Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

6 minutes ago, GolfSpy_KFT said:

Thanks, Jason! Was good to just feel some good strikes and some progress. Gonna make it a regular routine thing to keep me in check and hopefully it’ll lead to more consistent good ball striking 

I think it's a good drill that gets you to focus externally instead of getting caught up in focusing internally to try and figure out what your doing. 

I honestly enjoy these drills.

Putting and more putting…working on stroke/feel on putts inside 10 feet.

Love this putter!

IMG_4323.jpeg.c89038f63af0beb2beae9b08c1d374f6.jpeg

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

21 hours ago, BobSled said:

Spent a few hours at Raven Crest GC today. Opened with a session on the range then followed up with chipping and putting. Weather was fairly windy so there was a fair bit of dust kicking around but overall, it was just nice to be outside. Hoping to play a round at some point next week to kick the season off properly🤞

IMG_2187.JPG

My favorite type of practice when I have limited time is to chip and putt on the practice greens. I have found so much improvement from doing this.. plus it helps me clear my head! 

Day 94 (17 Apr 24) - Range time fell thru, picked back up with drills in backyard - setup, ball position, swing tempo….good easy day..

WITB? Ping G400 SFT w/Aldila Mamba shaft R flex; Ping G410 3w; Ping G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26); TaylorMade SLDR 5i (interchanges w/5h)-PW -stock graphite shafts Rflex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -Rflex and Odyssey AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

Getting very comfortable chipping and worked more off tight lies with the 50/54/58 today. 50 degree is my go to for low, bump and run type check-up shots from under the hole. Anything with a bit of elevation I go to 54 but my local chipping green only has 2-3 feet of rise, so I'll still try to hit the 58 as if there's a bunker in the way without opening the face at all. I think the only way to get good at chipping is to suffer through blading off of somewhat tight lies. Once you learn to trust it, the margin of error gets lower and lower over time.

I have Rick Shiels to thank for it. His introducing me to Dan Grieves and a new way to confidently chip has been a game changer.

SIM2 MAX D w/Ventus R-6

SIM MAX 3 Wood FW-6

SIM MAX 3&4 hybrids w/Ventus Blue FW-7

Ping i230 5-PW w/DG 105 S,

TaylorMade MG3 50/54/58 wedges w/DG S200

Cleveland HB SOFT 4 putter

Overcast day today, with some rain predicted for a little later so practice at home. 

Chipping: Practiced chipping motion with my 50* then 58*.  My basic chip shot is similar to Derek Deminsky's "low shot" and Dan Grieves "release 1" started with an open stance and trying to keep the arc consistent. I hit about 10 3-5 yard carry shots with each club, focusing on technique; i.e. block practice.

Putting: Broomstick method with the Pendragon XL; did the PuttOUT gauntlet (best score yet of 13/20) and ten putts through a putting gate set at 18" in front of the ball (9/10). 

Edited by BobBC78

Ping G400 Max 10.5* - Kuro Kage HBP Black Gen 2, 44.5" length

Ping G425 SFT 5W (19*) - Alta CB Slate SR flex 

Ping G430 5H (26*), 6H (30*) and 7H (34*)- Alta CB 70 regular flex

Ping G710 8i-W - Recoil 80 F3 shaft (1)

Cleveland CBX4 50* and 58*, Smart Sole 4C - Recoil 95 F3 shaft

Odyssey Original 2-Ball White Hot counterbalanced (lead tape in the head, Super Stroke grip with 50-gram weight)

Other: Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear; Callaway Org 7 bag; Clicgear 3.5+

Currently doing a Member Review on Argolf's Pendragon XL Broomstick putter. 

90 minute session today

25 mins on chipping and some pitching. Tried the steep mayo method and really struggled. Went back to my toe down approach, which I am also still steep, and was much more consistent. 

25 mins on putting. My SG to start the year is better than last but still my worst metric. Did some around the world drill (with distances increasing at each ball like a snail shell) with different breaks. Practiced like on course. Then worked on some lag putting, first trying to make ones on the ladder drill. Then picking two different distances and doing 7 balls each. First ball was long, 2nd short. The rest try to finish between them. Last was an extended ladder drill going from 10’ to 60’. 

Last 40 mins on range. Working on NTC feels as my backswing is too long and my hips get out of sync. Also standing more upright is something I am working on. Slow swings then full speed with tempo app. Then slow speed. And then tempo. Also mixed in some feels on a diy shift board. Then some ground contact on divot board. Then some experimentation with 7i, 5i, DI with different ball positions and then diff ball positions choked down. Then some block practice with longer clubs (uw,4w and driver). Great session. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review