What/How did you practice today?

Our Sponsors

Smart ball comes in today. Going to try to use it a couple times a week with whiffles and range balls. 

dedicating myself to getting sequences right and flexibility. Stretch every morning followed by planemate wedge protocols. Going to do a couple weeks of the first four protocols daily to entrain sequence and pivot, then will move on. Same goes with the smart ball but with actually hitting whiffles or range balls. 

• Like 3

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ with  :Fuji:Pro 2.0 TS 7X. Testing Tensei Orange Pro S (1" tipped) at 44.75"

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff (shaft may be swapped at some point) 

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff UPRT setting 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: :taylormade-small: Corza Ghost 35" ( Benched :odyssey-small: Toulon Las Vegas Stroke Lab  34")

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X

:Arccos:

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went to the range today with the intention of working on one of the drills from the Strike Plan where you try to intentionally hit a toe shot and then a heel shot to develop feel for each in order t

Hard to think of a cheaper training aid than some foot spray... Worth every penny

Range opened up last week, and it's been really nice to get out on my lunch breaks. That we've had 60-plus degree weather is a bonus.  I've been really working hard on my homework from my last le

Posted Images

A lot of work recently has been to keep my hands quiet and relaxed all across the board - full swing, chipping and putting. 

If I get too active in my hands during a full swing, I have a tendency to either pull the clubhead inside or, more likely as is my overcorrection, to push my hands outside on the takeaway. With chipping, too active of hands prevents me from using my rotation to hit the ball and I struggle with sticking the club into the ground behind the ball or hitting it really thin. And with putting, my hands being active leads to poor face control.

Additionally, still working on getting better rotation into my rear hip. If I do it right, my path is nicely zeroed out or a bit to the right. Poor rotation leads to a more left path and with my longer clubs leads to lots of pulls and pull hooks.

I sent this screen cap to my coach on Saturday and he really liked the progress with the rotation:

20210201_191338.jpg.fd2beccd8f25939fa21ad7d690bda374.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 10.1 (Last Updated April 17, 2021)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Mavrik (9°), 45.75", Dumina AutoFlex SF505X | Unofficial AutoFlex Review
17° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Super Hybrid, 41.5", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
18.5° Driving Iron: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2016 Model), 39.5", Mitsubishi MMT Utility 105 TX
21° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Flash, 40", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
4-AW:  
Sub70_Logo_WhtBlk.jpg.aee386374adf9afd31a02b989c839f9d.jpg Sub70 699 (4-6)/699 Pro (7-AW) Combo Set, 1° Flat, 37" 7 Iron, Mitsubishi MMT Taper 105 TX | Build Thread
54°, 58°:
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING MIM Black, 1° Flat, 35.5", 35.25", Mitsubishi MMT Wedge 105 TX | #CobraConnect Review
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
lamkin.png.5081890e009ae78e16066ee0fd18b7c0.png Lamkin Sonar Tour
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: :Arccos: Arccos | #CobraConnect Review
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8 | Unofficial Review

WITB? | 2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

11 minutes ago, edingc said:

A lot of work recently has been to keep my hands quiet and relaxed all across the board - full swing, chipping and putting. 

If I get too active in my hands during a full swing, I have a tendency to either pull the clubhead inside or, more likely as is my overcorrection, to push my hands outside on the takeaway. With chipping, too active of hands prevents me from using my rotation to hit the ball and I struggle with sticking the club into the ground behind the ball or hitting it really thin. And with putting, my hands being active leads to poor face control.

Additionally, still working on getting better rotation into my rear hip. If I do it right, my path is nicely zeroed out or a bit to the right. Poor rotation leads to a more left path and with my longer clubs leads to lots of pulls and pull hooks.

I sent this screen cap to my coach on Saturday and he really liked the progress with the rotation:

great work!! Mini tour here you come!

• Like 2

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ with  :Fuji:Pro 2.0 TS 7X. Testing Tensei Orange Pro S (1" tipped) at 44.75"

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff (shaft may be swapped at some point) 

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff UPRT setting 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: :taylormade-small: Corza Ghost 35" ( Benched :odyssey-small: Toulon Las Vegas Stroke Lab  34")

Working hard on getting rid of the inside takeaway. It helps me to understand where my hands should be at the top and how my wrist should be angled, etc. And then working backwards from there. 

• Like 3

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 12/27/2020
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Nippon Modus 120 S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - KBS Hi-Rev S
Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER2

Finally made a breakthrough in what my brain needs to think for my body not to take the club inside on the takeaway. Had gotten instruction on this from my instructor and i could replicate a more vertical takeaway on some swings, but had a hard time getting it to stick. Drills only helped a bit, i really needed to think about what i personally need to think/feel to fix my takeaway. 

I finally figured out what that thought is and it will probably will not make any sense to anyone else except myself. I can't think about swinging my arms or doing something with my left arm, right arm, body, etc. My thought is that between my hands and arms, there is sort of a triangle formed, let's call that point A. To make the proper takeaway and get to left arm parallel, i need to think about moving the triangle in the most efficient manner from point A to point B at left arm parallel while keeping the triangle. I am sure that this probably will not work for anyone else but me...

• Like 7

Updated 12/27/2020

16 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Finally made a breakthrough in what my brain needs to think for my body not to take the club inside on the takeaway. Had gotten instruction on this from my instructor and i could replicate a more vertical takeaway on some swings, but had a hard time getting it to stick. Drills only helped a bit, i really needed to think about what i personally need to think/feel to fix my takeaway. 

I finally figured out what that thought is and it will probably will not make any sense to anyone else except myself. I can't think about swinging my arms or doing something with my left arm, right arm, body, etc. My thought is that between my hands and arms, there is sort of a triangle formed, let's call that point A. To make the proper takeaway and get to left arm parallel, i need to think about moving the triangle in the most efficient manner from point A to point B at left arm parallel while keeping the triangle. I am sure that this probably will not work for anyone else but me...

image.gif.220e38cb653ac60f1967f593e21daafd.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

:taylormade-small: SIM2 8º | KuroKage XT 70TX
:taylormade-small: SIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX
:titelist-small: U500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
:titelist-small: T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
::vokey-small: SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
:scotty-small:  Futura 5w

1 hour ago, dlow206 said:

Makes sense. It the premise also behind the planemate and smart ball. Nice work!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, dlow206 said:

image.gif.bc4775f2704c9202145bcaf0b0f15af9.gif

I kid I kid, glad ya found something that works for you. It’s all in how you are able to understand. @B.Bostonexplains crap to me all the time but until it clicks for me it doesn’t matter how he explains it lol (chipping and being too quick of a tempo was the most recent for me)

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S :odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

50 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

I kid I kid, glad ya found something that works for you. It’s all in how you are able to understand. @B.Bostonexplains crap to me all the time but until it clicks for me it doesn’t matter how he explains it lol (chipping and being too quick of a tempo was the most recent for me)

The real question is, am I trying to help? Or trying to Sabotage? 😂😂

Answer: it doesn’t matter. He’s not listening anyway. 

• Haha 3

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :Snell: MTB-X | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

#cuetheduckboats

1 hour ago, rbsiedsc said:

Makes sense. It the premise also behind the planemate and smart ball. Nice work!

For me, the smart ball helped me keep arm structure but i would still takeaway inside. 

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

Yeah, the hard part for me was I understood what i was supposed to do, but my brain just couldn't translate it to doing the right thing consistently. That's why there are so many different drills, feels, etc. that are trying to get you to do something similar. 

• Like 3

Updated 12/27/2020

On 2/1/2021 at 7:16 PM, edingc said:

May I inquire at what establishment you are at in this picture?   

I'm working at not breaking into laughter every time I hit a shank, slice, hook or thin it. I have a very loud laugh and it makes my playing partners question my mental health....

• Haha 1

🤙

Being starved for ball striking and no space I was down in the basement hitting foam balls off a mat with a six iron into the basement wall that was probably 12' away. (cinder block wall, whitewashed) Got one really nice and it rebounded off the wall with decent force directly into my left eye. Fortunately the lid was in the lowered position at the moment of impact, else I'd probably be in trouble.

A Christmas Story GIF by filmeditor

These "foam" balls are kind of hard actually, might be the answer to the distance problem. 😏

Edited by SlowNLow
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Registered for the Districts this week so now it's back to the grind.  Putting is going to be the focus for the foreseeable future after putting 12 miles on my snowblower this week 🙂

I just ordered the PuttOut and plan to use my downtime working on my stroke and pace.  Anyone who has one chime in, I would love to hear your thoughts.

• Like 3
  • PING G400 LST 8.5 Evenflow Black 65g 6.5
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Diamana FW 75 X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • TaylorMade MG2 TW 56 & 60 Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5
  • TaylorMade TP5

Western, NY

5.7 Index

19 hours ago, dlow206 said:

To me that sounds like page 32 of my golf bible....

IMG_20210204_104809171_MP.jpg.0839ad21a05caeef94d75c16888ae173.jpg

• Like 1

Modern Bag:  Ping G410+ 9*, Accra TourZ X265 M5;  Snake Eyes 18* Hybrid, Snake Eyes 23* Hybrid,  PX LZ 6.0;  Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  Ping Heppler Fetch;  Ball - Snell MTB-X; Bag - Sun Mountain H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - Wilson Staff Persimmon; 3w - Hogan Speed Slot; 5w - Wilson Staff Tour Block; 3 - pw - Staff Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

25 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

To me that sounds like page 32 of my golf bible....

IMG_20210204_104809171_MP.jpg.0839ad21a05caeef94d75c16888ae173.jpg

The biggest light bulb for me wasn't the part of the triangle and keeping the arms close together. It was more how that triangle needs to move. Previously, I thought to prevent an inside takeaway, I need to "swing" my arms straight back. But I realized that swinging arms straight back combined with pivot = inside takeaway. 

• Like 2

Updated 12/27/2020

53 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

The biggest light bulb for me wasn't the part of the triangle and keeping the arms close together. It was more how that triangle needs to move. Previously, I thought to prevent an inside takeaway, I need to "swing" my arms straight back. But I realized that swinging arms straight back combined with pivot = inside takeaway. 

That's page 54....   😁

Modern Bag:  Ping G410+ 9*, Accra TourZ X265 M5;  Snake Eyes 18* Hybrid, Snake Eyes 23* Hybrid,  PX LZ 6.0;  Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  Ping Heppler Fetch;  Ball - Snell MTB-X; Bag - Sun Mountain H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - Wilson Staff Persimmon; 3w - Hogan Speed Slot; 5w - Wilson Staff Tour Block; 3 - pw - Staff Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Just now, Shapotomous said:

That's page 54....   😁

😀

My self-discovery of how I feel the arms move to not be inside aligns with what Jake Hutt is showing in this Instagram post. Note, I wasn't specifically trying to apply what Jake is showing, its just that what he is showing aligns with what I am now feeling on the backswing part of the arm movement.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CDjvNKklPbi/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

• Like 1

Updated 12/27/2020

I completely get it....the suggestion, illustration, swing thought, etc that clicks with us is personal.  Some are visual learners able to imitate what we see but can't make sense out of a verbal description and some have to see it broken down in writing with sketches. 

I have read that Hogan book many times but I can still pick out one or two new things (or maybe I just forgot them) when i read through it again.  I use it as a refresher for the fundamentals much like Nicklaus used an early season session with Jack Grout.  But my results are much much less effective than his!!  😁

Whatever works for ya is great!  👍

• Like 1

Just some basement chipping and my daughter joined the fun. Needless to say my wife needs to get on board with golfing or the kids and I will be out all the time in a few years and she won’t be able to deny 5 rounds a week (screenshot from her Snapchat)49E1F18C-A824-4AF7-BD8C-EF45F5697B9B.png.78aa96d4fd0a6ce4f4ee73431f3f6623.png

image.gif.036108a89bca3d8063e97d51c5cee3c1.gif

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S :odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸