TESTERS WANTED! ×

What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

21 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Working on permanently getting rid of the OTT move. Much better, but still a lot of work to do to get the new move to stick, plus a bunch of stuff to still improve on.

does your coach have you looking back at the top of your backswing?  

that’s a lot of head movement when you’re trying to hit a tiny little ball. contact looked good though! 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

Hit 1.5 buckets at the range today while my son had a socially distant, fully masked mini-golf date with his girlfriend. First bucket was working on weight shift and a solid ball position for the Bertha Mini. Lots of woods off the deck since it's mats only. Thankfully they have the softer, longer turf panels on the sides that I hit irons off of when it's my only option. The Bertha Mini is still way more consistent than any driver I have right now, and my long irons were pretty decent. With the fluffy mat section if you hit fat you're penalized so it was nice hitting some good shots.

Midway through I went to put my car keys in the top pocket of my bag. I had to move my Precision Pro case out of the way to get to it, and I immediately thought "this is way too light".

B5DC725F-4FE9-4DBA-84A6-32BDD58FCAA6.jpeg.98fe66dd4e0a6a1dca524de18fcc5eeb.jpeg

Left my darn rangefinder attached to the cart on Wednesday. Not too happy right now. I called the course 3 times but never got through to anyone so I left a voicemail. 

I hit most of the second bucket playing a virtual round and switching up clubs based on where I'd be on the course. I was on "hole 6" when my son came over with his girlfriend and a large bucket and started taking clubs out of my bag. Not wanting to be that awkward dad I just put the rest of my balls and my bag in his stall and sat in the car. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

41 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

Hit 1.5 buckets at the range today while my son had a socially distant, fully masked mini-golf date with his girlfriend. First bucket was working on weight shift and a solid ball position for the Bertha Mini. Lots of woods off the deck since it's mats only. Thankfully they have the softer, longer turf panels on the sides that I hit irons off of when it's my only option. The Bertha Mini is still way more consistent than any driver I have right now, and my long irons were pretty decent. With the fluffy mat section if you hit fat you're penalized so it was nice hitting some good shots.

Midway through I went to put my car keys in the top pocket of my bag. I had to move my Precision Pro case out of the way to get to it, and I immediately thought "this is way too light".

Left my darn rangefinder attached to the cart on Wednesday. Not too happy right now. I called the course 3 times but never got through to anyone so I left a voicemail. 

I hit most of the second bucket playing a virtual round and switching up clubs based on where I'd be on the course. I was on "hole 6" when my son came over with his girlfriend and a large bucket and started taking clubs out of my bag. Not wanting to be that awkward dad I just put the rest of my balls and my bag in his stall and sat in the car. 

Too bad about the range finder......   ☹️

but...

Good move as a Dad giving them space!!  👍

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

1 hour ago, Chip Strokes said:

does your coach have you looking back at the top of your backswing?  

that’s a lot of head movement when you’re trying to hit a tiny little ball. contact looked good though! 

No, it tends to happen when i am actively working on my backswing position.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

On 11/27/2020 at 8:50 PM, dlow206 said:

Oh, this was specifically a drill by my instructor, to close my stance and feel an inside swing.

i actually have the tendency to have my feet to open normally

Speaking from experience, I would be careful with the closed stance.  I understand what your instructor is doing.  It's a good drill IF you hit the ball reasonably straight and want to create a right-to-left ball movement.  However, in my case with an OTT move, my brain told me that I am aimed too far right to go to the target.  So, in order to hit toward the target my brain told my arms to pull the club from the top which reinforces the OTT move.  

Your swing is much better than one I saw earlier, but at the start of the downswing, your initial move is still with your upper body, and it draws you off balance toward your toes.   You have rotated back to square leaving the arms behind.  The thought should be that arms drop down holding the angle with the club until shaft parallel, then rotate as fast as you can.  That brings the club through impact from the inside.  In actuality you will rotate a little earlier than that, but that should be slow motion drill.  

Please remember that I am NOT an instructor and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night; just my comments from your posted video based on my experiences with the same swing, albeit sloooower!!  lol

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 11/27/2020 at 8:30 PM, sirchunksalot said:

Thanks for the advice! I might have to get one bent and see how it works out. I've got a couple extra wedges that I could try with and see how it works before committing it to my gamers. It'd be worth the experiment. 

You can find a decent raw wedge for cheap to experiment on....

My custom grind 53* "Cle" wedge  🤪

20201128_161859.jpg.7d09cdcf272e5b37b4a0492f43ed0d97.jpg

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

13 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Speaking from experience, I would be careful with the closed stance.  I understand what your instructor is doing.  It's a good drill IF you hit the ball reasonably straight and want to create a right-to-left ball movement.  However, in my case with an OTT move, my brain told me that I am aimed too far right to go to the target.  So, in order to hit toward the target my brain told my arms to pull the club from the top which reinforces the OTT move.  

Your swing is much better than one I saw earlier, but at the start of the downswing, your initial move is still with your upper body, and it draws you off balance toward your toes.   You have rotated back to square leaving the arms behind.  The thought should be that arms drop down holding the angle with the club until shaft parallel, then rotate as fast as you can.  That brings the club through impact from the inside.  In actuality you will rotate a little earlier than that, but that should be slow motion drill.  

Please remember that I am NOT an instructor and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night; just my comments from your posted video based on my experiences with the same swing, albeit sloooower!!  lol

Got feedback from my instructor that i was over exaggerating the drill too much

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

After a disaster of a round yesterday, I thought I'd pack my gamers into my bag and take them out and show them a little love. Plus, the way my game has been lately I needed a boost of confidence. 

Well, let's just say I got off to a bad start. I had my Waffle House strike going in early and often. I was scattered, covered, chunked, and topped. I just couldn't get out of my own way and was ready to pack it in and go. Finally, toward the last twenty balls in the bucket, something clicked. I realized I was over swinging and tightened it up. The results were night and day different from the other 50+ balls I hit. I had to take video and I apologize for having to use the selfie camera because 1. I am not left handed and 2. It wasn't the best angle, I had to stuff the phone into the putter well on my bag. 

I am intentionally aiming at the markers to the right in the video. I started hitting the ball so well that I had to go in and get another bucket. I also hit driver pretty good, one of the guys on the range asked me to try to bring the club more outside in an effort to shallow it on the downswing. It was awkward, but the results were good. 

Now just to remember this the next time I can practice, we've got cold weather coming in and my only day to get out this week is Sunday, as it's my shift's Saturday to work. 

1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

Finally, toward the last twenty balls in the bucket, something clicked.

Nice!!! Dude you're looking so good now .. you're gonna have to change your screename 👌

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

7 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Nice!!! Dude you're looking so good now .. you're gonna have to change your screename 👌

@sirchunksalot to @sirpuresalot

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

Two large buckets this morning. I ordered a set of various height rubber tees so that I could practice tee shots with my long irons and hybrids from the mat. Also brought along the 1967 Wilson X-31 6 iron that I cleaned up last night after I got the set, and my new 17 degree Callaway Super Hybrid.

Spent about a bucket comparing and contrasting my two 19 degree "driving irons" - the Cobra SpeedZone 4 iron I reshafted with a graphite shaft and a Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro Tungsten with a graphite shaft. The SpeedZone was by far the most forgiving club, but it honestly launches almost too high for windy days. The CB Pro Tungsten is less forgiving but launches almost a degree and a half lower. Carry is about the same, with more roll for the Tour Edge. I guess I'm going to be keeping both around and swapping in the TE on windy days.

The Super Hybrid feels amazing, and it launches rockets. I turned it down to 16 degrees and in the draw setting, and hit mid-140s ball speeds. It looks to be a 230+ yard carry club from the tee and about 210-220 yard carry from the deck. Suitable for a 3 wood replacement as it was just so easy to hit!

I had a blast hitting the X-31 6 iron. Being the loft and length of a modern 8 iron, it flew about what I would have expected - upper 150s, low 160s. With the fluted regular flex stock shafts I really needed to make sure my swing was nice and fluid, otherwise if I get too aggressive in transition it's hook city.

Anyway, I'm going to spend a lot of time with these longer irons because they really expose the flaws in my swing. It took me quite a few balls to get my swing right today. As the clubs get longer I have a tendency to get too inside on my backswing and really tense and pull from the top, which led to all sorts of pulls and toe strikes until I got the tension out of my swing and figured it out.

Quite the novel ... another day of progress.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

After a disaster of a round yesterday, I thought I'd pack my gamers into my bag and take them out and show them a little love. Plus, the way my game has been lately I needed a boost of confidence. 
Well, let's just say I got off to a bad start. I had my Waffle House strike going in early and often. I was scattered, covered, chunked, and topped. I just couldn't get out of my own way and was ready to pack it in and go. Finally, toward the last twenty balls in the bucket, something clicked. I realized I was over swinging and tightened it up. The results were night and day different from the other 50+ balls I hit. I had to take video and I apologize for having to use the selfie camera because 1. I am not left handed and 2. It wasn't the best angle, I had to stuff the phone into the putter well on my bag. 
[/url] I am intentionally aiming at the markers to the right in the video. I started hitting the ball so well that I had to go in and get another bucket. I also hit driver pretty good, one of the guys on the range asked me to try to bring the club more outside in an effort to shallow it on the downswing. It was awkward, but the results were good. 
Now just to remember this the next time I can practice, we've got cold weather coming in and my only day to get out this week is Sunday, as it's my shift's Saturday to work. 

Looks pretty smooth

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

Looks pretty smooth emoji106.png

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I appreciate it, I'm trying to work out my tempo and not over swing. Lately, I've been trying to kill the ball and letting my backswing get too long. I videoed a bunch of shots and it only felt like I was getting my arms to parallel and see they're getting little past that. I guess our perceptions and reality are two different things. 

25 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I appreciate it, I'm trying to work out my tempo and not over swing. Lately, I've been trying to kill the ball and letting my backswing get too long. I videoed a bunch of shots and it only felt like I was getting my arms to parallel and see they're getting little past that. I guess our perceptions and reality are two different things. 

Amen to the perception vs. reality thing!  i think i am taking a half swing and look at the video to see my hands at my shoulders!  

36 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Amazing how what we think we are doing isn't really what we are doing.  During my lesson yesterday I was trying to get to shaft parallel and ended up left arm parallel.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Hit some wedges out in the yard... they sparked my “Lee Buck Trevino” thread...

It is rather windy, picked a 65 yard target with a 52°, expected some ballooning to happen, but instead I hit 8 “Lee’s” in a row, just low liner bullets that hit and stopped (dormant mush grass), I probably would have seen a little roll out, but man if they weren’t gorgeous.  10’ high tops, not touched by the wind in the slightest.

4 minutes ago, Shankster said:

It is rather windy, picked a 65 yard target with a 52°, expected some ballooning to happen, but instead I hit 8 “Lee’s” in a row, just low liner bullets that hit and stopped (dormant mush grass), I probably would have seen a little roll out, but man if they weren’t gorgeous.  10’ high tops, not touched by the wind in the slightest.

in my book that is called a thin. Sounds like a great shot to have in the bag.

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

11 minutes ago, Shankster said:

That's called the "backyard wedge shot"... much different than any shot on the course.   🤣

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

5 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

That's called the "backyard wedge shot"... much different than any shot on the course.   🤣

Probably.  But I have pulled it off before, turned some heads for sure.  Do not have a real need for it unless I’m playing in Europe while it is windy.

mine seem to be the “backyard drive” lately... looks great at home, and the range... looks like a day in the woods on the course... (not the last round tho... brought it from the backyard to the course... finally)

Had a decent range session today; tested a new club .. love it .. and a few older clubs that have been sitting in the garage to see if they might get a spot in the bag .. they're going back into the garage 🤣

Then did some putting, working on distance control .. and some chipping, working on a technique my pro showed me in our lesson yesterday. My chipping seems to have become the weak spot in my game lately so really need to keep working on it......

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Took a trip to the range today to see if I could keep somewhat of a similar swing to last weekend, especially with the irons. I had thought about playing, but with my work schedule lately, I need all the practice I can get.

I started out shanking several wedges and wasn't feeling too good about the prospects of a good range session. I then decided to move on to full shots with my 56 and started hitting the ball good. My suspicion is with the wedges I start out decelerating on the downswing then figure out my tempo with the full shots. I went back to the wedges later on and was hitting them good. I need to remember this.

For the most part, my irons were good. I'm still sending them a little left of where I want, but it's getting better. I had taken the foot spray out of my bag and remembered to pick it up and put it back in. After hitting about 40 balls and feeling I was somewhat dialed in, I sprayed some on my Wilson 6 iron. 20201206_143254-01.jpeg.801ac3580f815303934a30ec630576e5.jpeg

I don't know how the mark high on the toe got there. I hit my second shot and there were three marks there. 

I then moved on to my Cobra 6 iron for comparison and saw the dispersion of strikes was a little more wild, I even shanked one. 20201206_143848-01.jpeg.e13d7578e91b0185e7ccf1dd007d67da.jpeg

I pulled driver and the pattern got a little wilder, but all but two shots would have played nicely. One was a duck hook and the other was a push to the right. 20201206_144752-01.jpeg.ff03a00c81a72600b79e123a0dcf73ac.jpeg

With the exception of the low and low heel, I'm feeling better about driver contact than earlier in the year when I was all over the place. I'm working on shallowing the club and this is only my second session concentrating on it. 

Finished off the day by bringing the clubs home and giving them a much deserved cleaning. 

1 minute ago, sirchunksalot said:

Took a trip to the range today to see if I could keep somewhat of a similar swing to last weekend, especially with the irons. I had thought about playing, but with my work schedule lately, I need all the practice I can get.

I started out shanking several wedges and wasn't feeling too good about the prospects of a good range session. I then decided to move on to full shots with my 56 and started hitting the ball good. My suspicion is with the wedges I start out decelerating on the downswing then figure out my tempo with the full shots. I went back to the wedges later on and was hitting them good. I need to remember this.

For the most part, my irons were good. I'm still sending them a little left of where I want, but it's getting better. I had taken the foot spray out of my bag and remembered to pick it up and put it back in. After hitting about 40 balls and feeling I was somewhat dialed in, I sprayed some on my Wilson 6 iron. 20201206_143254-01.jpeg.801ac3580f815303934a30ec630576e5.jpeg

I don't know how the mark high on the toe got there. I hit my second shot and there were three marks there. 

I then moved on to my Cobra 6 iron for comparison and saw the dispersion of strikes was a little more wild, I even shanked one. 20201206_143848-01.jpeg.e13d7578e91b0185e7ccf1dd007d67da.jpeg

I pulled driver and the pattern got a little wilder, but all but two shots would have played nicely. One was a duck hook and the other was a push to the right. 

Pretty darn consistent mister. 

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I pulled driver and the pattern got a little wilder, but all but two shots would have played nicely. One was a duck hook and the other was a push to the right. 20201206_144752-01.jpeg.ff03a00c81a72600b79e123a0dcf73ac.jpeg

With the exception of the low and low heel, I'm feeling better about driver contact than earlier in the year when I was all over the place. I'm working on shallowing the club and this is only my second session concentrating on it. 

Finished off the day by bringing the clubs home and giving them a much deserved cleaning. 

Solid work it’s so funny how foot spray can show us one of the most important things....where we are hitting the ball 🤪

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Two buckets at the range yesterday morning. First time out with the DownUnder Board and it was pretty cool to see my swings with and without the board. I think it will be a very useful training aid.

So-so session, really struggled with my path getting left which led to a lot of pulls, toed shots and the dreaded quackers. Couldn't get my weight moving around without the DownUnder Board very well, just ended up starting the downswing with all of my weight into my left heel which led to the path issues.

Bright spot for me was the Callaway Super Hybrid. It's an absolute monster of a club. Off the tee the FlightScope Mevo recorded a few ball speeds in the mid-upper 140s. It's going to be a 3 wood replacement for me, and I can even crush it off deck. It also doesn't seem to have the draw bias so many hybrids have.

The weight shift issue bothered me all night and after some reflection this morning I realized I wasn't getting enough front side bend in the backswing. Hit probably 200 9-to-3 whiffles outside in the yard today and am liking some new feels. Excited to get back to the range next weekend to give it a go with full swings.

(I'm glad I'm working almost exclusively with my longer clubs this offseason. With shorter clubs I think I could get away with the left path and the misses wouldn't be as severe. I am going to get my long game fixed this offseason. I cost myself way too many strokes with long clubs last season.)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up

Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

Foot powder spray is the best.

3 Wood: 
4 Utility: 
5-PW:
50°, 54°, 58°:
Putter:
Grips: 

Riding On: 

heated range session tonight with just a few clubs. took the PW/7i/5i and worked half, 3/4, and full swings with each. 

tried the rapsodo MLM out at night time. it didn’t do great, but picked up a few shots 

here’s a solid PW full swing (ignore the 5i icon...i forgot to switch clubs)

A978BA50-1706-4CC1-A9F3-2B147A5C5963.png

29 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Solid work it’s so funny how foot spray can show us one of the most important things....where we are hitting the ball 🤪

10 minutes ago, edingc said:

Foot powder spray is the best.

It's been one of my favorite training aids this year. It's easy to use and gives such good feedback on ball striking. The only downside today was I had to dry the range balls off from where it's been a little wet out here. It was well worth it. 

I forgot to mention, so I'll add an edit. @edingc, I'm really enjoying your review of the DownUnder board. I think I'll try to do a DIY project on one once Winter Shutdown at work hits. Keep up the great work on it!