Golf simulators

I purchased a skytrak in March and love it. It helps me dial in my carry distances and is pretty accurate.  Updates have made it better. 

In My Bag

TM SIM 10.5, PX T1100 6.5 

TM SIM Rocket 3W, PX Hazardous Smoke Black 8.5

TM SLDR 2H, MATRIX Black Tie 95HX

TM P790 3-PW Modus 120X

Titleist Vokey Forged(JDM) 50, 54

Evnroll ER5 

Snell MTB X

I purchased a skytrak in March and love it. It helps me dial in my carry distances and is pretty accurate. Updates have made it better.

Would love to get one of these in the future? How much did it set you back?

:ping-small: G400 Max

:ping-small: G410 3W

:ping-small: G410 3 & 4 Crossover

:ping-small: i200 5-PW

:vokey-small: Vokey SM7 | 52-56-60

:taylormade-small: Taylormade Spider X

Golf simulator room is the dream. 

Driver- Taylormade M2 9.5 degree 2016 (Fujikara Pro60 S)

Fairway Wood- Taylormade Aeroburner TP (Oban Revenge 65 S)

Hybrid- Ping G 3 Hybrid (Alta 70 X)

Driving Iron- Taylormade Tour Preffered UDI 3 (KBS Tour V)

Irons- 4-PW Mizuno MP64 (Dynamic Gold S300) Standard length/3 degrees upright

Wedges- Titleist Vokey SM5 52 F12,56 F14

Putter- Titleist Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2.5 Silver Mist edition 

Ball- Prov1X 

Optishot definitely looks like more entertainment but as long as it tracks accurrately I'm good with that, i really want a way to keep practicing in the winter without driving an hour to an indoor range

Optishot does not track anything related to the ball. It simulates based on how the club comes through the pad. It's a game, fun, but nothing like a simulation. Price is good though

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• 5 months later...

I have decided on the SkyTrak. Pulled the trigger last week, and I received the launch monitor yesterday. I've cleared out some space in the garage, but the mat and net won't arrive for a few more weeks. I'll keep you updated on the project.

So far, the initial setup and connection was pretty easy. It works with my wireless router and my iPhone app. I plan to find a low cost or used projector along with iPhone mirroring and my AppleTV to project the image onto the hitting screen.

Pics to follow too.

• Like 4

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

I have decided on the SkyTrak. Pulled the trigger last week, and I received the launch monitor yesterday. I've cleared out some space in the garage, but the mat and net won't arrive for a few more weeks. I'll keep you updated on the project.

So far, the initial setup and connection was pretty easy. It works with my wireless router and my iPhone app. I plan to find a low cost or used projector along with iPhone mirroring and my AppleTV to project the image onto the hitting screen.

Pics to follow too.

Keep us informed on how it works.  I would love to do something like this,  but don't have any available space in my house.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter:  :seemore-small: mFGP2

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180, Bellum Winmore 787

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I have looked at these for a long time...still haven't found one that is accurate enough at a decent price.....maybe someday

:cobra-small: King F7+ UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 6F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:cobra-small: King PuR Wedges 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 3.0 grip

Arccos Generation 1 Sensors on all clubs

Snell MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Looking forward to your opinion. I was looking at the SkyTrak awhile back...

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

So, I am sitting here in training all week at home. I couldn't wait for the net and mat to arrive, so I plugged in the SkyTrak and chipped in my living room. Why? Because my wife isn't here, and she'd kill me if she saw me chipping into a blanket against the wall.

The first few hits were not recognized, but I think I was just hitting too softly. Once I hit it a little harder, the laser pointer disappeared to let me know it “saw” the shot, and a couple seconds later, it appeared on the screen just like you'd expect. It's slower than I had hoped for, but not bad. I wasn't sitting there for 10 seconds waiting for the display. Probably about 2-3 seconds.

More to come when the net arrives Wednesday, and the mat arrives Friday.

B1995472-1F4A-40A3-A091-884386228DD5.jpeg

• Like 6

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

So, I am sitting here in training all week at home. I couldn't wait for the net and mat to arrive, so I plugged in the SkyTrak and chipped in my living room. Why? Because my wife isn't here, and she'd kill me if she saw me chipping into a blanket against the wall.

The first few hits were not recognized, but I think I was just hitting too softly. Once I hit it a little harder, the laser pointer disappeared to let me know it “saw” the shot, and a couple seconds later, it appeared on the screen just like you'd expect. It's slower than I had hoped for, but not bad. I wasn't sitting there for 10 seconds waiting for the display. Probably about 2-3 seconds.

More to come when the net arrives Wednesday, and the mat arrives Friday.

Don't hit it too hard. You'd hate to have to explain a broken window to her!😊

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

• 5 months later...

What kind of nets/impact screens are you guys buying/price points? What do you recommend? I think I'd like the net to grab the ball or keep it close to the net so it doesn't recoil and roll all over the place in my garage. And just place another ball. Dream is to get a SkyTrak for next winter.

:taylormade-small: M1 2017 10.5° (dialed to 9.5°) (X 75g Project X HZRDUS Black 6.5, Golf Pride CP2, 44.75")
:taylormade-small: M2 2017 3W 15° (X 75g Project X HZRDUS Black 6.5, Golf Pride CP2) | M1 2017 5W 19° (S 70g Kuro Kage Silver TiNi)
:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC FliHi 4, SC 5-7, MB 8-PW (S 110g KBS Tour C-Taper Lite, Lamkin UTX Wrap Blue, 1° flat, -1/4")
:titelist-small: Vokey SM6 52° F-grind,  56° M-grind, 60° L-Grind
:taylormade-small: TP Black Copper Juno

You do hear horror stories. You never hear from the people who love their products. That's how internet works :D It's like the Phantom 4 Pro drone I've got. I love it. Fantastic product. Several guys on youtube hate it. It flies away. Video quality is terrible etc etc. Everyones a critic and expert these days. 

Truth is - people make mistakes. People do things like use bright lights that shine directly into the high speed camera on SkyTrak. But my favourite is "I don't get the distance and spin I've got when I play outside". You're indoors. Most golfers don't swing/play the same indoors. 

There's a lot of user error out there. That's my point.

SkyTrak's rep can be contacted on this sim forum - http://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum/skytrakHe does a great job. Their UK office has been excellent in taking care of me and others I've helped buy SkyTrak.

Furu thank you for the link! There is a lot of helpful information about the Skytrak on that forum. 

:cobra-small: King F8 9 deg w/ Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 60 stiff shaft

:callaway-small:  XR 16 3 Wood S Flex

:cobra-small:  Fly-Z 3/4 Hybrid S Flex

:cobra-small:  King F7 One Length 5-PW S Flex

:cleveland-small:  CBX Wedges 50, 54, & 58 deg wedge flex

:cameron-small:  Select GoLo Putter

My neighbor has a skytrak setup with net in his garage and has invited me over a few times. Just haven't gotten over there yet since he hasn't shank proofed his garage yet😁😂🤣

MDGolfHacker

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :cobra-small: F8 9.5° Project X Even Flow Blue 65g shaft 

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 5W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 816H2 19°

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1X

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Social Media:

Facebook:   md golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Currently Testing:  2021:titelist-small: T200's (https://forum.mygolfspy.com/tests/19-test-in-progress-titleist-t-series-irons/?do=findReview&review=38)

• 2 weeks later...

For the Skytrak, I have the Net Return Pro hitting net, thing is just plain quiet, the only noise is from hitting the ball. I'm hearing good things about the new Super Quiet impact screen from Par2Pro but haven't tried it myself. It's likely the route to take if I ever decide to set up the screen to replace the net.

I decided I was going to jump into the simulator market a couple weeks ago and did as much homework as I could prior to making any purchases.

Obviously budget is the biggest issue when looking at what to buy as there seem to be more "lower-end" (ex. optishot)  and "higher-end" (ex. trackman) devices but not too many in that middle range.  From everything I could find, the Skytrak and GC2 systems are basically the closest you're going to get to the Trackman, Flightscope range and stay under 5k (for the launch monitor alone).  

With more funding, I probably would have picked up a GC2, but I decided to go with the Skytrak in an effort to get started sooner rather than later as i'd have to save up quite a bit more $$ to go the GC2 route.  

I ended up with the Skytrak unit with protective case (from Skytrak site), 9x10 Beta-SQ impact screen (from Par2Pro) and the Country Club Elite hitting mat (Costco, oddly enough).  Additionally I bought a new gaming laptop (Newegg via Ebay) and an Optoma GT1080darbee projector (also Newegg via Ebay) #coupons.  The simulator SW I chose was Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf.

After everything arrived, I've now played two full rounds and can say that I've enjoyed it thus far.  The weather here in MD hasn't been ideal, as spring has yet to show itself for more than a day, so being able to play as much as I want in the garage has been great.

The things I've noticed are: 

1) The Skytrak was super easy to setup and get started.

2) The distances I was seeing on the Skytrak driving range were relatively accurate for me.

3) The JPNG simulation software is aesthetically awesome.  They've done a great job w/ the courses.

4) What I'm finding thus far is that the distance translation from the Skytrak to the JPNG simulation software isn't as accurate as the Skytrak range.  I find myself coming up short on most shots outside of 150y.  I've decided I'm going to toy with this more - it could be how I have the Skytrak positioned (on the floor and raised to mat level). 

5) Happy thus far w/ the screen (it's a "beta" version that Par2Pro has just released, so there are no durability stats yet, but the picture and impact sound are very good)

6) The projector is excellent also - the picture is great.

As things progress and my trial-and-error continues, I'll hopefully be able to provide more info as well as some pictures.

Hope this is helpful.

JS

• Like 3

~ JSWAT ~

"your best shot, is your next shot"

I have been waiting for SkyTrack to go on sale and today was the day at Golftown online.  On order and waiting for it to arrive.

• Like 1

Driver - Callaway Rogue Draw

Woods - Callaway Rogue 5 wood

Hybrid - Titleist TS2 21 degree

Irons - Taylormade P790 5-PW

Wedges - Ping Glide 2.0 52-56-60

Putter - Mizuno Black Carbon BC3

I'll have a GC2 and FSX here in a little over a month. Best part, I can simulate putting right next to the bay on a putting green. Anyone have experience with the fsx software and courses?

I spent this winter hitting balls a couple times a week in the practice bays at the PGA Tour Superstore.  They have Foresight GC2s with the FSX software.  It cost me $150 for 365 days of use.  

I really like the FSX software.  It looks great and quickly displays your shot.  The superstore has a camera set up in each bay, so it ties into the software and I can watch footage in slowmo of each swing will looking at its numbers.  They only have the head on camera, so I am not sure if it works with a two camera set up.

To start, you are able to tell it the club you are using(Driver, Iron, etc) and can add additional clubs.  So for example, I was able to track separately my shots for my Driver with a stiff shaft and my shots for my driver with an XStiff shaft so I could compare the numbers later.  

You can also move the distance from the green that you are hitting from 350yds to right in front for chipping, so you can always hit at the green.  I dont see a lot of people take advantage of this at the store.   

You can also set conditions, wind, wind direction, elevation, and maybe some others.   You can select the most recent shot tracer displayed or 10 shots.   You can select from different type of camera views for following the ball.

The export feature isnt really anything to write home about, especially compared to Trackman, its just a CSV table of your stats from that round, but I still email it to myself every time.  

I typically only use the driving range mode.  It also has a couple other modes that I haven't experimented with yet.  I have used the Simulator aspect playing Teton Pines, but I don't really care for it, mostly because of the short game falls short.  (In fairness, I don't care for Trackman with E6 either)

All that said, I leaning heavily towards building out a range in the garage this year and getting a Skytrak, because at the end of the day, I don't care for having to drive to the Superstore for scheduled 30 minute time blocks.  Instead, I want to be able to head out to the garage at anytime and hit for as long as I'd like.   If I could afford a GC2 with FSX, I'd get that.  

Let me know if you have any other questions, I've used the GC2 about 50 times this winter so I feel pretty comfortable with it.

Driver: Ping G30 10.5*, Stiff

FW: Ping G 5W, Stiff

Hybrid: PING G 19* Stiff,  Ping G400 22* Stiff

Irons: Taylormade M3 4-PW 3* Up, Project X 5.5

Wedges:  Vokey SM7 50* and 54*, Cleveland RTX 2.0 60* 2dot

Putter: Ping Sigma G Tyne, 35" PP62 grip

Ball: Srixon Z Star and Pro V1x when I find them looking for my ball

Southpaw who plays golf and bats right handed in Chicago, current index is 14.8

Would love to get one of these in the future? How much did it set you back?

Skytrack goes for $1995 in the US and a bit more in Canada.  Throughout the year they run a $300 off campaign, so if you aren't in a hurry I'd wait for one of those.   Father's Day is probably the next one.   The consensus seems to be the $99 a year package is a must as well.

• Like 1

Driver: Ping G30 10.5*, Stiff

FW: Ping G 5W, Stiff

Hybrid: PING G 19* Stiff,  Ping G400 22* Stiff

Irons: Taylormade M3 4-PW 3* Up, Project X 5.5

Wedges:  Vokey SM7 50* and 54*, Cleveland RTX 2.0 60* 2dot

Putter: Ping Sigma G Tyne, 35" PP62 grip

Ball: Srixon Z Star and Pro V1x when I find them looking for my ball

Southpaw who plays golf and bats right handed in Chicago, current index is 14.8