What/How did you practice today?

jlukes

On 11/21/2021 at 6:27 PM, edingc said:

That may be on my purchase list for next fall. This cage has a target and baffle net that could be replaced by an impact screen for about $250. The projecter would have to go on the ground, which would require a $300 protective case, plus cost of the projector. Probably another $1k investment total, and it would have to be setup and torn down each time. As it is right now, I can go from cars in the garage to fully setup and hitting in about six minutes.

I currently don't have a Apple device to use the included free E6 courses. A co-worker is lending me an unused iPhone so I can try out the sim capabilities soon. I

Right now I just have the FS Golf app read distances out loud and then I can check dispersion on the phone screen by walking over. I'm getting pretty good at "feeling" the shot and can guess dispersion and direction pretty accurately already just by feel.

I've been very impressed by the Mevo+ and it's accuracy indoors.

To get the most out of what you did already. You can use a king size sheet up against the net as the impact screen. Then mount an overhead ultra short throw projector. Thats what I did and it works great. That will save you $550 because you won't need the case and screen. The sheet will just come down or go up with the net. My set up is in the garage as well. I had enough space for just a short throw. 

• Like 4

:ping-small: Driver, G400 11* SR Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: 939x 5 hybrid

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (6 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

4 hours ago, edingc said:

Absolutely loving the home hitting setup (and my wife, who has been encouraging of me hitting balls whenever possible).

Feel like I've been making a ton of progress on my swing since my last lesson. I texted the below image to my coach, which was the result of four warm up swings and nothing else:

IMG_26112021_165747_(1280_x_960_pixel).jpg.a158edaccbcdc6b645c025e87f8cc9f4.jpg

After I warmed up, I focused almost exclusively on hitting my 4 hybrid. I've always struggled with the longest clubs in my bag, so focusing on hitting my longer clubs is something I wanted to do now that I've gotten the net setup. The results were pretty good, as I was simultaneously focusing on contact and then also trying to see how fast I could swing on the Mevo+.

My gapping seems to be pretty solid. There's a touch of overlap between my 4 hybrid, 4 utility iron and 5 iron, but that's not such a bad thing.

At the end of my session I started to work on a wedge matrix, but that's going to need a lot of practice this offseason. I have a hard time getting good gapping between the half, 3/4 and full swing wedges. It seems I struggle keeping the same tempo when I change the backswing length, which leads to inconsistent distances. Something to work on!

That’s a pretty good grouping! What’s your home set up like? 

• Like 2

:taylormade-small:  SIM2 8* Diamana S+ Stiff Tipped 1"

:callaway-small:Mavrik 4W - 16.5* Tensi AV Blue Stiff Tipped 1/2"

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19* Hybrid AV Tensi Blue Stiff

:Sub70: 699U Pro 3 iron HZRDUS Yellow 6.0

:Sub70: 699 Pro Black 5-PW KBS Tour 120 Stiff Black

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 48* 54* 58* True Temper Dynamic Gold Spinner

Putter:

:titelist-small: See the source image Phantom X5- Current Gamer

:taylormade-small: Spider Tour Black on Black on Black

:Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade Putter

Ball: :titelist-small: . Pro V1 

Currently testing: Sub 70 848 Pro Driver 

I asked my little guy if he wanted to practice putting with me, he setup the putting mat for me... 20211126_194601.jpg.3864106fe8a9d01b0ff71a0bfac49fb5.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 17.5° - Fujikura Pro

Utility:    :cobra-small: King Forged 20.5° Utility - Catalyst X

Irons:   image.png.cbfb2d938ea45d82004d9bdeb23cf643.pngD7 Forged GW-5i - Recoils

Wedges:   :Sub70:  JB 52° , 286 56°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

6 hours ago, edingc said:

Absolutely loving the home hitting setup (and my wife, who has been encouraging of me hitting balls whenever possible).

Feel like I've been making a ton of progress on my swing since my last lesson. I texted the below image to my coach, which was the result of four warm up swings and nothing else:

IMG_26112021_165747_(1280_x_960_pixel).jpg.a158edaccbcdc6b645c025e87f8cc9f4.jpg

After I warmed up, I focused almost exclusively on hitting my 4 hybrid. I've always struggled with the longest clubs in my bag, so focusing on hitting my longer clubs is something I wanted to do now that I've gotten the net setup. The results were pretty good, as I was simultaneously focusing on contact and then also trying to see how fast I could swing on the Mevo+.

My gapping seems to be pretty solid. There's a touch of overlap between my 4 hybrid, 4 utility iron and 5 iron, but that's not such a bad thing.

At the end of my session I started to work on a wedge matrix, but that's going to need a lot of practice this offseason. I have a hard time getting good gapping between the half, 3/4 and full swing wedges. It seems I struggle keeping the same tempo when I change the backswing length, which leads to inconsistent distances. Something to work on!

Dang man. Amazing progress!!!

• Like 2

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS with RDX Blue 70g S (Testing Ventus Velocore Black 6x 44.5")

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff (Testing Ventus Velocore Blue 8s Hyb)

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F5 hybrid soft stepped

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: TAII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter 

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X and :OnCore: vero X1 (Winter ball :titelist-small: proV1 )

I've got an incredibly basic setup in my basement.  Just a clearance Walmart net and a throw rug on the concrete.  So far just messing around with a junk wedge and cut down hybrid I got from Goodwill.

IMG_20211127_230634972.jpg.839c4e0cb6f1bafec551186d51713409.jpgIMG_20211127_230623848.jpg.f54b162e5596eb6df3814fb10416e9d2.jpg

The neat thing about the rug is the built-in alignment aids, lol.  It's given me a number of little epiphany moments; the shaft and club face were more offline than I thought.  Fixing that straightened out my lead arm but threw my shoulders off.  Fixing THAT allowed my posture to set up a little more naturally.  In all, after about 50 cuts I managed to solve all my problems. 😆

While it's hard to get much feedback hitting into the net, I was able to more consistently hit the same spot over time.  Hopefully I can start to groove it over the next week or so and find an available range to see if it translates.

• Like 6

Titleist 385k driver

Dunlop 3 and 5 wood

Nickent 3DX 3 hybrid

Cobra AMP 5-PW

Titleist Vokey SM7 50° 54°  and Cleveland 588 56° wedges

PIng Anser putter

@JerryB  Nice simple indoor setup!  I wish I had the ceiling height for that in the basement and didn't need to put my net out in the unheated pole barn. 

Make sure that throw rug is cushioned enough so you aren't damaging wrists & elbows with the concrete underneath.  You might want to consider a layer of the 2'x2' drycore subfloor between the rug & concrete. 

https://www.homedepot.com/p/DRICORE-Subfloor-Membrane-Panel-3-4-in-x-2-ft-x-2-ft-Oriented-Strand-Board-FG10006/202268752#overlay

I put those under my mat and it made a difference for me.

• Like 3

Modern Bag: :Sub70:  849 Pro 9*, Hazrdous Smoke S Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 15*, & 23* Hybrids; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  :cleveland-small: Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  :ping-small: Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

16 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

@JerryB  Nice simple indoor setup!  I wish I had the ceiling height for that in the basement and didn't need to put my net out in the unheated pole barn. 

Make sure that throw rug is cushioned enough so you aren't damaging wrists & elbows with the concrete underneath.  You might want to consider a layer of the 2'x2' drycore subfloor between the rug & concrete. 

https://www.homedepot.com/p/DRICORE-Subfloor-Membrane-Panel-3-4-in-x-2-ft-x-2-ft-Oriented-Strand-Board-FG10006/202268752#overlay

I put those under my mat and it made a difference for me.

Definitely good advice here. I'm considering doing something similar, or just adding about 1/2" or so of foam padding glued to the bottom of the Flightdeck and under the stance mat to level it. 

Even with graphite shafts in everything I still get some aching joints from the Fiberbuilt off the concrete, even though the Flightdeck is probably the best for joint pain of all of the available mats in that price range ($55 on Amazon).

• Like 2

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 9.1 / Anti-Cap: 14.3 (Last Updated Oct. 9, 2021)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Max LS (9°), 45.75", Dumina AutoFlex SF505X | Unofficial AutoFlex Review
17° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Super Hybrid, 41.5", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
18.5° Driving Iron: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2016 Model), 39.5", Mitsubishi MMT Utility 105 TX
21° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Flash, 40", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", UST Mamiya Recoil 110 F5
5-AW:  
Sub70_Logo_WhtBlk.jpg.aee386374adf9afd31a02b989c839f9d.jpg Sub70 699 Pro, 1° Flat, 37" 7 Iron, Mitsubishi MMT Taper 105 TX | Build Thread
54°, 58°:
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING MIM Black, 1° Flat, 35.5", 35.25", Mitsubishi MMT Wedge 105 TX | #CobraConnect Review
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
lamkin.png.5081890e009ae78e16066ee0fd18b7c0.png Lamkin Sonar Tour
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: :Arccos: Arccos | #CobraConnect Review
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8 | Unofficial Review

WITB? | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

I went out and hit a large bucket at the range today. I'm still working to ingrain the feeling of using my left side to pull the club through, which is what I worked with an instructor to promote better weight shift. I've been calling it my frisbee throw, as that's the best way to relate it to my brain.

I'm starting to see some great results with all my clubs. I like to start out small, working with wedges hitting to various targets with my 52, 56, and 60.

My irons and fairways were good today up until the last bit of the bucket where I got a little tired and sloppy. I had to be home to go grocery shopping, got in a hurry, and got out of my routine.  Early on, the iron strike looked good and I actually hit the center a couple of times.

20211128_140119-01.jpeg.593a2f9d8858f615f309ac6357115133.jpeg

Driver...not so much.

20211128_140450-01.jpeg.51fe410b0c5be00147db4dcd88cf10d5.jpeg

I was hitting it pretty good until the spray went on the club. About mid ways through the bucket I was simulating the first six holes and hit it well. 

@JerryB, I love the indoor setup you have! How do you like the Garmin? 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, edingc said:

Definitely good advice here. I'm considering doing something similar, or just adding about 1/2" or so of foam padding glued to the bottom of the Flightdeck and under the stance mat to level it. 

Even with graphite shafts in everything I still get some aching joints from the Fiberbuilt off the concrete, even though the Flightdeck is probably the best for joint pain of all of the available mats in that price range ($55 on Amazon).

I used those foam rubber puzzle piece looking mats that Lowes and Home Depot sells for workout room floors. Each piece is 1 foot square and about 1/2 " thick. They come in solid gray or multi color. I went with gray as the colored ones look like they should be in a daycare..  Works great. I think they are in a 4 pack for $28.00. You can get thicker if you think you need it as well but 1/2" worked fine for me.

• Like 3

:ping-small: Driver, G400 11* SR Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: 939x 5 hybrid

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (6 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

27 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I like it, though if I could go back I probably wouldn't buy it, if that makes sense.  

The GPS part of it is great.  The launch monitor side has been useful and I expect more use of it next season as I continue to be more consistent.  

The thing that sold me on it was the thousands of courses that are loaded up, that I could "play" during the winter.  However, with my current setup, I'm worried about swinging any longer clubs since I'm still a little cramped.

So anyway long story, it does what it's supposed to do and does it well but I'm not quite ready to utilize it fully.

• Like 2

Titleist 385k driver

Dunlop 3 and 5 wood

Nickent 3DX 3 hybrid

Cobra AMP 5-PW

Titleist Vokey SM7 50° 54°  and Cleveland 588 56° wedges

PIng Anser putter

Have been working pretty hard on my putting since the end of testing on the Odyssey White Hot. Might be changing my grip to a claw style vs how I was going left hand low. Have been doing the gate drill and am much more consistent getting it through the gate with the claw. Need to do a video though because I feel like the mechanics are all over the place.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

I went out and hit a large bucket at the range today. I'm still working to ingrain the feeling of using my left side to pull the club through, which is what I worked with an instructor to promote better weight shift. I've been calling it my frisbee throw, as that's the best way to relate it to my brain.

I'm starting to see some great results with all my clubs. I like to start out small, working with wedges hitting to various targets with my 52, 56, and 60.

My irons and fairways were good today up until the last bit of the bucket where I got a little tired and sloppy. I had to be home to go grocery shopping, got in a hurry, and got out of my routine.  Early on, the iron strike looked good and I actually hit the center a couple of times.

20211128_140119-01.jpeg.593a2f9d8858f615f309ac6357115133.jpeg

Driver...not so much.

20211128_140450-01.jpeg.51fe410b0c5be00147db4dcd88cf10d5.jpeg

I was hitting it pretty good until the spray went on the club. About mid ways through the bucket I was simulating the first six holes and hit it well. 

Well according to that driver test MGS did you're at least missing in the best place to not lose as much distance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've been mining the little 3-pars near me lately for my short game and short iron practice.  There's one right next to my home course that I've ignored for the decade I've been golfing and it's become one of my favorite practice locations.  The best part, it's empty.  Golf may have exploded on full size courses, but all the new beginners (and veteran players like myself) have totally slept on these little short game practice gems.  I can finally do what I used to love doing -- just stop by and play 9 or 18 in a couple hours.   

The course has a little exec 9 that more people play and a 3-par 18 which is where I've been spending all my time.  The 3-par has holes ranging from 100 yards to 150 yards, super narrow fairways with a lot of overhanging trees, and teeny tiny little greens with sneaky slope.  The greens are in great shape because they're honestly pretty hard to hit for most people (including myself a lot of the time) and run true.  I've been playing two or three balls and really working on contact & accuracy.  The overhanging trees have forced me into a lot of shot shaping and learning to really flight the ball low.  I'm doing this mostly with foot position and open or closed club face.  I've made huge progress on that front in the last few weeks.  It's been incredible for me on the course to learn how to adjust the trajectory to accommodate where I want the ball to end up. 

Some of the things I've learned -- If I want to land in front and bounce on with some runout a low draw works wonders.  If I want it to land and stick a high draw lands soft for me then kicks forward one bounce before back spin stops it cold.  If I want it to zip back I can hit a high fade or cut and the ball will zip back 10-15 feet.  Learning to work the ball has narrowed my misses too.  I find that my miss when I'm trying to work the ball is that I just hit it straight to where my alignment is.  That has made it much easier to select shots on a larger course.  I aim my feet where it won't hurt me and try to use the shape to work the ball closer to the hole.  It worked shockingly well yesterday (my first real round since spending the last three rounds on 3-pars).

It's also really helped with chipping and putting.  Misses are putting my right in my uncomfortable chip/pitch range.  Inside 30 yards and I've been experimenting with different types of shots to see what will get me closes to the pin in different situations.

Same for putting.  I'm getting a lot of real world practice rather than just hammering away at drills on the putting green.  

Best of all, the actual play an experimentation is giving me a ton of confidence.  I know what shots I want to hit and how to hit them in different situations.  Now, if I could only find the same type of practice for my long irons.  

Edited by Syks7
  • Like 6

:taylormade-small:  Driver: 2016 M2 -- Fujikara ventus red S (non velocore) 

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood RBZ Stage 2 -  Diamana Blue Board 63 G35t

:taylormade-small: 2 Hybrid RBZ Stage 2 -- True Temper Elevate Tour Stiff

:taylormade-small: RSI2 - 4I 20°,5I 24°,6I 27°,7I 31°,8I 35°,9I 39°,PW 44°-- True Temper Elevate Tour 

:cleveland-small:Cleveland CBX2 48° & 54°-- TT Elevate Tour Stiff

:taylormade-small: Hi Toe 58° -- TT Elevate Tour Stiff

:bettinardi-small: Innovai 6.0 CTR

:srixon-small: Ball: Zstar XV

This past weekend, I worked on finding out where I was hitting my driver on the clubface, and to work on hitting the ball first on my irons. I worked on starting with a little more tilt at driver address. I have, for years, lined up off the toe on both irons and woods. Irons was to combat heel hits, while I don't know why on woods. 

I lined up both on the middle and made adjustments. Not shockingly, I hit more on the middle of the driver when lining up on the middle.

Irons, were a different challenge. I do miss left, as well, and feel the club is slightly closed at impact. Since it didn't matter, I lined up on the middle, and did much better hitting it more in the middle of the clubface. A little low, but not on the heel. The majority were solid, but my misses were hitting the ground before the club by an inch or so. Will try to improve this coming weekend.

• Like 5

When my wife asked if I wanted to leave Maine and move to where she grew up, I couldn't say no to Pinehurst, NC. I honestly don't spend much money on golf equipment, but I'm constantly reading reviews in case I ever get ready to buy

I swing left handed and have been the State of Maine Left Hander's champion since 1997, the last year they held the tournament. I'm currently a 6.3 handicap. Trying to get lower, but my gut gets in the way.

WITB

Driver: :taylormade-small: R11 9 degree turned 1 degree lower (Bought since it was on sale at Dick's)

Irons: :titelist-small: 990's S300 Stiff shafts bought when I was in college. (Received a personal use discount, otherwise would've stuck with my Hogan Edge's)

3 Wood: :callaway-small: GBB Epic 15 degree (only club newer than 5 years in the bag)

52/56/60 :taylormade-small: Z Spin wedges (heck of a deal $100 for all 3 at Dick's in 2013)

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot XG SRT (bought because I won credit for a long drive in 2010)

Except for the putter, everything else was pretty nasty. I'll attribute it to hitting off of mats for the first time in quite a while and 2 nights of lost sleep - our new puppy keeps wanting to play at 3:30 am! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

3 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Except for the putter, everything else was pretty nasty. I'll attribute it to hitting off of mats for the first time in quite a while and 2 nights of lost sleep - our new puppy keeps wanting to play at 3:30 am! 

Puppy good….mats bad😜

• Haha 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Making a concerted effort to make some changes in my setup. I have for the longest time had a nasty habit of getting too hunched over at setup. What I found was that I would hinge my wrists way too much at setup by bending over and dropping the arms and hands in, and then the toe of the club would be way up at address. 

I've been focusing on feeling like the butt of the club is pointing at my belt buckle or higher by removing most of the hinge in my wrists. That magically got me hitting the center of the club more because I wasn't raising the handle nearly as much on the way through.

After having good success with my irons today, I tried hitting my driver for the first time in the garage. It took quite a few swings to get comfortable, but once I did I had some good results. I really have to emphasize a full backswing and what feels like a very subtle pause at the top before exploding down. When I got it right I was very happy, with club speeds touching 116 MPH on the Mevo+ a few times, and ball speeds nearing 167 MPH. Scaling down to "on course" swings yielded 110-112 MPH with 160+ ball speeds so I'm happy with that at the moment.

Swing thought today was long backswing, explode the hands out to the right. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Max LS (9°), 45.75", Dumina AutoFlex SF505X | Unofficial AutoFlex Review
17° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Super Hybrid, 41.5", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
18.5° Driving Iron: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2016 Model), 39.5", Mitsubishi MMT Utility 105 TX
21° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Flash, 40", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", UST Mamiya Recoil 110 F5
5-AW:  
Sub70_Logo_WhtBlk.jpg.aee386374adf9afd31a02b989c839f9d.jpg Sub70 699 Pro, 1° Flat, 37" 7 Iron, Mitsubishi MMT Taper 105 TX | Build Thread
54°, 58°:
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING MIM Black, 1° Flat, 35.5", 35.25", Mitsubishi MMT Wedge 105 TX | #CobraConnect Review
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 

WITB? | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

1 hour ago, edingc said:

Scaling down to "on course" swings yielded 110-112 MPH with 160+ ball speeds so I'm happy with that at the moment.

... I mean this as a compliment, but I have no idea how you are a 9.1 index with that swing. 🤔

• Like 4
  • Hmmm 1

Driver:     :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Diamana Ltd 60R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 15/16.5/18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:      :taylormade-small: UDi 18* ... Even Flow Black 85R
                 :taylormade-small: DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
                  :taylormade-small: Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:        :cobra-small: 4-Pw King Tour MIM ... Steelfiber 95R
Wedges:   :taylormade-small: MG3 50* ... Steelfiber 95R
                  :taylormade-small: MG3 58* LB ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:      :cleveland-small: Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:           :taylormade-small: Maxfli Tour/TP5x (2021)

27 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I mean this as a compliment, but I have no idea how you are a 9.1 index with that swing. 🤔

Hahahaha. Thanks! My problem is between my shoulders, mostly. I tend to go through streaks of really good and then really bad play. Not a whole lot of in between.

• Like 2

17° Hybrid:
18.5° Driving Iron: 
21° Hybrid:
4 Utility: 
5-AW:  
54°, 58°:
Putter:
Grips: