What/How did you practice today?

I just want to have a healthy wrist so I can post here again. 

Edited by pulledabill
  • Like 4

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went to the range today with the intention of working on one of the drills from the Strike Plan where you try to intentionally hit a toe shot and then a heel shot to develop feel for each in order t

Hard to think of a cheaper training aid than some foot spray... Worth every penny

Finally got to do some “chipping” after what seems forever. Was pleased with results after 4+ months. Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Posted Images

I worked a bit on my putting yesterday indoors using a metal ruler to roll the ball on. It's a great tool/drill to do for feedback on whether you are striking the ball square and starting it online. I was using my perfect practice matt along with it. The reason I use the ruler is that there is no room for error if you push or pull the putt. You will recognize the direction right away. I will try to get some video of it today.

• Like 4

Quarantine, Day 9 - i still have no symptoms and will be free tomorrow. I went to the range - this is the huge advantage of being a member at a private club.

Balls are out on the range already and I simply went mid day to the far corner at least 20 feet from the closest person. I hadn’t swung a club in a week and a half. Sadly that has become the norm since school resumed - it’s so hard to keep a school and church community safe.

At any rate I was very happy with how I hit it. I know that my ideal launch with driver is between 15-16 degrees. I ended up with an average carry of 220 on the Rapsodo so not bad at all, for me. That’s around 240 with a gamer on the course, at sea level.

Better though was how I hit 7 and 8 iron. I was easily carrying 7 past flags at 141 and 140 respectively - into a bit of wind and got three iron to those flags 1/3 of the time. I’m really loving my D7 forged irons - can’t wait until April when I can try them under stress - but for now the ball flight is beautiful

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 6

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

Didn’t realize one could go play golf during a Covid quarantine 14 day period. 

I guess I should try to contract the virus and go on vacation to Florida to get some winter golf in!

• Like 1
Didn’t realize one could go play golf during a Covid quarantine 14 day period. 

I guess I should try to contract the virus and go on vacation to Florida to get some winter golf in!

I don’t have COVID, I was exposed to it, it’s normal incubation period is 2-7 days. The CDC has reduced the quarantine time to 7 days for an exposure but our health department has yet to back it down and it’s still 10 to return to work. So I’m taking advantage of these last three days out for certain.

I can assure you that I was not close to putting anyone at risk

And yes, outside exercise has always been recommended by health officials even during lock downs. Our golf courses never closed.

• Like 7

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

It's been fairly good weather around here this winter and I have been getting a good bit of net time to work on a couple things.  I videoed the mid winter progress today using an 8i.  I have been trying to get my lead heel off the ground on the backswing, get to the 'holding a platter' position with my right hand on the backswing and trying to get my lead hip to open sooner on the downswing.  The heel is going OK but the other two need a lot of work yet.  There are more 3/4 swings to emphasize those changes in my training plan!  I am pretty happy with the current state of the swing as some winters the weather has been so bad I wouldn't touch a club from Christmas until March. 

• Like 5

Modern Bag:  Ping G410+ 9*, Accra TourZ X265 M5;  Snake Eyes 18* & 23* Hybrids; Golfsmith Tour Cavity Forged 3i;  Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  Ping Heppler Fetch;  Ball - Snell MTB-X; Bag - Sun Mountain H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - Wilson Staff Persimmon; 3w - Hogan Speed Slot; 5w - Wilson Staff Tour Block; 3 - pw - Staff Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

12 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

It's been fairly good weather around here this winter and I have been getting a good bit of net time to work on a couple things.  I videoed the mid winter progress today using an 8i.  I have been trying to get my lead heel off the ground on the backswing, get to the 'holding a platter' position with my right hand on the backswing and trying to get my lead hip to open sooner on the downswing.  The heel is going OK but the other two need a lot of work yet.  There are more 3/4 swings to emphasize those changes in my training plan!  I am pretty happy with the current state of the swing as some winters the weather has been so bad I wouldn't touch a club from Christmas until March. 

That is a sweet @$$ setup right there. Barn?

Swing looks great!

• Like 2

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S :odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

That is a sweet @$$ setup right there. Barn?

Swing looks great!

Thanks, we call it a pole barn.  Its about 20x35 post and beam building that houses the tractors, ladders, leftover project materials, coal bin, cans and other metal recycling stuff before I haul it away and some other stuff that needs to stay out of the weather. 

And since last spring the hitting mat & net live there which makes it nice to hit in bad or good weather or after dark since its well lit.

• Like 3

Modern Bag:  Ping G410+ 9*, Accra TourZ X265 M5;  Snake Eyes 18* & 23* Hybrids; Golfsmith Tour Cavity Forged 3i;  Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  Ping Heppler Fetch;  Ball - Snell MTB-X; Bag - Sun Mountain H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - Wilson Staff Persimmon; 3w - Hogan Speed Slot; 5w - Wilson Staff Tour Block; 3 - pw - Staff Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

2 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

Thanks, we call it a pole barn.  Its about 20x35 post and beam building that houses the tractors, ladders, leftover project materials, coal bin, cans and other metal recycling stuff before I haul it away and some other stuff that needs to stay out of the weather. 

And since last spring the hitting mat & net live there which makes it nice to hit in bad or good weather or after dark since its well lit.

I'm pretty jealous of that setup, having a place out of the elements is something I would love. Your swing is looking good and I got a kick out of the sound since the video is in slow motion, it sounds explosive. 

• Like 3

Gingerly got some iron swings in today on the skytrak to focus on turning my shoulders at the take away and letting my hands come down into the slot on the downswing and swinging a bit more in to out.   

Also set up a track on the rug for putting to my putt out trainer.  Still some work to do as I was missing too many early with bad direction.

• Like 5

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X

3 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818H2 Fujikura Atmos TS Blue 8X

4 Iron - Srixon ZX 23* Recoil F5

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: MP 18 SC Dynamic Gold AMT X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:  image.png.cca2328f4144a299c795aa9b8f3bf677.png Inovai 6.0              :scotty-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"  

Since it looked nice out my window, I decided to head to the course for some practice. 39 with a 10 mph wind. Sheesh!
Hit 5 balls, stop and warm my hands!! For the conditions I did ok... working on my takeaway and I hit the ball better.

• Like 7

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

7 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Since it looked nice out my window, I decided to head to the course for some practice. 39 with a 10 mph wind. Sheesh!
Hit 5 balls, stop and warm my hands!! For the conditions I did ok... working on my takeaway and I hit the ball better.

39* isn't too bad but when you add in the wind you can count me out.  Trevino always says initiate the takeaway with the lead shoulder!  

• Like 4

I was dying to try the new driver, so I went to a Sim closer to my house this time. I warm-up on the range and yardages are WAY off. I go get an attendant and have them reset it. I start back up and begin to play Muirfield Village. Well. All I can say is that with this driver, I’m swinging 136mph, and ball speed is over 200. Yep. What a joke. 
I played the whole 18 just to swing, but it was ridiculous. Here are a couple pics of what the sim was spitting out.

Pic 1: 4 iron

Pic 2: Driver

Pic 3: 20* hybrid

7DD35670-777D-466D-84CD-5F7E42FF9139.jpeg

935A6FD7-9A87-4DC6-B9DB-0990A3B2ECB2.jpeg

C36DE9E3-F36F-4533-A67E-BF01FCF97D94.jpeg

• Like 5

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy: 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

2 minutes ago, PMookie said:

I was dying to try the new driver, so I went to a Sim closer to my house this time. I warm-up on the range and yardages are WAY off. I go get an attendant and have them reset it. I start back up and begin to play Muirfield Village. Well. All I can say is that with this driver, I’m swinging 136mph, and ball speed is over 200. Yep. What a joke. 
I played the whole 18 just to swing, but it was ridiculous. Here are a couple pics of what the sim was spitting out.

You been on the Bryson workout plan? 😂

Well, at least you got to swing it, hopefully you can find a SIM that's more accurate and try it out. 

• Like 4
16 minutes ago, PMookie said:

What sim was it? The about golf is way off for me, swing, the sim idk what it is but it’s not even close!

regardless glad you got to swing. How did the driver feel overall?

• Like 3

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S :odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

You been on the Bryson workout plan? 😂

Well, at least you got to swing it, hopefully you can find a SIM that's more accurate and try it out. 

Going Sunday back to the one that’s more accurate.

• Like 3

Fwy: 

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

What sim was it? The about golf is way off for me, swing, the sim idk what it is but it’s not even close!

regardless glad you got to swing. How did the driver feel overall?

Not sure of the brand. Tiger endorses it.... Its inside a big entertainment business that has bowling, zip lines, sims, laser tag, etc. 
Driver felt great! It really doesn’t feel heavy. I tried the left dash balls and the two together felt AWESOME.

The pic is the sim I’ll go to Sunday, where I usually go, that seems more accurate. The display looks exactly like Alex Etches’s on YouTube.

6F896EDC-49EC-43F9-A662-A099373431EE.jpeg

• Like 3

Fwy: 

4 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

39* isn't too bad but when you add in the wind you can count me out.  Trevino always says initiate the takeaway with the lead shoulder!  

I was initiating the takeaway thinking about my trail wrist if that makes sense.  Look at a face-on view of Bobby Jones with a driver.  With soft wrists I start the backswing with my arms/wrists actually bowing the trail wrist a little.  The club lags behind then catches up.  This prevents the club from being pulled to the inside (old, old habit that comes back periodically).  When I get to transition, I get more rotation and the club comes more from the inside on the downswing.  Much better strike; more distance and straighter shots.  Now the truth will be known tomorrow when I take it to the course.  😂

• Like 4

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Hitting more with the skytrak in the garage and trying to ensure I am making solid contact for the most part. 

Messing around with too many thoughts in my head and need to put an end to that.  Might get a lesson once my ankle is all the way healed so that I know the specific drills to work on based on sound advice from a pga professional.

• Like 3

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X

3 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818H2 Fujikura Atmos TS Blue 8X

4 Iron - Srixon ZX 23* Recoil F5

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: MP 18 SC Dynamic Gold AMT X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:  image.png.cca2328f4144a299c795aa9b8f3bf677.png Inovai 6.0              :scotty-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"