty well after 5 years of play, I still get fooled occasionally.  Some slopes are very obvious, but most players will under-read the break; some slopes are very subtle and I've learned where most are located,  but they still fool me with speed.  Players I play with don't see those subtle breaks at all.  I see other players completely miss the line, not because of a mishit, but because of a poor read.  Sometimes my wife will ask me which way her putt breaks (no, I don't penalize her!!).  She just doesn't see the break that's there.  

The reason I bring this up here in the Practice thread is that I'm not sure how to practice green reading.  It's certainly a skill, and I think some players are naturally better at it.  Can they be trained?  IDK.  I'm not into Aimpoint; not going there.  Any ideas for training other than just keep playing?  My wife is better at our course, but struggles along with me on a course that we are not familiar with.

Great thought. Green reading definitely a skill. I know I learn playing. Still those greens out there look one way do another. 1 thing I have learned though is I’m always looking for the water. Where are the run offs? Even if something looks like it shouldn’t break to the water....it’s going to break to the water  

  • Like 4

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Great thought. Green reading definitely a skill. I know I learn playing. Still those greens out there look one way do another. 1 thing I have learned though is I’m always looking for the water. Where are the run offs? Even if something looks like it shouldn’t break to the water....it’s going to break to the water  

I always do that at a strange course.  It doesn't here.  I live in the Twilight Zone.  It's one of the things that took me awhile to figure out.  In the desert we don't get much rain.  I think the course architect designed our greens specifically to NOT break towards the water; those subtle breaks I mentioned affect that.  Many greens have a very slight ridge that runs through some portion of the green; difficult to see, and can keep ball from breaking towards the ponds or from the side will really affect the break.  You have to know where it is.

  • Like 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great thought. Green reading definitely a skill. I know I learn playing. Still those greens out there look one way do another. 1 thing I have learned though is I’m always looking for the water. Where are the run offs? Even if something looks like it shouldn’t break to the water....it’s going to break to the water  

I also try to make sure I’m closer to the hole than my opponent... then I get to see what the ball is going to do by the hole!

It’s def a skill. I love it when you can see a guy like DJ improve and turn what was considered a weakness into a strength of his game.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120X | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | :ping-small: Traverse | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I always do that at a strange course.  It doesn't here.  I live in the Twilight Zone.  It's one of the things that took me awhile to figure out.  In the desert we don't get much rain.  I think the course architect designed our greens specifically to NOT break towards the water; those subtle breaks I mentioned affect that.  Many greens have a very slight ridge that runs through some portion of the green; difficult to see, and can keep ball from breaking towards the ponds or from the side will really affect the break.  You have to know where it is.

Wonder if it’s designed to retain water better?  I’m sure those ponds can dry up quick. There is a course called shining rock here and the 3rd hole green every angle you look you would say there is no chance in hell it breaks that way....sure as hell it does, the green looks like a bowl but it’s not.

4 minutes ago, B.Boston said:


I also try to make sure I’m closer to the hole than my opponent... then I get to see what the ball is going to do by the hole! emoji23.png

It’s def a skill. I love it when you can see a guy like DJ improve and turn what was considered a weakness into a strength of his game.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’re welcome for the read 😂

  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I always do that at a strange course.  It doesn't here.  I live in the Twilight Zone.  It's one of the things that took me awhile to figure out.  In the desert we don't get much rain.  I think the course architect designed our greens specifically to NOT break towards the water; those subtle breaks I mentioned affect that.  Many greens have a very slight ridge that runs through some portion of the green; difficult to see, and can keep ball from breaking towards the ponds or from the side will really affect the break.  You have to know where it is.

reminds me of a course here in PDX. even though it doesn't look it, all putts break towards the Willamette. took me 4 rounds to truly start believing that

  • Like 3

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F5 hybrid soft stepped

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long 

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1:2021 Phantom X5 35"

 

Ball:    :srixon-small: Z Star XV (back up balls :titleist-small:ProV1 Left Dot,  :OnCore:Vero X1, :titelist-small: proV1)

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer lite

My Reviews:

 :1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

 :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

I'm not into Aimpoint; not going there.

OK then I won't mention you might look into AimPoint 😉☺️ (..but it has really helped this golf dude figure out where to aim his putts!)

Maybe see if you can find a yardage book for your course with detail for the greens? Also, there are apps available .. GolfLogix is one example .. that have green views; though these are by subscription.

Some GPS watches are also integrating green views into their functionality - my wife got me a Golf Buddy Aim W10 that has this feature.

  • Like 5

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..PXG Gen5 0811XF (PX EvenFlow Riptide CB 50/5.0 or Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue 45/A)
..Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 (UST ProForce V2-HL 5/F3)
..Callaway Rogue ST Max OS 4H (PX Cypher Black 50/5.0)
..Callaway Big Bertha 5H (Recoil ZT9 460/F3)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT 60/A) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
..EvnRoll ER5 or MLA XDream (..Edel EAS 4.0 on the bench)
..all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OK then I won't mention you might look into AimPoint (..but it has really helped this golf dude figure out where to aim his putts!)
Maybe see if you can find a yardage book for your course with detail for the greens? Also, there are apps available .. GolfLogix is one example .. that have green views; though these are by subscription.
Some GPS watches are also integrating green views into their functionality - my wife got me a Gift Buddy Aim W10 that has this feature 

I’d be super interested to learn more about aim point. I’ve always been curious but couldn’t find any articles on how you’re actually supposed to do it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120X | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | :ping-small: Traverse | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

reminds me of a course here in PDX. even though it doesn't look it, all putts break towards the Willamette. took me 4 rounds to truly start believing that

I can understand putts breaking towards the Willamette.  It's lower in elevation than most of the areas around Portland.  My course is very close to the Columbia River and only a matter of feet above it.  Our marina is only a block or so away.

  • Like 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Wonder if it’s designed to retain water better?  I’m sure those ponds can dry up quick. There is a course called shining rock here and the 3rd hole green every angle you look you would say there is no chance in hell it breaks that way....sure as hell it does, the green looks like a bowl but it’s not.

The ponds don't dry up; fed automatically by pumps from the Columbia River.  The water is low now for winter; just enough for the geese and ducks... International Audubon Society golf course.  

Our greens are not that complicated so I think the architect decided that he would screw with us.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

OK then I won't mention you might look into AimPoint 😉☺️ (..but it has really helped this golf dude figure out where to aim his putts!)

Maybe see if you can find a yardage book for your course with detail for the greens? Also, there are apps available .. GolfLogix is one example .. that have green views; though these are by subscription.

Some GPS watches are also integrating green views into their functionality - my wife got me a Golf Buddy Aim W10 that has this feature.

I thought about Aimpoint, but apparently I can't feel differences through my feet; might have something to do with my right leg being 1/2" shorter than my left leg.

Let me know what you think of the GB Aim W10.  I've been thinking about getting one.  My GPS is an old GB Tour that still works fine even the battery!!  It must be more than 10 years old.  It is not supported anymore by the new OS.

EDIT:  Yardage book?  🤣  hahahaha  It's a muni!!  We have scorecards with the hole layouts; does that count?  Five years ago I was bewildered by several of our greens.  I thought about making a greens book using Google Earth shots, but that a lot of work.  It was easier the 2nd year after I played the course 150 times.  lol

  • Like 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • GolfSpy_APH changed the title to What/How Did You Practice Today?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...