Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Official Forum Member Review: Golf Pride Tour SNSR Putter Grips

GolfSpy Barbajo

Official Forum Member Review

sNSR.jpg

Golf Pride Tour SNSR Putter Grip

Golf Pride's new SNSR putter grips are one of the more interesting and innovative grips introduced in the past year. They seem to have pulled off an interesting trick - soft yet firm at the same time.  

Do they perform? Can the SNSR help make you a better putter and hole more putts?  We have 3 Forum Members testing these babies out and they're ready to share their thoughts with you here. 

The testers are:

johnnyrogs                            Stage 1                   Stage 2

thegolfgal                              Stage 1                   Stage 2

Rhuber23                              Stage 1                   Stage 2

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Let me first start this post out with an apology to MGS and those who read the member reviews. There has been an excessive lapse in time before getting this posted and there is no reason for it. That being said lets being stage 1.

My name is Steve and I've recently gotten hooked on this great game we all play. I always had a fringe interest in the game, as my grandfather was always playing and practicing when we would go visit. My only regret is I picked it up too late and never got to play with him. but it wasn't until my wife and I bought our first home on a golf course that I really got into it, and have been going strong for 2 years.We also just welcomed our first child in December, Jax Warren Roglen. So now I have a future golfing buddy!jax carseat.jpg I love the challenge that it presents, the precision, the planning and the patience (ok maybe not the patience so much). I'm currently playing to a 21, but feel I'm close to getting that number down, with my biggest weakness being from 100 yards and in.

My current bag consists of:

R15 Driver with an Aldila Rogue Silver shaft,

Krank Froumla 6 3w - Aldila Tour Blue Stiff shaft

Mizuno JPX 825 3h - stock regular shaft

TM Rsi1 4-PW,AW irons on stock regular shafts

54° MD3 wedge with a KBS HI Rev shaft

Mizuno S5 58°wedge on a KBS HiRev Shaft (not pictured)

When I received the grip I was gaming a Ping Cadence TR Anser 2 heavy putter (which has the grip for review on it) bag w ping.jpg

but have since swapped that out for a Scotty Cameron X7M bag with X7m.jpg

Ball of choice: Callaway Chrome Soft Truvis Yellow and Black

This bag mostly came together out of a demo session my home course had, the irons and driver gave me great improvements over the prior boxed set I was using. The putter change came about because I love the look of the Cameron putters and I LOVED the feel and control I get with the X7M. The hybrid and MD3 were through a fitting, even though I now realize I need a stiffer shaft on the hybrid. The 3W, while not the most popular brand, was a great deal at the time and I was looking to upgrade that club, but fear that the shaft is too low launching for me. I wound up playing the Truvis because I liked the softer ball and the pattern set up very well for me. When I first made the switch in the mid summer, I played my best golf and dropped my index by about 5 shots in 2 months. Problem is my course is tight with lots of trees, i'm a 21 and they are expensive.

I'm currently living in Maryland and a member of the MSGA, but find myself frequently playing in Delaware as I live right near the Maryland/Delaware border. My home course is Patriots Glen National in Elkton,MD.

My apologies for the pictures showing up in landscape mode.

:taylormade-small: R15 10.5 aldila Rogue Silver 60S
:callaway-logo-1: XR 16 3W
:mizuno-small: JPX 825 3H 19°
:taylormade-small: RSi1 irons 4-AW
:callaway-logo-1: MD3 54°
:mizuno-small:  S5 58°
:cameron-small:  X7M

HELLO,

I am Jackie an avid golfer from Minneapolis presently playing to a 5.5 HI.   I have been playing golf for a long time but was not that serious about how I played until the last 10 years or so.  I play every weekend and love every minute of it.  Nothing beats getting outside, enjoy mother nature and shooting my lowest score ever. ;) I am an EWGA member and play with the other women in the group on a regular basis in addition to competing in MWPGA and MGA events.

Putting is the weakest part of my game, so I feel making sure I am comfortable with my putter is of the utmost importance.  What I look for in a putter grip is feel, comfort and functionality.  I just removed a Superstroke 5.0 that I felt was just too big, clunky and dysfunctional.

What is in my bag you ask:

Driver - Cobra F6+ Stiff

Cobra Fly-Z 4 Wood Stiff

Cobra Fly-Z 5 Wood Regular

Adams 4 Hybrid stiff

Mizuno JPX-850 Irons 5 - SW Graphite regular

Mizuno MT-5 60 LW

I choose my clubs by hitting them at the retailer with various shafts and comparing them to everything under the sun to make sure they are right for me.  It takes 10 plus yards to get me to consider buying a new driver.  I do have to admit, I am almost always looking for my next golf bag!

I have smaller hands and the size of this grip was large enough but not so large I felt I couldn't control it. I love the feel of the grip and found it very comfortable to putt with.  This would be a good grip in the rain or under high humiity situations.

Course Score

Out of 60 points I would give it a 55.

I like to choke down on my putter grip and the Contour reminded me to do so, this was an added bonus of the grip for me. I have a bad habit of getting higher on the grip during the round, but this grip prevents that from happening.   

Looks and Durability

The Golf Pride Tour SNSR Contour 140CC grip was easy to install and has an appealing look.  The grip is solid and I would expect it to last longer than one should actually use a putter grip, say 5 - 10 years. 

Grip.jpg

Looks Score 25 Points

I would not hesitate to purchase this grip, I liked it.

Likely hood of purchase 15 Points

In hand.jpg

Overall the Golf Pride Tour SNSR Contour 140CC grip is comfortable to use, easy to install, appealing to the eye and I would recommend it highly to anyone looking for a new putter grip.

Overall Score 95

Grip.jpg

In hand.jpg

Hey Everybody! I am excited to have been selected to test out the Golf Pride Tour SENSR 140cc putter grip!

I have been playing golf four about the last 25 years. I started as a child with my dad taking me out to the course with him. It didn't take long for me to fall in love with the game. I grew up riding my bike the 6 miles to the course with my clubs on my back every day. I was fortunate enough to be selected to be on my high school golf team, and had a blast doing that for a few years! I have had struggles with my game for as long as I can remember. I have been able to work out a lot of the kinks over the years, but easily still the worst part of my game has been putting.

I am currently about a 8 handicap, thanks in large part to my distance. Over the last few years I have worked hard on being more consistent with my driver because I did have that distance at my disposal when I did hit it straight. I went from about 40% FIR to over 80% this last year. That has led to a higher GIR%, and I normally 2 putt to finish out. My struggle is those putts outside of about 8-10 feet. The long putts shows my lag game at very hit or miss. I switched this last year to a mallet putter when I bought the Nike Method Drone 2.0. That started me on improving my putts, and I have the high hopes that this new putter grip will help even more!

Currently in my bag:

Geek No Brainer 6* X-Stiff

5 & 7 wood Ping G2 Regular

4-AW Nike SQ Machspeed irons

Tommy Armour Evo sand and lob wedges

Nike Method Drone 2.0 Putter

These clubs have come to me in different and interesting ways. I was fitted for this driver at a local golf shop because of my swing speed and launch angle. It has been a blast to play with, but I am getting older and the swing speed is slowing down, so it may be time for a replacement here soon! My woods were hand me downs from my dad that I have had for about the last 10 years. I hit them great so I haven't felt the need to change! My irons were a graduation gift to myself, and I got them mostly on price because they were a year old model, but I have loved them from day one. The wedges I caught on sale at sports authority, but I am looking to upgrade those! Putter was mostly on price, but it had great reviews, and felt great to me!

Golf is one of the few things that I can't get enough of. It leads to a fair number of arguments with my wife when I just want to be golfing all the time!! Golf is a great game, however, and I plan to be playing for the rest of my life!!

Ryan - Utah

Geek No Brainer 6* X-stiff

Nike SQ irons steel shaft

HC: 10

• 4 months later...

Nice reviews! I put 104cc on my putter and love it. Wow, Rhuber! A 6* driver? That's insane!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Titleist TS3 9.5* w/Accra TZ5 65 X-Stiff
Titleist TS3 15* w/Fujikura Ventus 7X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 20* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 23* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Titleist 718 CB 5 iron w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist 718 MB 6-PW w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist SM7 Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Bettinardi Queen B 10 34.5"
Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-X

Good write up thegolfgal and good start Rhuber23. It's been 4 months, time to update people.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

Great reviews so far.......I have the smaller straight grip on a SC Kombi. It has a terrific feel to it.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

My wife has the SNSR blue grip and she loves it. Thanks to those who tested this product and shared their insight.

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Archived