Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Driving iron/hybrid

Mizuno2

So I Built the driving iron/hybrid I've been contemplating. I'm golfing today after work and hopefully it turns out well. 18* Mizuno t zoid with diamana Ahina in S flex tipped 1-1/2". I'll upload pictures later

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver- Mizuno jpx Ez 9.5(set to low) with Matrix Red tie limited edition masters green with multicompound red platinum 44.5" f3 wood- Adams tight lies 16* Mitsubishi rayon fubuki x flex3-9 irons- Mizuno T-zoid pro irons s300 w sensicores47*, 56* Mizuno s5 wedge white satinPutter- odyssey #9 pro with super stroke 3.0All other clubs have different coloured multi compounds

Yeah exactly great for tight driving holes

Driver- Mizuno jpx Ez 9.5(set to low) with Matrix Red tie limited edition masters green with multicompound red platinum 44.5" f3 wood- Adams tight lies 16* Mitsubishi rayon fubuki x flex3-9 irons- Mizuno T-zoid pro irons s300 w sensicores47*, 56* Mizuno s5 wedge white satinPutter- odyssey #9 pro with super stroke 3.0All other clubs have different coloured multi compounds

I've gamed the Wilson V4 utility iron and have the new Srixon utility iron in the bag -- great off the tee and a great indicator of how I'm swinging at any given point in time.  When I can hit it off the deck, things are good. When I can't, it's the canary in the coal mine telling me things are about to go haywire...

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

So I Built the driving iron/hybrid I've been contemplating. I'm golfing today after work and hopefully it turns out well. 18* Mizuno t zoid with diamana Ahina in S flex tipped 1-1/2". I'll upload pictures later

... Not to be a Debbie Downer but that Fli Hi produced a very high trajectory and I would be reluctant to call it a driving iron. Certainly a forgiving utility but I had to take it out of my bag and put the 4 iron back in because it gets windy in Chicago and the Fli Hi flew too high. That said, I hope it works out for you!

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

Hopefully it turns out well. And generally 1/2" tipping equates to half flex firmer. I just need something off the tee with low flight that I know I can always keep in play

... Not to be a Debbie Downer but that Fli Hi produced a very high trajectory and I would be reluctant to call it a driving iron. Certainly a forgiving utility but I had to take it out of my bag and put the 4 iron back in because it gets windy in Chicago and the Fli Hi flew too high. That said, I hope it works out for you!

Trust me it ain't gonna fly too high with the shaft he has in it and what he has it tipped at. That is darn near rebar quality. Makes me hurt the thought of me swinging that. I might hit it 6 inches off the ground IF I could get it through the ball. The ball should go like a missel with that setup

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Hopefully it turns out well. And generally 1/2" tipping equates to half flex firmer. I just need something off the tee with low flight that I know I can always keep in play

By reading your posts and looking at your equipment list I think you have a good swing speed and that may work excellent for you--- Keep us posted I am interested--- Stuff like this I file in the back of my mind and it helps me tremendously setting up clubs for other folks

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Trust me it ain't gonna fly too high with the shaft he has in it and what he has it tipped at. That is darn near rebar quality. Makes me hurt the thought of me swinging that. I might hit it 6 inches off the ground IF I could get it through the ball. The ball should go like a missel with that setup

... I put a DGX100 tipped 1" in my sons Fli Hi. Ex DE at 6'3" and down to 235 and still very strong as he never stopped working out. But he hit it so high I had to put a Rocketbladez Tour 4 iron in his bag instead. He still hits it pretty high but manageable compared to the Fli Hi. He is a little wristy so that accounts for some of it but he can hit his 4 iron 260 off the tee. Although a heavy hook is always a possibility. Even though I am 63, it is always a little disconcerting to have a 4 iron within 15 yards of my driver when he finds the fairway LOL. 

... Of course every golfer is different and hopefully this one works out for Mizuno2. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

So today's round I am happy with 76. The new fli hi was amazing! Just super penetrating with no spin. The shaft felt amazing with very good control and dispersion. I love it and it worked out for sure

Archived