TESTERS WANTED! ×

Member DIY Club Restores/Refurbs/Refinishes

The blaster definitely won't take out dings - hand work for sure there, but how are you getting finish out of the cavities and tight corners with a 6" wheel?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Yeah, it's definitely tricky business. First, my two wheels are 1/2" and 1/4" thickness respectively. The thinner wheel is what I use to reach tighter spots. Also I have a chuck attachment that I can use to put the wheel in the drill, so the first couple of wheels I bought are little stubs now, smaller in diameter than the arbor plates on my grinder, but they work nicely in the drill. I'll use those to reach cavity, backplate, flange -- or I'll use scotch brite if it needs to be done by hand. When polishing, I'll use the bench grinder for most of the body, and use the dremel with a polishing wheel to get the tighter spots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: TM%20LOGO1_zpsiu5rjvgi.png Burner Superfast TP 9* Fuji TS Evolution II Speeder; X-Flex

3 Wood: PingLogo1_zps9tkzkolg.gif G Series 15* Tour 75g; S-Flex

Irons: callaway-logo1_zpshbc6azir.png2016 APEX MB 3-PW; KBS Tour; S-Flex; 1/2" Long, 1* upright 

Wedges: Vokey-Design-Wedges1_zpsf6xkz8xp.png 50* 54* 58* SM5, K Grind 

Putter: betti%20loho1_zpszxuq88tc.png Bettinardi SS9 DASS Prototype/Hexperimental

That's going to look fantastic! Looking forward to seeing. I may have to pick up a putter with an insert this weekend and do something with it. Very cool.

Btw, if you decide you're going to pull the trigger on a blast cabinet setup... let me know. For my first one, I made one out of a Rubbermaid storage bin. I can give some pretty straightforward instructions on making one that'll do the job. If buying one, a place like harbor freight/northern tool is the route to go.

Driver: TM%20LOGO1_zpsiu5rjvgi.png Burner Superfast TP 9* Fuji TS Evolution II Speeder; X-Flex

Irons: callaway-logo1_zpshbc6azir.png2016 APEX MB 3-PW; KBS Tour; S-Flex; 1/2" Long, 1* upright 

Putter: betti%20loho1_zpszxuq88tc.png Bettinardi SS9 DASS Prototype/Hexperimental

Wanted to see what the group thought of this... my regular golf buddy's 2.5. This was his request: face and weights dark bronze, as close to purple as it gets without crossing line. Body: hi-polish. I think it looks cool and kind of like the concept, but I also think it looks like sort of a half-assed crack at customization/finishing. To just do the inlay and weights... like, if you're gonna do it, then do it... but then again, the contrast looks cool to me...

You see my dilemma. Opinions please. I was thinking about picking up a studio style or something and only doing the insert, or finding one of these and doing the same thing.

BOHcI4T.jpgoaT0y4n.jpgbvBogae.jpgBOWQAsC.jpg

I am with you....it looks half done. But everyone has different tastes

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Yeah... I like it and I don't. Maybe if I had the satin finish back it would look better to me but I'm not gonna go thru the rigormaroll of finding out. Dumped some clear blue in the weights and dots, looks decent to me, buddy will love it. Onto finding an insert putter to pay some attn to this weekend

Here's what the 2.5 looks like before handing it back to buddy.

9iM1268.jpg

k4NAcwR.jpg

NYxZ030.jpg

LfXLyhm.jpg

jeE41Ex.jpg

Ng72o0t.jpg

Beautiful X-stiff?? love the combo of silver, torched gold and green!!

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

I'm pretty sure he'll go blind if he games that thing during a Texas summer

First photo is before, then I cleaned it, 3 photos, then I torched it, and then cleaned it, then torched it then cleaned, they didn't look good, then the last few pics are the finished goods. It's kind of a chocolate bronze color, with some purples and and blues and gold colors mixed in. Not bad for my first, second, third, tenth try at it with the same putter.image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Yeah looks real good. That thing must've had some kind of pvd finish. I've run into a couple putters that had silver pvd for finish and I always thought that was sooooo pointless (except for rust protection)

I like bright colors so I will probably do something bright, not sure what color yet. I've got the exact same putter that I will be doing something with. I will have that one blasted before hand. Then I will get a copper insert for that and see what I can do with that, but hat will be later in the year I think.

Wow. Very cool!

I went ahead and re-did that Sonoma. I liked it at first, but the more I looked at it the less I liked it -- I've found that it's usually worth re-doing when that happens... so I went for a darker final color. I also blasted before torching, and threw some new Circle T weights in there. Really like this one. In fact, it's one of my favorites so far.

cHBEfTY.jpg

NyTochs.jpg

63XeFCd.jpg

g590nMw.jpg

GeXqhyd.jpg

6rhUKIb.jpg

Also finished a studio select Fastback 1.5

zqsqO6f.jpg

d6sigR8.jpg

6scZnDS.jpg

G7ehH9s.jpg

b4vWCwR.jpg

LQ3hsQ8.jpg

iC5QF8m.jpg

Am now working on an older nike and odyssey. I'm really pumped about getting an exotic insert from spryevo.

Yeah man, looks great. I think this could look incredible in there, and probably show up around the same time as your insert:

Tamiya Models X-23 Mini Acrylic Paint, Clear Blue https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0099WQA36/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_KKPJybSC3ADH5

Yeah man, looks great. I think this could look incredible in there, and probably show up around the same time as your insert:

Tamiya Models X-23 Mini Acrylic Paint, Clear Blue https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0099WQA36/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_KKPJybSC3ADH5

Yes, that will look nice.