What/How did you practice today?

jlukes

So I’ve been working at this for over 3 years. When I started my driver swing speed was mid 80’s. Slowly but surely it’s been coming up.  It made its way into the 90’s and stayed in the low 90’s until last fall when I started doing PT. 

Today I hit three straight drives with a rapsodo measured SS of 100 mph.  

I also hit a bunch of driver/GW combos as that will be my most likely combo on the first hole tomorrow in league.  

I also hit a few 7 irons and then 3 gorgeous 7 woods at a flag that was 187 - all of them rolled out past that flag. 

Ended with 5 or 6 54 degree wedges and then went to putt for a bit. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Taylor Made Sim2  10.5 (Opened 1 click) Ventus Blue 5  R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Tour Exotics 3 wood is in the bag because we are allowed 14 clubs.  It's a great club for pulling balls out of the water or from bushes - you never want to put your hand into anything in Florida unless you are absolutely certain that it's safe.  There are rare wind conditions when I might hit it off the tee on a few holes that I play.  

I love a nice quiet range in the morning 🙂 

7B4B8901-2CA2-4A61-A2D3-794679720EBE.jpeg.b14adf8028ccd17061371ce859c52e76.jpeg

I hit a small bucket, started with wedges and went through the bag. I tried to feel like everything was a 3/4 punch shot and it’s incredible how much distance I get doing that. I stay connected and in control. 

Tried some drivers and mini drivers but the 4w beat them both on consistency and flight. I’m not even bringing driver to my next round. I’m fine with the mini on holes that have wide fairways but for anything else I’m just hitting 4w off the tee and let’s see how many penalties I get & what my score is. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:ping-small: iWedge 58*
:cleveland-small: #10
Whatever ball I have 3 dozen of that my kids got me as a gift

Twitter: @russtopherb

4 hours ago, mikeanthony said:

Had an “ah-ha” moment at the 12th hole this past Sunday. Pushed my tee shot to the right, which left me with a second shot that did allow me to get a good shoulder turn, but only a 3-qtr swing ... for an overhanging tree branch was in the way of a full swing. 

Additionally, just up ahead was another tree with low branches that I wanted to get the ball under. I thought to myself at the time, ‘back swing like Finau, follow through like Fleetwood’ ... well, the result was eye opening. A flighted low piercing 7i that went under the tree branch up ahead, and left me with a great 3rd shot into the green.

Mimicked that swing for the remaining holes and my iron game was on fire. Ended up shooting a 39 on the back ... best 9 hole score in quite some time.

Visited the range yesterday with the same idea in mind ... short, compact, compressed backswing, with a low follow-thru and finish. (Yes, I did get new iron heads, soon before long there’ll be scuffs all over the face 😂) Here’s to hoping that those swing thoughts will be the ONLY thought processes as I’m standing over my iron shots going fwd. 

Our two posts back to back are interesting and a bit funny 🙂

What's even funnier is a FB memory popped up today of a picture of me at a driving range a few years ago with the caption about a more compact swing that "felt slower" resulted in 10+ yards more per shot. Funny how we sometimes never learn our lesson about not swinging out of our shoes? 

An overhanging tree branch led to my one and only ace. The tee box markers were right under a tree that was overhanging a stone wall on the course's property line. So I felt like I could only go back halfway to what I was used to, so I took one club longer and swung back to what felt like waist-high. The ball took one hop and went into the cup. 

Again - maybe I'll finally learn one of these days!

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

Our two posts back to back are interesting and a bit funny 🙂

What's even funnier is a FB memory popped up today of a picture of me at a driving range a few years ago with the caption about a more compact swing that "felt slower" resulted in 10+ yards more per shot. Funny how we sometimes never learn our lesson about not swinging out of our shoes? 

An overhanging tree branch led to my one and only ace. The tee box markers were right under a tree that was overhanging a stone wall on the course's property line. So I felt like I could only go back halfway to what I was used to, so I took one club longer and swung back to what felt like waist-high. The ball took one hop and went into the cup. 

Again - maybe I'll finally learn one of these days!

... Good stuff guys and this is one of the reasons taking lessons is never a bad idea. One thing I learned very quickly teaching is what you think you are doing and what you are actually doing is almost always 2 different things. I would take golfers with backswings that looked like a very poor imitation of John Daly and ask them to take a backswing no more than 1/2 way back. If they were going to err, then err on the side of over doing it and it is just mind boggling to watch them swing  to 90 maybe even 95% of their normal swing and have them say "I felt like I swung halfway and it almost felt like a chip!" For most without a specific drill or me standing there with a club held over their shoulder so they would hit it when swinging more than 50% of their normal backswing length, they had little chance of significantly shortening their swing. 

... That said, making discoveries on your own is always a good thing. Regardless of how much shorter your swing actually is, making good contact and hitting good shots is the goal and it seems like both of you have accomplished that. 🤗 Just be aware that we tend to go in 2 different directions when incorporating something new into our swings. Since we know it works we start to over do the move, which is pretty natural and under the watchful eye of an instructor we can keep that in check. Really that is all most Tour  instructors do, make sure they don't over do anything and stop them before they do. Watching these guys on the range make a Pro move their hands 1/2" forward or back at address and then seeing the player start really hitting it pure is really telling. The second tendency is the brain wants to go back to what is comfortable so the swing will start getting longer and longer a tiny bit at a time. Then tension can set in as you are trying to shorten the swing when it is back to its' normal length and that can cause tension and poor shots and again very natural. Of course this is one of the reasons the golf swing is so difficult to execute day in and day out. Chip Beck shoots a 59 and then loses his card the next year and never made it back being an extreme example. 

... So what I am saying is doing something new, especially when it works is a great idea and something we all do, but don't be surprised if the change doesn't become permanent without an instructor keeping an eye on the changes. 

• Like 6

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Tensei Raw Blue 60R
Fairway:  TaylorMade SIM2 Max 15* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
                 Cobra SZ 18.5* ... Even Flow 75R
Utility:   TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
              Taylor Made Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Limited 75R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Steelfiber 95R
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Steelfiber 95R
                 Vokey SM8 58* ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

Funny how we sometimes never learn our lesson about not swinging out of our shoes?

Truer words have never been more spoken! Lol 

But kidding aside, it really is amazing how we know of certain swing ideas we should execute, but rarely do. I attribute that to informational overload. And I know this is easier said than done, but I am consciously going to practice and play with that swing thought every time going fwd until it's ingrained in my swing DNA. 

MGS Spies will be my accountability partners! 🤣

Edited by mikeanthony
  • Like 5

The 🙌🏼 ... GO CANES!

Driver: :titelist-small: TS2 9*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19*

Irons: post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TS2 (5i-6i); TS1 (7i-GW)

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 54* & 58*

Putter: :ping-small:  Heppler Anser 2

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1 & :Snell: MTB-Black

1 hour ago, chisag said:

... So what I am saying is doing something new, especially when it works is a great idea and something we all do, but don't be surprised if the change doesn't become permanent without an instructor keeping an eye on the changes. 

Completely agreed. I recently learned "my guy" has relocated for day job, and I'll need to find someone new to work with. I still use the tips/thoughts he gave me a few years back, and I'll say again - he single handedly, in the span of about 5 mins, fixed a huge flaw that I spent nearly 2 years trying to self-diagnose. 

• Like 5

Poorly. Trying to get used to an indoor simulator for when the Max LS comes in. This time the space was much larger and more comfortable, but still my delivery is off. Short irons are ok, but the issue seems to be that I am massively coming over the top, with driver it was so bad that the QC Quad could not see I had four dots on it I was so out to on. On the plus side I do hit up on the driver so there is that. 

The guy who runs it is an instructor, but a little pricey but with how bad it was I am certainly considering it. My swing has been better just have a bit of a flying elbow right now. Back to basics on keeping that shoulder tucked in and exaggerating the move for now. When I was playing a lot and we'll in high school I was a bit of a picker with shallow divots, but today I was massively down on my irons. Again speaks to me dropping on the club like a sledge hammer.

Unfortunately right now it kinda an either or situation. I could pay for some lessons though I won't get to play much, or I get okay a bit more before my third child arrives this fall. So for now I go it alone and see if I can get back to a better place. Though if it does not get much better after some time its probably time for my first lesson.

• Like 6

:callaway-small:Epic Max LS Review

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g 6.5 | :taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff 

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff | :titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff

:ping-small:  I500 5 - UW Red Dot Dynamic Gold S300 | :Hogan: Equalizer 52° / 56° KBS Tour V 110 Stiff

:cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0 | :ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :bridgestone-small: Tour BX | Right Handed 

Solid morning at the range today. Great flight from woods off the tee and I've noticed that my iron flight has straightened out considerably over the past few weeks. Excited to get out to play a round soon and see if it translates to the course.

• Like 5

Went to the range during lunch yesterday...amidst all the smoke from the fires in SE AZ & SW NM.  Finally got to hit my 4-5 iron ZX5s, and I really like them, but I have some work to do...everything seemed to be hooking too much.  I have a tournament this Saturday and it's supposed to get up to 103*.  I've been working on my tempo and firing my hips through, trying to get better rotation.  My last 3 rounds have all been the best of the year to this point (85,84,83) so I hope I can keep it going, but I'll be playing a track (NM Tech) that I've only played once before, which was a tournament last year and shot my best tournament round to that point...86.

• Like 8
  • In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

Had a good range day yesterday.  Took the planemate with me and did some warmup before hitting.  I tried to hit some balls with it on but I need A LOT more work in that area.  I might have to go back to the short band and just do pitching motions.

Took the planemate off and started to have some fun including this cross-range pitch to the trampoline.  It's about 80 yards from there and I used my GW as the PW was carrying just over the top.  It's a fun target to hit to and a bonus when you bounce it off!

Then I progressed through the bag and ended up hitting some really good drives including this one which carried to the tree along the fence at the end of the range (about 260).  Since making some adjustments to my grip and changing the settings on the driver it's flown considerably straighter and I am not seeing nearly as much left to right.  It's starting to scare me a little.

Lastly I worked on hitting some shots to the 100 yard marker with my GW to really work on a smooth feel.  I was very impressed with this series of shots as they flew exactly where I wanted, and I even got a nice draw on the last one.

I feel like I'm starting to round into mid-season form, now I just need to get out and play some more this year.  

• Like 3
  • Love 4

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

7 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Had a good range day yesterday.  Took the planemate with me and did some warmup before hitting.  I tried to hit some balls with it on but I need A LOT more work in that area.  I might have to go back to the short band and just do pitching motions.

Took the planemate off and started to have some fun including this cross-range pitch to the trampoline.  It's about 80 yards from there and I used my GW as the PW was carrying just over the top.  It's a fun target to hit to and a bonus when you bounce it off!

Then I progressed through the bag and ended up hitting some really good drives including this one which carried to the tree along the fence at the end of the range (about 260).  Since making some adjustments to my grip and changing the settings on the driver it's flown considerably straighter and I am not seeing nearly as much left to right.  It's starting to scare me a little.

Lastly I worked on hitting some shots to the 100 yard marker with my GW to really work on a smooth feel.  I was very impressed with this series of shots as they flew exactly where I wanted, and I even got a nice draw on the last one.

I feel like I'm starting to round into mid-season form, now I just need to get out and play some more this year.  

Crazy! That first swing with your gap wedge was so smooth that I thought it was a practice swing until I heard you hit the ball.

• Like 5

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 8.2 (Last Updated July 30, 2021)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Max LS (9°), 45.75", Dumina AutoFlex SF505X | Unofficial AutoFlex Review
17° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Super Hybrid, 41.5", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
18.5° Driving Iron: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2016 Model), 39.5", Mitsubishi MMT Utility 105 TX
21° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Flash, 40", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
4-AW:  
Sub70_Logo_WhtBlk.jpg.aee386374adf9afd31a02b989c839f9d.jpg Sub70 699 (4-6)/699 Pro (7-AW) Combo Set, 1° Flat, 37" 7 Iron, Mitsubishi MMT Taper 105 TX | Build Thread
54°, 58°:
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING MIM Black, 1° Flat, 35.5", 35.25", Mitsubishi MMT Wedge 105 TX | #CobraConnect Review
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
lamkin.png.5081890e009ae78e16066ee0fd18b7c0.png Lamkin Sonar Tour
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: :Arccos: Arccos | #CobraConnect Review
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8 | Unofficial Review

WITB? | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

4 minutes ago, edingc said:

Crazy! That first swing with your gap wedge was so smooth that I thought it was a practice swing until I heard you hit the ball.

Thanks!  Hoping I can keep that feeling out on the course.  I tend to play much better when I'm on the smoother end of aggressive.  I'll be trying to use that tempo and level of effort on my closer approach shots.  It's smooth, but I have enough effort and speed that I feel like I stay in sync.

• Like 7

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

After dinner my son asked if we could go to the driving range, and who am I to say no to a request like that? We got there too late to use the grass section but thankfully this range has the mats with two sections, one flatter & harder and one that's fluffier that I hit off of to cushion my wrists and elbows as much as I can. Plus, it's harder to hit a good fat shot off of that section of the mat.

We had a blast trying to hit various signs out on the range. I bested my son with wedges, hitting the 50 yard marker twice and the 100 yard once while he hit the 200 yard marker on the roll with his 4h 🤣 The kid overswings like Daly but his coach taught him how to hit fairly straight. If I can get him to stop with the hero shots on the course, he's going to be way better than me sooner rather than later. My 4w was again just so solid off the tee, if anything it had a baby fade but was pretty straight for the most part. 

• Like 5

Had an interesting range session this afternoon - haven't been hitting balls in practice too much as my back has been acting up, and want to kinda save it for actual play, but I really needed (not "wanted" .. *needed*!) to try to work out my problems with hitting a golf ball sitting up on a tee. 

After loosening up with a wedge with a series of increasing effort / increasing distance swings, took a 4H and tee'ed up a ball ...

Topped.

Same as I've been doing way too often on the course.

Step back, take a breath, run thru a few rehearsal swings with weight shift, extending the arms, etc etc.

Tee up another. Same result. Followed by a few more of the same...

I know that I still .. even after many lessons .. have a problem hanging back but I am starting to move through the ball a little. Buuuut... tho my legs and hips are bumping forward, my upper body will still hang back (which is probably one more cause of stress on my back...).

Had been thinking about this and decided to experiment: tee'ed the ball slightly lower and moved it a little back.

Smack! Ball flew straight downrange. Smack! another; then several more in succession.

What a difference!

But then I got a little greedy and started hitting another ball too quickly - had a few pull hooks _and_ a few push fades. Hellllooo two way miss! 🤪

Switched it up and hit a few balls with a 6i and a few with a GW, then back to the 4H off a low tee. Not all great shots but all went downrange and no topped shots.

So I'm not gonna say I "solved" my problem, but I am gonna be even more careful going forward with my setup at address 👍

• Like 7

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Epic Speed 4W (Project X Cypher)
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 7W (Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway Super Hybrid 23 (PX Catalyst) and Big Bertha 19 5H (Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g, P2 Reflex Tour)
..all in a Datrek bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

Quick driving range session at lunch today. It’s easy to see why my 52* is my favorite club in the bag - this is from 5 consecutive shots (one of them was a low-flighted spinner off the bottom groove, the others were all identical):

A859C174-59C4-4EC0-A9A6-5686F929D736.jpeg.aef65b4f82ec46c42c8d30be827bf78f.jpeg

Unfortunately the longer my irons get, the further out towards the toe I tend to make contact. Something to keep working on I guess, here’s my 9 iron:

A803F766-7D90-4713-B280-866D647C46FC.jpeg.139710b88eb1861ef2c684a356a5560a.jpeg

• Like 7

Check out my review of the  EXPUTT Putting Simulator

Driver - :nike-small: Vapor Speed, 9.5°, Fubuki Z50 S
Hybrid - Warrior 3H

Irons - :wilson_staff_small: D200 5-GW, uniflex, std length/loft/lie
Wedges - :cleveland-small: CBX 52°, 58°
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"

Ball - :srixon-small: Z-Star XV

17 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Had an interesting range session this afternoon - haven't been hitting balls in practice too much as my back has been acting up, and want to kinda save it for actual play, but I really needed (not "wanted" .. *needed*!) to try to work out my problems with hitting a golf ball sitting up on a tee. 

After loosening up with a wedge with a series of increasing effort / increasing distance swings, took a 4H and tee'ed up a ball ...

Topped.

Same as I've been doing way too often on the course.

Step back, take a breath, run thru a few rehearsal swings with weight shift, extending the arms, etc etc.

Tee up another. Same result. Followed by a few more of the same...

I know that I still .. even after many lessons .. have a problem hanging back but I am starting to move through the ball a little. Buuuut... tho my legs and hips are bumping forward, my upper body will still hang back (which is probably one more cause of stress on my back...).

Had been thinking about this and decided to experiment: tee'ed the ball slightly lower and moved it a little back.

Smack! Ball flew straight downrange. Smack! another; then several more in succession.

What a difference!

But then I got a little greedy and started hitting another ball too quickly - had a few pull hooks _and_ a few push fades. Hellllooo two way miss! 🤪

Switched it up and hit a few balls with a 6i and a few with a GW, then back to the 4H off a low tee. Not all great shots but all went downrange and no topped shots.

So I'm not gonna say I "solved" my problem, but I am gonna be even more careful going forward with my setup at address 👍

Stick with it, man!

If I can add just 1 little tidbit that's worked for me in the past ... I have a tendency to top my irons or tee shots once in a great while, and the minute I do, I remember to do the following; an old head pro mentioned that I should try to have the ever so slightest pause/hitch at the top of my back-swing, and then initiate my down-swing.

And what do you know, I hit a flushed shot almost every time. He told me that I'm in such a hurry to start my downswing that I start it with my arms, my hips get behind, I come across the ball, and then I lift up out of the swing and top it. 

But truthfully, grip and ball placement/stance/setup are probably the two most important things as well. 

Hope your next range session is better! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

The 🙌🏼 ... GO CANES!

Driver: :titelist-small: TS2 9*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19*

Irons: post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TS2 (5i-6i); TS1 (7i-GW)

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 54* & 58*

Putter: :ping-small:  Heppler Anser 2

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1 & :Snell: MTB-Black

58 minutes ago, mikeanthony said:

Stick with it, man!

If I can add just 1 little tidbit that's worked for me in the past ... I have a tendency to top my irons or tee shots once in a great while, and the minute I do, I remember to do the following; an old head pro mentioned that I should try to have the ever so slightest pause/hitch at the top of my back-swing, and then initiate my down-swing.

And what do you know, I hit a flushed shot almost every time. He told me that I'm in such a hurry to start my downswing that I start it with my arms, my hips get behind, I come across the ball, and then I lift up out of the swing and top it. 

But truthfully, grip and ball placement/stance/setup are probably the two most important things as well. 

Hope your next range session is better! 

Just don't pull a Charles Barkley trying to add that pause at the top of your swing!

• Haha 3

Check out my review of the  EXPUTT Putting Simulator

Driver - :nike-small: Vapor Speed, 9.5°, Fubuki Z50 S
Hybrid - Warrior 3H

Irons - :wilson_staff_small: D200 5-GW, uniflex, std length/loft/lie
Wedges - :cleveland-small: CBX 52°, 58°
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"

Ball - :srixon-small: Z-Star XV

Spent an hour on the range today - it’s very hot so didn’t want to over do it. 

I think the lag shot is going to the closet. I swing it for a while yesterday and I was getting stuck inside, again - I broke out of it by trying to hit some fades but getting stuck seems to happen every time I use the thing. I’m still happy that I got it because the videos are good but it’s becoming clear that it doesn’t address an issue that I have. 

The guy next to me had voice caddy - I showed him my rapsodo and he took the info about it down - it does have more data and the video element is great.

Looking forward to playing on Sunday. Will chip and putt tomorrow. 

• Like 3

Taylor Made Sim2  10.5 (Opened 1 click) Ventus Blue 5  R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Tour Exotics 3 wood is in the bag because we are allowed 14 clubs.  It's a great club for pulling balls out of the water or from bushes - you never want to put your hand into anything in Florida unless you are absolutely certain that it's safe.  There are rare wind conditions when I might hit it off the tee on a few holes that I play.  

My new Sim 2 Max arrived today, so I went to our crappy public course to play 9 and try this driver vs my gamer. The Sim 2 Max has the Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.5 shaft in it, standard length. Fairways were pretty wet, but early signs on distance are pretty impressive for the Sim 2 Max! I’ll be taking it with me on the road this week, so we’ll see how it does on some dry fairways… And rough.

• Like 4

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Super Hybrid 17*, Aldila RIP Alpha 105 S, tipped 1”

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All clubs have :Arccos:  In the Winn Dri-Tac 2.0 Oversize grips