Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

My shoulder is still bruised, but no torn rotator cuff, so I can make a more "full" swing. HOWEVER, I learned last week, I did not have to make such a full swing to get the same distance.

So last night, I went to the range and hit a few ball (still taking it easy). Worked on more compact swing and better timing and less effort. It seemed as if I did have to try near as hard. Well, it was very hard not to swing too hard.

Rahmbo-ish? Finau-ish?

Rahmbo-ish? Finau-ish?

Sorta cross between Rahm, Stricker, and Inbee Park tempo with DJ wrist action. The key is to keep the wrist break until the hands are near my thigh. Also, I can't really follow through like I should but still getting the distance I was a few years ago with a much longer "swing out of my shoes" approach.

1. Early wrist break.
  2. Turn to the top (top being hands about shoulder high)
  3. Smooth slide the hips forward with head back and come at the inside of the ball.
  4. Try not to hit the ball with the hands.

I say this last thing because the club head will release no matter what, but if i try to hit with the hands, it doesn't work well. I try not to hit the ball and it delays the release and all the acceleration is in the hitting zone.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Sorta cross between Rahm, Stricker, and Inbee Park tempo with DJ wrist action. The key is to keep the wrist break until the hands are near my thigh. Also, I can't really follow through like I should but still getting the distance I was a few years ago with a much longer "swing out of my shoes" approach.

• Early wrist break.
  • Turn to the top (top being hands about shoulder high)
  • Smooth slide the hips forward with head back and come at the inside of the ball.
  • Try not to hit the ball with the hands.
I say this last thing because the club head will release no matter what, but if i try to hit with the hands, it doesn't work well. I try not to hit the ball and it delays the release and all the acceleration is in the hitting zone.

I found that myself. Slow down, much like you said, I feel like I'm swinging like 60% but it flies better than 80-100%. Very similar stuff I'm working on.

I had a good range session yesterday, driver was very solid but my irons are still a straight draw. That's more on me and my early season (yes this is still early for me!) swing than the C300 irons. I need to get that worked out because the last 2 rounds I played I was missing greens all to the left... whenever I'd aim to compensate for the draw, I'd end up with straight flight. Of course. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Hit a few range balls, working on posture at setup, and maintaining a good base through the swing. Ball flight was a little less worrying than normal, so I might be on to something.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

I've been working on a swing change for the last month or so.  I've been spending more time on the range than I care to, but it seems to be helping.  Last night my wife and I played nine holes in "practice mode".  On the first tee shot starting on #10 I hit the ball 40 yards past my normal position on the hole.  Yes, there was a little tailwind, but not more than 5-10 mph, and it was my first swing of the round.  I did hit a couple more good drives, but nothing like that first one.  So far, I like my change.  Now if I could just get back my high percentage of fairways hit!! 

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I had a good range session yesterday, driver was very solid but my irons are still a straight draw. That's more on me and my early season (yes this is still early for me!) swing than the C300 irons. I need to get that worked out because the last 2 rounds I played I was missing greens all to the left... whenever I'd aim to compensate for the draw, I'd end up with straight flight. Of course. 

The lefts have been bugging me so I had my son video me hitting a few foam balls in the yard. Looks like I'm coming WAY inside on the backswing and as a result, coming slightly OTT with a shut face. Gotta work on that. 

My new 58* wedge showed up today and I played a little hooky in order to hit the range and try it out...Good Lord, but where the H*** has this club been all my life..!

IMG_20180615_192024626_HDR~2.jpg

What an absolute dream to hit! Right out of the gate, I began peppering the flag at 50-yards with 1/4-1/2 swing-weight chips...Holy Cow!!! Then aiming at the 100-yd. marker and with a full swing, I was maybe going 75-yds, but dead straight and super high! Cannot wait to game this puppy! I can now see why all the fuss about bounce, degree, feel, etcetera when it comes to wedges. I think I'm becoming a technical "wedge-honk" now and want more! As soon as my disability check hits 7-1, I'm ordering a 54* and a 50* immediately after! B)

Proceeded through the rest of the bag and worked on my aiming points and...

Total revelation all the way to even 4-iron! I began focusing  on the middle of the ball or even just to the front of it and the strikes were just coming clean off the face! Longer and straighter than ever before! I think I've unlocked a key to my game that will pay off immediately and cannot wait to (hopefully) translate this new-found "secret" to the course.

Thanks for reading and please add any comments fellow Spies! You all are the BEST! CHEERS!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

My new 58* wedge showed up today and I played a little hooky in order to hit the range and try it out...Good Lord, but where the H*** has this club been all my life..!

attachicon.gifIMG_20180615_192024626_HDR~2.jpg

What an absolute dream to hit! Right out of the gate, I began peppering the flag at 50-yards with 1/4-1/2 swing-weight chips...Holy Cow!!! Then aiming at the 100-yd. marker and with a full swing, I was maybe going 75-yds, but dead straight and super high! Cannot wait to game this puppy! I can now see why all the fuss about bounce, degree, feel, etcetera when it comes to wedges. I think I'm becoming a technical "wedge-honk" now and want more! As soon as my disability check hits 7-1, I'm ordering a 54* and a 50* immediately after! B)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4f_51oTYJw

Total revelation all the way to even 4-iron!

I began

focusing on the middle of the ball or even just to the front of it and the strikes were just coming clean off the face! Longer and straighter than ever before! I think I've unlocked a key to my game that will pay off immediately and cannot wait to (hopefully) translate this new-found "secret" to the course.

Thanks for reading and please add any comments fellow Spies! You all are the BEST! CHEERS!

Can't wait to hear about the on course success!

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Can't wait to hear about the on course success!

Aye, aye Sir! Hitting one of our most challenging clubs Sunday and will immediately make a report...well after the Father's Day festivities anyhow... ;)

Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)

#Powertotheplayers

I am working on rotating my hips through the swing, rather than sliding forward. Sliding was causing me to come WAY from the inside and either hit a huge hook or a big push.

I feel like I was pretty good at it today, about 50% of my shots where I wanted them, but the driver needed a bit more work. I also tend to my hands going very quick in transition, which causes early extension a lot of the time. I need to keep practicing shallowing the club a bit more.

Also practicing some left-hand low putting, as I've been having a heck of a time with the flat stick. Issues are with distance control more than anything, I seen to be hitting the ball too hard and need to relax my grip a bit.

#alwaysgrinding fellas, keep at it!!! :mellow:

WITB

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

I am working on rotating my hips through the swing, rather than sliding forward. Sliding was causing me to come WAY from the inside and either hit a huge hook or a big push.

I feel like I was pretty good at it today, about 50% of my shots where I wanted them, but the driver needed a bit more work. I also tend to my hands going very quick in transition, which causes early extension a lot of the time. I need to keep practicing shallowing the club a bit more.

Also practicing some left-hand low putting, as I've been having a heck of a time with the flat stick. Issues are with distance control more than anything, I seen to be hitting the ball too hard and need to relax my grip a bit.

Good stuff NBC! Keep after it and I hope the left-hand-low works as good for you as it does me. Cheers Bro!

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

Finally got in some range time with my new Vokeys. Went thru my eye 2 wedges and fit the Vokeys in to compare yardage. Everything seemed to go well in the yardage department so i worked on different shots and lies with the new wedges.

Ran into a guy at the range who i plsy a hole or two with evey so often. He hit my wedges while I played with his new 2016 TM HL M2 3 wood. Fell in love with it as i just sold my g30 3wood.

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

I ran right to the range after I landed at home today. I did my drills from my lesson and finished off the last 12-15 balls hitting full shots..... I usually hit my 7 iron 170-172. When I hit the ball flush today, it was flying right on the 180 flag! Daaaaaang! This is going to be FUN!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I will often do left hand low when I struggle with the floor guy stick - I'm considering seeing it right now. I've never stuck to it but it does seem to calm things down and get me using my big muscles rather than my wrists.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Chipping, putting and swinging a training aid as fast as I could 30 times.

Playing in league tomorrow afternoon.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Chipping, putting and swinging a training aid as fast as I could 30 times.

Playing in league tomorrow afternoon.

Good luck out there Rev! Have fun too!

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

The grass range was closed when I got to the course for seeding/mowing, so I hit the practice bunker for 45 mins armed with a 58* Ping wedge rather than my Smart Sole. It was frustrating at first but I finally started getting the ball out repeatedly. Granted I sent it to the other side of the green, but hey - it was out! Always a work in progress. I am determined to be able to get out of sand without a problem by the end of this season. 

Quick range session today working on different set ups and ball positions to work through different ball flights and trajectories. Just tying to do something different to figure out how to line up to get the ball to go where I want it to go.

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Just got my first online lesson from Marcus Potter (Potter's Putting) yesterday and I'm going to the practice green right after I get off work to grind the drills and changes he gave me. Also hitting the range for a little to dial in my new driver shaft

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

Just got my first online lesson from Marcus Potter (Potter's Putting) yesterday and I'm going to the practice green right after I get off work to grind the drills and changes he gave me. Also hitting the range for a little to dial in my new driver shaft

Always interested in hearing the theories of the various putting coaches. Are to share some of his thoughts on putting and putters. Read some of his posts but didn't get a good idea on his theories.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Always interested in hearing the theories of the various putting coaches. Are to share some of his thoughts on putting and putters. Read some of his posts but didn't get a good idea on his theories.

Its a little different for everyone but what seems to be his constants across the board is a low takeaway, smooth transition and a relaxed address. He gave me 1 drill also specifically for my path but it is one that can be done at the same time as the other drills he gave me.

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

Interesting practice session today. I was on the range with, a retired PGA player, a DI college player (woman) and a mini tour player taking a lesson from our teaching pro - my teacher.

I tried not to watch (or let them watch me) too much. Some pretty nice swings. It really helped my rhythm.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

attachicon.gifIMG_20180615_192024626_HDR~2.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4f_51oTYJw

Total revelation all the way to even 4-iron!

I began

focusing on the middle of the ball or even just to the front of it and the strikes were just coming clean off the face! Longer and straighter than ever before! I think I've unlocked a key to my game that will pay off immediately and cannot wait to (hopefully) translate this new-found "secret" to the course.

Dang man, sorry I missed this. That stealth looks nice!

Took another lesson today .. essentially re-building the entire swing from literally the ground up.

Basically need a shorter backswing with way less wrist break, more turn at the shoulders and actually less at the hips .. while maintaining the spine angle, better left hand grip with constant pressure on the club, then a deliberate weight shift forward with the club dropping down and coming from the inside plus a much more pronounced turn/rotation with almost a step forward (apparently something that Gary Player used to do).

So nothing major (ha ha).

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

After spending the last five days on my hands and knees laying a new kitchen floor, I just wanted to swing a club to loosen everything up again.

Hit about 40 balls on the range then spent a lot of time chipping using both my pw and 8-iron then pulled out the 63* wedge for some short side practice.

It was a productive day.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

Lesson #9 today. Coach randomly pulled out my driver and said hit this. Good driver lesson. As with all my clubs I swing way to outside in. However we talked about putting my 3 wood shaft on my driver and my 5 wood shat on my 3. He believes if I hit the ball more center face I'll gain distance

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

Half swings in the garage with the Thick emphasis on the “flattening of the wrist” at top of back swing . 8' ceilings leave me limited, so I'm just been trying to burn that motion and feeling into my brain until it feels natural and enough of t starts bleeding into my game subconsciously without messing with my swing mentally at the tee box.

Papa-Bear was Here. 

Half swings in the garage with the Thick emphasis on the “flattening of the wrist” at top of back swing . 8' ceilings leave me limited, so I'm just been trying to burn that motion and feeling into my brain until it feels natural and enough of t starts bleeding into my game subconsciously without messing with my swing mentally at the tee box.

To shorten the swing, the drill I do is stand next to wall, flip the club upside down and take you backswing while trying to not touch the wall. Surprisingly works very well

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

had been hitting a lot of fades lately and was losing a bit of distance and I couldn't figure out why.... after much video watching and watching tournaments on the telly I realized that my right hand was getting too far on the top.... slid that right hand underneath a bit, changed the left hand to a bit more neutral vs strong and voila... back to the slight draw with distance!

saw a quick tip from Dave Pelz on twitter about hitting long putts....made total sense when I thought about it.  It's hard to use your normal putting grip when putting from 50+ feet away - NOT for the professionals, they can do it from anywhere...his suggestion was to use a chip putt stroke when you're a long way away....hit the putt like your chipping it even though you're on the green.

gave it a try and I was lagging it nice and close!

just finished up Bob Rotella's book "Golf is not a game of perfect" and in it he had a chapter on practicing... his advice was not to get too mechanical while you're on the range....you've got to do it a little but don't forget about the 'feel' part of it.  I'd been getting really mechanical lately and was trying to be perfect with every position in my swing - from my toes to my nose - instead of just using natural ability.  Tried it yesterday and it worked well....probably 30% mechanical and the rest was just feel.... easy to forget that part!

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024: