Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

2 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Yeah same problem here when it gets humid .. which is most of the Summer.

FYI read in the comments after the MGS article "Glove or No Glove" one guy uses rain gloves all summer .. makes sense!

I got some from FJ when I sent some shoes back and tried them last summer. They never got wet enough to activate the tackiness. I’ll take them out again and try this summer. I’d love to figure SOMETHING out. I go through so many gloves every year.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

32 minutes ago, PMookie said:

I got some from FJ when I sent some shoes back and tried them last summer. They never got wet enough to activate the tackiness. I’ll take them out again and try this summer. I’d love to figure SOMETHING out. I go through so many gloves every year.

I don't have a problem with the tackiness,  but you could try wetting them with some water. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I'm switching back to the Mocom golf glove for the summer.

I tried the Claw Daddy glove I found on Amazon .. silicone "ribs" on the palm and a lot of mesh on the back .. good grip, def useful when hot and humid .. but only ok durability....

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

3 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Yeah same problem here when it gets humid .. which is most of the Summer.

FYI read in the comments after the MGS article "Glove or No Glove" one guy uses rain gloves all summer .. makes sense!

So, you read my comment.  A bogus test like so many others stated.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

5 hours ago, Kenny B said:

So, you read my comment.  A bogus test like so many others stated.  

...Maybe the biggest head scratcher yet and not sure of the purpose outside of selling gloves. I tried a glove when I first started some 40 years ago and didn't like it at all. Since everyone is using different grips, how does that quantify anything? Did they wipe down grips between every shot? Are they tacky grips to begin with? Do the owners keep them clean between rounds and when or how much do they clean them? 

... For my money the only way this test works at all is if everyone uses the same grip and they wipe it down between every shot, like those of us that don't use a glove do when we play. I have gone to the Lamkin ST +2 Hybrid and it does not need to be wiped down every shot like Tour Velvet or the ultra tacky UTx grips. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

8 minutes ago, chisag said:

...Maybe the biggest head scratcher yet and not sure of the purpose outside of selling gloves. I tried a glove when I first started some 40 years ago and didn't like it at all. Since everyone is using different grips, how does that quantify anything? Did they wipe down grips between every shot? Are they tacky grips to begin with? Do the owners keep them clean between rounds and when or how much do they clean them? 

... For my money the only way this test works at all is if everyone uses the same grip and they wipe it down between every shot, like those of us that don't use a glove do when we play. I have gone to the Lamkin ST +2 Hybrid and it does not need to be wiped down every shot like Tour Velvet or the ultra tacky UTx grips. 

It was fairly obvious to me that every tester normally wore gloves.  Maybe there is a "right bias" when they don't wear a glove, but test didn't say what the extent of the bias was.  Maybe us players that don't wear a glove would have had a "left bias" if we wore a glove.  I guess we will never know.  In either case it wouldn't take long to naturally adjust, so I'm not sure what difference it makes.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

8 hours ago, chisag said:

...Maybe the biggest head scratcher yet and not sure of the purpose outside of selling gloves. 

8 hours ago, Kenny B said:

It was fairly obvious to me that every tester normally wore gloves.  

I was simply an idea that someone had and they did a quick lab test to see if there might be some findings; additionally, These labs are only done over a couple of days.   They have done others that never got published because nothing “interesting” was found. Experiments are designed this way….you observe something, you research, make a hypothesis, experiment, analyze, and report; then you can repeat with new observations.   

I wear am probably a 60/40 glove wearer based on weather and participated in the data capture.  Overall,I found the results  interesting and like others would like to see more info and do more experiments.   People have not questioned glove sizes… were people wearing gloves that were too big or too small and did that impact performance, do people have worn out crap grips on their clubs, did it impact grip pressure, does grip material influence.  People say that they need a bigger pool of non glove wearers; probably true, but finding a pool of testers isn’t something that is done quickly.  

For me, it is like the urethane ball discussions that pop up on here occasionally and the people that say people would play better with non urethane balls.   Do your own experiments and see what works best for you.  Maybe this test helps someone play better golf because they try a glove, or clean their grips, or replace their grips.   Disagree with the results,  do your own experiment and post your findings.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 hours ago, cnosil said:

I was simply an idea that someone had and they did a quick lab test to see if there might be some findings; additionally, These labs are only done over a couple of days.   They have done others that never got published because nothing “interesting” was found. Experiments are designed this way….you observe something, you research, make a hypothesis, experiment, analyze, and report; then you can repeat with new observations.   

I wear am probably a 60/40 glove wearer based on weather and participated in the data capture.  Overall,I found the results  interesting and like others would like to see more info and do more experiments.   People have not questioned glove sizes… were people wearing gloves that were too big or too small and did that impact performance, do people have worn out crap grips on their clubs, did it impact grip pressure, does grip material influence.  People say that they need a bigger pool of non glove wearers; probably true, but finding a pool of testers isn’t something that is done quickly.  

For me, it is like the urethane ball discussions that pop up on here occasionally and the people that say people would play better with non urethane balls.   Do your own experiments and see what works best for you.  Maybe this test helps someone play better golf because they try a glove, or clean their grips, or replace their grips.   Disagree with the results,  do your own experiment and post your findings.  

I agree with you on all the variables that were not considered or stated in the test.  What I disagree with is the test totally excluded non-glove wearers, and yet MGS alluded to performance improvements across the board when the testers wore gloves.  Apparently, I'm not the only one; look at the number of negative comments about the test.

Much like any other experiment, you go in with an open mind. Well, this lab raises a few eyebrows, to say the least.  -  The results were not surprising to me.  OK, there was a "right bias" when not wearing a glove; was there a left bias for non-glove wearers when they wore a glove??  Who knows?

The testers mentioned comfort wearing a glove and seemingly better control.  Of course they did!  It's what they are used to.  Personally, I don't care for something between me and the grip of the club.  My grip on the club doesn't feel as secure.  Yes, I have to wear a glove when it's hot and humid, but tat's rare here in the desert.

Last year, I did a "test" that last about 6 months (surprised I lasted that long).  I decided to wear a glove.  A couple of things happened.  I don't like wearing a glove when I chip and putt, so I had to take it off.  I was always forgetting to put it on at the next tee; I played holes with the glove in my back pocket before I realized it (probably the result of being old 😂).  So I opted to wear the glove all the time; that affected my putting for the worse.  Generally, distances weren't affected, but I did see worse dispersion... not in one direction, but I missed more fairways.  This spring I took the glove off.

If MGS is going to do a test, they should consider ALL factors that could influence the outcome or don't do the test.  Otherwise the test has bias written into it and ruins the MGS reputation.

5 hours ago, cnosil said:

I was simply an idea that someone had and they did a quick lab test to see if there might be some findings; additionally, These labs are only done over a couple of days. 

Do your own experiments and see what works best for you.  Maybe this test helps someone play better golf because they try a glove, or clean their grips, or replace their grips.   Disagree with the results,  do your own experiment and post your findings.  

... Couldn't agree more with the second part, regardless of the labs done by MGS. I have always said labs/reviews/most wanted can be a good starting point then do your own research and experiments. But when they are touting the Red Rooster gloves and I imagine getting advertising money it just sounds like the very thing Adam started MGS to avoid. Don't get me wrong, I understand the money involved and do not fault MGS for advertising dollars as everything they do is expensive and I enjoy all MGS findings, even when I completely disagree with gloves or shoes that are just soooo subjective with very little objective data. But when the testing is so flawed this always applies "Don't pi$$ on my leg and tell me it's raining". 

Well I wore a glove today so I had a good practice session...  😉, at least with woods and irons.  I stopped wearing them for any wedge shots, full or partial a while ago. 

All kidding aside I had one of the better range sessions I've ever had.  I focused on setting up a new yardage table for the latest tinker/rebuild.  My wedges haven't changed aside of the 48 leaving the bag for the 47 of the MP60 so I just did 5/PW until the 3&4 arrive to get rebuilt.  In efforts to get a little more data than just yardage I hit 10 with each and recorded left/right/center dispersion, long/short/avg carry, #of mishits, and my notes about what happened on the mishits.  I'm pleased to say I hit the ball well until I got to the 5I.  I had 5 mishits in a row until I realized I was overswinging.  After that it was pretty solid.

I followed that up by doing one of the decade combines 90/140 yards L/R dispersion 20 shots alternating from PW,9,8,58,54.  Turns out my LR dispersion on this one is 50/50 with only one hard pull.

I spent the last 15 hitting my 2H & 3W which I hit hit very well today.  254 carry on my long 3W & 235 with the 2H.  

Hopefully I'll hold onto these feels for a while, but I have good video of part of the session in case I need to reset.

Driver

311062546_PXG_LogoSmall.jpg.1ff58b767d1fb1cdfeac9a387718766e.jpg  0311 Gen 5 -- Tensei CK Orange 60

Woods

PXG_Logo Small.jpg 0341 3W -- Tensei AV Raw Blue

Hybrids

image.png.374545efa45a29aed00287677e783604.png  0317X 2&4 -- Tensei AV Raw Blue 

Irons 

:srixon-small: ZX7 4/AW -- C-Taper Lite 110

Wedges

:mizuno-small:  T7 55º @55/7  -- TT DG Spinner

Putter

Test.png DF2.1 or Link.1 -- Accra

Ball

:srixon-small:  Zstar Diamond

I can't really think of what thread this is suited for, and I don't think it warranted starting a new thread, I thought since I am swinging a club it can be considered practice. 

But we hosted an outing today at our course and this was one of the activities the sponsor bourght out for everyone to get a 360 video of their swing.  They didn't analyze it, they left that to you.  So here's my self analysis. 

• Seem a bit hunched over at address, the irons are 1/4 long but I still need to be more upright.  
  • Could Stand for a bit more of a hip turn on the backswing
  • Definitely a bit steep on the downswing
  • Early release coming out of the shot a bit too soon
  • Don't get fully to my left side 

I welcome any other MaxHoma Style Swing Roasts...ha

Edit: Boy I just saw after posting that video quality is a bit 1970'ish.  I'll have to check it out. Doesn't look like that on my phone.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

15 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I can't really think of what thread this is suited for, and I don't think it warranted starting a new thread, I thought since I am swinging a club it can be considered practice. 

But we hosted an outing today at our course and this was one of the activities the sponsor bourght out for everyone to get a 360 video of their swing.  They didn't analyze it, they left that to you.  So here's my self analysis. 

• Seem a bit hunched over at address, the irons are 1/4 long but I still need to be more upright.  
  • Definitely a bit steep on the downswing
  • Early release coming out of the shot a bit too soon

I welcome any other MaxHoma Style Swing Roasts...ha

... Ok since you asked for it, I think you need to use Pat or even Debbie Boone for that swing soundtrack not Tony Anderson/Robert Nickson. And tell me you used a different swing for your TWO  hole in ones. Please? Other than that ... pretty cool feature and you look great! 🤗

10 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Ok since you asked for it, I think you need to use Pat or even Debbie Boone for that swing soundtrack not Tony Anderson/Robert Nickson. And tell me you used a different swing for your TWO  hole in ones. Please? Other than that ... pretty cool feature and you look great! 🤪

LOL...Yes oh yeah for sure.  That was a no warning here try this video thing we offer so you can show your clients.    

As for my Hole In One, oh yeah it was actually captured on video lucky enough.  This was it

pay no attention to the name in the title, must have  been a typo!

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

1 hour ago, chisag said:

... Ok since you asked for it, I think you need to use Pat or even Debbie Boone for that swing soundtrack not Tony Anderson/Robert Nickson. And tell me you used a different swing for your TWO  hole in ones. Please? Other than that ... pretty cool feature and you look great! 🤗

I think some of these hole in ones were gotten on courses using the oversize golf hole.

Image result for picture of very large size golf hole

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

5 minutes ago, GaDawg said:

I think some of these hole in ones were gotten on courses using the oversize golf hole.

Image result for picture of very large size golf hole

We have an Exec here with oversized and regulation size holes on each green.  I hate the oversized, look like Grand Canyon!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

56 minutes ago, Rickp said:

We have an Exec here with oversized and regulation size holes on each green.  I hate the oversized, look like Grand Canyon!!

That would be fun to play without a putter. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

I have been hitting ~150 pitch shots each day in my front yard from 25-30 yards. Trying to get used to my :vokey-small: wedges before hitting RTJ next weekend! 😱

Driver: :cobra-small: Cobra RADSpeed XB 10.5° Motore X F3

Fairway: :cobra-small: Cobra 15.5° 3/F Baffler Rail F

Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra RAD Speed 21° 4 Hybrid

Cobra RAD Speed 24° 5 Hybrid 

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra Aero Jet 5 - PW, GW

Wedges: :vokey-small: Spin Milled 56°, 60°

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot Stroke Lab OG #7

Bag: 1622150773421.jpg.867df9e5987ee9b79cc36f4c70090b01.jpg Big Max 14.0 Hybrid

Ball: :titleist-small: Titleist Velocity

Shoes: :footjoy-small: FJ Flex

So after finally getting a round back in the high 70s, I went to the range to battle the 108* Texas heat. Just wanted to keep my current feels and try and work on my tee shots I will need for my upcoming tournament. My irons are feeling phenomenal, but I still feel like I have to guide my driver. I’m not super confident/comfortable with it at the moment. I can’t get the same feel that I did a few weeks ago when I was striping it, but I started to feel the heat get to me so I had to find a good one to end with and head home. I got home and cooled down then did a flexibility workout that I’ve been doing recently, I’m hoping this can improve my body awareness and balance on the course. 

:taylormade-small: STEALTH 2+ 10.5* FUJIKURA VENTUS TR BLACK 6X

:srixon-small: ZX MKII 3W 15* Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX U.S.A. 8TX

:taylormade-small: Stealth+ 19 Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 1K 85TX

:srixon-small: ZX7 4-PW KBS $Taper 130 BLACK PVD

:cleveland-small: RTX 6 Zipcore 50/54.10 Full Project X 6.0

:ping-small: GLIDE 4.0 60.10S DYNAMIC GOLD TOUR ISSUE S400

:EVNROLL: ER2v MIDLOCK 40”

:maxfli: TOUR X

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope 

:SuperSpeed:

Was doing some shaft testing in my driver. Swing kind of a mess so need to get back to grinding. I wanted to post because of the interesting thing that happened. When i do range practice, i stick an alignment rod about 15-20 ft in front of my line and try to start my ball over it or just to the right. Well, on one of my shots, i hit the stick. I hit it so square, it came out of the ground, tumbled in the air about 30 yards, and like a javelin, stuck in the ground. I wish i would have gotten it on tape.

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

2 hours ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

Was doing some shaft testing in my driver. Swing kind of a mess so need to get back to grinding. I wanted to post because of the interesting thing that happened. When i do range practice, i stick an alignment rod about 15-20 ft in front of my line and try to start my ball over it or just to the right. Well, on one of my shots, i hit the stick. I hit it so square, it came out of the ground, tumbled in the air about 30 yards, and like a javelin, stuck in the ground. I wish i would have gotten it on tape.

Conjure up a vision of that hit on your next round.  😉

Very hot day at the range, both in temperature and in frustration. After a cold shower, and a few sips of bourbon, I have a much better perspective on my struggles. I thought taking my game to the next level would be easier, but it’s truly a grind at times. Im still working on my shoulder turn, and stopping coming over the top. Neither is as bad, and I’m still getting decent shots. But as I started trying to work it out, the worse it got. Then I tried going back to my original “feel” and even that did not work. I struggled to find a stopping point, but I did and I’m hoping for a better day tomorrow.

:taylormade-small: STEALTH 2+ 10.5* FUJIKURA VENTUS TR BLACK 6X

:srixon-small: ZX MKII 3W 15* Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX U.S.A. 8TX

:taylormade-small: Stealth+ 19 Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 1K 85TX

:srixon-small: ZX7 4-PW KBS $Taper 130 BLACK PVD

:cleveland-small: RTX 6 Zipcore 50/54.10 Full Project X 6.0

:ping-small: GLIDE 4.0 60.10S DYNAMIC GOLD TOUR ISSUE S400

:EVNROLL: ER2v MIDLOCK 40”

:maxfli: TOUR X

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope 

:SuperSpeed:

20 minutes ago, cjeffs12 said:

Very hot day at the range, both in temperature and in frustration. After a cold shower, and a few sips of bourbon, I have a much better perspective on my struggles. I thought taking my game to the next level would be easier, but it’s truly a grind at times.

... Some players with the natural skills to play this game can get better fairly quickly not because of technique learned but just natural ability. But that can only take you so far and progress seems to come to a grinding halt (pun intended). Part of the problem is practicing the wrong things doesn't help you get better and in fact can make you worse. Practicing the right things makes you better and that takes time. Lots of time and experience. So nothing wrong with wanting to get better quicker, especially if it helps you put in the work. As long as it doesn't frustrate you entirely. We all get frustrated on any given day and that of course is healthy as long as a cold shower and some bourbon puts you back in a positive mind set. 😉

Was doing speed training today and noticed my swing getting out of sort when reviewing the video. I start to throw my hands forward instead of keeping them back and close. I think ill have to step away from speed training for at least 6 months until my swing work has become really solid. I don't want to stall my progress by having to make corrections after speed sessions

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

I got bored and updated a spreadsheet I created to calculate POPs on a guys trip. Now it allows you to "simulate" a golf round, after you update the assumed course strategy a range practice card is produced for each shot during your 18 holes.

I had no intent to share this with anyone, but once I got it working well I figured why not show you all. But I apologize in advance for spelling, calculation, or any formatting errors.

Please let me know what you think.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EUOb8jhVN91-sTaSTuv1RD9TJShu9tMiZpboRi5ubEU/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Poiter

:taylormade-small: M2 10.5° - Fujikura Pro 70

:Sub70: 939X Fairway 3 Wood - Project X EvenFlow Riptide 70 6.0 Graphite

:Sub70: 699 Pro 2 Iron 17°  - Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 6.5 Graphite

:Sub70: 699u 4 Iron - KBS Tour 130 Steel 

:Sub70: 699 5-PW - KBS Tour 130 Steel

:cleveland-small: CG14 52°/56°/60° - KBS - Cleveland Traction Wedge Flex Steel Shafts 

:odyssey-small: White Hot #5 - Super Stroke Traxion

Hit a bucket at the range today trying to figure out how it all went wrong, lol.  Just took a pair of clubs I've never used before, an old Wilson Staff blade 8 iron and a Nike Slingshot 4 iron.  Realized too late that my alignment is way off again.  Sometimes it's the club head, sometimes it's my body, sometimes it's both.  

The 4 iron can be a thing of beauty off the tee, but overall today I was like Fulton Reed in the first Mighty Ducks; one out of five.  I need to get myself a little more consistent again but today felt like a step in the right direction.

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

Hit the range today to work on a pre shot routine. I've never had a consistent one and want something to help with the jitters I've had over the ball the last year or so. It's always felt like I spend way too much time over the ball. Now it's two waggles feeling the face being square in the takeaway and three taps and go. Still need to work on the last part, cause sometimes it's four or five taps. 

It was another good day, I'm starting to get in a better groove with my irons, I think I only shanked three. Two with the 52 and once with the seven. It's getting there. I was making good contact just slightly toward the heel, but for three shots I was consistent.

20220717_161454-01.jpeg.dcf169b72eddf80f5604e6f1198915b2.jpeg

I still need work on fairway woods as I'm hanging back a little and topping them. It's a weight shift thing and I know it's got a lot to do with my left ankle being weak from surgeries and getting sore after being back at work after a week off.

Driver was ok, I didn't hit a lot of shots with it because I was focused on irons and I tend to lose a lot of tees. At nearly $10 a pack, they're like gold.

Overall, I'm feeling good about how my ball striking is trending. 

28 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Hit the range today to work on a pre shot routine. I've never had a consistent one and want something to help with the jitters I've had over the ball the last year or so. It's always felt like I spend way too much time over the ball. Now it's two waggles feeling the face being square in the takeaway and three taps and go. Still need to work on the last part, cause sometimes it's four or five taps. 

It was another good day, I'm starting to get in a better groove with my irons, I think I only shanked three. Two with the 52 and once with the seven. It's getting there. I was making good contact just slightly toward the heel, but for three shots I was consistent.

I still need work on fairway woods as I'm hanging back a little and topping them. It's a weight shift thing and I know it's got a lot to do with my left ankle being weak from surgeries and getting sore after being back at work after a week off.

Driver was ok, I didn't hit a lot of shots with it because I was focused on irons and I tend to lose a lot of tees. At nearly $10 a pack, they're like gold.

It seems you’re getting more consistent ball striking every time you post. 

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

27 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

That’s good work. The pre-shot routine has been huge for me lately. I feel like I get myself back into the same mindset, stance, and focus for each shot without dwelling on it. It sounds like you are also figuring out what works for you. Keep it up!

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

24 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

... Great to hear! Probably difficult to do if your range has limited space between matts and it certainly helps if you can hit off the ground, but next range session I would suggest you line up at least 10 balls (20 is better) and just step up and hit each one in rapid succession. Don't rush, just step up and swing immediately which gives you no time to think. Most of my students started hitting better shots as they progressed through balls because that had no time for those jitters and they started to swing their swing. Of course when going back to addressing the ball and hitting real golf shots your pre shot routine will be very valuable, but having a free swing and understanding what that feels like can also be very useful. 

17 minutes ago, Rickp said:

It seems you’re getting more consistent ball striking every time you post. 

Thank you! It's starting to get there and I'm really happy to see the progress. 

16 minutes ago, ParFore74x said:

That’s good work. The pre-shot routine has been huge for me lately. I feel like I get myself back into the same mindset, stance, and focus for each shot without dwelling on it. It sounds like you are also figuring out what works for you. Keep it up!

100% agree. I have been dwelling in a bad place over the ball and having that focus on the routine helps calm the mind. 

I saw you shot another 91, congratulations on that!

15 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Great to hear! Probably difficult to do if your range has limited space between matts and it certainly helps if you can hit off the ground, but next range session I would suggest you line up at least 10 balls (20 is better) and just step up and hit each one in rapid succession. Don't rush, just step up and swing immediately which gives you no time to think. Most of my students started hitting better shots as they progressed through balls because that had no time for those jitters and they started to swing their swing. Of course when going back to addressing the ball and hitting real golf shots your pre shot routine will be very valuable, but having a free swing and understanding what that feels like can also be very useful. 

Thanks for the advice Sam! I'll try that the next time I'm on the range, even if I have to drag a couple of mats together. With the heat we've been having it's usually not too crowded and I can probably get away with that. The grass part of the range has been non existent since the new owner has taken over.