jlukes

What/How did you practice today?

Heading to the range this morning to get loose for the weekend and see if this 5 wood purchase was a good idea. I have never carried one and not sure I have actually ever even hit one in all the years I have played golf.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Jmikecpa said:

this 5 wood purchase

Just curious .. is this intended for a particular approach distance, or ___?

• Like 1

Now that weather is breaking I’ve been able to get out and work on the shallowing of the club from my lesson a couple weeks ago. Things are starting to go good with short irons I think 

7B856C45-4A8F-4DA1-926B-AE24B21CC69A.jpeg

• Like 5

Just curious .. is this intended for a particular approach distance, or ___?

Hybrid replacement. The swing changes I have gone through make a hybrid no bueno for my new swing and just could get over not having that club in the bag. I need something I can choke down and hit 230 and something I can launch high and hit hard 250ish. This was my instructors suggestion and he is normally right so why the heck not give it a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 6

6 hours ago, Jmikecpa said:

Hybrid replacement. The swing changes I have gone through make a hybrid no bueno for my new swing and just could get over not having that club in the bag. I need something I can choke down and hit 230 and something I can launch high and hit hard 250ish. This was my instructors suggestion and he is normally right so why the heck not give it a try.

Love my 5W but there's no flighting it for me. It is either going high, or higher 😆

• Haha 1

Love my 5W but there's no flighting it for me. It is either going high, or higher

Had it on the course for the first time today and so far so good. Can hit a nice low bullet off the tee when I need to and get it nice and high when I want to.

• Like 2

Hit some pitch and runs today. My swing is in S*** shape. Real bad, this 7 month lay off sucks.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

More putter practice

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CarlH said:

More putter practice

Same for me! Definitely improving. 

• Like 3

Spent some time in my garage today working on my takeaway and top position. Both things I struggle with but a swing evaluation last week definitely helped that. Then hopefully my lesson next week will help with the over the top haha.

IMG_5098.JPGIMG_5099.JPG

• Like 3

I've been using the DTS Compressor that@Slap let me barrow, so I've been setting up with a forward press and have really been making solid contact. So, today I went to the local golf shop and tried the Mizuno shaft analyzer and it said that I need an X-flex, very unusual for me, but I was hitting it pretty good. I really like those JPX hot metal pro irons.

• Like 4

On Friday I was fortunate enough to find some time to get a refresher lesson. My instructor gave me a drill to help me focus on starting on my downswing and continuing it with my core and having my arms be along for the ride.
It’s been a few days doing the drill and I feel that my swing is more consistent when executed with my core making the turn. It’s a good swing thought and hopefully one I can maintain while playing.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Spent two hours after work hitting balls on our indoor sim. Not sure what shocked me more that I actually practiced for two hours in one day or that there was no beer involved considering our sim is next to the Mexican Cantina.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Went to the driving range and worked on the swing feeling from my lesson of turning with my core.

I found that I need a new pre-swing routine to ensure that my execution occurs. I am working to develop that routine and make sure I execute it before each swing on the range to make it stick when I finally hit the course.

• Like 1

Went to a SOAKED range and had to hit off mats. I’m just glad I got to swing today!!! Hit a bucket working on. Bender drill where the wrists snap into impact, knuckles down. Worked great until I went to the full swing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

Went to the range today and it was ugly, really ugly. It was as if i was in someone else’s body. Sometimes that’s the best time though as I found a few things and was hitting it reasonably well towards the end.

It wasn’t until this morning that I realized that I was sore because I helped someone move the day before. I’m not 35 anymore (or 45 or 55).

Feel great today!

• Like 2

Been on a 5 week layoff due to the fractured finger on left hand. Last Sunday went out and hit some wedges and mid-irons. All good. Was looking forward to playing today until a cold front* blew in last night. Rain and windy today. Tomorrow back to normal with sunshine and 75* 5-10 mph.

*cold front here means 50*

• Like 3

Worked on putting face control. Started with a gate that allowed for 1* of error and then made 23 out of 25 through a gate with .5* of error.

I seem to have pretty good face control with the Evnroll. Need to dial in distance

• Like 4

Went to the range today and it was ugly, really ugly. It was as if i was in someone else’s body. Sometimes that’s the best time though as I found a few things and was hitting it reasonably well towards the end.

It wasn’t until this morning that I realized that I was sore because I helped someone move the day before. I’m not 35 anymore (or 45 or 55).

Feel great today!

Know what you mean, I’m not 70 anymore

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Had an hour lesson today focusing on rotation and setup. Feel miles better. Got some good stuff to work on.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3