Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Super stroke putter grips

Brjpool

I'm thinking about trying out a super stroke putter grip but there are so many! Who has tried which ones and wht did you like it or not like it?

Bryan Pool

Ping G20 Driver

Bombtech hybrids

Ping G20 green dot irons/wedges

Cleveland Huntington beach 6 putter 

I have the superstroke 3.0 and I love it on my odyssey #9

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver- Mizuno jpx Ez 9.5(set to low) with Matrix Red tie limited edition masters green with multicompound red platinum 44.5" f3 wood- Adams tight lies 16* Mitsubishi rayon fubuki x flex3-9 irons- Mizuno T-zoid pro irons s300 w sensicores47*, 56* Mizuno s5 wedge white satinPutter- odyssey #9 pro with super stroke 3.0All other clubs have different coloured multi compounds

I play the mid slim 2.0 and I like the size. It's a little bigger than a regular pistol but not huge. For me it fits nicely in my hands.

Good luck

Tazz

Sent using the MGS app!

@bigtazzGOLF on Twitter

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

I have tried all of them. I prefer the flatso 1.0 and the pistol GT 1.0. The new counter weighted ones, weigh 100 grams total, their weight, may effect your decision, the slim 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, and fatso weigh about 50 grams. The bigger they get the less they feel good to me. They do make you less wristy with your putter, might help with grip pressure.

Another option, would be the golf pride sensr which feels pretty dang good too.

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

I have tried all of them. I prefer the flatso 1.0 and the pistol GT 1.0. The new counter weighted ones, weigh 100 grams total, their weight, may effect your decision, the slim 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, and fatso weigh about 50 grams. The bigger they get the less they feel good to me. They do make you less wristy with your putter, might help with grip pressure.

Another option, would be the golf pride sensr which feels pretty dang good too.

Do you need to do anything to your putter weight to adjust for the counter weight?

Bryan Pool

Ping G20 Driver

Bombtech hybrids

Ping G20 green dot irons/wedges

Cleveland Huntington beach 6 putter 

Do you need to do anything to your putter weight to adjust for the counter weight?

Well you can always add lead tape if the head feels too light. You may not notice any change at all.

You can find out what the weight of the grip on your putter is, and compared to the models super stroke offers.

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

When I used a conventional grip (with my hands) I did not like them. Now due to some of my meds and probably my age I lost some of the sensitivity in my hands putting. I also got a little shakey over any putt. I am doing great on my meds so I did not want to change them. Ended up going to a claw grip and just happen to have a salvaged 2.0 and I put it on my Santa Fe. The whole set up works great for me I did have to add 4 more grams of lead tape in the Scotty for me. My putter is an real old one and does not have the screw in weights.

Now today I played strictly vintage golf and used my old 8802 style Cleveland with a regular old school Lamkin grip on it. Did ok but would prefer the SS on it too. Some of us are starting a Strictly vintage league here. It is in it's infancy as far as rules etc. IMHO a SS of any kind would not be in the "spirit" of the rules because they did not exist from 85 back. We will see on that I may just wrap the old grip with gause and tennis tape.

Putter grips are one of the most subective things in golf today. There are so many different brands , styles and sizes to choose from. You just have to find what feels comfortable to you. I would suggest you go to a big box golf store if there is one close to you they usually have a lot of different grips on different putters you can try.

Relaxed tension free hands are the main key to good putting and a comfortable grip on the putter itself is a must

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I'm keen on the GP sensr but I'm waiting for the review to come out.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I have a SS Slim 1.0 on my Nike Method Drone & my Ping Ketsch.  However, I have a PURE Big Dog on my Bellum-Winmore and I like it much better......

https://www.grips4less.com/products/the-big-dog-pure-putter-grip

bigdog-allcolors_large.jpg?v=1460476364

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

i have a grip that is similar size to the mid slim 2.0 on my 2 ball (Cork Tree brand) and works very nicely. if you go with Pure grips like Foz mentioned, you can just blow them on with air and not have to tape them, so you can try it out without having to fully install (might be able to do it with SS, but not sure) 

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

• 2 weeks later...

... I am in the minority and don't really care for Super Stroke grips. The slim mid 2.0 certainly takes your wrist out of the stroke, but also takes the feel from your hands out of the stroke too. Tried a slim 1.0 and it was much better but still too thick for my tastes. I would demo one on a course if possible because it wasn't too bad in the store but lost my feel trying to actually make a putt on the course. 

... I had my 20 yr old putter stolen in LA this spring and am still trying to find a replacement. It had an original speed step shaft and the original 8802 leather grip, although I have replaced the leather over the original listing. I am going to try a Best Grips leather pistol style grip but "supposedly" they shipped it last Friday and 8 days later it still isn't here. Zach at Best Grips said "The packaged has been picked up. I have no idea why it hasn't scanned in. Unfortunately, I have no control over the post office."  

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

... I am in the minority and don't really care for Super Stroke grips. The slim mid 2.0 certainly takes your wrist out of the stroke, but also takes the feel from your hands out of the stroke too. Tried a slim 1.0 and it was much better but still too thick for my tastes. I would demo one on a course if possible because it wasn't too bad in the store but lost my feel trying to actually make a putt on the course.

... I had my 20 yr old putter stolen in LA this spring and am still trying to find a replacement. It had an original speed step shaft and the original 8802 leather grip, although I have replaced the leather over the original listing. I am going to try a Best Grips leather pistol style grip but "supposedly" they shipped it last Friday and 8 days later it still isn't here. Zach at Best Grips said "The packaged has been picked up. I have no idea why it hasn't scanned in. Unfortunately, I have no control over the post office."

I have the best grips leather pistol on my carbon ringo 1/4 and love it, to me one of the best grips for a putter that I've tried.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1474082973.977242.jpg

This one has been pretty great so far. Ordered weights too.

What's this attached to?

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

Archived