Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

Went back to the range today. Still trying to find that sweet spot that produces a repeatable swing. Buggered up shoulder has been making it difficult since the last surgery. Found one that repeats huge distance that is straight or with a draw and an occasional hook. It is a shoulder pain avoidance swing that starts with my hands way out across the target line to the right and finishes with my hands and arms way way behind and left of the target line. Goes far, but nearly impossible to aim. 

So took the feeling of openness, of having room between my torso and my arms so as to approach the ball with a small inside out motion and applied to to several swing changes. One that seems to work well and is very repeatable is to push both hands and arms as far down the target line and away from my torso as possible. This gives me plenty of room, and supplies a natural lag on the downswing. My hands stay quiet, my hips and torso can snap quickly or move deliberately and I can give the ball a good accurate whack with any club in the bag.

Now I am going to go sleep for a few hours. It is a coin toss if that feeling of a swing that worked, one I can feel as I write, will be there in the morning. We shall see....

Driver :taylormade-small: Sim Max2

Hybrids :ping-small: G430 2, 3, 4

Irons :srixon-small: ZX4 6-PW

Wedges :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 50, 54, 58

Putter :odyssey-small: 2Ball Ten ArmLock

Golf cart MGI Zip Navigator

:Arccos:

Went out to the range just to swing the clubs for the last days of 2023. Felt pretty good for the most part. Wasn't trying to work on anything specific but just enjoy swing the clubs and hearing some solid contact with good ball flight. Heres to a new year and hopefully a fully healthy new year for golf and other things.

Driver: Ping G430 SFT 10.5

Fairway Woods: Ping SFT G425 3-5-7

Irons;    Ping 425 4-LW

Putter:  Ping Sigma2 Anser Platinum

Odyssey Tour#1 White Hot 

Ball:      Titleist Tour Speed

Bag:      Titleist

No range work today. Snowy and 30. Decided it was a good day to go ahead and re-grip my irons. Might try hitting into the net tomorrow. Want to make sure they set good over night.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

Well folks this year I'm taking on an entirely new approach. I am pretty much self taught, and at one point when I was practicing a ton and began working in the golf industry I got relatively good. But I reached my ceiling. When my playing was reduced to a dozen times a year with little to no practice for the last few years my game suffered more than I ever thought possible. This time around, I wanted to find a program I could follow with practice not just as the range but with practice at home. I'm a fairly visual learner and have technology that allows me to record quality video so I decided to go the online approach. After some research I determined that Clay Ballard's program suits me. It suits me because the way he explains concepts and movements makes sense to me. And the way he demonstrates them visually has been fairly easy for me to replicate. Beyond that, his program really pinpoints some of my weakest areas. I've already purchased the year subscription and have been working on it for the last couple of weeks.

I already have plans to record my stats for this season instead of just handicap rounds, and want to build this entire thing into a review that will last throughout 2024. Maybe it can help people like me that are on the fence. 

Happy New Year everyone!

Carter the Silver Fox

PSX_20231214_192649.jpg.aebe9fac8a381499f3eba7dcb387a3bf.jpg Ping g400 - Driver, 3w, 7w, 4h

PSX_20231214_192616.png.8617e3838f8e076e5f8589adeda429f0.png Mizuno CLK 5H/MP-18 irons

PSX_20231214_192537.png.23ec9b7c1971db968afd3a07d3b37884.png Edel wedges and putter

12 minutes ago, Silver Fawkes said:

After some research I determined that ... the way he explains concepts and movements makes sense to me. And the way he demonstrates them visually has been fairly easy for me to replicate.

That's great .. good luck with the new lesson program!!

Fwiw I totally agree that good communication - and especially good reception of communications - between student and teacher is essential for an effective lesson.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

A review of my stats for 2023 clarified several areas of my game which need work, putting being primary among them (wedges and getting a "go to" club are two others). Frankly, I am not a very good putter, even for my handicap level (SG was -1.15 vs. a 20 for all of 2023), so putting will be a focus of mine in the offseason here in NE. Today worked on Putting mechanics indoors:  

1. Grip and stance in front of a mirror
  2. Stroked putts with thumbs off the grip for feel of control with the fingers, rather than thumbs and forearm pressure
  3. Used different swing lengths putting a ball over a dime 18" in front 
  4. Yardstick drill - Did really poorly today, getting about 4-5 out of 15 all the way down the yardstick.

After a few failures on the yardstick drill, I noticed that I was feeling tense over each putt so I became conscious about calming down and just letting the putter swing. Doing this significantly improved results. Going forward, I will be more conscientious about counting and tracking my progress. 

Edited by BobBC78

Ping G400 Max 10.5* - Kuro Kage HBP Black Gen 2, 44.5" length

Ping G425 SFT 5W (19*) - Alta CB Slate SR flex 

Ping G430 5H (26*), 6H (30*) and 7H (34*)- Alta CB 70 regular flex

Ping G710 8i-W - Recoil 80 F3 shaft (1)

Cleveland CBX4 50* and 58*, Smart Sole 4C - Recoil 95 F3 shaft

Odyssey Original 2-Ball White Hot counterbalanced (lead tape in the head, Super Stroke grip with 50-gram weight)

Other: Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear; Callaway Org 7 bag; Clicgear 3.5+

Currently doing a Member Review on Argolf's Pendragon XL Broomstick putter. 

Temps dropped below 30 last night so I decided to warm the barn up a bit to let the grips set for another day just to make sure. Warm enough inside to hit balls into the net that didn't feel like frozen rocks. I'm told spring should be here in 3 months.🤪  We gained 49 seconds of daylight today.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

Yeah, @sirchunksalot. Those water balls can be mighty tough right out of the pond. Best to smoke em to tenderize them. Glad to hear you had a good time. and things are looking up for you. Keep banging them my man.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

5 minutes ago, Dweed said:

Yeah, @sirchunksalot. Those water balls can be mighty tough right out of the pond. Best to smoke em to tenderize them. Glad to hear you had a good time. and things are looking up for you. Keep banging them my man.

I appreciate it @Dweed! It's getting there and I'm just happy to be able to hit some balls. I find it to be rather therapeutic.

What kind of grips did you go with? 

I spent just over an hour in my driveway with my mevo plus/net playing the Belfry on E6. I also did 30 mins putting practice indoors on Exputt

Driver:  Callaway Paradym X 10.5* HZRDUS Blue 6.0

5W: TM Stealth 2 HD Speeder NX Red Stiff

7W: PXG 0211 Tensei Blue 65 Stiff

Irons:  Takomo 101s 5-PW KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  Cleveland CBX2 52/56/60 DG115 Wedge Flex

Putter: Lab Golf Link 1

Ball:   TP5

Tech: Flightscope Mevo+, Shotscope V3, DeWiz

Watched this video during work, and it really resonated with me. The drill he describes really helps me get a feel for tempo, and rotating properly without making my arms do all the work. Additionally, the mantra/swing-thought of “vi-jay-singh” helps me get a feel for tempo and when I’m rushing or dragging.

Spent some time warming up with this, and started seeing some positive results by the end of my session. Had my longest recorded sim drive in a round (283yds), this bomb below with my 3 wood (no longer on probation), and a host of solid shots with 3w/7w/utility/6i. Looking at the shot groupings, things look crowded at the top of my bag but averages seem to work out ”OK”. 
IMG_2198.jpeg.3e2c39bc2bf833e49970578a41ff9073.jpeg

IMG_2199.png.7349d49e177a5e172c4422cb9f74172e.pngIMG_2200.png.52c3046175740e13728c038c6f8193d0.png

• Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS, 10.5° loft, MCA TENSEI AV White 65g, Stiff flex (44.5", Draw setting)
  • 3-Wood: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
  • 3-Utility: :Sub70: 699 Pro V2 Utility Satin, 18° loft, :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80g, 5.5 flex
  • Irons: :titleist-small: T200 6i-GW, 27°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.25”, 1° upright)
  • Wedges:  Indi FLX S-Grind, 52°/56°/60° lofts, Dynamic Gold Spinner 115g, Wedge flex
  • Putter:cobra-small: King Vintage Sport 60, SteelFiber P125 shaft (34"), :garsen: Quad Tour Taper grip
  • Bag: :cobra-small: Ultralight Pro, Ski Patrol/Black
  • Push Cart: :BagBoy: Nitron, Black/Red
  • Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V5 Shift

2023 MGS Forum Review: Sugar Golf Balls (Final Review Posted)
2023 MGS Forum Review: Sycamore 009 Mini Putter (Final Review Posted)

-TJ

Putting: I'm doing drills out of the book "Make More Putts" by Juan Gutierrez which contains nearly 150 different putting drills. Fortunately, many of these can be done inside, LOL. 

Today I did start line training with the "Yardstick drill" (got 7/10, my best so far) and the "Bruce Rearick drill" (different ball speed putts over a dime set 18" in front of the ball).

Wedges: Another problem area is my wedge game (shots 30-100 yards from the pin). I found Derek Deminsky's short game (less than 30 yards) videos to be well done and clear, so I picked up his "Master the 30-100 Yard range" video which advocates a clock system to control distances. Today worked on training the 7:30, 9:00 and Full swing lengths with an 8i (no ball).

Once I have sufficiently trained these swing lengths, I plan to spend time on the Trackman at Golf Galaxy to work out a distance matrix covering 8i-SW.  Although I doubt that I'll find the 7:30 swings with 8i and 9i very useful on the course, I plan to train them anyway and determine the carry and roll distances. 

Odyssey Original 2-Ball White Hot counterbalanced (lead tape in the head, Super Stroke grip with 50-gram weight)

Other: Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear; Callaway Org 7 bag; Clicgear 3.5+

19 minutes ago, BobBC78 said:

"Bruce Rearick drill" (different ball speed putts over a dime set 18" in front of the ball).

Ve done that drill a lot; Bruce was my putting coach.  He knows his stuff and taught me a great deal about putting and how to assess my putting stroke.

Edited by cnosil

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

12 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Ve done that drill a lot; Bruce was my putting coach.  He knows his stuff and taught me a great deal about putting and how to assess my putting stroke.

Wow, that's awesome! I've followed his blog (and Substack) and watched YT videos of Rearick's teaching....seems like he'd be a great coach. 

I got out to the range today and hit a bucket.  Warmed up with PW and moved thru the bag before getting to the driver.  

I am really working on just swing path and not falling back out of the swing.  Right now it's just re-wiring my swing.  

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

Balance and weight shift can be the hardest aspects to master it seems. 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

1 minute ago, Preeway said:

Balance and weight shift can be the hardest aspects to master it seems. 

Yes and some of it has to do with the concept of the shift. People think it’s weight shift so they move the mass of their body and you can’t get it not only back to where it started and definitely not where it needs to be in the downswing and at impact.

It’s a pressure shift and it doesn’t have to be a lot of movement. Theres a wide range of movement that can be seen by the pros but for the most part its very subtle to just a little bit and it stops by the time the club is parallel to the ground and no later than lead arm parallel. Then it moves to being centered again a the top of the swing and moved to lead leg before transition 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

23 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Yes and some of it has to do with the concept of the shift. People think it’s weight shift so they move the mass of their body and you can’t get it not only back to where it started and definitely not where it needs to be in the downswing and at impact.

It’s a pressure shift and it doesn’t have to be a lot of movement. Theres a wide range of movement that can be seen by the pros but for the most part its very subtle to just a little bit and it stops by the time the club is parallel to the ground and no later than lead arm parallel. Then it moves to being centered again a the top of the swing and moved to lead leg before transition 

It has been tough to get the old habits out of the way and new habits to form!

1 hour ago, Josh Parker said:

It has been tough to get the old habits out of the way and new habits to form!

It takes along time to break the old movement patterns. Many don’t do enough slower motion movements to teach the brain what to do so that the brain can then tell the body what to do. Most just do drills at full speed.

another thing many don’t do is hit balls from less than full swing. If you can’t do it from a lead arm parallel position you won’t be able to do it from a full swing.

Think about Justin rose. He was working on a feel/movement for 11 years before it fully clicked in

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

3 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

It takes along time to break the old movement patterns. Many don’t do enough slower motion movements to teach the brain what to do so that the brain can then tell the body what to do. Most just do drills at full speed.

another thing many don’t do is hit balls from less than full swing. If you can’t do it from a lead arm parallel position you won’t be able to do it from a full swing.

Think about Justin rose. He was working on a feel/movement for 11 years before it fully clicked in

great points!  Something I need to put much more focus on during my practice.  I have dropped speed but haven't done from lead arm parallel.  

I know what I will be doing tomorrow.

Just now, Josh Parker said:

great points!  Something I need to put much more focus on during my practice.  I have dropped speed but haven't done from lead arm parallel.  

I know what I will be doing tomorrow.

Another thing I forgot is many get focused on the result and if they aren’t seeing an immediate change they abandon whatever is they are working on for some other feel, drill, etc.

When trying to change a movement pattern it doesn’t matter where the ball goes, you just need to execute whatever is you are working on. 

1 minute ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Another thing I forgot is many get focused on the result and if they aren’t seeing an immediate change they abandon whatever is they are working on for some other feel, drill, etc.

When trying to change a movement pattern it doesn’t matter where the ball goes, you just need to execute whatever is you are working on. 

This is one thing I feel I am doing well.  I'm not concerned were the ball goes currently as long as I am making a better path/movement.  

4 hours ago, BobBC78 said:

Putting: I'm doing drills out of the book "Make More Putts" by Juan Gutierrez which contains nearly 150 different putting drills. Fortunately, many of these can be done inside, LOL. 

Also have that book! ..really packed with all different types of great drills .. and I really need to dig into it and get to doing more of them!!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Practice some putting after getting my LAB Mezz1 putter back with the new ACCRA white shaft. 

Much firmer feel now, never thought putter shaft would feel like this.

Strokes feels more steady and confident.

Putts still were going in.

Lets see how it performs on the course this weekend. 

20240103_151134.jpg

20240103_130603.jpg

Driver:   TaylorMade Qi10 MAX - 8.5 with Fujikura Speeder NX TCS 50 (Terra Forza White Shaft Testing)
3 -Wood:  Sub70 949x 3 Wood 15 with Hrdz RDX Black Stiff
5-Wood:  Sub70 949x 5 Wood with Hrdz RDX Black stiff
4-Hybrid: Sub70 949x 4 Hybrid with Project X 5.5 Hybrid Stiff
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 - 6-PW , w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff
Wedges: Sub70 TAIII w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff - 50 ,56, 60
Putter: L.A.B Mezz1, 34 in
Balls: MaxFli Tour X, TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx 
GPS:   Shot Scope X5 with Tracking

TESTED: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch
TESTED: Bag Boy ZFT Bag

I was able to get to the range and practice green this afternoon (weather clear, about 43*F). On the range I was hitting directly into a wind of about 12-mph. Warmed up with some PW, 9i and 8i shots, followed by 6H (purposely hitting right, left and on target line), 5W (to an imaginary 30-yard-wide fairway) and 9:00 9i to an 80-yard target.

Finished on the putting green with 4' putts and lag putting from 5 to 15 paces. 

Famous words, but feel like I made a big stride in progress this week. I have been hitting a little bit in the garage on and off, less than in the past. My lead wrist has been bothering me a bit since the last couple weeks of the outdoor season, so I haven't been in any rush to overdo it.

Feels like I've made a fundamental change to my backswing. I've always fought spinning out a bit on the downswing, with my club getting very vertical. The last several lessons with my old coach focused on rounding out more. What I've found is that I had a bit of a misunderstanding/improper feeling at the top of the swing in regards to feeling like I was pivoting around my spine. Found out that I was really bending my spine backwards a bit and that was causing me to either come under and up or over and down on the downswing. Getting my spine into a truly more neutral position caused a lot of great things to happen, including the rounding out of my swing with a lower, left finish.

Anyhow, like I said, famous last words. But something positive to build off of.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

On 1/2/2024 at 7:59 PM, sirchunksalot said:

I appreciate it @Dweed! It's getting there and I'm just happy to be able to hit some balls. I find it to be rather therapeutic.

What kind of grips did you go with? 

Golf Pride Tour Velvet MCC4's Mid size.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet