Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

Member DIY Club Restores/Refurbs/Refinishes

Going to start working on my first Scotty re-paint this weekend!  Got my Tamiya paints and all the supplies, just need to set the time aside to start the project.

A side question though, does anyone know what white paint will match best to a Taylormade M2?  buddy of mine need his touched up and wasnt sure if the Tamiya White Gloss would work.

Anybody used that point or something different for an M2 touch up?

Going to start working on my first Scotty re-paint this weekend! Got my Tamiya paints and all the supplies, just need to set the time aside to start the project.

A side question though, does anyone know what white paint will match best to a Taylormade M2? buddy of mine need his touched up and wasnt sure if the Tamiya White Gloss would work.

Anybody used that point or something different for an M2 touch up?

Not totally sure, tamiya is quality stuff and should be a good starting point. RB7 has done some great looking driver work and may have some insight to the best option for trying to clean up paint chipping on the M2 crown. I have a '17 M2 that has some nasty chipping along the line where the face meets the crown. I think I'm going to read up on DIY spray jobs and maybe go all black on it. Expand the horizons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: TM%20LOGO1_zpsiu5rjvgi.png Burner Superfast TP 9* Fuji TS Evolution II Speeder; X-Flex

3 Wood: PingLogo1_zps9tkzkolg.gif G Series 15* Tour 75g; S-Flex

Irons: callaway-logo1_zpshbc6azir.png2016 APEX MB 3-PW; KBS Tour; S-Flex; 1/2" Long, 1* upright 

Wedges: Vokey-Design-Wedges1_zpsf6xkz8xp.png 50* 54* 58* SM5, K Grind 

Putter: betti%20loho1_zpszxuq88tc.png Bettinardi SS9 DASS Prototype/Hexperimental

I will give the Tamiya white a shot this weekend to see how it matches up to the 16' M2.

Finally started to work on the Scotty a little bit and decided to mess with my wedges as well.  Going for a Master's them on my wedges, hopefully inspires a better short game! lol

First time doing my own paint job and these were done without needle tip applicators. (Those should arrive today)  Way to time consuming with a toothpick and acetone to clean the edges

scotty.jpg

wedge.jpg

I've found that when doing the cherry dots on Camerons, it's best to reallllllly thin the paints either in the paint mix, or by swabbing the dot with a q-tip soaked in isopropyl alcohol. The first drop should rush to the edges of the dot and then fill in from there with additional drops.

Driver: TM%20LOGO1_zpsiu5rjvgi.png Burner Superfast TP 9* Fuji TS Evolution II Speeder; X-Flex

Irons: callaway-logo1_zpshbc6azir.png2016 APEX MB 3-PW; KBS Tour; S-Flex; 1/2" Long, 1* upright 

Putter: betti%20loho1_zpszxuq88tc.png Bettinardi SS9 DASS Prototype/Hexperimental

Here's my first real stab at a black polymer finish on a putter that I give a damn about.

bbBR76K.jpg

xR9bMEV.jpg

UaU2p9l.jpg

kxXqfMY.jpg

The polymer kind of "pebbled" which I'm not in love with, I'd rather it be flat or smooth, but otherwise it looks great. Going to keep after it until I get it perfect.

Got it, I think.

z6S2MYw.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/7I6SvyU.jpg/

WTO8J9A.jpg

l3RyODG.jpg

vnx7Squ.jpg

LnXDYet.jpg

6RBDR7F.jpg

BDKiP88.jpg

Here's my first real stab at a black polymer finish on a putter that I give a damn about.

bbBR76K.jpg

xR9bMEV.jpg

UaU2p9l.jpg

kxXqfMY.jpg

The polymer kind of "pebbled" which I'm not in love with, I'd rather it be flat or smooth, but otherwise it looks great. Going to keep after it until I get it perfect.

Looking great, is it with the original insert or copper? I got the same model and thinking of doing something similar

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

The original insert. Was thinking about torching Bronze, but I like the extreme contrast of black and silver

Your polymer is too thick and you're spraying it on too thick is why it's wrinkling. It needs to be thinned down, atomized more and sprayed from a further distance. And you'll want a bake on product

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Your polymer is too thick and you're spraying it on too thick is why it's wrinkling. It needs to be thinned down, atomized more and sprayed from a further distance. And you'll want a bake on product

Thx RB7, your knowledge is always appreciated.

You see the same problem here just to a lesser extent? I've been experimenting with different techniques.

AMMDp3S.jpg

dS47wgX.jpg

Trying to do a clear paint fill on the weights for my Scotty.  Did a color fill on the numbers and let dry for days, but when i try to fill with the Tamiya clear it causes the color paint in the numbers to bleed and run.

What is causing this since the paint has dried for days and its another paint on top of it?

Any suggestions?

Thx RB7, your knowledge is always appreciated.

You see the same problem here just to a lesser extent? I've been experimenting with different techniques.

AMMDp3S.jpg

dS47wgX.jpg

Yep, same thing. Adjust your air up to about 35 psi and barely open the supply from the cup. I adjust the needle valve half a round open. I also thin it waaaaaay down with the product I use. Like almost translucent. My product goes on 1-3 mils thick, which is thinner than a household trash bag. And then I bake it in the oven I built.

In The Bag

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

I'd also recommend preheating the metal so it'll flow better once it's on there and the solvents flash off a little quicker and it becomes more uniform

In The Bag

I'd also recommend preheating the metal so it'll flow better once it's on there and the solvents flash off a little quicker and it becomes more uniform

Yeah I have been preheating at the temp I cure at, which is about 315°-320°. I usually preheat for approximately 7-8 mins to get the solvents to evaporate when they hit the metal and leave the pigment behind. I haven't been thinning the product I use (which cures at ~315° for about an hour) and is tougher than nails once it cures. It's a firearms coating that I've seen others use successfully... I'll PM you the name and see what you'd suggest on thinning.

• 4 weeks later...

Very nicely done dude

Just saw this thread... wow. Pretty awesome stuff on here. Keep up the good work Gents. Already makes me want to get my new putter blacked out and I don't even have it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Oh yeah - murdered out putters make the world go 'round!

http://www.instagram.com/libertyballmarkers

http://www.ebay.com/usr/libertyballmarkers

Can it be done to the Odyssey Works #1 Versa?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Yeah in some form or fashion. Either strip the pvd/plating and black oxide or blast followed by black polymer.

Here's my gamer that I just finished in black oxide.

DvhWoTW.jpg

mrxK3NO.jpg

PkMHVuT.jpg

p8kx1I4.jpg

1qkbwQ2.jpg

Nice job

EvnRoll ER6

883D9C41-61E1-4D41-AB22-64E2F4A57309_zps

58D82C04-1B64-47F5-B6D8-C7AD5DD3A6F4_zps

C95146FE-12B0-4E41-8834-106402C45D7F_zps

In The Bag

That's fantastic rb7

That's awesome!!

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star