TESTERS WANTED! ×

2016 OFFICIAL FORUM MEMBER REVIEW - FORWARDGOLF PUTTER GRIPS

JBones

Forward Grip.png

OFFICIAL FORWARDGOLF PUTTER GRIP REVIEW

Follow along with our 10 testers as they review the ForwardGolf putter grip, the grip that was designed to put your hands in the perfect position for putting.  Does that design lead to more made putts?  Read the review below to find out.

Without further ado, meet the testers.....

Without further ado, here are the testers.

Super Dave    Stage One          Stage Two          Stage Three

wersty             Stage One          Stage Two          Stage Three

armour248      Stage One          Stage Two          Stage Three

Pablo6060      Stage One          Stage Two          Stage Three

Aubrey40        Stage One          Stage Two          Stage Three

benlowery       Stage One          Stage Two          Stage Three

KB McCool      Stage One          Stage Two          Stage Three

rc990n            Stage One          Stage Two          Stage Three

jberhart           Stage One          Stage Two          Stage Three

gary507          Stage One          Stage Two          Stage Three

Let us know what you think!

Visit ForwardGolfs website HERE

Like ForwardGolf on Facebook HERE

Follow ForwardGolf on Twitter HERE

Follow ForwardGolf on Instagram HERE

Stage 1:

As of now my Handicap is about 23, but I have been shooting better lately. My putting I think is good. Averaging 2 putts or less a hole. However, when I miss, I push my putts to the right. Hoping this Forward grip will help.

In the picture I'm providing, you'll see 3 different grips. As you can guess the Forward grip is on the left. You can see that big lean "forward".

I'm sorry that I didn't get a pre-installed pic. As you may be able to tell, the shaft is towards the back of the grip. The grip has nice soft feel in the hands. But, as you take your stance, it feels different.

20160916_210242.jpg

Stage 2:                         Review of Forward Putter Grip

by Forward Golf

Markham, Ontario, Canada

Performance

For weeks now, I have had the pleasure of testing a new kind of putter grip called Forward grip.

I had the grip installed at my local Golf Exchange. I was told the installation was simple. No different than a traditional grip except for the shaft goes up the back of the grip instead of the center.

As I held the grip, it had a very nice, soft feel to it. Holding at address, it seemed to bring the hands closer to my body. As you can see in two pictures I have here. One (with my hat on backwards) I'm using a Winn Tour Jumbo grip. Hands are more away from my body. The other (hat on Forward) I'm using the Forward grip and my hands are closer to my body

Out on the course, our big question is going to be. Will this grip help sink more putts? For me, it's a no. It's about the same. My average putts per hole went up slightly from 1.89 to 2. For my putts in the short to medium range (5' to 15') I sunk the same amount of putts. From long range (20' +), which I never sink many of these anyways, I missed farther away. Instead of missing within 5', I was outside of that, a lot. Until my last review round. All long range putts only missed by inches. I'm not sure what changed. Could it be, it just took a few rounds to get use to a new grip. Possibly?

Prior to this review, I was using a Winn Tour Jumbo Pistol. Even though my putts with either grip are basically identical, if I had to chose one grip or the other. I would choose the Forward grip. On feel alone.

I need to give this grip a score of up to 60 points on performance. From installation to the 18th green. I'll give it 30 out of 60.

Looks & Durability

This category is one I'm more excited about. The appearance of this grip is strange, awkward looking. It's made with a lean ' Forward' making a different shaped grip, as you can see from some pictures I took. One comparing the Forward grip to others. As a funny note, when I first saw the grip, I thought it was warped or defective. As I stare at the grip, it reminds me of tread on a tire. Don't let that scare you, It's not hard rubber. As I stated before, I believe it has an exceptional soft feel. The over all look is nice. I think it would look great in a variety of colors.

Another good question to ask is. How long will it last? To be honest, in my opinion, if you take care of this grip like you should. I believe it will for a very long time. At roughly, $25 a piece, we know durability is important and I think this one will do just that.

Other than the lean forward and the tire tread look, the grip also has a deep V or U shape (picture down below). This is something I like as well. Even for a person with smaller hands like me, it feels great and comfortable to hold on too.

So here I have 25 points for the looks and durability. To put it simply, I love the look and feel of this grip. I give it 25 out of 25 points.

Likelihood of Purchase

Now this is a tough category. We have to look at it in two ways, from two perspectives.

First, the if I've never seen or heard of this putter grip. I just ran across it on the internet. I'm thinking it has a weird, but interesting look to it. It looks like tread on tires. I'm not sure about purchasing one of these yet. I'd to read some reviews. Matter of fact, I'll get on MyGolfSpy and see what those guys have to say about this grip. Hopefully, our reviews will help you in your decision.

Second, I've seen this grip first hand. I got to try it out a few times, review it. I would absolutely buy one of these. I know the performance for me is similar compared to other grips I've used, but I really love the feel. I may just purchase a new putter for next season just so I can put a Forward grip on it.

Now I have 15 points to give for this category. With both perspectives in mind I can only give it 10 out of the 15 points.

Conclusion & Final Score

After having the Forward grip installed, I was like a kid with a shiny new toy. Every where I went, I showed everyone who would look. At work, the bowling alley and yes, the golf course(s). I had some rough rounds while reviewing the grip. Every shot I took, I was thinking how the putter grip will perform? Will I like it? Will I give it a good or bad review? And probably, like most, I don't want to give it a bad one. But, if I have too, it will be done.

So, I wandered the courses like Dorothy in Oz (except I never want to go home) in search of answers. I found them, time and time again. About 36 times to be exact (2 putt average per hole). After many questions, on that 72nd green, I came to the conclusion. So, I went to the 73rd hole, we more commonly refer to as the 19th and pondered one last question. Could this be the future of golf grips? As a lot of people say, I look "Forward" to the future. So maybe, for putter grips, it's already here. Thank you.

Final score: 65 out of 100

grip front.jpg

winn grip.jpg

forward grip.jpg

grip comparison.jpg

grip side.jpg

tire tread.jpg

Deep U, V shape.jpg

Stage 3:

I've had the Forward putter grip for awhile now. I've used it for at least 10 rounds. My putting is back to what it was before I started using this grip. Maybe even slightly better. I'm going to stick with the Forward. I believe as I keep using it, I will keep improving. So much, in the last 2 hours, I purchased a Odyssey Toe Up #1 putter and a new Forward grip to put on it. I think this is the beginning of a long relationship.

20161108_204804.jpg

Quick overview of my golf game...generally pretty long off the tee, good long irons, average mid irons, not a great wedge player, not a great putter.  Been playing between a 4-6 handicap most of the year.  I really struggle once I get inside of 100 yards whether it is partial wedge shots, chipping or putting.  My putting itself has been relatively consistent this year but it needs to improve.  Right now I am averaging 32.8 putts per round.  My GIR putts would probably be a few higher than that.  It's gotten pretty frustrating to shoot in the high 70s and realize I had 34 putts.

I've actually changed my physical putting grip three to five times this year.  Started with cross handed, went to conventional, went to a split grip, back to conventional but gripped down.  I was using a Superstroke XL 2.0 and it seemed difficult getting my hands in a comfortable position.  I'm hoping that the Forward grip will lock me into a grip and putting stroke that are more consistent.  I just never felt extremely comfortable with my previous grip and it led to me questioning my putts before I even hit them.  The biggest thing for me is to find a grip that is comfortable, consistent and gives me confidence when I'm striking the ball.

sUZJnsQ.jpg

9hQfmNl.jpg

Unfortunately I had to wait until after my club championship to get this put on my every day putter.  I have now had it installed for 7-10 days and have probably had 2-3 hours of practice and three rounds of play with the grip.  My initial thoughts from when I saw the grip were more or less confirmed...it fits really nicely in your hands and keeps your wrist/hand motion steady.  I felt most comfortable using a crosshand grip with the ForwardGrip.  Coming from a SuperStroke XL grip I could definitely feel like "forward" component of the grip.  It feels completely natural now though and I believe it would benefit any golfers that struggle with breaking their wrists, stabbing at the ball, etc.  

I've been playing a little putting game during my practice sessions this year so I can only compare my results to that game and my in-round putting stats.  On the practice green I create a 9 hole course, typically hitting the first putt from 15-40 feet, and playing it as a par 18.  I had done this probably 10 times with my old grip and had scores ranging anywhere from -1 to +3.  I completed the course twice with the ForwardGrip and scored +2 and E.  The first time I had some issues on distance control which probably wasn't even grip related.  On the long putts I felt more confident in hitting my line  On the short putts I didn't notice as much of a difference.  I think the ForwardGrip made hitting the line on long putts easier since I kept the same stroke, grip, etc...with my SuperStroke XL I was constantly questioning my grip, stance, and other details, especially when I was 20+ feet out.  

My total putt average for the year has floated between 31-32 putts/round.  In the two rounds that I have played so far I had 34, 32 and then 29 putts...right at my average.  I definitely feel myself getting more comfortable with the grip as time goes on.  I've definitely been making a higher percentage of long putts when I'm on the practice greens...it hasn't necessarily translated to a round yet but I think it will come full circle.

I have handed my putter to a few playing partners and they both commented on how natural it feels in their hands.  They seem impressed but generally speaking not overly intrigued.  

Performance on the Course

Very natural feel right away. Took a little bit to get used to the "forward" aspect of it but nothing crazy. The size is perfect...I've used both a conventional and crosshand grip without any issue. I was using a SuperStroke XL before this and I had a tough time getting comfortable over the ball. I think I switched my physical grip 3-4 times this year using the SuperStroke. With the ForwardGrip I feel much more confident that I can stick with one grip and get the same results. So far I haven't seen a major difference with the ForwardGrip but I am trending in a positive direction. I make more putts on the practice green and things are getting better on the course as well. I'm not sure this is a major game changer but it has helped me settle in and stroke the ball confidently.

Performance Score: 50/60 (nothing revolutionary but the comfort/consistency is enough to make a difference for me)

Looks & Durability

Very straightforward appearance.  I'm good with a black putter grip although it may be nice to offer a few other colors...blue, red, green, etc.  My SuperStroke was mostly white and looked pretty crappy after a while.  I found myself cleaning it every few weeks just to make it look presentable.  It does seem very durable and I can't imagine any issues with it wearing down.  I think this grip should last a few seasons without any issue.

Looks Score: 20/25 (doesn't matter to me but a few color options may be worthwhile)

Likelihood of Purchase

Honestly I'm not sure if I would purchase this grip or not.  At $25 it is fairly priced when compared to other "specialty" putter grips.  There are so many options out there that I can't say for sure that this is the best option for me.  I would certainly rate it up there with the 3-4 grips I have used...and I definitely like it better than the SuperStroke XL that I had.  I would definitely recommend it to anyone who has wrist breaking issues but that is not something I have dealt with much.

LOP Score: 10/15

Conclusion & Final Score

The shape of the grip is definitely nice and sits perfectly in the fingers. The forward aspect of the grip was very different than my SuperStroke XL but I got used to that quickly. I found a physical grip (crosshand) that felt very comfortable and have stuck with that since. I never felt comfortable with my previous grip and changed things constantly. There was no consistency there. I do think that the ForwardGrip will allow me to stick with one grip and putting stroke which will hopefully pay dividends in the long run. It seems like this product may be best for people that really struggle with hitting their lines and controlling the putter. I like the ForwardGrip, and will continue using it, but I'm not sure it is going to make a massive difference in my putting. The bigger issue for me was probably the grip that I was using before this one. Good and reliable product though and one that people can certainly benefit from.

Total Score: 80/100

Moved my scores to Stage 2.  

***10/26 UPDATE***

So I used the ForwardGrip for about six weeks straight and enjoyed it for the most part.  As originally posted, it felt great in my hands but wasn't something that created a massive change or improvement in my putting.  I recently bought a different putter and have switched to that for the time being.  I like the putter head better on this new one and I do like the SuperStroke Mid Slim 2.0 that it came with.  I would certainly recommend the ForwardGrip for anyone that "stabs" at their putts.  I think it is a good grip and one that people can benefit from but I probably wouldn't purchase it for myself.  I was also putting at the PGATSS recently and felt a grip that was similar so there may be other options out there.

Stage 1

Very excited to use this grip. My putting has been suspect this year, usually in the 32-35 Putts per round. Looking to achieve a confident and consistent stroke, especially in putts over 10 feet.

Hcp: 2.8

Goals: Lower my putts per round by improving on medium to long distance.

Current performance: Shooting in the mid to low 70's, looking to shoot in the 60's with improved putting stats.

Reservedimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg

20160914_155835.jpg20160914_155912.jpg20160914_155920.jpg

The Questions

·         Handicap? (Or average score)
I am currently a 13 handicap, though I have been as low as an 8.

·         Strengths/weaknesses of your game?

My game like that of so many others' is on or off. When I'm on, the 70's are in sight, but when I'm off, so is 100. Typically the strong points of my game are the little wedge shots from 100-40 yards, and lag putting. The weakest part of my game tends to be off the tee. While I have a swing speed in the 112-115 range, my misses are both ways, and as we all know it is hard to score from the long stuff.

·         What do you look for in a putter grip?
When I replace my putter grip I typically look for one that feels good in my hands. For me, that is typically a larger grip that helps me grip the club lightly with as little hand involvement as possible in the stroke.

·         Current Putter grip?
My gamer grip is a SuperStroke 3.0.

·         What makes you love the game?
My love for golf runs deep. I love that every time I grip the club it is a chance to make magic happen. I love that every time I go out, it is with friends. I love that even on the home course, every round is different.

·         How long have you been golfing?
I started playing golf as a senior in college to fulfill a gym requirement. I taught myself how by watching tour coverage, and listening to the commentators describe how to hit each shot. 28 years later I can't get enough.

·         What kind of golfer are you?
I am “Positive thought guy.”

·         What's your story?

·         What is in your bag?

Driver – Titleist 913 D2 10.5
FW – PING G25 4
Irons – 3&4 Mizuno HP4, 5-P Mizuno JPX-825 pro
Wedges – Mizuno T4 50/56/60
Putter – Anser 2 Milled

·         How did you choose them?
I was custom fit for everything in my bag. I went into the process brand agnostic and selected the club and spec that performed the best.

·         What region do you play out of?
I live and play in the Philadelphia region

When I received the Forward Grip in the mail I immediately loved the feel. I have long, thin fingers, and in my hands it just felt right – soft texture, great dimensions, and the back rib was perfectly aligned with my center knuckles. For the first time since SuperStroke hit the scene, I was excited to try a putter grip.

I installed the grip myself, which was a bit more challenging than a swing grip for two reasons. First, the hole seemed to be tighter, so I had to use more solvent than usual. Second, because of the construction of the forward grip (the hole isn't centered within the grip) I found myself fighting to slide the club on. If ease of swing grip installation is an 8, this was a 6.

Once the grip was on, I couldn't wait to try it out. When I installed my gamer grip, it was to make my stroke less handsy. What I found was that while the grip felt great, with a conventional grip I struggled to feel the direction the back of my left (top) hand was facing. As a result, I ended up switching to left hand low and re learning how to putt. I love the dimensions of the Forward Grip, because in my first few strokes in the basement (back to the conventional grip) I could tell exactly where the putt was going to go. I can't wait to get it out on the course.

"I can't" means one of two things:
1) I'm not willing to try, or
2) I'm more afraid of failure than I am excited by success.

I can.

Player Intro.

I am a 13 handicap who plays it as it lies. I fix the pitch marks others miss, or neglect to fix. I like clubs and clothes with classic looks and feels. I walk, and when a course makes me use a cart I find someone who likes to drive, so that I can walk. You might call me a traditionalist.

I have always played a 36” PING Anser 2 putter. From the very first time I went shopping for a putter it has been the one that looks right to my eye, fits my swinging gate stroke, and delivers consistent results. Over time I switched from my original Anser 2 (purchased in 1992) to the newer Anser Milled version because I liked the weight and sound better than the original. About two years ago I found my stroke getting a little wristy, so I switched from the standard PING grip to a SuperStroke 3.0 Slim in an attempt to quiet my hands. I have always used a conventional grip when putting, but found that with the new grip on my putter I was leaving the clubface open and I missed right, so I switched to a left-hand low approach. This proved to be a really solid pairing for me from short range (inside 10') but I found myself with no touch on longer lag putts, either blowing it past the hole or only getting 2/3 of the way home. When my iron game is on, not a problem, but on the days when I didn't hit it close I found myself three putting more frequently than I'd like. I was about to put a PING midsized grip on my gamer when the golf gods intervened and I was selected as a Forward Grip tester.

Performance

Performance on the Course

Describe the following:

• Ease of installation: Was it easy to install?

Re-gripping is really a simple task, so I installed the Forward Grip on my own. With this grip, I recommend using PLENTY of solvent, because the internal grip diameter seems to be smaller than others I have installed.

• Feel: What are your thoughts on the grip's feel? Do you like the size?
    From the moment I slipped the grip out of its shipping tube I was excited. I have long thin fingers, and the butt end of the Forward Grip fit perfectly into my hands.

• How does the grip affect your grip pressure? Is it comfortable?
    The Forward Grip's triangular shape gives the fingers on your top hand a natural place to go, and for me it was a perfect fit. With your knuckles locked into one spot down the back of the shaft, I could tell exactly where the back of my left hand was pointed, and as a result I find myself gripping the club as though it were the proverbial “baby bird”.

• Does the grip help you align your putts better?
    At first I loved my old over-sized grip, but then I found myself struggling with alignment. I couldn't feel the back of my left hand, and ended up changing from a conventional grip to a left hand low approach, all so the grip worked in my hands. With the Forward Grip, I find that its shape helps lock my left hand (high again) into place and I can feel the line again without the risk of a wristy stroke.

• Does the grip help you make a smoother stroke?

With my alignment challenges under control, and the proper grip pressure restored I am making smoother putting strokes from every distance.

• Does the grip help you on short putts (5' max), medium putts (10' range), long putts (20')
    Since installing the Forward Grip on an old PING Anser 2 (I kept my gamer Milled Anser 2 with the other oversized grip for comparison purposes), I have played a half dozen rounds and am putting better than ever. In each round played, I have dropped a second ball at a similar distance so that I could compare my gamer to the Forward Grip, and alternated which putter was used first to account for familiarity of speed and line. In 6 rounds, the results:
    3-5' – I was perfect with the Forward Grip, while my gamer two putted twice.
    10' – both the Forward Grip and my gamer were three putt free, and in the 40 times I had putts from this distance, I holed 10 with the FG, and 5 with my gamer.
    20'+ - Here's where I saw the biggest benefit. I am two seasons into a left hand low grip on my gamer, so it isn't second nature yet, but in the 90 putts I had of 20' or more, I only three jacked once with the Forward Grip compared to once per round with my gamer.

• How does it compare to what you were using before?
    It took me a little bit of time in the basement/on the practice green to feel comfortable with the grip on a putter – with the hands “Forward” I had an initial tendency to push the toe up – and miss left. Once comfortable with the new positioning, all I can say is, “Can I have another for my gamer?”

Course Score: (Out of 60 points)

Performance Notes

• How did it perform? Were you pleased?
    It performed as a grip should. I love it.
  • Please compare and contrast it to what you are currently using
    At this point there are only two things I like more about my gamer – Tour Validation (easily fixed) and my gamer is pink. Other than that, I prefer the Forward Grip.
  • What factors were you pleased with?
    The best attribute for me is the size and shape. Because it fits perfectly in my hands, the rest of the putting just seems to happen naturally.

Subjective

Looks & Durability

Describe the following:

• Appearance/graphics/packaging.
    I wish it came in a variety of colors/patterns
  • Short term/long term durability - will it hold up?
    It will hold up as well or better than other putter grips on the market.
  • How long would you expect it to last?
    200 rounds
  • How does it compare to other putter grips you've tried?
    Much better.

Looks Score: (Out of 25 points)

15]

Likelihood of Purchase

How likely would you be to purchase this accessory?

• Having tried it, I would definitely purchase it.

LOP Score: (Out of 15 points)

Conclusion & Final Score

It doesn't get simpler than this: If you like a conventional grip, this grip will make you a better putter. With it I have re-located the back of my top hand, my alignment is spot on and with that, I am free to sweep the ball into the hole. It's a great feeling.

Total Score: (Add up all 3 categories and present a total score)

I can.

Now that I've had the Forward grip in my bag for a couple of months there is really only one thing I can say, I wish I'd put it on my gamer.

I have returned to a conventional grip with the Forward Grip. Because it locks my fingers along the back spine of the putter, I can tell exactly where the back of my left hand is facing which returned my sense of feel to the putting process. While the putter grip hasn't cured my woes off the tee, it has largely cured me of my struggles with lag putts, and my typical score has dropped by a stroke or two. I hope Santa brings me another Forward Grip for Christmas, so that I can put my gamer back in the bag.

I can.

Howdy,

I'm a 8 handicap, been playing golf for about 25 years. I've used a variety of putters over the years, starting with a Bullseye and I'm now using a Bettinardi Kuchar, non-armlock. I generally use either a Superstroke Ultra Slim 1.0 or a Cameron Pistolero on the Bettinardi, so the Forward grip was quite a departure.

_MG_4724-small.jpg

_MG_4723-small.jpg

I installed the grip by blowing it on with an air compressor. This proved pretty difficult, partially because the fit is so tight and paritally because the grip is so large that it doesn't fit in the grip fitting I have (from Pure Grips). I solved that problem by cutting the fitting in half so I could get it around the grip. 

_MG_4721-small.jpg

The grip has a great soft, tacky feel with the micro ribs in the surface. I really like the triangular shape of the grip. It makes it easy to pick up and know where the face is pointing, something I never liked about the more circular SuperStrokes. The shape isn't consistent all the way down the grip, so you can't really grip down on it much. Your putter better fit for length before installing this grip.

Because of the large size of the grip, it requires very little grip pressure to hold. I have smaller hands (about the same as Jack Nicklaus, according to the printout in Golf My Way, just about the only thing we have in common) and grip feels good, maybe a touch too big? But time will tell.

One interesting thing with the size is that it forces my hands underneath the grip, kinda Corey Pavin style. I found this helped my alignment, as I have a tendency to get to on top of the putter and head left. The bigger grip brought me more "under" the putter, which helped. 

The size also seems to take the hands out of the stroke entirely, which should be a good thing. I'm usually a slight arc style putter, but with the Forward on, I'm getting closer to a pure straight back and through motion. It'll be interesting to see how it affects things on the course.

Performance

The first thing I noticed with this grip on was how tight my distance dispersion got on medium length putts. I have a tendency to flip at the ball a bit through impact when I think my stroke isn't quite long enough and therefore tend to blow the occasional putt way past the hole. With the Forward, that seemed to quiet down, likely thanks to the large size of the grip. I was consistently rolling the ball, with less of that late flippy hit. It really helped cut down on three putts for me too.

The other big difference I found was on short putts. Compared to putting with the Pistolero, my initial start line was much more consistent. I attribute some of this to the different grip the Forward encourages, as I alluded to in stage 1. My hands are closer together vertically, and my shoulder alignment ends up being much better as a result. 

First round out, I canned a slippery 15' left-to-right eagle putt that really needed the right speed. Everything was right around the hole and I didn't have any of the bomb-goes-off-in-your-hands type putts I usually do. I'm really quite happy with it.

Score: 40/40

Looks / Wear

I like that it's a black grip, with little in the way of logo and in your face graphics, but I tend to like simple lines and a plainer look in my clubs. The herringbone pattern is sharp and wore well while I've had the grip. The shape looks a little funny, but I got over it.

Score: 18/20

Feel

The grip has a great feel. It's tacky, but not sticky, and the herringbone pattern encourages a light grip. I really dig the triangular shape and the overall flow of the grip. Especially cross-handed, it just seems to put my hands in the right place and help me get aligned.

Score: 18/20

Likelihood of Purchase

If it was just sitting on a shelf, I'm not sure I'd try it without having felt it on a club. But after using it, I'd definitely buy it and may pick up another to put on my backup. 

19/20

Stage 1

I was really happy to be chosen to test this putter grip.

A little about myself:

Handicap is 10.2 as I usually play in the low 80s to mid 80s

Strengths are in putting/iron play/wedges.

Weakness is definitely found in my woods and hybrids as I seem to want to kill them when striking?

My typical misses with putting would be to the left (I am a right handed golfer)

I typically golf 120 to 140 games per year.  I started golfing at the age of 60 after a few seasons of racing and I am now 68 yrs old.. Very grateful that God has allowed me to play this game as it is extremely satisfying (I say that with clenched teeth depending upon the last round).  I am not a "joiner" so I play from 24 to 34 different courses throughout the year.  I live in Indianapolis, IN and I do play through the winter..... my rules are above 26 F with no rain/snow/high winds.  

I am a tinkerer so you will find wt tape added to my irons.  

I play with Edel irons, wedges, putter, and Great Big Bertha Driver and Cobra Hybrids & Woods. 

My putter is 37" long with a lot of wt on it (fitted by the Edel System) It most likely will be the last putter I own .......unless???  I have been using the Flatso 2.0 XL grip which I really like. 

The Forward Grip looks, feels excellent and look forward to talking about this in the next stage. 

Stage 2

Looks of the putter grip:  very clean lines and aesthetically pleasing 

The grip is what I would say "ergonomically" well fitted to my hands as it has slight contours in the exact areas I need them.  The color..............black (hopefully in a later date they will offer colors).  The logo is well done and very sharp.  The length is about two inches short for what I am using presently.  I do hope in the future they will offer a two inch longer grip.

The grip is firm yet has a fine degree of supple feeling to it.  The squared off front offers me a better form of "direction" and allows me to strike the ball a little straighter.  The roundness on the backside offers comfort to my fingers.  The grip has a enlarged curvature on the top of the backside which helps me control my putting.  There is a small herring bone design around it which allows me a better grip while not being to rough.  A very nice grip to say the least.  

Using this grip helps me keep the "flippy" out of my wrists.  I am able to putt from right to left without turning my wrist and I think this is due to the front being squared.. 

I highly recommend this grip to anyone as it has quieted my wrist action down a lot.  

I still hope they will come out with a 2 inch longer version as I have a tendency to grip way down on my putter since my shaft is 37 inches long.. (like the extra length so I don't bend over so much)

Try this!

Stage 3

I really liked the feel, control, and looks of the Forward Putter Grip.  It fit my hands perfectly.  I used it for a while and found that since my putter shaft is 37 inches long it was too short of a grip for my system.  I took it off recently as I really need another 2 to 3 inches more in my grip.. My hopes are that they will mfg a grip a little longer as then I will change out my grips on my two Edel putters and use their grip exclusively.. I suggest all to try this grip as it is ergonomically pleasant to use. 

Stage 1 Reserved

Hi All!

I was really excited to get picked for this test. As putting is definitely my weakest link. I play about 40 rounds per year but don't practice much at all, it's just too time consuming from where i live. I'm playing right around a 7 this season, and my putting stats are 1.9 per hole and 2.1 per GIR. My biggest problem with putting is distance control and I believe that is coming from inconstant grip pressure. I've tried different putters from a Scotty Newport to my current Taylormade White Smoke 72 and grips from the standard Ping to my previous Superstroke 3.0. I've also played with my grip, trying left hand low (it just felt to strange to keep playing) but went back to a slightly modified conventional grip.

One thing of interest - playing around on the practice green after one of my 9s, i tried left hand low again. And it felt much better with this ForwardGrip than my old Superstroke. If I was playing more right now, I would probably give it another go. I'm curious if anyone else in this test has noticed this?

My 14 best friends...

Ping G30 11*

Adams

TM Rescue 11 TP  18*

TM 

Stage 2 Reserved

9/25

I've only been able to play 9 four times since receiving my FowardGolf putter grip, which is nothing considering that I've had the grip now for almost 2 months.  They have all been at the same course but am looking forward to playing this week in a tourney on great greens.  My first round impression was that it felt awkward.  I didn't seem to putt any differently than i used to.  Went home that day not so excited about the grip.  But the second round of 9 I had only 13 putts to shoot 38.  I was not just in tight on every hole, I was actually making putts.  The two 9s since, I have had 16 putts each time but I feel like I have putted better.

10/31

I've played twice since my last review, both on great greens.  The first round, I putted really well for 14 holes then fell apart, but the sun was going down.  The second round I was back to my usual self, just couldn't get the ball in the hole.  They were fast tough greens and I did burn a few edges but nothing fell.

One plus is that my distance control has definitely improved.  And even though my stats overall have not improved, I've had two very bright glimmers of improvement within just a few rounds.  I'm looking forward to playing more consistently to see where my putting goes.

IMG_0808.JPG

IMG_0810.JPG

My 14 best friends...

Ping G30 11*

Adams

TM Rescue 11 TP  18*

TM 

Stage 3

I'm definitely going to stick with this Forward Putter grip.  Overall it's hard to say that my putting has improved by it but I have already had two very good rounds with it in a short period of time ( I have not been able to play as much as normal since receiving this grip).  As with other testers, my distance control has gotten better.  It seems like I'm making better and more consistent contact with the ball, maybe a result in the Forward nature of the grip design.  I look forward to playing with this next season, as my season in the Northeast is pretty close to over.

I would surely recommend the Forward Grip, the material feels good (soft and slightly tacky) in the hands and the triangular shape of it provides a more consistent way of gripping the putter.  

My 14 best friends...

Ping G30 11*

Adams

TM Rescue 11 TP  18*

TM