TESTERS WANTED! ×

What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

I practiced being humiliated by a former your player on my left and mini tour guru on my right.

Actually I played 2 holes with the tour guy. He's 74, had a stroke 20 years ago and is fully capable of shooting his age.

He told me a few weeks ago that the best way to finish a practice session is to go play a couple of holes so we did. Actually we played 1,2,3,8,9.

He was one under, I was 1 over. Those holes include 2 of the hardest holes on the course 1 and 8.

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Finally got out for some full swing work today. Swung mostly easy 8 irons . My set up and posture have been awful lately so I focussed on that and getting a full smooth swing on.

Also warmed up and down with some 40-60 yd pitches.

Nice to be moving well enough to put some work in.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

I need to hit the short game area after church tomorrow.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I was supposed to play World Woods today. I have a nasty head cold and I'm very relutant to be that far from home with my heart acting up so I skipped playing.

I hit the short game area instead after hitting it yesterday, too. (Bayou is across the street from an ER that knows exactly what to do to throw my heart back in rythmn) I did hit a bunch of 7 and 8 irons after an hour in the traps and around the practice green.

I've clearly found something with my swing. It really was effortless to hit good shots at the flag from 140 with the 8 and over it with the 7. Now if I can get the ablation done and behind me I can focus on playing good golf this year.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Got to the range tonight to dial in the top end of the bag on my launch monitor and forgot to charge my iPad so I went with the old sight test. Have to say after a few range sessions with the 917 line I am impressed so far. The driver may not be the longest I could put in the bag but it is dead straight. My guess is I am leaving 3-5 yards on the table at most but will trade that any day for straight. Heading back tomorrow to get some numbers and hopefully the same results.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Yesterdays 9-hole walking round left me sore, so decided not to play today.  The greens are slow and my chipping suffered yesterday, so I spent today working on a couple of things.  On the chipping green I used my 58, 54, 50, 46, and 42 SCORs to see what worked better on the slow greens; fly it halfway to the hole or land it just on the green and try to control the roll.  Turns out the 42 worked the best today.  I usually hit the same shot with my 50, so that shows you how slow the greens are.

After chipping I moved to the back side of the driving range where there is some slope.  The normal driving range at my club is very flat and I usually don't use it unless I am working on a swing issue.  Today I wanted to hit off a downslope.  The backside of the range is used for lessons, and there is an area when the range slopes away from you.  I have trouble on some lies on the course where the fairway has undulations, and I am hitting on the downslope.  Taking a more lofted clubs results in better shots for me.

My wife and I are teeing it up in the morning, but I suspect there will be a frost delay as the temperature in the early morning is supposed to be 25*.  Dang!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Sitting around the  house watching TV and chipping golf balls to work on contact.  Been hitting behind the ball too much and it has been costing me lots of stokes during my rounds.  Hoping the work will pay dividends when I play tomorrow

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Two days in a row I got to hit balls and planning to go again tomorrow morning. This early in the year it is all basics for me a it's the focus on balance. Also the first day with the use of a launch monitor on the range and I think it will be a great investment.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

Other than the spin I will take it. I think that had more to do with hitting sh!tty range balls than anything else.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

Worked on some putting today indoors as it is cold and windy out. Used an eye line trainer for the first time and came away impressed. Was a throw in with my Birdie Ball green that I can see myself getting some good use out of.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

Was hitting balls on range working on tempo with my goofy homemade swing. Another gentleman came up to me and tried explaining how swinging steep like I do doesn't work.Really caught me off guard and thought he was joking. Unfortunately he wasn't. Ironically I was hitting the ball excellent shot after shot.He never once looked at how my Ball was flying.In all my years of playing I never had anyone be so bold like that. Very awkward experience

Keep it in the short stuff

Amazing how everyone can tell you what you are doing wrong with your swing;  should have asked to see his PGA card.

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Was hitting balls on range working on tempo with my goofy homemade swing. Another gentleman came up to me and tried explaining how swinging steep like I do doesn't work.Really caught me off guard and thought he was joking. Unfortunately he wasn't. Ironically I was hitting the ball excellent shot after shot.He never once looked at how my Ball was flying.In all my years of playing I never had anyone be so bold like that. Very awkward experience

lol what is golden rule in golf never ever give golf advise unless someone asks for it

Amazing how everyone can tell you what you are doing wrong with your swing; should have asked to see his PGA card.

It impossible too make a judgment about anyone's without seeing how the ball is flying.Im extremely on the steep side(shaft straight line vertical).But my golf ball flies very nice and straight

Keep it in the short stuff

It impossible too make a judgment about anyone's without seeing how the ball is flying.Im extremely on the steep side(shaft straight line vertical).But my golf ball flies very nice and straight

Agree

Took a lesson on Sunday. It's the first of many. Lots of fixes to make, but certainly the possibility of great improvement.

https://youtu.be/EXBBjnJ2cV8

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

Took a lesson on Sunday. It's the first of many. Lots of fixes to make, but certainly the possibility of great improvement.

https://youtu.be/EXBBjnJ2cV8

Great lesson! Thanks for posting / sharing.

Did you know, or did your instructor tell you, that is part of Tathata training program?

I've started that program myself, still in the early stages and not yet convinced if I'll stick with it all the way through, but I do think it's helping me get some "structure" and better movement into my swing.

Good luck with your learning!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Great lesson! Thanks for posting / sharing.

Did you know, or did your instructor tell you, that is part of Tathata training program?

I've started that program myself, still in the early stages and not yet convinced if I'll stick with it all the way through, but I do think it's helping me get some "structure" and better movement into my swing.

Good luck with your learning!

He didn't tell me directly, but I know he's part of it. What do you think so far? Has it helped you? What he's telling me makes a lot of sense, but it's only been one lesson. I've been delayed since the first lesson because my appendix decided to abandon ship last week. Next lesson will be April 2nd once I heal up.

What was your handicap prior to starting lessons?

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

I'm heading to the course an hour early today to work on my take away. That will include keeping my left bicep close to my chest gong back and then sliding up further back in the swing.   I'm trying to tighten the back swing up a bit to help with direction of club head going back.

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Snow on the ground here not to mention cold and windy so no outdoor practice. However spent time in the basement working out with a focus on rotation.

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I'm heading to the course an hour early today to work on my take away. That will include keeping my left bicep close to my chest gong back and then sliding up further back in the swing. I'm trying to tighten the back swing up a bit to help with direction of club head going back.

Try using imaginary duct tape and tape your upper right arm to your side. Your left arm will automatically follow across your chest.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Try using imaginary duct tape and tape your upper right arm to your side. Your left arm will automatically follow across your chest.

Imaginary hell!   I got a roll of real duct tape in my truck as a country boy wouldn't leave home with out it.....    :D 

Interesting tip.  How about the right elbow as it has to fold around your right side?

Cleveland

"telephone rings"  its my neighbor across the street.  "Birdie trash can?" ..."let me grab my club"...

Neighbor and I do this on occasion on trash day after the trash cans are emptied.  We open up the trash cans that are still on the street, and take alternate shots with Birdie balls,  First one to make it, the other guy has to pick up the loose birdie balls, clean the birdie ball in the trash can, and bring both trash cans up the driveway.

Thats how I "Practiced" yesterday.......   :D

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

The question is did you win?

The question is did you win?

Actually I did win four bucks! . Only three of us showed up and we had a little money game.

Cleveland

This morning was pretty nice at 56* and very little wind but rain was forecasted for early afternoon.  So I went to the club to practice.  I started on the pitching green and hit a variety of shots from 25 and 50 yards; high, low with my 54 and 58 SCORs.  I hadn't done this since last fall, but I was happy with the results.

Next, I went to the range (I hate range work!) and worked on getting a bigger backswing.  I shot my best round on Sunday by focusing on a good turn, and I thought that the winter caused a shorter turn, so let's stretch it out!  Hit some nice shots, but had a few mishits.  I will be doing this more over the coming weeks.

Then I went to the chipping/putting green.  First I worked on chip shots with my 54, 50, and 46 SCORs varying shots to different pins.  This part of my game was solid last weekend, and today I was still sticking them close.  I'll keep riding that horse as long as I can.  Finally, I worked on putting from the MGS putting test distance of 5, 10, and 20 feet.  The grounds crew mowed the greens early today, and they were pretty quick; just like I like them.  Yesterday, the grass was too wet and the greens didn't get mowed.  No bunker practice; maybe next time.

Overall, I spent 2 hours practicing.  It's supposed to be a nice sunny day tomorrow so I'll be playing with the guys at the club.  I wonder how many strokes today's practice will be worth??

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”