PlaidJacket

Can you spot the real Titleist Ball?

This past week I've been on a golf trip with some buddies. I found the ball below while searching for an errant tee shot. (not mine of course. LOL)

Take a look at these two balls and see if you know which ball is an Authentic Titleist.

20160910_092654.jpg 

I also found another ball deep in the rough. However,  I have the feeling this one cost somebody some money. LOL

20160910_092617.jpg

• Like 2

Interesting -- The one on the right is the authentic (though I could be wrong I guess).

I had never seen knock off balls before (just clubs)

• Like 2

The one on the right is a real Titleist-- The one on the left has some funky dimples and the writing does not look right and the numbers look off. I do know Titleist has came out recently with double numbers on the Pro V series. I found one yesterday and another buddy of mine that has a golf shop has some over run logos like that. that one on the left almost looks like a Callaway ball. I have heard that some of the refurb companies do some unscruplus things like repainting and re decaling balls

• Like 5

Oh man. I know the guy that plays that money ball. His name is Harley and he's from the Dallas area.

Small world.

The one on the right is real for sure.

The ball on the left's script is wrong. I've also never seen a "0" preceding a number unless it's "00".

See examples in pic...

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1473558211.176179.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

The one on the left is definitely Bridgestone Esq. The money ball is a slazenger if I'm not mistaken. I actually came across one in the rough today(spent enough time in the stuff).

• Like 1

Answer:

Both ball are authentic Titleist balls. The one on the left in my first post is a Japan market ball. The one on the right is a PV we're all familiar with sold here in the U.S.. As you can see on the left the Titleist script is much larger-thicker as is the number. The dimple pattern is also more similar to a Bridgestone. The Japan market ball is called a Prestige. Look up Titleist Prestige and you'll find what I'm talking about.

http://www.tourspecgolf.com/titleist-prestige-ball

Undershooter30 is correct. The Money $$$ ball is a Slazenger.

In the photo below is the Titleist Prestige ball. The one on the right is the Slazenger Money $$$ ball.

20160911_095539.jpg

• Like 6

Just goes to show the differences in gear around the world. I guarantee you there's some fellas in Asia having this same conversation lol. Neat post Plaid!

• Like 1

Dick's is selling the Money ball 2 dozen for $25 with a BOGO, so you get 4 dozen for $25.....according to the box, they are a 2 piece 65 compression.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Anyone gamed the money ball? Always interested in a cheap option. Loving this post super interesting. I couldn't tell....obviously don't play Titleist much.....I loose too many to justify the price tagalways hit them when I find them in the deep stuff though!

Answer:

Both ball are authentic Titleist balls. The one on the left in my first post is a Japan market ball. The one on the right is a PV we're all familiar with sold here in the U.S.. As you can see on the left the Titleist script is much larger-thicker as is the number. The dimple pattern is also more similar to a Bridgestone. The Japan market ball is called a Prestige. Look up Titleist Prestige and you'll find what I'm talking about.

http://www.tourspecgolf.com/titleist-prestige-ball

Undershooter30 is correct. The Money $$$ ball is a Slazenger.

In the photo below is the Titleist Prestige ball. The one on the right is the Slazenger Money $$$ ball.

attachicon.gif20160911_095539.jpg

Cool man you got me--- I do know all the big companies make stuff for the Asian market and some of the drivers the COR is non conforming to USGA and R&A standards as are some of the grooves. In the past a lot of the equipment played on the Asian Tour was not conforming to the PGA Tour or European standards. I do not know if they got it all on the same path since Professional Golf has became so global. You are about my same age so you probably remember when our golf ball was larger than the European ball and when our guys went over to play the British Open they used the smaller ball. 

• Like 1

Dick's is selling the Money ball 2 dozen for $25 with a BOGO, so you get 4 dozen for $25.....according to the box, they are a 2 piece 65 compression.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy mobile app

OOOPS....HA..I didn't know the Money Ball was a mass produced one.  When I played with him, I thought it was a personalized one.  I had never seen it before.

Theres about 4 companies making balls around the world. Theyre selling designs to pretty much anyone and you brand it whatever you want. Thats where all these start-up ball comoanies come from. You pay them to slap a logo on it and away you go with a ball comoany. All these companies dont have the money to engineer and r&d a ball. Vice, KickX, etc. All the same ball. FGM foremost, look it up. You, too, can have your own ball company. http://www.fgm.com.tw

As far as the Japanese titleist ball, it says prestige and i bet they charge $60+ per dozen there. The Japanese pay for perceived exclusitivity.

• Like 1

The one on the right is real. The left ball looks like a callaway with her dimples reprinted

Cool man you got me--- I do know all the big companies make stuff for the Asian market and some of the drivers the COR is non conforming to USGA and R&A standards as are some of the grooves. In the past a lot of the equipment played on the Asian Tour was not conforming to the PGA Tour or European standards. I do not know if they got it all on the same path since Professional Golf has became so global. You are about my same age so you probably remember when our golf ball was larger than the European ball and when our guys went over to play the British Open they used the smaller ball. 

Yes I do Stu. It's been many many years ago but I recall a guy handing me one once. Wish I still had it. It's not something you see any more.

Would have never guessed the one on the left was a real Titleist. But the Japanese equipment always looks different then what we get here in North America. 

• Like 1

The one on the right is real. The left ball looks like a callaway with her dimples reprinted

Both are real, the one on the left is just JDM.