Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

Spent an hour today on the range today after church and lunch with friends.

I started finding some distance that I can only attribute to my workout. I was soaking at a pin that was 129 with a 9 iron - wind was left to right - down - not a good wind for me - I hit nearly every shot past the flag. In fact I was hitting most of them to the back of the green.

Easy swings too

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I had my wife's blessing to head out for 9 holes this afternoon after dropping her and the kids off at her parent's house, however as soon as I walked in I heard "I need help with my computerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" from my in-laws. So by the time that was resolved (it's called "Stop downloading every damn free cards game get you get an ad for") I only had time to hit 2 small buckets at the range.

So I worked on my backswing as always, because I constantly find that a good backswing leads to a good shot. Just feeling like my hands go no higher than my waist in reality is much further and I get a good shot. My driver was ON today, and had me wistfully looking at the 1st teebox wishing I could head out.

Lag putting was so-so today. I holed a 20 footer and that ended the day on a high note.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Yesterday, I really focused on hitting 50 and 100yd wedges.  I'm really trying to dial in that feeling and repetition so it becomes a habit like shooting free throws.

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Yesterday, I really focused on hitting 50 and 100yd wedges. I'm really trying to dial in that feeling and repetition so it becomes a habit like shooting free throws.

I've been doing some of the same. These are gps walked off yardage's in my back yard. I might get a members bounce on the 3/4 swings, but I'm taking this method out on the course on Friday for a heavy practice round. There is an event coming up I need to be in tip top shape for.

+/- a yard or so, I'll be adding the 9 and PW eventually. Might adjust loft to get a better array of shots

Hip to hip

60° - 47 yards

56° - 59 yards Low

52° - 73 yards

Chest to chest

60° - 64 yards

56° - 80 yards Med

52° - 97 yards

3/4

60° - 75 yards

56° - 94 yards Med/Hi

52° - 111 yards

Full

60° - 95 yards

56° - 112 yards JD

52° - 125 yards

...league play last night and my play was so-so.... I was finding fairways and greens but just didn't feel like I was contacting the ball as well as I could be.

stopped at the range on the way home to hit a bucket and realized that I wasn't using the full length of my swing....by that I mean that when I made contact with the ball my right arm wasn't extended fully and I was losing some speed and power.  

if you think about it - for a right hand player - the right arm will always be the closest to the ball and so to maximize my swing arc I wanted to make sure that it was fully extended at impact.  after really focusing on this I was hitting the ball very well and getting back to expected distances.

now I just hope I don't forget it before league play next week.... :lol:

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

1. Early wrist break.
  2. Turn to the top (top being hands about shoulder high)
  3. Smooth slide the hips forward with head back and come at the inside of the ball.
  4. Try not to hit the ball with the hands.

I say this last thing because the club head will release no matter what, but if i try to hit with the hands, it doesn't work well. I try not to hit the ball and it delays the release and all the acceleration is in the hitting zone.

I went and practiced this again today. When my ribs and shoulder was hurt (still not 100% but up to 95% healed) I was only taking 3/4 swings. Last weekend, I started making full swings, but developed a pull-hook. I went to play 9 holes (actually 14 1/2 holes) and not only work on this but my short game and fix this pull-hook issue.

I determined that I was not completing my backswing and then rushing the downswing. This resulted in an outside to inside swing path and the dreaded pull-hook.

I slowed down and came almost to a complete stop at the top and then started the downswing. I have never struck the ball better.

I also changed putters. I love the feel of the ball coming off my modified Big Sur, but haven't putted on these greens consistently this year. So I went to the Newport 1.5 with the GSS insert for a more aggressive roll off the face. I have a 2018 Newport 2 on the way that I loved in testing last week, but I don't expect it until next week. This is my first brand new putter ever. All the others have been second hand. I never believed there were any advantages to new putters but I may be wrong. I putted very well today. 

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Had a range session today working on my 4, 5, and 6 iron. I feel that my hips are either turning too slow or too fast. Trying to find the same rhythm that I have with the shorter irons.

It didn't go well today

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Worked for half an hour on putting after work yesterday then worked out.

The best I've rolled the ball with putter in a long time - I will have to see if I can can get that out on the course. I like to make 9 four footers in a row when I practice - I made 9 plus first try (I think I made 21 total before a miss).

I worked on speed after that and had no three putts on a very grainy and fairly slick green. It tested my reading skills.

Good session

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Took another lesson today .. essentially re-building the entire swing from literally the ground up.

Basically need a shorter backswing with way less wrist break, more turn at the shoulders and actually less at the hips .. while maintaining the spine angle, better left hand grip with constant pressure on the club, then a deliberate weight shift forward with the club dropping down and coming from the inside plus a much more pronounced turn/rotation with almost a step forward (apparently something that Gary Player used to do).

So nothing major (ha ha).

hahaha.  I guess we are opposites.  Basically, I need a longer backswing with way more wrist break.  Oh yeah, my stance is too wide.  Well, back to the range.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

attachicon.gifIMG_1077.JPG

Spent an hour today on the range today after church and lunch with friends.

I started finding some distance that I can only attribute to my workout. I was soaking at a pin that was 129 with a 9 iron - wind was left to right - down - not a good wind for me - I hit nearly every shot past the flag. In fact I was hitting most of them to the back of the green.

Easy swings too

Nice!  But if I remember correctly, back of the greens at Bayou is DEATH.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Was at the range yesterday working on my "new" swing .. ball flies nicely when it works!

(though I did top and thin a bunch of shots, too...)

Also (still...) trying to decide between a 4W and a 3H (actually between two different 3Hs) .. hit a bunch with each and the 4W, I guess not unexpectedly, flies higher/lands softer vs the 3H which looks like it'll yield more total distance due to more rollout. As far as ease of hitting or consistency with a particular one, cannot say that one club stood out obviously enough. Maybe carry both!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Range today. Working on working the ball, it is coming along nicely. Getting nice predictable on command ball flights.

Working on 4 heights, and a 3-5 yard left or right. Threw in a a few rope hooks and stinger cuts.

Not putting the time in with the wedges is showing. I've lost my touch.

I went to play a practice round today and also test out an old 3 wood. But I was joined on the first tee by a former PGA Teaching Pro who is recovering from knee replacement. We played 18 and I did not strike the ball well. I also couldn't play the way I wanted to.

I had a nice time, but it was not what I had planned. We talked about what I was doing wrong, and he agreed with my assessment, I simply was not executing like I did yesterday.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Was at the range yesterday working on my "new" swing .. ball flies nicely when it works!

Also (still...) trying to decide between a 4W and a 3H (actually between two different 3Hs) .. hit a bunch with each and the 4W, I guess not unexpectedly, flies higher/lands softer vs the 3H which looks like it'll yield more total distance due to more rollout. As far as ease of hitting or consistency with a particular one, cannot say that one club stood out obviously enough. Maybe carry both!

Great work!  Sounds like the lessons are working out.  My preference is the hybrid, but mine actually flies higher than my FW.  The hybrid is also good out of rough; don't even try to hit my FW out of rough unless the ball is really sitting up.

Thursday nights my wife and I play a 9-hole practice round after she gets off work.  By the time she got to the course, the winds had picked up to about 15mph.  My driver was working very well; nice draws which is unusual for me.  I think the wind had something to do with it.  

What was really working well was my putter.  Last Sunday when practicing putts before our round, I told my wife that I was not putting well and I didn't.  I spent about 15 minutes on the putting green before she arrived tonight, and I made everything!  Sure enough, I putted very well on the course.  Over 9-holes I had 12 putts and only one was less than 5 feet.  Of course, chipping in on the 1st hole for birdie helped a lot.  Shot a +2 for a 39.

Sent my swing to my instructor last week on video. He promotes a very vertical steep backswing and transition.Looked like I was getting flat and stuck again according to his recommendations.Went out in the 90 degree plus heat and hit 2 full buckets grooving the drills he sent me.I hit a few this AM and the ball was flying a country mile with a nice draw again.This instructor is a pure genius

Today was a personal breakthrough in my game. I was hitting draws with ease and dropping them perfectly behind the 175 target (where I was trying to land). There was a 10-20 mph wind from left to right as well, which makes the practice session even more rewarding. I've struggled with a slice ever since day one with woods and my driver, occasionally into my long irons. Hit the range today with the attitude that I wasn't going to allow a single muscle to become tense during any of my swings. And by not becoming tense, I'm talking free swinging, loose flowing, zero rush, just let the club swing type of relaxed. Folks, I've been golfing wrong my entire life. The feel I had from that first swing with my 3 wood was unexplainable. I now first hand understand the term “releasing the club”, at least I think that's what's happening. It's like I was skipping a step of the swing my entire career and rushing that downswing causing a very steep out to in path that I tried EVERYTHING to fix except simply relaxing more. I by no means had a baseball swing or anything, but definitely not enough consistency with woods and drivers to use them on a course forcing me to use irons from the tee box (which is a stronger aspect of my game). Today was the first time ever in my life I could confidentially line up with a target, decide where and how I wanted to shape the shot, and consistently execute that shot repeatedly through 2 buckets with only a handful of mis-hits. The majority of Mishits were from playing with tee height and ball position to calibrate to the wind (which is also something else I've never had the luxury of doing confidently). It was a crazy feeling I've been waiting to experience for years. There was no pain or soreness after the range in my shoulders or arms. There was no straining, or pulls. Just sore cheeks from the smile I was wearing the entire time. Needless to say, today was a great day In Golf. And I am definitely taking this new confidence and swing mentality to the course today too play 9 when she dries up a bit.

Papa-Bear was Here. 

Thursday nights my wife and I play a 9-hole practice round after she gets off work. By the time she got to the course, the winds had picked up to about 15mph. My driver was working very well; nice draws which is unusual for me. I think the wind had something to do with it.

What was really working well was my putter. Last Sunday when practicing putts before our round, I told my wife that I was not putting well and I didn't. I spent about 15 minutes on the putting green before she arrived tonight, and I made everything! Sure enough, I putted very well on the course. Over 9-holes I had 12 putts and only one was less than 5 feet. Of course, chipping in on the 1st hole for birdie helped a lot. Shot a +2 for a 39.

Nothing like the rewarding feeling of a successful trip to the putting green! I feel out of anywhere someone could practice, the putting and chipping greens are hands down the most beneficial to lowering scores. Well done!

Papa-Bear was Here. 

I just figured out how to swing my 3H today. 16 degree TM Burner and I've never felt so confident off a tee in my life. I'd say it depends on what you play more. If you play slot of dry, wide, and long course with not to many trees often go 3H. If you play tighter, more technical courses more often where landing precision is more important than extra rollout distance go 4 to stick your target better with a softer landing.

Also situational, on which type of shot you play more often. How's your driver game? Would a light driver or strong 2-3 iron play out the same as your 3W does?

How's your iron game? Could you hit a similar shot to the 4W with an iron?

Sounds like your on the right track, eventually one will talk to you more than the other and the decision will be clear. Best of luck!

Papa-Bear was Here. 

Played a practice round, slow on the course, so it was TP5 vs TP5x vs Chrome Soft vs Srixon Z Star.

TP5 is my new gamer, I love it.

Also, wedges back on point but rest of my game was not so good.

Thunderstorm cut it short. Only got 9 in. Was planning on keeping score on the back 9.

Not putting the time in with the wedges is showing. I've lost my touch.

Yeah .. I was gonna say something just like that......... Gotta get back on it!

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

Today was a personal breakthrough in my game. I was hitting draws with ease and dropping them perfectly behind the 175 target (where I was trying to land). There was a 10-20 mph wind from left to right as well, which makes the practice session even more rewarding. I've struggled with a slice ever since day one with woods and my driver, occasionally into my long irons. Hit the range today with the attitude that I wasn't going to allow a single muscle to become tense during any of my swings. And by not becoming tense, I'm talking free swinging, loose flowing, zero rush, just let the club swing type of relaxed. Folks, I've been golfing wrong my entire life. The feel I had from that first swing with my 3 wood was unexplainable. I now first hand understand the term “releasing the club”, at least I think that's what's happening. It's like I was skipping a step of the swing my entire career and rushing that downswing causing a very steep out to in path that I tried EVERYTHING to fix except simply relaxing more. I by no means had a baseball swing or anything, but definitely not enough consistency with woods and drivers to use them on a course forcing me to use irons from the tee box (which is a stronger aspect of my game). Today was the first time ever in my life I could confidentially line up with a target, decide where and how I wanted to shape the shot, and consistently execute that shot repeatedly through 2 buckets with only a handful of mis-hits. The majority of Mishits were from playing with tee height and ball position to calibrate to the wind (which is also something else I've never had the luxury of doing confidently). It was a crazy feeling I've been waiting to experience for years. There was no pain or soreness after the range in my shoulders or arms. There was no straining, or pulls. Just sore cheeks from the smile I was wearing the entire time. Needless to say, today was a great day In Golf. And I am definitely taking this new confidence and swing mentality to the course today too play 9 when she dries up a bit.

Wow.... Nice! Hopefully that FEEL is going to be a part of your swing from now on!

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

Great work! Sounds like the lessons are working out. My preference is the hybrid, but mine actually flies higher than my FW. The hybrid is also good out of rough; don't even try to hit my FW out of rough unless the ball is really sitting up.

I just figured out how to swing my 3H today. 16 degree TM Burner and I've never felt so confident off a tee in my life. I'd say it depends on what you play more. If you play slot of dry, wide, and long course with not to many trees often go 3H. If you play tighter, more technical courses more often where landing precision is more important than extra rollout distance go 4 to stick your target better with a softer landing.

Also situational, on which type of shot you play more often. How's your driver game? Would a light driver or strong 2-3 iron play out the same as your 3W does?

How's your iron game? Could you hit a similar shot to the 4W with an iron?

Sounds like your on the right track, eventually one will talk to you more than the other and the decision will be clear. Best of luck!

Thanks for all that feedback guys!

I rely on my 4H a lot to get out of heavy rough or to punch out from under trees; not sure if I'd have the same confidence with the longer 3H .. and I'd rather lay up to a safe spot vs trying the go for it swing....

Also actually hitting the 4W decently (now and then...) from a good lie, and using it off the tee on short Par 4s or doglegs - and yeah, we do have more courses around here that are tighter and "ask you" ;-) to hit into, and stay in, a target area.

So I guess you can see which way I'm leaning (at the current moment anyway!).

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

Played several practice holes today, not really striking the ball all that well but was simply working on focusing hard on the ball throughout the swing and keeping it in play ... and moving in the right direction...

Was generally successfully as I had pars or bogeys - nothing worse which is really good for me.

Wedges were a bit 50-50 (gotta get back to focused practice with these!) but did have one nice par save when I chipped it close from long-right off the green; and putting was mostly good.

Then hit the practice green for a long time after playing; worked on the around the clock drill, some distance control drills and some lag putting.

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

Was supposed to play but a quick look at the radar and the forecast said it would be pouring by 3. So I went to the range primarily to try the new driver shaft out.

It took a while to get to driver, it just seems like I have a different swing every time. I'm glad that I didn't play that's for certain because the first 40 balls were an nightmarish assortment of chunks, pulls and semi shanks. Can we all say stuck inside.

Finally I said the heck with it and hit driver. The thing feels like a cudgel with an 80 gram shaft in it. (Its swing weight is still D4 but the overall weight is much heavier)

After three swings I was hammering it dead straight where ever I was aiming. It what hit splat on the ground and trickle up to or past the flag that was 225. So it was going about 10 yards longer than on the LM two weeks ago - very little wind moving across down left to right, heavy air - I'm guessing I was carrying it 205-215. Not bad for me at all.

Back to the irons I hit shot after shot great after that. The white flag was 133 from my station. I hit ball after ball right past it with 8 irons that were straight as an arrow. I mean high and straight.

With the range almost empty I hit driver, iron (8 or gap wedge) and walked to the practice green - two putts, head back to the range and repeat.

I wasn't very far from the sweet spot on any driver that I hit - some a little high on the face, some a little low but all in the middle of the club. More in the center of the middle than not. :)

Our office is closed next week. I'm the only one working. My goal is to play at least three rounds at the par 3 course up the street after work as well as an 18 at our sister course, Bardmoor, on the 4th and then an 18 somewhere a week from Sunday with my sons.

BTW the rain never came.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Working on setting up with a square club face. Had a fitting for the G700 irons the other day and the fitter noticed my club face was very open at address. I tend to tilt my head backwards, and possibly due to this was blissfully unaware how open it was.

I painted 90 degree lines on my hitting mat to make the club face angle more obvious to see.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Just did a quick warm-up before my round really, but I pulled out my Eyeline Gofl putting alignment mirror and set it up about 12'-15' away from the hole on a straight line and hit about 10 balls just to verify my posture, alignment, and stroke. It seemed to work (at least initially) as I sunk a 20' right to left breaker to save par on the 2nd hole. :D

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

Its been so ridiculously hot here I've spent most of my practice on my Big Moss in the AC!

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

Flattening my swing some (pretty good results today, we'll see on a course) and lag-putting from 60-90 feet (really want to eliminate 3-putts).

Sent from my BLN-L24 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

I went to work on driver because that was my biggest issue Weds. Warmed up, hit shot irons great. Nutted my first driver, then switched targets and hit a duck hook followed by a playable but larger than I'd like draw.

I muttered something under my breath and proceeded to do something that I haven't been able to for several years. Alternating sides of the range I hit 10 straight fades and I do mean fades, not slices or blocks, perfect little shots that started just left of my target and peeled back right. I then hit a great draw to the left target before finally hitting a block trying to hit draw to the right.

I finished off with 4/5 perfect fades left - the one miss was a push fade - it would have depended on the hole as to whether it was okay - I was drilled though.

I won't likely adopt a fade but it was fun to have it work when I tried it. Great sign!

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches