Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Stack and Tilt is it a gimmick?

I've seen the commercials lately... has anyone use the training system?

If you have please rate your experience.

Thanks

S & T is not a bad idea for older golfers or those who have difficulty timing the pivot in the downswing. I simply don't have the clubhead speed to accept the driver distance losses with a downward AofA that is almost guaranteed with the S & T. However I do love S & T for all the outstanding flameouts it creates on instruction forums. :huh:

I cannot honestly rate it since I have no intention of pursuing S & T. If you want a great analysis of S & T from one of the best minds in golf instruction, check out this link. Brian Manzella on S&T

• 2 weeks later...

S & T is not a bad idea for older golfers or those who have difficulty timing the pivot in the downswing. I simply don't have the clubhead speed to accept the driver distance losses with a downward AofA that is almost guaranteed with the S & T. However I do love S & T for all the outstanding flameouts it creates on instruction forums. :lol:

I cannot honestly rate it since I have no intention of pursuing S & T. If you want a great analysis of S & T from one of the best minds in golf instruction, check out this link. Brian Manzella on S&T

Thanks for the link tip... I checked it out and seems he is somewhat in favor of the S & T approach but not 100% committed. Thanks again.

Thanks for the link tip... I checked it out and seems he is somewhat in favor of the S & T approach but not 100% committed. Thanks again.

That's one of the things I like about Manzella and his "school of thought." The Manzella instructors are not wedded to one method. I simply cannot generate sufficient clubhead speed with an S&T approach. Their objective is focus on improving students with a TGM type of approach, without the devotion to Homer Kelly and the book. I announced to my wife (translation I begged and cried until she said yes) that I would be attending Manzella's instructional Tour Stop with Mike Jacobs in Long Island next month.

• 1 month later...

Archived