Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Official Forum Member Review: Sun Mountain Golf Bags

GolfSpy Barbajo

Really good job by everyone on these reviews.   Joe those last pictures of where it hangs and what's comfortable for you are very good!

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joe how do you keep your belly so flat!? I haven't walked a golf course since they put a man on the moon so the toting kind would not interest me. I'll have to look into their cart bags next time I'm up for a new one 🏻

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked up a C130 cart bag this weekend at the local golf shop, almost $50 off regular price and I've been wanting one......If you can't tell from pic very well, it's the green/white one

15228044_10207867939722745_1882863333_n.jpg

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

• 1 month later...

Since I got out for a round figured I'd post a little update on the Three5. This is my favorite bag I have ever owned. I walked 9 holes hardly new it was there and since it January I was a little nervous since I am not in walking shape. Materials still holding up great. The issues I had with the feet seemed to happen less which made me enjoy the bag even more. Anyways the more I use it the better it gets if anyone is looking for a carry bag I highly suggest taking a look at the Three5.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

To the guys that reviewed the carry bag, how is it holding up over time? Any noticeable wear? 

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS 9° w/ GD Tour AD DI-6X

3wd: TaylorMade SIM 15° w/ GD Tour AD DI-7S

2h: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 17° w/ Fujikura Speeder 865 Stiff

4h: Callaway XR Pro 23 w/ Project X LZ 6.0

5i - PW: Callaway Apex Pro

Wedges: Callaway MD3 50°, Titleist SM8 54° and 58°

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X 7.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1x

A couple days late on a reply, but holding up just fine! In fact looks as good now as ever. I haven't gotten out as much as jlukes...life isn't a fan of golf sometimes....but quality has been fantastic. It has been in and out of my car on the course(carry and cart) and my kids have knocked over a couple of times.

I've re-read the reviews you guys did on these bags and y'all did a great job in the detailed write-ups and photos. I'm actually thinking about getting one of these this summer perhaps.

My only negatives were like jlukes talked about not having any hangers or even snaps and no Velcro patch. I can work around these issues but you'd think they would have thought of that.

Great reviews guys.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

None at all. Must have walked about 24 rounds and rode another dozen more and it looks just as new as the day I got it

A couple days late on a reply, but holding up just fine! In fact looks as good now as ever. I haven't gotten out as much as jlukes...life isn't a fan of golf sometimes....but quality has been fantastic. It has been in and out of my car on the course(carry and cart) and my kids have knocked over a couple of times.

Awesome! Thanks for the reply. Good job on the reviews too! I might have to consider one of these for my next bag. 

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS 9° w/ GD Tour AD DI-6X

3wd: TaylorMade SIM 15° w/ GD Tour AD DI-7S

2h: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 17° w/ Fujikura Speeder 865 Stiff

4h: Callaway XR Pro 23 w/ Project X LZ 6.0

5i - PW: Callaway Apex Pro

Wedges: Callaway MD3 50°, Titleist SM8 54° and 58°

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X 7.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1x

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I have to send my Sun mountain in for a repair as the seem on the inside of the ball pouch has torn and the balls spill into the main club chamber. Process was simple as they provided me with a prepaid shipping label to send my bag back.

Should be a few weeks total.

I have to send my Sun mountain in for a repair as the seem on the inside of the ball pouch has torn and the balls spill into the main club chamber. Process was simple as they provided me with a prepaid shipping label to send my bag back.

Should be a few weeks total.

Are you planning to remove that precious MyGolfSpy USA patch prior to shipping it back, in the event Sun Mountain decides to replace your bag with an entirely new unit?

PXG___0811 X 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana s60 Limited X
Cobra___S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
Adams___XTD Forged 3i - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
Adams___CMB 4-PW - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
KZG___Tri-Tour 50.08__54.10__58.12 - Accra iCWT 2.0-95i S
Nike___Method Converge B1-01 (copper insert)
Maxfli___'23 Tour X
"The most important shot in golf is the next one“

Are you planning to remove that precious MyGolfSpy USA patch prior to shipping it back, in the event Sun Mountain decides to replace your bag with an entirely new unit?

Unfortunately it's glued on so I am just hoping they can do a quick repair and I get to keep the original bag!

• 2 weeks later...

Well sun mountain's turn around time appears to be incredible because they received my bag on Wednesday and they've already generated a return label for it and I'm scheduled to get it back on Friday. That's customer service done right

Well sun mountain's turn around time appears to be incredible because they received my bag on Wednesday and they've already generated a return label for it and I'm scheduled to get it back on Friday. That's customer service done right

Fingers crossed it comes back intact with your MGS patch. I crave that patch so badly, this seemingly routine return process is actually making me nervous.

PXG___0811 X 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana s60 Limited X
Cobra___S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
Adams___XTD Forged 3i - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
Adams___CMB 4-PW - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
KZG___Tri-Tour 50.08__54.10__58.12 - Accra iCWT 2.0-95i S
Nike___Method Converge B1-01 (copper insert)
Maxfli___'23 Tour X
"The most important shot in golf is the next one“

Great reviews everyone. I read through everything and it really helped me make a better decision. The key factors to me were the fact that yall are still using the bags and the customer service that jlukes experienced. I have had a Sun Mountain bag the same one for I dont know 10 years or more and just this year the zipper pulls started failing. I know the quality of their products. I really want to walk more rounds this year so I think the 3.5LS will be perfect. I wish it would have been included in the 2018 stand bag test but that's out of my control. I got a great deal on one and brand loyalty along with these reviews helped me make a great informed recipe purchase decision.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

Here it is. Should be here next week or so.SmartSelect_20180421-135521_eBay.jpg

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

Here it is. Should be here next week or so.attachicon.gifSmartSelect_20180421-135521_eBay.jpg

Nice, I love my 3.5LS. Got it from Dick's when they had 30% off one item. It surprised me that the coupon applied, and that I got the 2018 version instead of the previous model that was pictured. The club dividers just work so well, that was the problem I had with my Hoofer14, damn grip tangle all the time was annoying.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

That's awesome you dodged a bullet there

Bryson DeChambeau

My 3.5ls is back from sun mountain and as good as new! MGS patch intact!

Outstanding. Would have been a shame if something had happened to that patch.

Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

My 3.5ls is still looking brand new. Here's some shots of the bag and the velcro I put on it for my glove

attachicon.gifIMG_20170606_125329.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_20170606_125319.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_20170606_125337.jpg

That's the exact bag I want. I love the American Flag patch most of all. I need to get on with it as my Wilson bag is starting to get a little ragged.

Hmm? Maybe I'll do it now.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Well so its sad but the Sun Mountain purchase fell through. The seller didn't want to pay the extra shipping of $13 dollars to me. I offered to split the difference in the shipping I paid versus what it cost but to no avail. He cancelled the transaction so I guess I am on the search again.

Bryson DeChambeau

Archived