Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

EVNROLL Putters (More Photos)

GolfSpy_X

​I found these two videos interesting.  One has a standard putter with center, heal and toe hits.  The second has the Evnroll with the same hits.  The results are quite remarkable.    

Standard putter:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ujlZ3gVNs8

Evnroll putter:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zwj--IqYTj0

those are beautiful... let me know if you need to send one somewhere for testing!

:taylormade-small:  M3 460 9.5* - ACCRA TZ6 M5

:callaway-small:  X2 Hot Pro - 15* Aldila Tour Green X

TaylorMade Jetspeed 19* w Matrix HM9

Mizuno MP-63 4-P Project X 6.0

Cleveland RTX4 - 50, 54, 60

:odyssey-small:  Toulon Portland w P2 React Grip

:titelist-small: 2019 Players 4 -  :titelist-small: Pro V1

i like the thick blade styling, as well as the mallets. Well done EvnRoll

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

​I found these two videos interesting.  One has a standard putter with center, heal and toe hits.  The second has the Evnroll with the same hits.  The results are quite remarkable.    

Standard putter:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ujlZ3gVNs8

Evnroll putter:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zwj--IqYTj0

Nice videos!  The standard putter - center hit was the only putt that "got to the hole"!!  I don't think I could use the EVNROLL when they all come up short all the time.    :D  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Wow. That's a testament if I've ever seen one. I need to start saving my money!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Nice videos! The standard putter - center hit was the only putt that "got to the hole"!! I don't think I could use the EVNROLL when they all come up short all the time. :D

Consistent distance and direction from hit to hit. One club hit the ball three different distances and with a pretty large dispersion, the other hit them identical distance with zero dispersion. I know that I'd love to take the question of consistency out of the equation. I'm an amateur and I don't always hit putts squarely. Looks like all I'd have to do is work on distance control... Taking variables away improves my scoring! Hahaha! Yeah, maybe I shouldn't buy one either because they come up short!

Consistent distance and direction from hit to hit. One club hit the ball three different distances and with a pretty large dispersion, the other hit them identical distance with zero dispersion. I know that I'd love to take the question of consistency out of the equation. I'm an amateur and I don't always hit putts squarely. Looks like all I'd have to do is work on distance control... Taking variables away improves my scoring! Hahaha! Yeah, maybe I shouldn't buy one either because they come up short!

Distance control is one of my strengths in putting.  I like this putter and I bet I could get it to the hole consistently.  My only concern is the weight or lack thereof and the 2* loft.  I'd have to roll one to see if it fits me.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Distance control is one of my strengths in putting. I like this putter and I bet I could get it to the hole consistently. My only concern is the weight or lack thereof and the 2* loft. I'd have to roll one to see if it fits me.

I'd definitely like to get my hands on one, but there aren't any near me... Not inside a four hour drive.

I'd definitely like to get my hands on one, but there aren't any near me... Not inside a four hour drive.

Don't know where you are located but know PGA super store has them

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Don't know where you are located but know PGA super store has them

Yeah, 4 hours away in TX... Ugh.

I'd love to try some of these putters on a real course, these look very cool.

It'd be awesome if some of these putter (and wedge) companies would start doing the at-home demo trials like Wilson, Ben hogan and some of the others are starting to do. $15-20 charge to cover shipping both ways and let you trial a putter or 2 for 2-3 weeks, apply the charge to you purchase if you buy.

That video of the evn roll was crazy, I would like to try it out my self. Only variable not accounted for are maintaining wrists angles or inconsistent grip pressure where the face twists, but that is and always will be user error

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

I really like my Odyssey but boy those videos are tempting

Sent from my XT1563 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9*, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro                                       Midsize

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize    

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:        :vice:     Pro

:titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

I really like my Odyssey but boy those videos are tempting

Yeah I have an Odyssey #1W that I really like but the comparable model here is kinda tempting....

(and the PGA superstore is not that far away from me......)

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

I've got a metal-x #6 with a super stroke ultra slim 3.0 and it's been great. I don't have the luxury of a PGA superstore to go to (or anywhere else for that matter) so I'll wait for more reviews and especially the feel.

Sent from my XT1563 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9*, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro                                       Midsize

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize    

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:        :vice:     Pro

:titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

I'm naturally skeptical. I've just seen too many golf products that make the similar claims. The videos appear convincing. But that's a machine stroking the putt. Same way each time. Of course the Evnroll beats the other putter. You think they would post it if it didn't? Just like with most things golf.... I'd have to try it out on my greens and see what happens with my own eyes. Perhaps after a round or two I'd know. I tried the hyped up Ping Ketsch and it was a non-starter for me. I've said it many times around here.... I'm a good putter if nothing else. So would I get even better? For the record I have an expensive fitted/custom built Edel that quite frankly didn't improve my putting any over my Academy OTR $39 Oydessy. It's a show piece really.

Sounds like the Consumer Reports of golf MGS is going to have to get hold of some of these. Then perhaps we'll see. Hint: I'd prefer to see much testing happening out on the course during rounds and not just repetitive putting on the practice green. Perhaps even on a variety of putting surfaces too. Bent, Bermuda, Poa Annua, etc.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

• SPY VIP

We actually did get a hold of them and tested them against the best putters we tested in 2016.

Here is that test:  http://www.mygolfspy.com/2017-evnroll-putter-test/

I'm naturally skeptical. I've just seen too many golf products that make the similar claims. The videos appear convincing. But that's a machine stroking the putt. Same way each time. Of course the Evnroll beats the other putter. You think they would post it if it didn't? Just like with most things golf.... I'd have to try it out on my greens and see what happens with my own eyes. Perhaps after a round or two I'd know. I tried the hyped up Ping Ketsch and it was a non-starter for me. I've said it many times around here.... I'm a good putter if nothing else. So would I get even better? For the record I have an expensive fitted/custom built Edel that quite frankly didn't improve my putting any over my Academy OTR $39 Oydessy. It's a show piece really.

Sounds like the Consumer Reports of golf MGS is going to have to get hold of some of these. Then perhaps we'll see. Hint: I'd prefer to see much testing happening out on the course during rounds and not just repetitive putting on the practice green. Perhaps even on a variety of putting surfaces too. Bent, Bermuda, Poa Annua, etc.

#TruthDigest

I do find it funny when a company uses the stationary swing arm to show how "true" a putter rolls. of course it's gonna be perfect with the exact same stroke on a perfectly flat surface.

I would love to test one of these, may have to see if the local Haggin Oaks Super Store has any. 

I don't read the Blog much and certainly not carefully. But now I have. I saw where you used 10 testers. Ok.

What I was referring to; but perhaps not clearly is, I'd like to see 5 or so guys in the forum test these out. Not behind the curtain so to speak. And not in a controlled environment on fake turf. Just the old fashion way. Get Evnroll to cough-up some putters to some guys here in the forum and let them review it. Have the testers/reviewers use the putters like they use their own. At the courses they play and the types of grass and conditions they play on and encounter.

Sounds reasonable to me. Hope you guys can pull it off.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

A thought for the GolfSpy bosses:

Any of those test putters still in the lab?

If so - whaddya think about spreading them around within the forum community for maybe a 2-3 week trial, then the tester returns it or passes it on to another forum member?

(Just have to agree on shipping $)

I'd be very interested in "real world" testing / reviewing an ER2 (33") and comparing it head to head vs. my Odyssey #1W.

Thx!

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

• SPY VIP

We are working on doing JUST that in the next few weeks.

A thought for the GolfSpy bosses:

Any of those test putters still in the lab?

If so - whaddya think about spreading them around within the forum community for maybe a 2-3 week trial, then the tester returns it or passes it on to another forum member?

(Just have to agree on shipping $)

I'd be very interested in "real world" testing / reviewing an ER2 (33") and comparing it head to head vs. my Odyssey #1W.

Thx!

#TruthDigest

• SPY VIP

Curtain? Not a controlled environment?

I think you were one that scrutinized us and many others in the past for not having controls in our testing.  Now you prefer a test with no controls?  

I will never understand golfers.

I don't read the Blog much and certainly not carefully. But now I have. I saw where you used 10 testers. Ok.

What I was referring to; but perhaps not clearly is, I'd like to see 5 or so guys in the forum test these out. Not behind the curtain so to speak. And not in a controlled environment on fake turf. Just the old fashion way. Get Evnroll to cough-up some putters to some guys here in the forum and let them review it. Have the testers/reviewers use the putters like they use their own. At the courses they play and the types of grass and conditions they play on and encounter.

#TruthDigest

These putters look beautiful and am very curious about their performance.  Keep up the good work and keep me in mind for any testing opportunities against my Works #7

:taylormade-small:  M3 460 9.5* - ACCRA TZ6 M5

:callaway-small:  X2 Hot Pro - 15* Aldila Tour Green X

TaylorMade Jetspeed 19* w Matrix HM9

Mizuno MP-63 4-P Project X 6.0

Cleveland RTX4 - 50, 54, 60

:odyssey-small:  Toulon Portland w P2 React Grip

:titelist-small: 2019 Players 4 -  :titelist-small: Pro V1

I am usually skeptical of golf tech and, at times, even MGS testing (as noted by some of my comments on here) but I found the article and the hype pretty compelling. The purpose of a fixed arm putting machine is to neutralize as many variables as possible. It is a true head-to-head comparison. Then MGS came along and said let's try 10 golfers and see what they think -- more of a real world test. The results of both were very informative. The tech seems to work. I have been looking for a putter for so long and finally this is one I can legitimately be excited about. Not because of the marketing hype and paint color but because of the data presented by ENROLL and MGS.

GolfSpy_X, can you comment on the intellectual property of the grooves? I assumed PING TR owned the idea of variable groove thickness to control energy transfer (I thought that was one of the reasons why NIKE tried to do the same but using resin behind the face. 

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

I am usually skeptical of golf tech and, at times, even MGS testing (as noted by some of my comments on here) but I found the article and the hype pretty compelling. The purpose of a fixed arm putting machine is to neutralize as many variables as possible. It is a true head-to-head comparison. Then MGS came along and said let's try 10 golfers and see what they think -- more of a real world test. The results of both were very informative. The tech seems to work. I have been looking for a putter for so long and finally this is one I can legitimately be excited about. Not because of the marketing hype and paint color but because of the data presented by ENROLL and MGS.

GolfSpy_X, can you comment on the intellectual property of the grooves? I assumed PING TR owned the idea of variable groove thickness to control energy transfer (I thought that was one of the reasons why NIKE tried to do the same but using resin behind the face.

Agreed! Happy with my Odyssey #1W but .. after seeing that vid and the MGS test .. am very intrigued.....

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

I have done a test.  I am not a great putter in general, I was always very streaky.  I play 70% of my rounds on Bent Grass and the other 30% on Champions or some variety of ultradwarf Bermuda.

I owned Sunset Beach Custom Putters, I still have roughly 10-15 of my putters in a rack in my basement.  In the years Sunset Beach was running, I tried every putter on the planet, just to keep up with what my competition was doing to see where we could be lacking.  I never found anything that made me want to change.

My struggles were the short putts and long range putts.  I tended to have a three putt or two every couple of rounds(poor distance control), and I would miss a few short putts a round as well.  I did not practice which I will admit was part of the problem.   I switched to an ER-2 as soon as I hit one.  The feel was fantastic, the dispersion was better on the fake greens of the golf store.

I have been playing with it for about 15 rounds now, and after the first three rounds getting used to it, I will say I have seen a huge change.   In the last 12 rounds, I only have two 3 putts.  I averaged about .8 per round before switching, which would equate to about 10 over 12 rounds.  These are hard solid facts with it.

I do not have hard stats to quote from short putts, but I know I make more of the 4-8 footers than I did before which was my second problem area putting.  My 10-20 foot putting hasn't changed much that I can tell.  It's hard to break down putting that far to see if I am making more or less from these ranges now, but I am more comfortable and know I make more close ones than I used to.

I still have not started practicing my putting(which will change since I just joined a course) but my average putts per round has gotten slightly better, however my GIR have also gone up since switching irons so it is hard to get a good idea of how much better my putting overall has gotten.

Clubs in great standing

• Driver - Callaway Epic Max LS - Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - UST Mamiya Black 79X
  • 5 Wood - Taylormade Sim Max - HZRDOUS smoke black 6.5
  • Irons - Srixon ZX5 5 iron, Srixon ZX7 (6-9)  - Recoil 110 F5
  • Wedges - Cleveland 46, 50*, 54*, & 60* Zipcore mid bounce - Recoil 110 F5
  • Putter -  Mannkrafted MA/66 - UST Frequency Filter, LAB MEZZ.1  - BGT Stability

Clubs in good standing(fighting for one spot)....

• 7 Wood - Company that shall not be named - UST Mamiya Black 79TX | Util - Callaway Apex X Forged UTIL 21* - AD-DI | Util - Srixon ZXU 18* -  Recoil 110 F5 | Util - Callaway UW 19* - HZRDOUS smoke black 6.5

Clubs that need a timeout/replacing

I have done a test.  I am not a great putter in general, I was always very streaky.  I play 70% of my rounds on Bent Grass and the other 30% on Champions or some variety of ultradwarf Bermuda.

I owned Sunset Beach Custom Putters, I still have roughly 10-15 of my putters in a rack in my basement.  In the years Sunset Beach was running, I tried every putter on the planet, just to keep up with what my competition was doing to see where we could be lacking.  I never found anything that made me want to change.

My struggles were the short putts and long range putts.  I tended to have a three putt or two every couple of rounds(poor distance control), and I would miss a few short putts a round as well.  I did not practice which I will admit was part of the problem.   I switched to an ER-2 as soon as I hit one.  The feel was fantastic, the dispersion was better on the fake greens of the golf store.

I have been playing with it for about 15 rounds now, and after the first three rounds getting used to it, I will say I have seen a huge change.   In the last 12 rounds, I only have two 3 putts.  I averaged about .8 per round before switching, which would equate to about 10 over 12 rounds.  These are hard solid facts with it.

I do not have hard stats to quote from short putts, but I know I make more of the 4-8 footers than I did before which was my second problem area putting.  My 10-20 foot putting hasn't changed much that I can tell.  It's hard to break down putting that far to see if I am making more or less from these ranges now, but I am more comfortable and know I make more close ones than I used to.

I still have not started practicing my putting(which will change since I just joined a course) but my average putts per round has gotten slightly better, however my GIR have also gone up since switching irons so it is hard to get a good idea of how much better my putting overall has gotten.

thanks for the update! It's good to hear from someone that was so involved in the putter industry. I am interested in trying one, just gotta find it first. I did roll a ricky johnson with horizontal grooves and love the way feels, plus they are damn beautiful pieces of work.  

Archived