TESTERS WANTED! ×

What's up with all the violence?

singhmech

Lately there has been a rash of online news and videos of guys duking it out or getting stabbed on the golf course for slow play.

Just today I read some woman ran over a military vet with a golf cart and fractured his leg for playing music on the course.

It's getting scary out there guys, be careful and show some courtesy its just a game.

Society in general has went to hell lately. So much stupid but deadly crap going on all over the place. I guess it has filtered on down to the golf course. Anymore people in general think they can do what they want to no matter who it harms whether it is on the public roads or in this case the golf course. Yep a sad state of affairs

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I had a dude try and fight me a few months ago for rolling a green from like 350-360 out. I couldn't believe it. Like really? Common man if I thought I could do that every time I should either get my head checked or be playing somewhere else.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

And some people here at work think I have an anger management problem... :blink:

It's golf FFS, yes it's frustrating but fighting someone or hurting them because of a game.  :angry:

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Last week, we were playing on Labor Day and the course was packed.  Play was slow.  The group behind us hit into us twice....the first time their ball hit my golf cart while I was sitting in it.  Their was no "Fore" or any other warning.  They did this twice, then while on another tee box we looked back while they drove the cart up next to the green.   That was it.  We politely reported their unsportmanlike activities to the Pro Shop, who did nothing, of course.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I had a dude try and fight me a few months ago for rolling a green from like 350-360 out. I couldn't believe it. Like really? Common man if I thought I could do that every time I should either get my head checked or be playing somewhere else.

First off if you had done that to me and apologized I would have told you no apology needed great shot and would have probably bought you an adult beverage or soft drink of your choice. Probably would have asked you if you had ate a double dose of Wheaties that morning? 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

First off if you had done that to me and apologized I would have told you no apology needed great shot and would have probably bought you an adult beverage or soft drink of your choice. Probably would have asked you if you had ate a double dose of Wheaties that morning?

If the green wasn't in eye sight I would 've hit the ground and pretend to be ko'd just to prank ya!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

The world is an angry place right now. Be advised and act accordingly in all public areas including golf courses.

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Personally I have only (recently) witnessed one episode of potential violence at the course. It was actually funny as it turned out. After we had played our round me and the other guys in my foursome were gathered around our carts next to the clubhouse putting stuff in our bags and settling our bets, taking, etc. All of a sudden some scrawny looking dude appeared and was talking loud and getting in one of my friends face. (we don't know why) Anyway, this punk was obviously drunk. What this fool didn't know is that two of my friends are COPS! LOL Needless to say one of my cop friends (he's about 6'3", fit and square jawed) turned to the dude and informed him right quick that he is a cop and to shut his trap and move on. Or else. It was funny to see the look on scrawny dudes face when he realized he was way out-matched by a big cop who's about to take him to the concrete or worse. All ended well. Especially for scrawny drunk dude.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I've been hit into plenty of times and I've always had the same reaction you just described. This guy was all pissed I didn't yell Fore after I hit it. Hell I didn't even know my ball was on the green till I drove up there and he had kicked it off the back of the green. The green is surrounded by rough so not many balls(if any) get there. It became a real spectacle after that.

The Pro ended up coming by and letting us play through. He told me it was a hell of a ball after that to.

Edit: Apparently I can't form a sentence properly. 

If the green wasn't in eye sight I would 've hit the ground and pretend to be ko'd just to prank ya!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Now there's a reaction I would have died to see. First out of fear and then laughter haha

I had a guy hit over us twice and then call the pro shop on us. My partner evidently told instead of asked to play through (I was busy fishing my ball out of the shadow of a tree.) The guy proceeded to hit one over our head on the fairway and then repeat it on the green. I was a teenager, but I was ready to throw down if I needed to after that.

A few months ago my partner must have been having a real rough couple of weeks as his demeanor changed. He went from 2 hour fast rounds to 4:30 rounds as a twosome and lost a bit of the fun in the process. The pinnacle was  a guy hitting close, but not really on top of us. Close enough to hear the thud, far enough it was 20-30 yards short. My partner flipped his lid, walked over to the guy's cart (brisk enough the guy thought my partner would fight him) and had a close conversation involving insults and accusations that I didn't exactly care to hear.

Meanwhile I stood and watched from 20 yards away as I didn't want to get involved, and felt my partner was completely in the wrong. The guy played through (credit to him that he didn't do anything about my partner's behavior or get into a fight with him.) That was the last round I played with my buddy since, as I also was dealing with some other baggage and didn't want my golf experience ruined. 

I'm pretty mellow on a course if it doesn't involve my shots or slow play. I've been hit by a friend's ball and shrugged it off as him being a moron and had numerous near misses from people forgetting to yell. Even frat boy fridays at the college course didn't really get my blood boiling to that extent. I just wonder if it's a carry over effect.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Can't we ALL get along? I mean, life is already hard enough...without all that bullshit

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

And, this pertains to some of the lazy rangers out there, please do your job right...your not there just to fill up water coolers all day and pick up lost balls, you are there to make sure groups are keeping pace. Just my 2 cents

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

Archived