Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

2010 Adams Tom Watson Players Grind wedge

Moecat

I just got this in the mail and need to get it shafted and gripped.

Anyone here try this yet? If so, what do you think?

watson1.jpg

watson2.jpg

watson3.jpg

No I haven't tried that wedge but if you get another in the mail just forward one of those wedges to me PLEASE!!

T

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

I have the Tom Watson PVD black wedge, from 2008 I think. It's good. I mean it's good for what I payed for it ($29). You can't compare it with a Vokey or an MP T-10, but it still makes a reliable piece of equipment in my bag.

I was specially interested to know if this model was any better since it looks better. Please tell us when you try it. And yes, like TWshoot said, forward me any excess you have ;)

sdfut.jpg

Addicted to golf since February 2008

Best Score: 89

Birdies: 12

Not much about them from the Adams site -

Maximum USGA groove volume allows for better ball contact resulting in optimal spin and control.

Classic chrome finish provides a soft feel for consistent feedback.

Stainless steel construction and a classic, teardrop shape helps shift the center of gravity deeper for controlled distance.

Generous sole widths prevent digging into the turf for superior performance from both sand and tight lies.

Very easy to hit with closed or open clubface.

It looks like they are done with the Puglielli line, which I had read great things about.

Not sure if these have the same features, cnc, etc...

Nice looking lob but I think I'll stick with my Scratch 60° ;)

rob

I Can't Help It If I'm Lucky...

Not much about them from the Adams site -

Maximum USGA groove volume allows for better ball contact resulting in optimal spin and control.

Classic chrome finish provides a soft feel for consistent feedback.

Stainless steel construction and a classic, teardrop shape helps shift the center of gravity deeper for controlled distance.

Generous sole widths prevent digging into the turf for superior performance from both sand and tight lies.

Very easy to hit with closed or open clubface.

It looks like they are done with the Puglielli line, which I had read great things about.

Not sure if these have the same features, cnc, etc...

Nice looking lob but I think I'll stick with my Scratch 60° ;)

rob

Rob, they're not done with the Puglielli line. In fact, the Puglielli is getting a major facelift. Check out this link, please: http://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/103-adams-puglielli-wedge-2010/page__p__313__hl__puglielli__fromsearch__1entry313

Hi Moe -

they're not done with the Puglielli line. In fact, the Puglielli is getting a major facelift. - I must have missed that on the Adams site, let me check...yeah, no reference to them there... :o

I do like the grind they did on the Watson though - its good to see Mfg's paying attention these days to the little things that yield better results.

rob

I Can't Help It If I'm Lucky...

Archived