TESTERS WANTED! ×

Arccos 360 2nd generation shot tracking system

Peterpc2828

Spy's

Just noticed Arccos will be releasing their 2nd generation shot tracking system for your full set of clubs, looks like low profile sensors, 2 year battery guarantee, enhanced shot tracking and power saving mode for your phone. They are taking pre orders at $249 for the full set with a November release date.

I may be buying this and if so will provide a review once I get to use this for a while.

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1475603513.569595.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Wow, looks like they were able to reduce the size of the sensor, makes it more tempting to buy !

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

Curious to see your impressions ... saw a really great deal on the Izzo Swami GT = Game Tracker system combined with a GPS and ended up returning it......

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Go for it Peter!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I am really interested in a system like this but I would have to get used to playing with a phone in my pocket. Really interested in hearing your thoughts on it. I think the price point is about right too.

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

I am really interested in a system like this but I would have to get used to playing with a phone in my pocket. Really interested in hearing your thoughts on it. I think the price point is about right too.

Chem-- I have the Arccos Driver which is essentially the same thing but only for your driver, I too was skeptical at first about playing golf with my phone in my front pocket, I was always the type to shut it all down and just enjoy the round of golf, I'd usually leave the phone in the car or locker. I can tell you that since I purchased the Arccos Driver I have had no issue with the phone in the front pocket, actually have gotten very used to it and has not effected my game, my recommendation would be the make sure the phone is on silent so texts/ calls / alerts don't disrupt you while playing, id go even one step further and try playing a round or two of golf with your phone in your front pocket as a test before even buying the system.

My only complaint about the Arccos Driver is that the sensors is a bit large but with the new improvements and the sensors being much smaller I think this will be a must have, I am certainly planning on placing a pre order soon. Good luck!!

That's a great suggestion about playing a few rounds with just your phone.

I am getting bennington bag soon so it would be perfect with these sensors. The irons dangle in the bag so really no chance for damage. Very interested, but I'll wait for your guinea pig tests  :D

I am definitely a data fanatic

Hey Peter -

Curious why you choose this one, vs Game Golf or any other similar gadgets..?

Thanks!

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

Hey Peter -

Curious why you choose this one, vs Game Golf or any other similar gadgets..?

Thanks!

I have not purchased the full system yet, I have the driver version only but did pre order this one for a November delivery. But to answer your question I did not want to wear a beeper style device on my belly and have to "tap" my club every time I was going to take a shot, this system is effortless as long as you are willing to keep your cell phone in your front pocket- for some guys that may be the deal breaker. I'd suggest playing a few rounds of golf with you phone in your front pocket to get used to and see if it actually would bother you, also keep in mind you never have to take your phone out of your pocket unless you want to use the gps system in the app to gauge your distances if you choose to, I have to tell the system works very well and is very accurate as I have tested with my laser range finder.

Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions.

I have not purchased the full system yet, I have the driver version only but did pre order this one for a November delivery. But to answer your question I did not want to wear a beeper style device on my belly and have to "tap" my club every time I was going to take a shot, this system is effortless as long as you are willing to keep your cell phone in your front pocket- for some guys that may be the deal breaker. I'd suggest playing a few rounds of golf with you phone in your front pocket to get used to and see if it actually would bother you, also keep in mind you never have to take your phone out of your pocket unless you want to use the gps system in the app to gauge your distances if you choose to, I have to tell the system works very well and is very accurate as I have tested with my laser range finder.

Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions.

I wonder why they couldn't go to some kind of Game Golf receiver set up though? Some kind of small device that clips to your belt and passively records data. If you think of the size of a Bushnell Neo, that would be all that is necessary in terms of GPS, and a bluetooth chip can't be all that big to add in.

Do you know if the phone has to be in your pocket (on your leg) or could it clip to your belt?

I wonder why they couldn't go to some kind of Game Golf receiver set up though? Some kind of small device that clips to your belt and passively records data. If you think of the size of a Bushnell Neo, that would be all that is necessary in terms of GPS, and a bluetooth chip can't be all that big to add in.

Do you know if the phone has to be in your pocket (on your leg) or could it clip to your belt?

Yes you can keep your phone on you belt or in your pocket as long as it's on you and not your bag or cart.

I also saw this and am very interested in this product (although I do admit I want to see a bit of improvement in my game before I spend this much money on stat tracking). I have played with my phone in my back pocket before (using the golfnow app as a GPS) and it's not been a major concern for me. 

I think if nothing else this would be fun to review your round after and really be able to gauge your distances better. I think what would be cool is some sort of training mode which would allow you to simulate a round on the driving range, perhaps that's for a future release

WITB

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure how this compares to "Golf Pad GPS" but looks similar - you can buy the tags .. set of 15 in black .. today (10-21) from RockBottomGolf for $75 (-$25 off).

You can download and use the free smartphone app *without* the tags - there's a button in the app to mark your current location, and optionally you can tell it which club - so you can manually mark all your shots (if one were so inclined).

You can also use the app just as a GPS and scorecard, if preferred.

Using the apps with the tags requires you to carry the phone in your pocket and register each shot (prior to hitting it).

There's a "Premium" mode in the app .. add'l in-app purchase, of course .. that gives add'l features like elevation to the hole.

Gonna try out the 'tagless' version for a few rounds, see how useful or not the GPS function is, and how easy .. or not .. it is to use the manual shot tracker.

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

• 2 months later...

I received this item as a Christmas present from my wife! I'm very excited to use it but very hesitant to play with a phone in my front pocket. She bought it from Amazon and they included a cylindrical phone battery charger to keep your phone fully charged without having to plug it into an outlet. So I am nervous to keep both in my pocket as I play with only a ball marker and tee's in all of my pockets usually. She said I could return it if I wanted and get something else. (I am due for new shoes and driver... B)) But I am interested in the analytics. Curious, is this device able to calculate swing speed? Any info would help! Big decision on my hands!

Driver- Cobra Fly-Z+ (9.5*D), Matrix VLCT-X, (45")

3W- Cobra Bio Cell (13.5*), Project X-S, (43")

4H- Titleist 910h (19*), Diamana 80-R, (40")

Irons- Titleist 714 AP2 (4-GW) (1* Flat), Dynamic Gold SL-R300, (-0.5")

Wedges- Titleist Vokey SM5 (54*, 58*), KBS Tour 90-R, (-0.5")

Putter- Titleist Scotty Cameron Futura Mallet 2, (35")

Grips- Golf Pride MCC, Midsize

Balls- Titleist NXT Tour-S, ProV1X, (Anything I can find!)

Bag- RJ Sports Knight Cart Bag

Cart- 1994 Club Car DS

I received this item as a Christmas present from my wife! I'm very excited to use it but very hesitant to play with a phone in my front pocket. She bought it from Amazon and they included a cylindrical phone battery charger to keep your phone fully charged without having to plug it into an outlet. So I am nervous to keep both in my pocket as I play with only a ball marker and tee's in all of my pockets usually. She said I could return it if I wanted and get something else. (I am due for new shoes and driver... B)) But I am interested in the analytics. Curious, is this device able to calculate swing speed? Any info would help! Big decision on my hands!

Does not give you swing speed.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Hello everyone, being a gadget person I have both the original Arccos system and the 2nd generation Arccos 360. I started with the original game golf but it's gathering dust somewhere together with last seasons must have training aid. I could never get use to having to tap the sensor to the device on my belt. Which would mean loads of editing the missed shots after the round. You also had to hook up the device to a laptop or desktop to download the data and sync with the cloud. You could not edit the data on your phone or tablet as it had to be an application for your computer. On golf trips I'd have to wait to get back home to see/edit my rounds or take a laptop with me. By the time I returned home I no longer remembered what clubs I hit where.

Once the Arccos system came out I was relieved not to have to alter my routine anymore and got use to having the phone in my pocket pretty quickly. I could now be as hands off as I wanted. You can check your shots while on hole, after you put in the flag stick after your last putt, while waiting to tee off on the next hole or at the 19th hole after the round. The sensors pick up the vibration of the club striking the ball so occasionally you could get a phantom strike which were quite easy to delete via the app should it occur. This would likely happen on those cart path only rounds when you grab a few clubs and head over to your ball. At this point after the various software updates it happens very rarely. The batteries in the Generation 1 sensors are designed to last between 30-40 rounds. They can be replaced with CR-2032 3-volt batteries.

The advantages of having access to this type of data has helped me tremendously. How far you actually hit your clubs is pretty eye opening and my course management is so much better because of it.

Arccos also makes the data easy to digest by giving you handicaps in five areas of your game. Driving / Approach / Chipping / Sand / Putting. so you can put in the practice where you need it the most. As you can see from the screenshots my chipping and my putting help compensate for my poor accuracy off the tee.

IMG_1538.JPG

And looking at club distances you can see I need to get a hybrid with more loft as it's going a bit to far and encroaching on my 5 wood. My strike with my 5 iron is only going a few yards longer on average than my 6 so working on that.

IMG_1539.JPG

Anyway hope this mini review helps anyone if they are on the fence about getting this type of device for their golf game. I'll post my experience with the newer Arccos 360 when I get in a few more rounds with it.

Cheers,

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Hello everyone, being a gadget person I have both the original Arccos system and the 2nd generation Arccos 360. I started with the original game golf but...

(etc.)

Hey great info - thanks!!!

I've been intrigued by these type of game / shot trackers but didn't really see the utility in it for me (a very average player, need to improve *everything* ).

But condensing the data, presenting it visually like that and highlighting the weak areas does look pretty useful...!

I'm also a bit unsure of distances and gaps towards the longer end of the bag ...... now I can see how a tool like this can help figure that out.

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

So you get an "average" distance per club. Which includes fat and thin hits, so to me, it doesn't really tell you how far you hit each club when hit well.

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

So you get an "average" distance per club. Which includes fat and thin hits, so to me, it doesn't really tell you how far you hit each club when hit well.

Good.point .. but possibly you can "drill down" from the summary view to get more detailed data?

(eg. the hi/lo per club and maybe number of shots at each distance?)

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

The algorithm is smart enough to know and not include bad shots or punch outs from behind trees as I did on holes 6 & 16.

IMG_1552.JPG

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• 7 months later...

specialed,

any additional update regarding differences between gen 1 and gen 2?  I've had gen 1 for a couple of years and am intrigued by gen 2.  i occasionally have a phantom shot, but not really any issues with gen 1.  in your opinion, is it worth the upgrade?  or is the size of the sensor the only thing you are gaining?

Archived