What/How did you practice today?

4 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Monte had some wizardry on my swing analysis to notice that I was getting to my left side too early, almost right away, plus my arms getting jammed up at the top of my swing, so my arms would continue moving to get more space even though my body stopped rotating. The part about getting to my left side too early made my swing feel really unathletic. He said i need to start the swing and get some pressure on the right side and it may feel like swaying to me.

I feel so much more athletic making that move. My swing feels the best it has ever felt. Shallow but neutral. 

That's a very nice swing!

When I find something that works, it's gone the next day after a night's sleep!! 🤣

Hope you remember how to do that.

• Like 4

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went to the range today with the intention of working on one of the drills from the Strike Plan where you try to intentionally hit a toe shot and then a heel shot to develop feel for each in order t

Hard to think of a cheaper training aid than some foot spray... Worth every penny

@Shankster @Lacassem @B.Boston @edingc radar came in yesterday, but due to my wife packing our house up last month, i didn’t have batteries. ran out this morning to get some and put it to the tes

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

That's a very nice swing!

When I find something that works, it's gone the next day after a night's sleep!! 🤣

Hope you remember how to do that.

Thanks. I know the two things that i need to feel. Pressure needs to go to the right foot to start the swing and i need to feel width in the backswing. The  “width” feel helps my width and depth.

The one thing that wrecks my swing is when my swing gets too long (even longer than the video). If it gets too long, then there is a good chance i won’t get my arms synced up to my pivot in the downswing.

• Like 4

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 4/27/2021
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Accra 95 icwt S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Two Ball Ten S Tour Lines - 31"

Worked on 140 and in; tried to hit the green on the sim using my 52, 48, and my 44 degree wedges. Really eye opening to see how swinging close to my top end really brings out my left miss. This just in spies: taking more club and swinging easier or hitting knockdown shots with a longer club can greatly improve your dispersion.

In related news, the sun is yellow and the sky is blue.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

24CC2B3B-0E46-4165-97D1-F1CA4C5041C8.png

On 4/21/2021 at 8:24 AM, StrokerAce said:

Right elbow, right pocket.... (POCKET, not hip...you start going towards the hip and you're in doo-doo <speaking from experience>)

This has really helped me mitigate the over-the-top/throw-the-club-out move.

Good stuff here from Rory and Martin...

Continuing with this theme in a little more detail.

Focusing on this has helped me *tremendously* in the last year. I used to do the opposite of what he describes here sometimes and it is an absolute swing killer.

I like the drill with the alignment rod (or snowstick as we call them in new england 🤣) in the right armpit.

• Like 4

G410 LST | SpeedZone Big Tour | TM Sim Max 5 | Titleist 818 H2 | Z785 | ZipCore | Exotics DG-1.3

Worked at the range on driver face contact. Everything still heel side. Got frustrated and just cleared head and swung away and things were better. Thinking my head gets in the way too much. Or I just need to swing with anger and the ball and club obeys. 🤷‍♂️

otherwise wedge and putting practice with Qstar divide. Very useful for those applications. 

• Like 3

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ with Tensei Orange Pro S (1" tipped) at 44.5"

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff (shaft may be swapped at some point) 

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff UPRT setting 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: :taylormade-small: Corza Ghost 35" ( Benched :odyssey-small: Toulon Las Vegas Stroke Lab  34") Soon to be testing TAIII Impact #2 Putter

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X

:Arccos:

Today was another SuperSpeed day and while doing that, I was working on getting my clubhead outside my hands and trying to lessen my outside to in path. Had some pretty good speeds and felt like I was coming more from the inside.

Got out just a few minutes ago with a club and the GoPro to get video to see if it worked. After looking at the video, it was better. The clubhead was still a hair to the inside of my hands, but it looked like my path was better than the extreme OTT I had Sunday at the range. 

I get my first Moderna shot tomorrow and if that doesn't adversely affect me, I'm going to the range or possibly play. We've been cut down to eight hour days and that should give me time after work to hit some balls. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Today was another SuperSpeed day and while doing that, I was working on getting my clubhead outside my hands and trying to lessen my outside to in path. Had some pretty good speeds and felt like I was coming more from the inside.

Got out just a few minutes ago with a club and the GoPro to get video to see if it worked. After looking at the video, it was better. The clubhead was still a hair to the inside of my hands, but it looked like my path was better than the extreme OTT I had Sunday at the range. 

I get my first Moderna shot tomorrow and if that doesn't adversely affect me, I'm going to the range or possibly play. We've been cut down to eight hour days and that should give me time after work to hit some balls. 

Good luck with the shot. Wife goes for the second tomorrow and she was good after the first. Hope ya get some swings in, careful of that soreness!

• Like 4

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S :odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

25 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Good luck with the shot. Wife goes for the second tomorrow and she was good after the first. Hope ya get some swings in, careful of that soreness!

I appreciate that! My wife got the Pfizer and felt lethargic afterward and I just don't want that or getting fever or chills. Hopefully the last couple of hours of work will work any soreness out. 

• Like 4

I spent a few minutes today thinking about why I don't setup my short wedge shots to use the bounce and what it looks like to setup a wedge shot to expose the bounce. I know about the bounce concept, but for some reason i like to set myself up for failure with the leading edge jammed into the ground at setup on pitch shots. 

• Like 5

Updated 4/27/2021

4 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I appreciate that! My wife got the Pfizer and felt lethargic afterward and I just don't want that or getting fever or chills. Hopefully the last couple of hours of work will work any soreness out. 

I’ll be going next week for dose 1 of Moderna. Also hoping for minimal effects. 

My wife however, is preparing for “Severe Man-Cold” symptoms. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :Snell: MTB-X | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

More work on hip rotation and foot work.  Some time on the range, then off with a friend to play a stress free 9 holes.  Lessons are beginning to pay dividends and I'm finding more success each day out it seems.  Ball striking has been improving nicely.  Next up, I need to address wedge play 75 and in, mainly distance control.

• Like 1

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M4 3W (16.5*), 5W (21*), 7W (24*), Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 52*, 56*, 60* wedges.  Stock shafts.

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Took my dad to Imaging at the hospital for x-rays on his neck; hopefully next week he will be able to take cervical collar off.  When I got home, a package was waiting for me at the front door!!  

I had ordered a set of Mizuno MP20 HMB with UST Recoil ESX 460 F3 regular graphite shafts the day before MGS published the Most Wanted Player's Distance Irons with the HMB's being the Most Wanted.  They were a used set in excellent condition and about $400 less than new.  I can live with that!!

So I headed to the course and my wife met me there.  Played a 9 hole practice round to get a feel for how they play and how far I hit them compared to my Bridgestone SGI clubs; certainly shorter because of the weaker lofts.  I hit some good shots and some really bad shots!  These clubs are much lighter; it doesn't take much to get my swing out of sync.  It will be awhile before these clubs are prime time, but...

I bogeyed the first two holes; the two easiest holes on the front nine; my wife birdied both of them.  

I parred #3; the #1 handicap hole with a great drive and nice 7i that ended up in the greenside bunker; sandy par.  

The par 3 #4 playing 150y into a strong breeze, I hit the 6i to 8 feet and made the birdie; I would normally have hit my 8i.  

On the par 5 #5 playing 525y into that same breeze, I hit another great drive and decided to hit the 4i to see if I could actually hit a 4i; two 4i shots and I'm 10y in front of the green; get up and down for par.  I par #6, bogey #7 and #8 and par #9 for a round of 40.  I have a difficult time shooting 40 with my other irons in the wind, so there is promise.  More practice needed.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

2 hours ago, dlow206 said:

I spent a few minutes today thinking about why I don't setup my short wedge shots to use the bounce and what it looks like to setup a wedge shot to expose the bounce. I know about the bounce concept, but for some reason i like to set myself up for failure with the leading edge jammed into the ground at setup on pitch shots. 

Bounce is your friend... use it!!!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Even if the arm hurts, it doesn't affect hitting a ball... at least it didn't with me.  My feeling is that swinging a golf club actually helps lessen the time the arm hurts.  No data to support that, but it sounded good so I did it.  😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Kenny B said:

Bounce is your friend... use it!!!

It has taken me a while to really understand what using the bounce means, what the club looks like at setup to expose the bounce, etc. 

• Like 3

Updated 4/27/2021

3 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

It has taken me a while to really understand what using the bounce means, what the club looks like at setup to expose the bounce, etc. 

It really sunk in for me when I watch a Golf Channel video years ago with Paul Azinger.  He made it sound so simple; I tried it and What a difference!!

I frequently refer back to Monte's Use the Bounce videos, and every time I pick up something new I had missed before.  So much good info.  

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

It really sunk in for me when I watch a Golf Channel video years ago with Paul Azinger.  He made it sound so simple; I tried it and What a difference!!

I frequently refer back to Monte's Use the Bounce videos, and every time I pick up something new I had missed before.  So much good info.  

Outside of golf, I'm smart and learn and pickup things quickly.

With golf, I feel like my brain is dense and doesn't get something, forgets about something, or just doesn't apply something.

• Like 5

Updated 4/27/2021

35 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Those are so good. I may need to look again as I had two pitch/chips Sunday where I flat out 45* shanked right

• Like 2

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ with Tensei Orange Pro S (1" tipped) at 44.5"

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff (shaft may be swapped at some point) 

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff UPRT setting 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: :taylormade-small: Corza Ghost 35" ( Benched :odyssey-small: Toulon Las Vegas Stroke Lab  34") Soon to be testing TAIII Impact #2 Putter

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X

:Arccos:

6 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Even if the arm hurts, it doesn't affect hitting a ball... at least it didn't with me.  My feeling is that swinging a golf club actually helps lessen the time the arm hurts.  No data to support that, but it sounded good so I did it.  😂

Moving actually probably is good for it. A) keeps your mind off it and B) blood flow since it’s right jnto your muscle that movement Is good for it actually now that ya mention it!

kennyB is a closet genius! Everyone had excuses for golF now

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S :odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

8 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Outside of golf, I'm smart and learn and pickup things quickly.

With golf, I feel like my brain is dense and doesn't get something, forgets about something, or just doesn't apply something.

Sounds exactly like me!!  The older you get, the worse it is.  When I sleep at night, my mind does a 3-finger salute!!  😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1