Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Golf simulators

I had a flightscope hooked up with E6 software which was good, but needs more space. I am changing to a skytrak instead

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Are you keeping the FlightScope?

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's good product support (fixing issues, releasing updates to make it better, listening to feedback) and then there's good customer support. I don't own one and have never called them, so just basing this off things I've read. They seem to be doing a decent job on product support and a crappy job at customer support.

That doesn't make the Skytrack a bad product.

It doesn't make it a bad product, but it makes it a bad product to buy if yours isn't perfect. Roll the dice and gamble on yours being perfect? No thanks. I'll wait until someone comes out with one they're willing to support.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: PXG 0811XF 10.5 Regular flex

3W Cleveland HiBore XLS

3-5H: Callaway Steelhead XR

6I-AW Srixon ZX4 MKII

SW and LW Kirkland Signature (V2)

Putter: TaylorMade Rosa Monte Carlo

Ball: OnCore Elixer

I replaced my original hitting mat after 3 winters (about 12 months total), the Realfeel mat I replaced it with 2 years ago does feel better to me, and seems to be holding up better.

Sorry, I don't recall the brand / model of the first mat I purchased, but it wasn't cheap ;)

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Any preference for mats or has anybody found any real advantage to the $$$ ones like realfeel?

Do not cheap out on a mat if you are going to be using it extensively. A wrist injury isn't worth it. My real feel mat still looks great after four years of heavy usage. I have read on golf simulator forum of people using a lesser quality mat with a silicone gel mat underneath it and saving a little money that way but still getting good shock absorption.....

:ping-small: G 400 driver with Aldila DVS 55-SR shaft (FAIRWAY FINDING MONSTER)

:taylormade-small: Aero Burner 16 degree mini driver regular flex

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue Heavenwood regular flex 

:Hogan: Icon/PTX Pro Combo Set.  VKTR hybrid.

:Hogan: Equalizer Wedges 50, 54, 58 degrees

:callaway-small:Odyssey Two Ball Triple Track Putter, 32 inches  

LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1 putter, 32 inches, 70 degree lie angle

Right Handed. 

Personally for skytrak I think the fiberbuilt is the best mat, and gives you the most accurate numbers, and won't hurt you on hitting down and through. But...(there is always a but) if you do simulation, its not the best for putting.  Thinking of making some sort of track system for the skytrak so I can put in front of the fiberbuilt.

But if you are doing the range or dynamic handicap testing this mat is fantastic.

:callaway-small: Paradym 9 degree Driver

:wilson-small: DYNAPWR 3 wood

:callaway-small: Apex 21  PW-4 Iron

:cleveland: CBX 50 degree

:cleveland: CBX 54 degree

:cleveland: CBX2 58 degree

:vokey-small: SM6 62 Degree   

:EVNROLL: ER2 Putter

Also check out P3 Pro - this one uses a series of infrared sensors set in a small rectangular piece of hardware (that's the LM and) that you hit off of, and that fits into a cut-out in side of the hitting mat.

So no camera or overhead projector and indirect light doesn't interfere.

You can buy different packages with a mat, or with a net and there are add-on courses. No other costs or subscriptions.

Cannot speak to the accuracy of the numbers it gives you, but it does give you basic LM data in addition to practice range and sim play.

Putting? Well.... it is what it is on an indoor sim....

Have not had any issued that required tech support ( but then for various stoopit reasons have not actually used it that much ... yet .... am cleaning out and reorganizing my garage.... ).

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

I have a nice outdoor shed and live up north.  I put an optishot inside and my son and I have been playing on it almost daily.  Is the system limited, absolutely.  It is not Foresight, Trackman or anything close to those.

I will say this.  My son has improved Tremendously by using this machine.  His set up and consistency with making solid contact with the golf ball have improved greatly.  Is it completely accurate, No.  For iron shots, it does a darn good job.  I have been using it and playing for roughly 2 months.  I am not trying to make changes, but just swinging and hitting shots and having some fun doing it. 

I was on a system a couple days ago doing a club fitting and the shots I was hitting on it were exactly like the shots I was hitting on the optishot. 

Again, depending on what you are trying to do.  For me it was get my son more excited about golf and have some fun in the winter.  It has accomplished that and more, especially if you do not have thousands to spend...

Driver:         Taylormade SIM 8^  Shaft: Evolution III 6X

3 Wood:      Titleist  TSi3 13.5^   Shaft:  Project X Smoke Black RDX 6.5

2 Hybrid:     Callaway Mavrik Pro  Shaft: Project X EvenFlow Black 85X

3/5 Hybrid: Titleist 816 H2            Shaft: Mitsubishi Diamana Whiteboard 85X

Irons:           Taylormade P790      Shaft: UST Recoil 110 S (6-PW)

50 Degree: Taylormade P770       Shaft: UST Recoil 110 S

55/60:        Cleveland RTX Zipcore    Shaft: DG Spinner Tour Issue

Putter:        Bettinardi MK Armlock

• 1 month later...

I purchased a skytrak in March and love it. It helps me dial in my carry distances and is pretty accurate.  Updates have made it better. 

In My Bag

TM Stealth +, PX T1100 ,6.5 

TM Stealth+ Rocket 3W, PX Hazardous Smoke Black 6.5

TM Stealth 5W, PX Hazardous Smoke Black 6.5

TM SIM 2 3H, Nippon GOST 95HX

TM P790 5-PW TT DG X100

TM Hi Toe Raw 50, 54, 58

Evnroll ER5 

Snell MTB X YELLOW

I purchased a skytrak in March and love it. It helps me dial in my carry distances and is pretty accurate. Updates have made it better.

Would love to get one of these in the future? How much did it set you back?

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

Golf simulator room is the dream. 

Driver- Taylormade M2 9.5 degree 2016 (Fujikara Pro60 S)

Fairway Wood- Taylormade Aeroburner TP (Oban Revenge 65 S)

Hybrid- Ping G 3 Hybrid (Alta 70 X)

Driving Iron- Taylormade Tour Preffered UDI 3 (KBS Tour V)

Irons- 4-PW Mizuno MP64 (Dynamic Gold S300) Standard length/3 degrees upright

Wedges- Titleist Vokey SM5 52 F12,56 F14

Putter- Titleist Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2.5 Silver Mist edition 

Ball- Prov1X 

Optishot definitely looks like more entertainment but as long as it tracks accurrately I'm good with that, i really want a way to keep practicing in the winter without driving an hour to an indoor range

Optishot does not track anything related to the ball. It simulates based on how the club comes through the pad. It's a game, fun, but nothing like a simulation. Price is good though

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• 5 months later...

I have decided on the SkyTrak. Pulled the trigger last week, and I received the launch monitor yesterday. I've cleared out some space in the garage, but the mat and net won't arrive for a few more weeks. I'll keep you updated on the project.

So far, the initial setup and connection was pretty easy. It works with my wireless router and my iPhone app. I plan to find a low cost or used projector along with iPhone mirroring and my AppleTV to project the image onto the hitting screen.

Pics to follow too.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

I have decided on the SkyTrak. Pulled the trigger last week, and I received the launch monitor yesterday. I've cleared out some space in the garage, but the mat and net won't arrive for a few more weeks. I'll keep you updated on the project.

So far, the initial setup and connection was pretty easy. It works with my wireless router and my iPhone app. I plan to find a low cost or used projector along with iPhone mirroring and my AppleTV to project the image onto the hitting screen.

Pics to follow too.

Keep us informed on how it works.  I would love to do something like this,  but don't have any available space in my house.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I have looked at these for a long time...still haven't found one that is accurate enough at a decent price.....maybe someday

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Looking forward to your opinion. I was looking at the SkyTrak awhile back...

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

So, I am sitting here in training all week at home. I couldn't wait for the net and mat to arrive, so I plugged in the SkyTrak and chipped in my living room. Why? Because my wife isn't here, and she'd kill me if she saw me chipping into a blanket against the wall.

The first few hits were not recognized, but I think I was just hitting too softly. Once I hit it a little harder, the laser pointer disappeared to let me know it “saw” the shot, and a couple seconds later, it appeared on the screen just like you'd expect. It's slower than I had hoped for, but not bad. I wasn't sitting there for 10 seconds waiting for the display. Probably about 2-3 seconds.

More to come when the net arrives Wednesday, and the mat arrives Friday.

B1995472-1F4A-40A3-A091-884386228DD5.jpeg

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

So, I am sitting here in training all week at home. I couldn't wait for the net and mat to arrive, so I plugged in the SkyTrak and chipped in my living room. Why? Because my wife isn't here, and she'd kill me if she saw me chipping into a blanket against the wall.

The first few hits were not recognized, but I think I was just hitting too softly. Once I hit it a little harder, the laser pointer disappeared to let me know it “saw” the shot, and a couple seconds later, it appeared on the screen just like you'd expect. It's slower than I had hoped for, but not bad. I wasn't sitting there for 10 seconds waiting for the display. Probably about 2-3 seconds.

More to come when the net arrives Wednesday, and the mat arrives Friday.

Don't hit it too hard. You'd hate to have to explain a broken window to her!😊

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

• 5 months later...

What kind of nets/impact screens are you guys buying/price points? What do you recommend? I think I'd like the net to grab the ball or keep it close to the net so it doesn't recoil and roll all over the place in my garage. And just place another ball. Dream is to get a SkyTrak for next winter.

:taylormade-small: M1 2017 10.5°  (Project X HZRDUS T1100 6.5 75g, Golf Pride CP2)
:taylormade-small: M2 2017 3W 15° (Project X HZRDUS Black 6.5 75g, Golf Pride CP2)

default_cobra-small.jpeg.2311ad26bb4cabebf0f635266eee64f0.jpeg King Tec 21° dialed to 20° (Mitsubishi MMT 80x)
:mizuno-small: Pro 223 PW-6, 225 5-4 (Project X LZ 6.5 125g, Golf Pride CP2)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM6 52° F-grind,  56° M-grind, 60° L-Grind
:taylormade-small: TP Black Copper Juno

You do hear horror stories. You never hear from the people who love their products. That's how internet works :D It's like the Phantom 4 Pro drone I've got. I love it. Fantastic product. Several guys on youtube hate it. It flies away. Video quality is terrible etc etc. Everyones a critic and expert these days. 

Truth is - people make mistakes. People do things like use bright lights that shine directly into the high speed camera on SkyTrak. But my favourite is "I don't get the distance and spin I've got when I play outside". You're indoors. Most golfers don't swing/play the same indoors. 

There's a lot of user error out there. That's my point.

SkyTrak's rep can be contacted on this sim forum - http://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum/skytrakHe does a great job. Their UK office has been excellent in taking care of me and others I've helped buy SkyTrak.

Furu thank you for the link! There is a lot of helpful information about the Skytrak on that forum. 

:cobra-small: King F8 9 deg w/ Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 60 stiff shaft

:callaway-small:  XR 16 3 Wood S Flex

:cobra-small:  Fly-Z 3/4 Hybrid S Flex

:cobra-small:  King F7 One Length 5-PW S Flex

:cleveland-small:  CBX Wedges 50, 54, & 58 deg wedge flex

:cameron-small:  Select GoLo Putter

My neighbor has a skytrak setup with net in his garage and has invited me over a few times. Just haven't gotten over there yet since he hasn't shank proofed his garage yet😁😂🤣

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

• 2 weeks later...

For the Skytrak, I have the Net Return Pro hitting net, thing is just plain quiet, the only noise is from hitting the ball. I'm hearing good things about the new Super Quiet impact screen from Par2Pro but haven't tried it myself. It's likely the route to take if I ever decide to set up the screen to replace the net.

I decided I was going to jump into the simulator market a couple weeks ago and did as much homework as I could prior to making any purchases.

Obviously budget is the biggest issue when looking at what to buy as there seem to be more "lower-end" (ex. optishot)  and "higher-end" (ex. trackman) devices but not too many in that middle range.  From everything I could find, the Skytrak and GC2 systems are basically the closest you're going to get to the Trackman, Flightscope range and stay under 5k (for the launch monitor alone).  

With more funding, I probably would have picked up a GC2, but I decided to go with the Skytrak in an effort to get started sooner rather than later as i'd have to save up quite a bit more $$ to go the GC2 route.  

I ended up with the Skytrak unit with protective case (from Skytrak site), 9x10 Beta-SQ impact screen (from Par2Pro) and the Country Club Elite hitting mat (Costco, oddly enough).  Additionally I bought a new gaming laptop (Newegg via Ebay) and an Optoma GT1080darbee projector (also Newegg via Ebay) #coupons.  The simulator SW I chose was Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf.

After everything arrived, I've now played two full rounds and can say that I've enjoyed it thus far.  The weather here in MD hasn't been ideal, as spring has yet to show itself for more than a day, so being able to play as much as I want in the garage has been great.

The things I've noticed are: 

1) The Skytrak was super easy to setup and get started.

2) The distances I was seeing on the Skytrak driving range were relatively accurate for me.

3) The JPNG simulation software is aesthetically awesome.  They've done a great job w/ the courses.

4) What I'm finding thus far is that the distance translation from the Skytrak to the JPNG simulation software isn't as accurate as the Skytrak range.  I find myself coming up short on most shots outside of 150y.  I've decided I'm going to toy with this more - it could be how I have the Skytrak positioned (on the floor and raised to mat level). 

5) Happy thus far w/ the screen (it's a "beta" version that Par2Pro has just released, so there are no durability stats yet, but the picture and impact sound are very good)

6) The projector is excellent also - the picture is great.

As things progress and my trial-and-error continues, I'll hopefully be able to provide more info as well as some pictures.

Hope this is helpful.

JS

~ JSWAT ~

"your best shot, is your next shot"

I have been waiting for SkyTrack to go on sale and today was the day at Golftown online.  On order and waiting for it to arrive.

Driver - Ping G410

Woods - Callaway Rogue 5 wood

Hybrid - Titleist TS2 21 degree

Irons - Taylormade P790 5-PW

Wedges - Taylormade MG3 50, 54, 58, SM9 60

Putter - Mizuno Black Carbon BC3

I'll have a GC2 and FSX here in a little over a month. Best part, I can simulate putting right next to the bay on a putting green. Anyone have experience with the fsx software and courses?

I spent this winter hitting balls a couple times a week in the practice bays at the PGA Tour Superstore.  They have Foresight GC2s with the FSX software.  It cost me $150 for 365 days of use.  

I really like the FSX software.  It looks great and quickly displays your shot.  The superstore has a camera set up in each bay, so it ties into the software and I can watch footage in slowmo of each swing will looking at its numbers.  They only have the head on camera, so I am not sure if it works with a two camera set up.

To start, you are able to tell it the club you are using(Driver, Iron, etc) and can add additional clubs.  So for example, I was able to track separately my shots for my Driver with a stiff shaft and my shots for my driver with an XStiff shaft so I could compare the numbers later.  

You can also move the distance from the green that you are hitting from 350yds to right in front for chipping, so you can always hit at the green.  I dont see a lot of people take advantage of this at the store.   

You can also set conditions, wind, wind direction, elevation, and maybe some others.   You can select the most recent shot tracer displayed or 10 shots.   You can select from different type of camera views for following the ball.

The export feature isnt really anything to write home about, especially compared to Trackman, its just a CSV table of your stats from that round, but I still email it to myself every time.  

I typically only use the driving range mode.  It also has a couple other modes that I haven't experimented with yet.  I have used the Simulator aspect playing Teton Pines, but I don't really care for it, mostly because of the short game falls short.  (In fairness, I don't care for Trackman with E6 either)

All that said, I leaning heavily towards building out a range in the garage this year and getting a Skytrak, because at the end of the day, I don't care for having to drive to the Superstore for scheduled 30 minute time blocks.  Instead, I want to be able to head out to the garage at anytime and hit for as long as I'd like.   If I could afford a GC2 with FSX, I'd get that.  

Let me know if you have any other questions, I've used the GC2 about 50 times this winter so I feel pretty comfortable with it.

Driver: Ping G30 10.5*, Stiff

FW: Ping G 5W, Stiff

Hybrid: PING G 19* Stiff,  Ping G400 22* Stiff

Irons: Taylormade M3 4-PW 3* Up, Project X 5.5

Wedges:  Vokey SM7 50* and 54*, Cleveland RTX 2.0 60* 2dot

Putter: Ping Sigma G Tyne, 35" PP62 grip

Ball: Srixon Z Star and Pro V1x when I find them looking for my ball

Southpaw who plays golf and bats right handed in Chicago, current index is 14.8

Would love to get one of these in the future? How much did it set you back?

Skytrack goes for $1995 in the US and a bit more in Canada.  Throughout the year they run a $300 off campaign, so if you aren't in a hurry I'd wait for one of those.   Father's Day is probably the next one.   The consensus seems to be the $99 a year package is a must as well.

Driver: Ping G30 10.5*, Stiff

FW: Ping G 5W, Stiff

Hybrid: PING G 19* Stiff,  Ping G400 22* Stiff

Irons: Taylormade M3 4-PW 3* Up, Project X 5.5

Wedges:  Vokey SM7 50* and 54*, Cleveland RTX 2.0 60* 2dot

Putter: Ping Sigma G Tyne, 35" PP62 grip

Ball: Srixon Z Star and Pro V1x when I find them looking for my ball

Southpaw who plays golf and bats right handed in Chicago, current index is 14.8

Archived