What/How did you practice today?

Our Sponsors

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hard to think of a cheaper training aid than some foot spray... Worth every penny

Finally got to do some “chipping” after what seems forever. Was pleased with results after 4+ months. Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Sorry, missed this. Here ya go.

Posted Images

Back to the range to work my drills, then full-swings. This Ping G400 with the TPT only has a ball flight with a draw, to my hook miss, no right/fade in it at all. Probably going to switch-out the shaft for something with a lower torque/stiffer to take away that big left miss, hopefully my pro will change it and let me keep it for a bit again. City Championship 17th-19th, so I gotta keep drilling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

IMG_1248.JPG

Worked through the bag today including chips and pitches from a variety of lies on the practice green.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Hit the putting green after playing 9. Back cant handle more than 30 or so balls before I cant take it. I went much more uoright earlier in the seasin, but putted horrible. Went back to a more Nicklaus approach and my putting. Hss improved.

• Like 1

DRIVER: Titleist 905R S 10.5

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha XS

Irons- Titleist 716 AP1 S 1/2 over 2 degrees upright

Vokey SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Played about 10 holes, focused on hitting both drivers on holes that called for hitting driver. My KZG was a beast today! The TPT shaft is way too weak so I kept missing left. I'll just keep the KZG in the bag the rest of the week!

• Like 1

Today and the last week or so, I've been working on backswing. Take the right shoulder and put it behind my back. The rest is just letting go. Working really well.

• Like 1

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

Haven' t hit into my net here at the house of late, but tonight got a wild hair tonight despite the HOT and also perpetrated by the "newness" of my replacement 3W shaft.

Strickly speaking of hitting it only...man...if you don't pay attention to it, I can see toe-jobs all day long...

BUT if I stand tall with good posture and keep my d**n left forearm straight...and stay smooth....and...and...and...Well it works. And I seem to be on it...er...mostly. -_- 

Need to see how this baby performs on the range, so I'll have to buck-up after work before Friday during the real HOT of the day before weeks end see how it really is before introducing it to Pronghorn in Bend, Oregon Sunday.  :rolleyes: Fingers crossed!!!

• Like 1

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

I have been working on swinging more to the right.

I am swinging the club to far to the left and getting some nasty pulls. I can do it when I focus but if I lose focus, I revert to my old ways and the pull returns.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

I have been working on swinging more to the right.

I am swinging the club to far to the left and getting some nasty pulls. I can do it when I focus but if I lose focus, I revert to my old ways and the pull returns.

Funny. I'm working on swinging left because I hit some nasty hooks from swinging-out too much to the right!

• Like 3

Funny. I'm working on swinging left because I hit some nasty hooks from swinging-out too much to the right!

Me too - prescription for disaster for me.

• Like 1

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Got a medium bucket, 80 balls, and focused on wedge shots for about ½ of the bucket. Really focusing on dialing in the short game so I can break 90 more often!

Plan on going to my local chip and putt later this week to really hone in on it.

• Like 4

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

After most wanted testing I worked on controlling face angle on iron shots and the worked on 20 footers

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Got a medium bucket, 80 balls, and focused on wedge shots for about ½ of the bucket. Really focusing on dialing in the short game so I can break 90 more often!

Plan on going to my local chip and putt later this week to really hone in on it.

Working the wedge game... doing the bull dance... feeling it.... feeling it.

What's the part you struggle with the most?

• Like 2

Just putting into the pillow. The usual afternoon routine. I usually like to hit some foam balls in the back yard with a 3/4 swing and 1/2 swing 56 to keep the rust off during the week but it's storming all week this week so putting will have to be enough.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

Spent an hour at the range, practice bunker, and putting green.

Hit about 25 5 irons. High, low, left, right. A few 3 woods. A couple drivers. Finished with some stinger 3 irons, big ol swooping draws.... love it.

Moved to the bunker, the sand sucks. It's like dust. Saved my sand practice for the beach this evening.

Putting/chipping green. Some 60's, 56's, 52's and working in some running chips with the 5, 7, 9 irons. Short game is coming along nicely.

Finished up with some 30' lag putts before the league showed up and I had to take off.

Snuck out on my lunch break to hit a small bucket. I mostly hit short irons, bouncing around after every few balls.

I pulled the Heavenwood which used to be my most consistent club but has been a nasty hook machine lately. I put the ball further back in my stance on a whim and started hitting these gorgeous shots that just took off like a rocket. No idea if it'll last, but I put a note in my phone to put the ball position back the next time I'm at the range to see if that ballflight continues.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 R flex 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:cleveland-small:  Smart Sole S
:cleveland-small: #10

Twitter: @russtopherb