Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

THE ONE AND ONLY KIRKLAND SIGNATURE BALL THREAD

I was able to play a bit more Tuesday night with the ball. It was windy here in Texas. The ball deals with the wind better than most I have played. It held it's line with side wind and I really don't think I lost much distance into the wind. I had a 147 yard shot with a side wind, took a nine iron and knocked in still within a foot. It hit and stuck.

I know there was some feed back about it being hard off the putter, I have not noticed this yet. I will try and do some more putting with in. I will say for chips into the green, the ball grabs really nice and stops quick.

At $15 a dozen, it is really hard to beat.

Driver- Callaway 815 Big Bertha Alpha Double Black Diamond

3 Wood- Callaway 815 Big Berth Alpha

3 -5 Hybrids Callaway Apex

6-PW- 2014 Callaway Apex Pro

50,54, 58 Wedges- Callaway MD3

Putter- SeeMore FGP

Ball- Kirkland Signature and Snell MTB

Going to try on the course this weekend but got a chance to test with short game/putting this week and was very impressed. Have been playing the Nike RZN Black and Tour RZN Black and compared it to the old RZN Black and thought it really outperformed it. Not sure how it'll compare to the RZN Tour since that's a bit softer - but first impression was excellent on the KSig - especially at $15 per dozen.

• SPY VIP

Bought a couple of dozen. Played today and I'm a believer. Such a great feeling ball. Feel is very pleasant and distance off the driver was about +20 yards from the day before's round with my beloved DuoU.

Looking forward to the official MGS test, but I'm likely buying a whole bunch more of these.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

So could the Kirkland be a Snell? To my untrained eye the dimple pattern looks the same.

Or maybe Snell designed the Kirkland?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Putter- SeeMore FGP

Second round in the books with a Ksig. Again, it's a very good ball IMO. It's longer than most I regularly play. Yesterday I got in plenty of short game work. And work it was. I didn't play well shooting an 80 with 4 doubles and a triple. UGH! But, I hit plenty of pitches and chips and the ball (including my putter) saved my bacon. Obviously I wasn't hitting greens. The Ksig is a keeper for me. I'll buy more in the future. By the way... I didn't seem to notice my initial impression of the ball feeling firmer off the putter. Felt fine.

Again, I've been spreading the word about this ball but nobody is interested in giving them a try/chance. Yesterday I offered a KS to one of my regular playing partners to try out and he flatly refused to put it in his bag. I said, "only a PV for you eh?" Yes he replied. This is the same guy I've been with at a local golf store when he's buying $50 dozen PV's and only $26 Titleist gloves. He also poo-poo's the MG Elite gloves. What can I say.... Something about leading a horse to water comes to mind. LOL.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

... There are people that will always take the cheapest alternative, even to the detriment of their game. Then there are those that only want "the best money can buy". It isn't often this is one and the same. I will need to spend more time with the KS before I declare it 100% equal to my favorite $45 balls. But so far it seems to be just that, and you need therapy to ignore them at $15 a dozen. 

... Fwiw, I too found the ball to be not as hard off the putter as my original assessment. I need to get back to the course and compare on the putting green again where the difference was not subtle but quite obvious to myself and my partner. But after using one ball for two rounds that was very hard feeling off the putter, I tried a dozen others indoor on my carpet and they feel very different than the one ball I put in play. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

Played 9 today with it again, will give my thoughts tomorrow, but for me, it plays like a prov1x.

Putter- SeeMore FGP

So as I said in my last post, to me this ball plays like the ProV1X. Typically I play the Snell MTB, Bridgestone B330 Tour, Callaway Chrome soft, and for big events I play the ProV1X.

I have found the K-Sig to be long off the tee and a tad longer off the irons. It flies straight, doesn't cut or fade as much on my mishits. I hit a hybrid off the tee yesterday and felt I really mishit it and would be way left and short, to my surprise it was still pretty long and not as far off line as I thought it would be.

Full and half iron shots the ball stuck. If I was more locked in I felt I could have attacked the pin and been in good shape, not having to worry if it would run out too much.

On chips around the green the ball would hit, bounce and stick, made putting a lot easier. As for putting, it felt good off the face and really held the line.

I still need to hit some half wedges with more spin into the green, but I really feel at $15 a dozen, I would be an idiot not to use the ball.

Putter- SeeMore FGP

now if only these were available in Canada :blink: website obviously forbids shipping outside of the states

Driver - TM R11 8* Fujikara Motore F3 TP 80 :taylormade-small:

Irons - TM TP forged (2005) 2-PW DG X100 :taylormade-small:

Wedges - Scratch 1018 54 + 61 DG X 100    :scatch-golf-1:

Putter - Ping Redwood Blade   :ping-small:

Ball - Nike RZN Black  :nike-small:

Got my first round in playing the Ksig.  I'm impressed so far.  

Gave a sleeve to my brother in law and we both played today (both normally play Snell MTB) and we both thought they played very similar.  

It was low 40's out, wet and a little windy so not great conditions to test a golf ball.  I'll leave it at this though, after the first shot I never once thought about what ball I was playing.  If someone gave me this ball and said it was a tour ball that cost $30-$40 a dozen I wouldn't have blinked an eye.  

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I received my 2 dozen and will take them to the course Friday and Saturday. I've been playing B330rx for most of this season and look forward to seeing how they compare. I should have the opportunity to play side by side shots.

<p>In my bag: Ping G LS Tec 9* Tour 65 Stiff, Cobra F8 3-4 wood HZRDUS Yellow 6.0, Calloway 21* X Forged Utility iron (steel stiff), Ping G30 white dot 4-9 Stiff 110 gm KBS tours  Scor 48,52,56,60 Wedges, Nike Method Core MC3</p><p>

How are these things holding up?  durability wise, Wedge Shots.  I damn near ripped the skin off a Pro-V1 today with my Brand new RTX-3 52 degree.

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

How are these things holding up?  durability wise, Wedge Shots.  I damn near ripped the skin off a Pro-V1 today with my Brand new RTX-3 52 degree.

I've only had two rounds with them but they seem to hold up as well as any other ball. Don't see any unusual wear or markings that would make your go hmmm....

Very psyched for the official MGS test results - we're putting this thing up against the ProV.  I'm not a ProV fan, so it'll be interesting to see what shakes out.

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

How are these things holding up? durability wise, Wedge Shots. I damn near ripped the skin off a Pro-V1 today with my Brand new RTX-3 52 degree.

Only played 18 so far but used the same ball the whole round. Cover held up well with only a couple of marks but no actual scuffs or knicks. I'd say it's a little better than Snells have been holding up for me but need more rounds to be sure.

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1477664314.561408.jpgImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1477664324.620523.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I was home sick today so I have been surfing the net between bathroom bouts if you know what I mean. Over on WRX there is 33 pages about this with 99% positive feedback. One poster over there mentioned that MGS was doing a test. I am not a Costco member but I know several so if they have them in the store at Dirty Myrtle I will pick up 2 dozen. Heck If I don't like them there is someone on WRX that will buy them from me

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

For those who don't want to read the entire thread.......Here is what I found out about the Kirkland........

I wanted to know who makes the Kirkland and found this:

"The golf balls, which do appear on the USGA conforming golf ball list, are made by Nassau Golf Co. Ltd. of South Korea. The four-piece ball is intended, we think, to compare with Titleist Pro V1s. It has 360 dimples and is a medium-to-high spin ball around the greens, according to the USGA's conforming ball list."

More research:

If the Kirkland Signature is made by Nassau Golf Co. of South Korea, they also make others:

Nassau Golf distributes high standard technology golf balls to Europe. Our golf balls are manufactured according to the latest technological developments in the Nassau factories situated in Seoul, South Korea. Our broad selection offers Nassau golf balls for each type of player and each type of golf course.

Come on, anybody ever heard or played these?  Quattro, Pro Cyber, Cyber, Plus & QX?

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

For those who don't want to read the entire thread.......Here is what I found out about the Kirkland........

I wanted to know who makes the Kirkland and found this:

"The golf balls, which do appear on the USGA conforming golf ball list, are made by Nassau Golf Co. Ltd. of South Korea. The four-piece ball is intended, we think, to compare with Titleist Pro V1s. It has 360 dimples and is a medium-to-high spin ball around the greens, according to the USGA's conforming ball list."

More research:

If the Kirkland Signature is made by Nassau Golf Co. of South Korea, they also make others:

Nassau Golf distributes high standard technology golf balls to Europe. Our golf balls are manufactured according to the latest technological developments in the Nassau factories situated in Seoul, South Korea. Our broad selection offers Nassau golf balls for each type of player and each type of golf course.

Come on, anybody ever heard or played these? Quattro, Pro Cyber, Cyber, Plus & QX?

Drawing a blank on them lol

Sent using the MGS app!

@bigtazzGOLF on Twitter

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

Ksigs are great and you can't beat the price, just bought me another batch. Definitely waiting for the official review.

Sent from MyGolfSpy mobile

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

I was home sick today so I have been surfing the net between bathroom bouts if you know what I mean. Over on WRX there is 33 pages about this with 99% positive feedback. One poster over there mentioned that MGS was doing a test. I am not a Costco member but I know several so if they have them in the store at Dirty Myrtle I will pick up 2 dozen. Heck If I don't like them there is someone on WRX that will buy them from me

... I am gonna go out on a limb and say there is no chance you won't like the KS. It might not become your favorite ball, but you will love the performance. As I said earlier, I picked up 6 dozen because I play a lot, I could use them for practice rounds or give them as gifts if I didn't like them. But I did. A lot. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

Played 18. Hits trees cart paths and lots of greens. One ball whole round, held up very well. I am really impressed with the way they grab the green on chips, I am able to attack the pin with no fear.

Putter- SeeMore FGP

I caved and ordered 2 dz just now lol.

Looking forward to trying these babies out.

Tazz

Sent using the MGS app!

@bigtazzGOLF on Twitter

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

I'll be watching closely for your thoughts on these balls. I'll make a bet that you'll say they are a "very good" ball. I personally can't tell much if any difference these days between top quality balls. The ones I'm talking about are all in comparison to the generic PV1. The so called standard of a top rated ball.

I don't buy Titleist PV balls because they are ridiculously priced. Yes, I can afford to buy them all day long if I chose to. But I won't. The following balls IMHO will play as good as or equal to a PV for most players without paying more than necessary. Remember, most golf is played by weekend amateurs of varying degree of skill. I have another question.... can you or someone at MGS tell us what the average Hcp. for all members? I'm going to make a wild guess it's about 15. Aside from playing "rocks", Mojos, or other cheap balls any of the following in no particular order are very good balls for most players. Including a 1 handicapper. None of them cost $48+/dz. Most are $35 or less. One of these balls below will suite you.

Chrome Soft

Snell

Project a

MG C4

Duo U

Bridgestone E5

NXT Tour-S

Kirkland Signature?

You can get cheaper balls that do perform very well. You do want to make sure that your ball fits your game though. The Duo U and the chrome soft are very low compression balls and tend to launch the ball higher. If you're a high ball hitter already, it might not make make sense to go with something like that. I love the Snell balls and I'll see if the kirklands make the cut!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

Have tried them all/Kirklands are the best deal I have found in 50 yrs of golfing/just knocked out a 74 using a Kirkland the full 18 and it could be used again.  I have 48 Kirklands for about the same price as a doz. of my old ball, Pro v, and have given up nothing in performance.

• SPY VIP

Got my hands on a sleeve and some amazing weather yesterday. Managed to get out with 3 buddies as first group of the day and opened up a 3 hole gap, giving us ample to drop the balls and play various shots. Our foursome had caps ranging from a scratch to a 7.6.

We collectively agree that this ball is legit and does pretty much everything right. Seems quite long off the tee, great long iron flight, controllable spin on short irons and great putter feel. Wouldn't describe putter feel as Pro V, it's got it's own feel, but it's really nice.

Overall this is a no brainer from $15/dz

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP