What/How did you practice today?

jlukes

11 hours ago, PMookie said:

My new Sim 2 Max arrived today, so I went to our crappy public course to play 9 and try this driver vs my gamer. The Sim 2 Max has the Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.5 shaft in it, standard length. Fairways were pretty wet, but early signs on distance are pretty impressive for the Sim 2 Max! I’ll be taking it with me on the road this week, so we’ll see how it does on some dry fairways… And rough.

The ball really scoots when it hits the ground off of mine. I will be anxious to hear how that works out for you. 

• Like 4

Taylor Made Sim2  10.5 (Opened 1 click) Ventus Blue 5  R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Tour Exotics 3 wood is in the bag because we are allowed 14 clubs.  It's a great club for pulling balls out of the water or from bushes - you never want to put your hand into anything in Florida unless you are absolutely certain that it's safe.  There are rare wind conditions when I might hit it off the tee on a few holes that I play.  

After my round yesterday dug up some Adam young work as I was slicing my driver all over the place. On the range things were fine. The course not so much. When I slice I know I get super in the heel. Did some foot spray and whiffles with the intention on every swing to try and hit the toe. Foot spray didn’t lie. Need to keep that swing thought with my driver and I think I’ll be fine. 

now to just fix my putting issues (see TA testing thread)

• Like 2

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ with Tensei Orange Pro S (1" tipped) at 44.5"

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff 

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff UPRT setting 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: TAII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter (Testing SIK DW 2.0 35" double bend)

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X

:Arccos:

Went to the range with my son today and split a large bucket of balls. He ended up hitting about 90 of the 110 balls we got because I just couldn’t stop watching him hit bombs. Not bad for not even being 4.5 yet!  I drool just watching his natural swing. The only instruction I’ve ever given him is “swing faster and hit bombs”

• Like 6
  • Love 2

CC5 sig.png

6 hours ago, revkev said:

The ball really scoots when it hits the ground off of mine. I will be anxious to hear how that works out for you. 

Good to hear! I’m excited to see because mine is down at 7* so it should get some good roll when I find a hard fairway again!

• Like 3

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Super Hybrid 17*, Aldila RIP Alpha 105 S, tipped 1”

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All clubs have :Arccos:  In the Winn Dri-Tac 2.0 Oversize grips

3 hours ago, jlukes said:

Went to the range with my son today and split a large bucket of balls. He ended up hitting about 90 of the 110 balls we got because I just couldn’t stop watching him hit bombs. Not bad for not even being 4.5 yet!  I drool just watching his natural swing. The only instruction I’ve ever given him is “swing faster and hit bombs”

His swing looks so good and he hit that one so straight. I don't blame you for just sitting there watching it. 

• Like 3

Did some work today with the Gankas shallower .. then used the new driver to hit some .. resllly like the cobra SZ 

• Like 7

:ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:taylormade-small: 3 Rescue Hybrid

:mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW OBAN CT-100 Hard Step S Shafts  

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

3 minutes ago, Nolan220 said:

Did some work today with the Gankas shallower .. then used the new driver to hit some .. resllly like the cobra SZ 

How is that shallower? Is that the one that goes between your forearms?

• Like 3

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

5 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

How is that shallower? Is that the one that goes between your forearms?

Yes, I like it a lot I first put it on and just took regular full swings and right away it shows my arms at impact aren’t good at all .. so I start to swing and make sure both arms at impact are on the box and you can tell the difference right away more pure of a strike 

• Like 5

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

On 6/11/2021 at 4:35 PM, mikeanthony said:

He told me that I'm in such a hurry to start my downswing that I start it with my arms, my hips get behind, I come across the ball, and then I lift up out of the swing and top it. 

Thanks! Appreciate the encouragement and the feedback!

What you outlined ^there^ is probably *exactly* what I'm doing... 

Been plugging away at this crazy game for a while .. including trying to understand that ever-elusive concept of tempo .. so I've got to work to be more conscious of that and not rush the swing .. hit it better, not harder I have to remind myself ......

• Like 4

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Epic Speed 4W (Project X Cypher)
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 7W (Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway Super Hybrid 23 (PX Catalyst) and Big Bertha 19 5H (Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g, P2 Reflex Tour)
..all in a Datrek bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

10 hours ago, Nolan220 said:

Yes, I like it a lot I first put it on and just took regular full swings and right away it shows my arms at impact aren’t good at all .. so I start to swing and make sure both arms at impact are on the box and you can tell the difference right away more pure of a strike 

Have you ever tried the Tour Striker smart ball to make a comparison?  

• Like 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter:  :seemore-small: mFGP2

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180, Bellum Winmore 787

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

39 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Have you ever tried the Tour Striker smart ball to make a comparison?  

I haven’t, not sure how I would like that hanging around my neck ? But seems like similar concept . Have you tried the tour strike ?

• Like 2

Life has been way too busy the past few weeks and practice time has shrunk to nothing except maybe 15 minutes now and then for some putting.  Playing has been limited to the weekly 9 hole league.  I hit some into the net between chores yesterday using a 3/4 swing trying to get the feel of good compression contact again.  I haven't been happy with my iron contact in the league the last few weeks and for me the reason is lack of practice / play.  I hit a few like I wanted to but too many OTT & fat contact swings were still showing up.  

• Like 4

Modern Bag:  Ping G410+ 9*, Accra TourZ X265 M5;  Snake Eyes 18* & 23* Hybrids; Golfsmith Tour Cavity Forged 3i;  Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  Ping Heppler Fetch;  Ball - Snell MTB-X; Bag - Sun Mountain H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - Wilson Staff Persimmon; 3w - Hogan Speed Slot; 5w - Wilson Staff Tour Block; 3 - pw - Staff Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

1 hour ago, Shapotomous said:

Life has been way too busy the past few weeks and practice time has shrunk to nothing except maybe 15 minutes now and then for some putting.  Playing has been limited to the weekly 9 hole league.  I hit some into the net between chores yesterday using a 3/4 swing trying to get the feel of good compression contact again.  I haven't been happy with my iron contact in the league the last few weeks and for me the reason is lack of practice / play.  I hit a few like I wanted to but too many OTT & fat contact swings were still showing up.  

Ya hard to make changes when life happens. Keep up the good practice. If you have room in your house to swing a club, I highly recommend the divot board to help with low point control

• Like 3

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ with Tensei Orange Pro S (1" tipped) at 44.5"

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff UPRT setting 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: TAII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter (Testing SIK DW 2.0 35" double bend)

Was planning to sneak to the range. Woke my wife up when getting ready . Stayed home and worked on putting inside instead. 

• Like 3

Had a range day today. Was pretty tired by the end. First 3/4 of the bucket was great. Went through the bag had some great swings and contact. Focusing on face control and tempo. Messed around with some shot shaping too which I was happy with.

on course I felt myself going back to old tendencies, today I focused on breaking those tendencies (all planemate stuff) and it was great. Still need to keep my back planted as I am still jumping the hips forward but I’m content because striking is much much much better

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Thread

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green  I :taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S I:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

8 hours ago, Nolan220 said:

I haven’t, not sure how I would like that hanging around my neck ? But seems like similar concept . Have you tried the tour strike ?

I have tried it for a little while but nothing too serious.  the strap didn't bother me but I only used it for about 10 minutes  Looking for an aid to help keep my right elbow from flying and have a few on my list: smart ball, shallower, structure ball, etc.   Once the next club testing starts I am going to see if I can borrow the one MGS has.  

• Like 3

Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

4 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I have tried it for a little while but nothing too serious.  the strap didn't bother me but I only used it for about 10 minutes  Looking for an aid to help keep my right elbow from flying and have a few on my list: smart ball, shallower, structure ball, etc.   Once the next club testing starts I am going to see if I can borrow the one MGS has.  

Tin-Cup.jpg

• Haha 2

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Tensei Raw Blue 60R
Fairway:  TaylorMade SIM2 Max 15* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
                 Cobra SZ 18.5* ... Even Flow 75R
Utility:   TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
              Taylor Made Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Limited 75R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Steelfiber 95R
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Steelfiber 95R
                 Vokey SM8 58* ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

21 minutes ago, chisag said:

Tin-Cup.jpg

🤪  I get what you are saying, but it is something that my coach has recommended and not a self diagnosis.  While trying to diagnose my toe strikes,  he discovered that when I transition to the downswing my right elbow separates from my left which causes me to manipulate the club and end up striking the toe.   When I am able to keep the elbows closer together I make center contact.     I have tried a bunch of the balls I have around the house and nothing works really well;  too hard to use.   I saw a video online of someone using something like a triangular sponge but didn't know what it was.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cnosil said:

🤪  I get what you are saying, but it is something that my coach has recommended and not a self diagnosis.  While trying to diagnose my toe strikes,  he discovered that when I transition to the downswing my right elbow separates from my left which causes me to manipulate the club and end up striking the toe.   When I am able to keep the elbows closer together I make center contact.     I have tried a bunch of the balls I have around the house and nothing works really well;  too hard to use.   I saw a video online of someone using something like a triangular sponge but didn't know what it was.  

... It was just too irresistible and of course I was just funnin'.  I am a big believer in using anything that works so good luck!  

• Like 2

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Tensei Raw Blue 60R
Fairway:  TaylorMade SIM2 Max 15* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
                 Cobra SZ 18.5* ... Even Flow 75R
Utility:   TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
              Taylor Made Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Limited 75R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Steelfiber 95R
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Steelfiber 95R
                 Vokey SM8 58* ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

3 minutes ago, chisag said:

... It was just too irresistible and of course I was just funnin'.  I am a big believer in using anything that works so good luck!  

I know you were joking;  but did want to explain that I wasn't just trying it for no reason.  

• Like 1