Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

You're given 1000 dollars for "golf" and you need to start over

StrokerAce

Not sure if this has been done before but thought it'd be a fun little experiment.

Baseline:

-You have a bag and need clubs to put in it.  

-You are an average to below average player (~20hcp) and the clubs you own are junk that you're going to sell at your next yard sale.

-You have shoes, and all that other crap.

-You've never had lessons or any of that other junk and someone gave you some clubs and your buddies talked you into coming out with them on the weekends so that they can take your money in a weekly cash game and you're tired of losing to them.

How do you spend your $ and in which order (clubs, lessons, fitting, new vs used etc.) ??

...you only have 1000 dollars... that's it !

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Well this is cool ---

First one's obvious - you need clubs to put in the bag or you can't play.  If I'm a 20 I'd hit the Bay and find some SGI clubs of recent vintage that could be had at a very attractive price -- Wilson Staff Defy iron/hybrid set can be had new for under $300. If I wanted to spend a bit more I'd look for a used set of Bridgestone JGR hybrid irons.

Next would be driver, FW and putter - also on the Bay or a place like 2nd Swing in Minneapolis. They'll fit you for free when you buy something - you won't have your choice of shafts or anything, but they will help you sort out what driver might be best for you.

I'd set a budget of $600 to $700 on the sticks, the rest would go to lessons.  If I could get sticks for less than $500, all the better...

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Well this is cool ---

First one's obvious - you need clubs to put in the bag or you can't play.  If I'm a 20 I'd hit the Bay and find some SGI clubs of recent vintage that could be had at a very attractive price -- Wilson Staff Defy iron/hybrid set can be had new for under $300. If I wanted to spend a bit more I'd look for a used set of Bridgestone JGR hybrid irons.

Next would be driver, FW and putter - also on the Bay or a place like 2nd Swing in Minneapolis. They'll fit you for free when you buy something - you won't have your choice of shafts or anything, but they will help you sort out what driver might be best for you.

I'd set a budget of $600 to $700 on the sticks, the rest would go to lessons.  If I could get sticks for less than $500, all the better...

Don't think I can improve on this suggestion, nothing wrong with second hand, and lessons are more important than new equipment.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Don't think I can improve on this suggestion, nothing wrong with second hand, and lessons are more important than new equipment.

On the other hand, being a full fledged, card-carrying Club Ho, I'm trading up and buying as many clubs as I can.  If it truly is the indian and not the arrow, then my whole life has been a lie...

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Well I hate to ask a qualifying question but I will.....Is it a $1,000 period to spend, or I'm given a $1,000 cash and can add some of my own to it.

If it's the latter, I'm going to the Titleist Manchester Lane facility, for a full bag fitting, I think about $600 if I recall correctly for a half day session that covers every club in the bag.   I take that info and put $400 toward the club(s) they felt I needed the most, say irons.   Then I purchase with my own dollars the rest of the clubs as my budget allows.

If it's just $1,000 period and I can't spend any of my own beyond that.   I'm probably going a similar route that Barbajo mentioned.  Buying last years or the previous years models in the GI lines.  Maybe spending $300 or less on irons, $150 on driver, $75 or so on a FW and hybrid.  That leaves about $400 for wedges and a putter, and I think I can make that happen with maybe even one of them being new and shiny to give me something to feel good about.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

For this mythical setup I'd get a lesson first.  Take the pro's advice about clubs and see what happens there.  If the clubs truly are junk then I'm looking at the bay, global golf, cally preowned, 2nd swing etc for new (to me) sticks.  I'm hoping to get an entire setup for sub $500.  Then I'm using the rest of the money on another lesson with the new sticks and greens fees.  I've heard lessons are important, but I've never had one and I'm doing OK with that.  I'm a believer that to get better you really need to play more.  You'll figure some stuff out on your own and get some tweaks from friends that you trust.  

Also if your friends are consistently taking your money then the handicaps aren't set up properly for the game.  I'm asking for more strokes as well.

On a side note if this was not a mythical question and someone actually gave me a $1000 for only golf related purchases I'd buy 2 KBS C-Taper wedge shafts for clubs I already want to reshaft.  I'd go roll the Evnroll putters and most likely come home with an ER5.  Then I'm using the rest for bar tabs at the club :)

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I kinda did this when I first started. I bought affordable GI irons, a sand wedge, used driver, and used 3 wood. The rest I spent on lessons. As I got better, I bought better equipment

Life before death

Strength before weakness

Journey before destination

Oh I love this one!

Driver-  Callaway FT-9  $41.99

https://www.2ndswing.com/pv-495863458-callaway-ft-9-driver-9-callaway-fujikura-zcom-pro-65-graphite-stiff-right-handed-445-in.aspx 

3W- Adams 2013 Tight Lies $17.09

https://www.2ndswing.com/pv-312374542-adams-2013-tight-lies-fairway-wood-3-wood-3w-14-stock-graphite-shaft-graphite-stiff-right-handed-43-in.aspx

3hy-  Taylormade SLDR $20.15

https://www.2ndswing.com/pv-199261558-taylormade-sldr-hybrid-3h-19-graphite-stiff-right-4125-in.aspx

Irons- Di5 3-PW  $149.99

https://www.2ndswing.com/pv-506790943-wilson-staff-staff-di5-iron-set-3-pw-stock-steel-shaft-steel-stiff-right-handed-38-in.aspx

Wedges- Wilson TW5 54 and 58 $16 $24

https://www.2ndswing.com/pv-227929472-wilson-staff-staff-tw9-tour-milled-black-wedge-sand-sw-54-10-deg-bounce-true-temper-dynamic-gold-wedge-steel-stiff-right-handed-355-in.aspx

https://www.2ndswing.com/pv-489669021-wilson-staff-staff-tw9-tour-milled-black-wedge-lob-lw-58-12-deg-bounce-stock-steel-shaft-steel-wedge-flex-right-handed-3525-in.aspx

Putter- Cleveland Classic 2010 $50

https://www.2ndswing.com/cleveland/putters/2010-classic-1-black-pearl/?facet=Condition:1,Length:34.0in,#used

Those clubs get me on a course and have me set up to play well for a little while. From there I have 680 to spend on lessons and actually playing golf. 

Honestly I would take this set up to the course right now and be fine. These clubs will help a beginner hit it far and straight. When a lot of these clubs came out they were considered pretty good. Im interested to see what anyone else thinks

Check out my personal Equipment Blog and Podcast!

Huntingforbirdies.com

Well I hate to ask a qualifying question but I will.....Is it a $1,000 period to spend, or I'm given a $1,000 cash and can add some of my own to it.

If it's the latter, I'm going to the Titleist Manchester Lane facility, for a full bag fitting, I think about $600 if I recall correctly for a half day session that covers every club in the bag.   I take that info and put $400 toward the club(s) they felt I needed the most, say irons.   Then I purchase with my own dollars the rest of the clubs as my budget allows.

If it's just $1,000 period and I can't spend any of my own beyond that.   I'm probably going a similar route that Barbajo mentioned.  Buying last years or the previous years models in the GI lines.  Maybe spending $300 or less on irons, $150 on driver, $75 or so on a FW and hybrid.  That leaves about $400 for wedges and a putter, and I think I can make that happen with maybe even one of them being new and shiny to give me something to feel good about.

1000 period; no more, no less.

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

1000 period; no more, no less.

Well then, it looks like my trip to Manchester Lane will have to come out of my own funds at a later time :)

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I think I would go hckymeyer's way

1st lesson to get pro's feedback

Then buy used gear off the bay or something. Can get a full bag under $500 easily

I should still have around $400-450 left, I would spend them all on lessons spread apart, about one every 2 weeks. And the time in between I would work hard practicing the lesson.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Lessons so I could get better faster and take my friends money back when they have to give me strokes for my handicap

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Lessons so I could get better faster and take my friends money back when they have to give me strokes for my handicap

That's the idea!!  Let your buddies buy the clubs!!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Booking lessons with a top notch guy is going to run $150-$200 for an hour, minimum. So... I Get my clubs for $400, which was proven feasible above, then go to my guy four times at $140/hour. I have $40 left for my first round!

I've taken over three strokes off my game by getting lessons last year as a 9 hcp, so being me, athletic and a bogey handicap? Yeah. This is the route to go for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

This one is easy.

SLDR C Driver, Fairway and Hybrid - $200 total

Ping G20 irons - $180 (just got a set for a friend of mine)

Two Vokey SM5 wedges of the used rack - $80 (got these as well to go with the irons)

Cleveland Milled Putter - $100

Figure this leaves me enough cash to head to the bar and have some fun or at least forget that I actually own an SLDR C driver with Uncle Jack.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

On the other hand, being a full fledged, card-carrying Club Ho, I'm trading up and buying as many clubs as I can.  If it truly is the indian and not the arrow, then my whole life has been a lie...

Not to say shiny new things don't make the Indian happy, which can result in better arrows. Whenever I get a new club ( or clubs) I tend to swing well. Mind you that's probably because I practice with them to get used to them. The whole equipment, practice, fitting equation is a bit chicken and egg!

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Oh I love this one!

Driver-  Callaway FT-9  $41.99

https://www.2ndswing.com/pv-495863458-callaway-ft-9-driver-9-callaway-fujikura-zcom-pro-65-graphite-stiff-right-handed-445-in.aspx 

3W- Adams 2013 Tight Lies $17.09

https://www.2ndswing.com/pv-312374542-adams-2013-tight-lies-fairway-wood-3-wood-3w-14-stock-graphite-shaft-graphite-stiff-right-handed-43-in.aspx

3hy-  Taylormade SLDR $20.15

https://www.2ndswing.com/pv-199261558-taylormade-sldr-hybrid-3h-19-graphite-stiff-right-4125-in.aspx

Irons- Di5 3-PW  $149.99

https://www.2ndswing.com/pv-506790943-wilson-staff-staff-di5-iron-set-3-pw-stock-steel-shaft-steel-stiff-right-handed-38-in.aspx

Wedges- Wilson TW5 54 and 58 $16 $24

https://www.2ndswing.com/pv-227929472-wilson-staff-staff-tw9-tour-milled-black-wedge-sand-sw-54-10-deg-bounce-true-temper-dynamic-gold-wedge-steel-stiff-right-handed-355-in.aspx

https://www.2ndswing.com/pv-489669021-wilson-staff-staff-tw9-tour-milled-black-wedge-lob-lw-58-12-deg-bounce-stock-steel-shaft-steel-wedge-flex-right-handed-3525-in.aspx

Putter- Cleveland Classic 2010 $50

https://www.2ndswing.com/cleveland/putters/2010-classic-1-black-pearl/?facet=Condition:1,Length:34.0in,#used

Those clubs get me on a course and have me set up to play well for a little while. From there I have 680 to spend on lessons and actually playing golf. 

Honestly I would take this set up to the course right now and be fine. These clubs will help a beginner hit it far and straight. When a lot of these clubs came out they were considered pretty good. Im interested to see what anyone else thinks

Geez that was impressive... And not a bad bag at all!

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

Booking lessons with a top notch guy is going to run $150-$200 for an hour, minimum. So... I Get my clubs for $400, which was proven feasible above, then go to my guy four times at $140/hour. I have $40 left for my first round!

I've taken over three strokes off my game by getting lessons last year as a 9 hcp, so being me, athletic and a bogey handicap? Yeah. This is the route to go for sure!

But being a beginner with a 20ish handicap, would it make a difference if you get a standard pro for $70 or the best of the best for $200?

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Well this is cool ---

First one's obvious - you need clubs to put in the bag or you can't play. If I'm a 20 I'd hit the Bay and find some SGI clubs of recent vintage that could be had at a very attractive price -- Wilson Staff Defy iron/hybrid set can be had new for under $300. If I wanted to spend a bit more I'd look for a used set of Bridgestone JGR hybrid irons.

I'd set a budget of $600 to $700 on the sticks, the rest would go to lessons. If I could get sticks for less than $500, all the better...

Thanks, Barbajo! You saved me from writing all the same stuff you said, lol.

Sent from my SM-G920V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

But being a beginner with a 20ish handicap, would it make a difference if you get a standard pro for $70 or the best of the best for $200?

Could be a guy at $70, if he's good and doesn't teach to one swing style... A lot of guys are "teachers", but very few actually are any good. Personally, I'd start with the "top teachers" list in your state. One can even call their "local" PGA section for recommendations.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Geez that was impressive... And not a bad bag at all!

I love golfing on a budget. I was actually impressed with some of these prices. That was kind of fun as well. Ive gotten some deals. 

The best part is most of these clubs have reached the bottom of their value so you should be able to resell them for pretty close to what you paid in a year or so to upgrade. 

Check out my personal Equipment Blog and Podcast!

Huntingforbirdies.com

I did something like that 10 years ago. Took my clubs and went to a "club analysis, swing analysis, putting analysis , lesson" in White Plains NY.  At the time it was a $200 fee. When all was said and done they recommended  a few different sets of game improvement clubs to help my game.  I went with the Cleveland club set and it was a big improvement. I was joining a private CC and I was willing to spend some $ to make myself a better golfer, problem was I did not spend enough $.

It was a very thorough fitting, even showed me where my putter was lined up when I thought it was lined up at the hole, it was off by 8" in 15 feet. { Laser set up}  My club fitter was a guy by the name of Andrew Stroukoff, yes really. He was a world class athlete and represented the USA in the 1976 winter Olympics.  Nothing like having a professional guide you thru getting the right equipment..

In My Bag

Driver TM 9.5 Burner reg shaft.

3 wood TM 15*             "

5 wood TM 18*             "     "

Cobra baffler 3 hybrid

TM 5 hybrid

TM 6 hybrid

TM RSI Irons 6 thru pw

Titleist  Vokey 52* and 56* wedges

Scotty Cameron Newport 2.6 center shafted putter

Clubs first: driver something used like a Ping G10 great older model and won't break the bank while still getting a good club.

Irons: spend a bit more here as more shots are hit here than anywhere. I'd go with titleist AP1 712s from 2013 great quality irons. For FW something like what Barbajo said, on the bay second hand prolly stick with ping. Putter I love the taylormade spider.

Just like Barbajo if I can get out of all that below $600-700 the rest is lessons.

That was fun. Wish I had $1000!

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

I am rather athletic and for the most part self taught, so I would spend all of the money on equipment and nothing on lessons.

Sent from my ASUS Chromebook Flip C100PA using Tapatalk

Self taught yes, athletic no...spend $400 on fitness center membership to get fit with golf related exercises then spend the rest on used clubs at my local PGA SS or on eBay...now show me the money!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

My club fitter was a guy by the name of Andrew Stroukoff, yes really. 

Stroukoff?  As in "stroke off?"  Perfect name for a club fitter!  

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Not sure if this has been done before but thought it'd be a fun little experiment.

Baseline:

-You have a bag and need clubs to put in it.  

-You are an average to below average player (~20hcp) and the clubs you own are junk that you're going to sell at your next yard sale.

-You have shoes, and all that other crap.

How do you spend your $ and in which order (clubs, lessons, fitting, new vs used etc.) ??

...you only have 1000 dollars... that's it !

I'd keep my "junk" clubs for the time being and plan myself a nice little golf trip. Spending $1000 on new equipment and lessons, etc. isn't going to make me any better immediately. But, I could take my existing hacker game immediately anywhere and come home with a bag full of great memories. You only live once.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Stroukoff?  As in "stroke off?"  Perfect name for a club fitter!  

AHYUP 

In My Bag

Driver TM 9.5 Burner reg shaft.

3 wood TM 15*             "

5 wood TM 18*             "     "

Cobra baffler 3 hybrid

TM 5 hybrid

TM 6 hybrid

TM RSI Irons 6 thru pw

Titleist  Vokey 52* and 56* wedges

Scotty Cameron Newport 2.6 center shafted putter

This one is easy.

SLDR C Driver, Fairway and Hybrid - $200 total

Ping G20 irons - $180 (just got a set for a friend of mine)

Two Vokey SM5 wedges of the used rack - $80 (got these as well to go with the irons)

Cleveland Milled Putter - $100

Figure this leaves me enough cash to head to the bar and have some fun or at least forget that I actually own an SLDR C driver with Uncle Jack.

This never gets old haha

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

Archived