Xstiffshafts

Member DIY Club Restores/Refurbs/Refinishes

2007 Taylormade Burner 460 Modified, Now time to Add the Gas! Different types, One at a time and Evaluate the Affects!

You have my attention, Sir.

A few of my recent refinish projects:

Pro Platinum Newport MidSlant converted to black oxide:1234746252_merge_from_ofoct(2).thumb.png.7e50c78243ad5550a5d16dce70c879c0.png

Oil Can Newport converted to black oxide:

637364543_merge_from_ofoct(12).thumb.jpg.5cbc2b0e49d6810f3746c9ffc69eb4b4.jpg

Studio Design 2 converted to black oxide:

merge_from_ofoct.thumb.jpg.a8473d2549d0cd6244f4de044b7189e5.jpg

Chrome Wilson 8813 stripped and torched:

859129831_merge_from_ofoct(2).thumb.jpg.225d58bb2762d953879838db890321ef.jpg

Stainless Newport Two Select beadblasted to a satin finish:

2027717096_merge_from_ofoct(1).thumb.jpg.ffa6e281e559996cdba13bf6a3bfd2d2.jpg

• Like 4

Whatever type of "Black Oxide" you are using is really too thick - covering all the milling on the face, and way too glossy.  Looks more like Black Nitriding or PVD to me, but I'm open to you educating me?

Whatever type of "Black Oxide" you are using is really too thick - covering all the milling on the face, and way too glossy.  Looks more like Black Nitriding or PVD to me, but I'm open to you educating me?
Pvd would never cover the milling,pvd and dlc are probably the thinnest durable coatings available actually dlc being best imho

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Love 1

On 1/3/2019 at 9:28 PM, halliedog said:

The putters were rusty, dinged and dented and in overall awful shape to begin with and basically had no facemilling remaining. I just do this as a hobby I don't have the ability to remill faces. The owners of the putters understood that I'd need to at least lightly sand the face to prep it for the finish and were OK with the shallow lack of milling or requested complete removal of the milling marks. These putters were all requested to be glossy and probably look overglossy because they are oiled.

• Like 3

Here are some before and after pics of a beat up, rusty old Circa 62 No. 3 that I refinished in black oxide. 

circa.jpg

• Like 4

On 9/5/2018 at 6:25 PM, tacotollefson67 said:

2007 Taylormade Burner 460 Modified, Now time to Add the Gas! Different types, One at a time and Evaluate the Affects!

taylormade.JPG

Whatever happened with this?